Chapter 3

Peach

From: Unknown Number 

     Are you free for dinner today? 

You stared at your phone. Who's this? Tonight?  Bzzbzz.

     Jaebum here by the way. 

Oh. Ohhh. But what's with him and his last minute notices. 

Tonight?

     Yeah. Didn't I already say so in the first message? Why? Do you have something on

If I say yes, are you going to kidnap me or something? 

     Yeah. Probably. If it makes things easier. 

Should I go? It’s not like I want to spend more time with him or that I have anything on tonight either.

     I’ll pick you up at your place at 6pm.

I didn’t even agree yet!

     Stop being annoying. I already said that I’ll kidnap you if it makes things easier.

Are you that desperate to go on a date with me?

What’s with this girl?

     Dinner. Not a date. Who wants to go on a date with you.

It’s not like anyone wants to go on a date with you either.

     See you at 6.

You sighed. Couldn’t halmoni have gotten a nicer and more polite husband for me? Like this dude just called me annoying when we only met twice! Who on earth does that? … Oh wait. I did. But halmoni really could have gotten a kinder guy. You’re not supposed to be rude to a girl! Maybe just three quarter of Jinyoung oppa’s niceness. That harabeoji isn’t even half.

 

 

You eyed your closet. But what am I suppose to wear? Are shorts too unpresentable for dinner? But then again, it’s not like he’s going to bring me to some fine dining restaurant anyways. I doubt it. But no way am I wearing a dress. Or maybe a blouse with a skirt? Why do I even care about what’s appropriate? Him and his impromptu dinner is retarded. Maybe he could have given a notice the day before? … Oh freak. He did. Screw it. I’ll think about it later.

 

 

 

‘Oh my freak. Get OUT!’ You screamed when you stepped out of the toilet to find Jaebum sitting on your bed.

What- Why- How- I mean, what the hell is he doing here? You tightened your grip on the towel around your body as you shouted at the unwelcomed guest. ‘Out out out!’

‘Okay okay calm down. It’s not like there’s anything to see anyways.’ Jaebum muttered as he strolled to the door of your room.

‘Yah! Can’t you get out faster?’

‘Yeahyeah.’ The door closed.

‘Oh my god oh my god oh my god.’ You said under your breath as you quickly headed to your closet and grabbed a white short sleeved blouse and a skirt out, before heading straight for the toilet.

‘Why is he even here? In my room?! I’m so screwed. Why didn’t you just decide on what to wear before showering? Huh huh huh Kim Hyewon look at what you have done!’ You scolded yourself as you hurriedly got dressed. It’s going to be so awkward later. Or maybe he’s just going to sass me again. … It’s not like there’s anything to see anyways? Hey that’s rude! … But oh crap. That. Annoying. ert!

 

 

Im Jaebum. Calm down. Nothing happened. It’s not like you saw anything anyways. Breathe in. Breathe out. But his heart was still beating rapidly. The image of her with her hair wet, and the towel- Okay stop thinking about it. Stop. Stop. Snap out of it oh damn.

Jaebum was taken aback when you stepped out of the toilet. He did not expect it at all. And it was hard for him to act as though he was unaffected. You’re getting married to her anyways. It’s not a big deal! Just, calm down. Everything’s fine. … And did she just ‘Yah!’ me?

 

He nearly jumped when the door behind him opened. ‘You do know that it’s not 6 yet right? There’s still 30 minutes.’ You tried to sound indifferent, determined to forget about what just happened minutes ago.

It’s actually disturbing that you find her cute. Yah, you’re not supposed to fall for her. It’s just arranged. But would it be a problem if I really do like her? And isn’t her skirt a bit short? Should I get her to change out of it? I think I’m just being too paranoid. Yeah. ‘I had nothing to do so I came early. Your mother asked me to wait for you in your room.’

‘You could have at least told me that you would be early.’

‘Not like you would be able to check your phone when you’re showering.’ You turned and glared at him. Let’s just not talk about anyone showering anymore. It’s not helping with getting it erased from my memory.

 

 

You saw your grandmother and mother waiting for the both of you in the living room when you came down, and they gestured you over. ‘Aigoo, why aren’t you wearing a dress? Aren’t you going on a date with Jaebum?’

Dress? Date? You were trying to churn out a nice reply, until Jaebum answered on your behalf. ‘Halmoni, it’s okay. This is fine. She looks pretty in it too.’ Pretty? Me? Did he just say that-? Wha-? You stared at Jaebum. What on earth is wrong with him? Blatantly lying in broad daylight?

Your mother giggled and you immediately turned to her. This is disturbing. Her reaction is disturbing. Is she that desperate to sell off her one and only daughter? And halmoni too? ‘The both of you look so good together. Go on. We don’t want to waste any more of your time. Enjoy your date!’ Mom, it’s not a date. It’s dinner. You had to stop yourself from rolling your eyes.

‘Bye halmoni, bye umma.’ You waved to them, but got engulfed in a hug by your grandmother instead. ‘Halmoni, I’m just going for din- a date.’ Nearly made a mistake oh damn. ‘It’s not like I’m not coming back.’

‘But it’s my baby’s first date!’ You froze. She could have kept that to herself. I bet he’s going to use that against me too.

Her first date? Like, serious? First? ‘Jaebum-ah, take good care of our Hyewon-ie okay? Thank you!’ You finally got out of the hug while your mother spoke to Jaebum.

‘Yes, auntie.’

‘What auntie? Call me umma, like how Hyewon calls me.’ You looked uncomfortably at Jaebum. Okay umma and halmoni should really tone it down. See, he could have just waited for me at 6pm outside the house, and none of this would have happened. Including the room.

‘Y-Yes, umma.’

‘Let’s go.’ You tugged onto Jaebum’s shirt before heading to get your flats.

‘Have fun and don’t worry about coming home too late!’ You grandmother grinned as she patted Jaebum’s back. Don’t sigh. Kim Hyewon. Just keep calm.

‘Yes, halmoni! Byeee!’

 

 

You finally let out a deep breath after you stepped out of the house.

‘Do you have a curfew?’ Now what’s with him?

‘Not really. Why?’

‘I was planning to bring you to see my friends after dinner. Well, since you have no curfew then it’s fine. Halmoni said that we don’t have to worry about coming back too late anyways.’

‘Don’t think about doing anything funny to me.’

‘It’s not like I want to do anything to you.’ Everything seemed to remind the both of you of what just happened in your room. You shuddered.

‘That’s good.’

 

 

‘I didn’t know that you have a car.’ You said before getting on it.

‘Well now you know.’

‘Is this new?’

‘No, not really.’

‘Then why were you driving Jinyoung oppa’s car previously?’ Somehow, I don’t really like her calling him that.

‘I slept over and didn’t have my car with me. You ask too many questions.’ Jaebum muttered as he dumped a jacket, which he got from the backseat, on your lap. You stared at the jacket, and then at him. ‘Your legs will freeze.’

‘Thanks.’

 

The ride was silent until Jaebum spoke again. ‘You didn’t date before?’

‘Mmhmm.’ See, halmoni shouldn’t have said it right then and there. Why is he asking me this anyway?

‘At all?’

‘Yeah.’

‘Oh.’ And it was back to awkward silence between the both of you.

Not at all? … But it’s probably true. By how Jinyoung sticks to her. Others might probably think that she’s already taken and wouldn’t approach her. Honestly, she looks prettier now, without her specs and how she dresses. Oh freak Im Jaebum stop it. Focus on the road. Not her.

 

 

‘Did your parents tell you anything?’  Jaebum asked you after the waiter left. It wasn’t a fine dining restaurant, but it still seemed quite expensive to you.

‘Nope. Am I supposed to know of anything?’ You were looking around the restaurant a lot while he watched you.

‘It’s affordable.’

‘Doesn’t mean that it’s not expensive.’

‘Okay. I’ll bring you somewhere cheaper the next time.’ You nodded. ‘They said that we need to do the photo shoot soon. Since they want it in the invitation.’ It took you some time to digest what he just said. You kept forgetting about the fact that you would soon be getting married to the guy sitting opposite you.

‘Our parents?’ You finally responded after some drag time.

‘Yeah.’ He looked at you, trying to decipher your expression. ‘They set the date already.’ Date? For? Jaebum rubbed the back of his neck as he looked away. ‘The photoshoot is three days later. Wedding is 30th.’ Three days later? 30th? But, it’s like. 5th already. ‘They didn’t tell you anything?’

‘Maybe they were going to tell me tomorrow or something.’ It’s actually happening. The wedding and everything. Your mind went blank as you stared at the utensils in front of you.

‘I told them to not make it big. Just some relatives and friends. And maybe some colleagues.’ You nodded. That’s fine by me. / Why does she suddenly look so- blank?

‘The photo shoot is on Thursday?’

‘Yeah. You’ll have to request for leave from work.’

‘Oh. Okay. The whole day?’

‘Yeah.’

‘You’re okay with it right? Hyewon?’

You snapped your head up to look at him. ‘Ah. Yeah. Yeah. I’m okay.’ It’s just. Too sudden.

 

 

Fortunately, for the both of you, the food was able to cheer you up. And as soon as you began eating, you forgot about the entire marriage thing again. Maybe not entirely forget, but it just did not affect you that much anymore.

‘Where are we going to meet your friends?’

‘Club.’ For a brief moment, you thought you heard wrongly. But the look on his face told you otherwise. ‘We always hang out together. With Jinyoung.’ At clubs? No wonder the background sometimes sounds so loud when I call him. You just nodded silently. Jaebum turned to look at you. ‘Don’t tell me you’ve never been to a club before?’ Why does he sound like he’s talking to an alien right now?

‘Then I won’t tell you.’

‘Are you serious? Never? Not once?’

‘Yeah. I can’t drink.’

‘Your friends didn’t bring you there?’ You shook your head. How many firsts am I making her experience though? Does she only go to Jinyoung’s place?

‘You said that Jinyoung oppa will be there?’

‘You?’ You paused. Oh. Yeah.

‘Jaebum oppa you said that Jinyoung oppa will be there?’

‘Probably. He’s always there.’ Though I hope that he isn’t there this time. Jaebum thought unconsciously.

 

 

You grabbed onto Jaebum’s arm the moment you stepped in. I don’t think I’m going to get used to this place. It’s loud.

‘It’s quieter at the other side.’ Jaebum said as he slung his arm over your shoulder and pulled you closed to him, feeling you tense up.

‘I told you not to think about doing anything funny to me.’ You muttered.

Jaebum chuckled. ‘I’m not doing anything funny to you. I’m just bringing you here to see my friends.’

‘Jaebum oppa.’ She actually called me that without me asking her to. And he nearly stopped walking. ‘Don’t leave me alone okay?’ You asked softly as you looked around. I don’t really like this place.

His heart skipped a beat. Why am I being like this? ‘Don’t worry, I won’t. They’re nice people anyway. They wouldn’t dare to do anything to you.’ He ruffled your hair lightly.

 

 

You finally reached a corner of the place where there were couches and tables, less noise, and lesser lights shooting randomly all over the place. And you were not the only one who was relieved. Jaebum was starting to get ticked off by the amount of looks you got when he brought you past the counter. Maybe I should have met the guys somewhere else for this.

‘Look it’s Jaebum hyung!’ Is it just me or does he not sound Korean? And why does he seem so tall.

‘With a girl!’ Blonde hair? Wait he doesn’t sound Korean either. So much for it being not that loud here. Almost immediately, five guys rushed towards you and you edged nearer to Jaebum.

‘Yahyahyah what do you think you’re doing go back. Back.’ You were actually stunned when they listened to Jaebum. ‘Where’s Jinyoung?’

‘He said that he has family matters. Can’t come today.’ Another blonde hair dude answered. Looks like I can’t differentiate them by their hair colours then. You looked at Jaebum who turned to you. Well then I guess that’s unfortunate. Now the only one which I can stick to is this annoying harabeoji here.

‘Who is she?’ Your eyes widened as the first blonde guy leaned towards you and eyed you, your hand immediately fumbling for Jaebum’s shirt.

‘Yah! I said back. Don’t look at her like she’s some specimen.’ Why does he have such weird friends? Oh wait. They’re friends with Jinyoung oppa too. You immediately let go of his shirt once Jackson backed off.

‘Oh! Noona you’ve become prettier!’ You eyed another one. I’m getting confused. Noona? He knows me? I don’t quite remember seeing him around before though? / Who said that you can just freely call her that? And what’s with the become prettier?!

‘Yugyeom you know her?’

‘Wasn’t she in our school?’

‘GUYS,’ that got their attention. ‘She’s my fiancée. Kim Hyewon.’

Silence. ‘Oh my god what?’

‘Hyung you’re getting married?!’

‘You didn’t tell us!’

‘He did! Two days ago he was so-‘ Jackson earned a smack on the back by Mark. ‘What!’

‘When are you getting married?!’ They are like a bunch of monkeys. I need time to adapt to this. Oh my god.

‘Hey that’s unfair!’  

Silence. Everyone turned to look at Bambam. Jaebum was not feeling glad at all with the fuss they were making. Especially with that last comment. ‘Unfair?’ His tone sent a chill down your spine.

‘I mean, not unfair. But. Like. It’s not fair that you’re suddenly getting married to someone so pretty!’ That did not help at all.

You felt Jaebum tensed up. ‘Oppa. Jaebum oppa.’ You said softly as you tugged onto his shirt again. And surprisingly, it helped in calming himself down.

‘Quiet. You guys should let him talk.’ Mark said.

‘I know she’s pretty but don’t think of doing anything. Just. Introduce yourselves.’ Jaebum pulled you down to sit next to him. And when he saw your skirt again, he sighed. He took off his jacket and covered your lap with it.

‘I’m sorry.’ You muttered softly.

‘It’s just short.’ But it’s not like it’s a miniskirt or anything? It actually reaches my knees! Okay, maybe not when I sit down. Like. Slightly above? Or maybe more.

They went one round and said their names, and you learnt that three of them were not Korean, which you guessed since the start. When they’re calm, they actually seem nice.

‘I’m Kim Hyewon. Jaebum oppa’s fiancée.’ It’s actually weird saying that myself. The guys squealed when you said it. But immediately kept quiet again when Jaebum shot them a look.

‘Can we call you noona?’ Youngjae asked.

‘Yepp. Why not.’ You smiled and he smiled back, his eyes disappearing. He’s kind of cute. And Jaebum saw you smiling at him.

‘Don’t think of doing anything funny to my kids.’ He whispered to you. You did not even realize that his arm that was around your shoulder was now around your waist. And he did not notice either.

‘I’m not! Your kid just looks cute. Like a younger brother. Anyways, I have you, don’t I?’ You giggled unknowingly and Jaebum poked your cheeks. Mark watched the both of you silently. Doesn’t look like they’re arranged at all.

‘Then you can call us oppa!’ Jackson gestured to himself and Mark.

‘Ok-‘

‘You can call them anything you want but oppa.’ You immediately turned to Jaebum. Mark smirked. He’s jealous.

‘What else is there to call them?’

‘I don’t know. Come up with something. Blondie 1 and Blondie 2 or something. Just not oppa.’

‘Hyung!’ Jackson shouted.

‘Oppa you’re mean.’

‘Hyung, you’ll have to bring her over again when Jinyoung hyung comes though.’ Bambam said. No way am I bringing her here again. Unless I make sure she’s properly wrapped up.

‘I thought she’s Jinyoung hyung’s friend?’ You nodded at what Yugyeom said.

‘But that guy never introduced her to us?’ You looked at Jackson. Why do I find him really weird?

‘He doesn’t have too. It’s not like he’s dating her or anything.’ Jaebum replied.

‘Then why did you bring her here? It’s not like you’re dating or anything.’ All of them eyed Jackson weirdly.

He sighed. ‘We’re getting married. Engaged.’

‘Oh yeah.’

‘Hyung, I think you really do have short term memory.’

‘Finefinefine. Okay. I can’t remember anything. I’m sorry for your loss.’ Jackson threw a cushion at Youngjae.

 

 

‘Jaebum? You’re back?’ The both of you turned to the person who called him.

‘Oh hyung!’ Jaebum exclaimed, and your hand found its way to his shirt again.

He looked at you and saw the look in your eyes. ‘Just a while. Five minutes.’ Jaebum turned to the rest of the guys. ‘Help me take care of her. I’ll go talk to Wooyoung hyung for a while.’ He patted your head lightly and went to greet whoever that Wooyoung person was. Almost immediately, the warmth that he has been providing you with disappeared.

 

You blinked and Jackson immediately took Jaebum’s seat beside yours. ‘Hyewonie! Don't you want to drink at all? Hmm?' You turned to him and smiled.

‘Jackson what are you doing?’ Mark was immediately on full alert. He knew that the guys will probably do anything now that Jaebum was gone.

'Uh, no it's okay. I can't really-'

'Noona, just drink, Jaebum hyung can bring you home anyways.' You looked at the cup that Bambam held in front of you.

'And it's not fun if you don't drink at all.' Yugyeom added. But the thing is. I can't. That harabeoji said just a while! It's been so long already! When truthfully, it was not even two minutes. 

‘Kids, don’t make her-‘ But Mark’s voice was drowned off by the three guys.

 

 

It has been five whole years since Jaebum last saw Wooyoung, and both males had quite some things to update each other on. And just like that, by the time Jaebum remembered, his five minutes had already become fifteen.

‘Hyung, I’m really sorry. I need to go back first. I’ll talk to you again next time.’ Jaebum immediately headed back to the tables, but what he saw did not please him at all.

‘Who the hell-‘

‘Jaebum-ah, calm down first.’ Mark quickly went to him. The three guys were back at their own seats, while you had your head rested on Youngjae’s shoulder.

‘Who made her drink?’ Everyone just looked at him silently. ‘Those three?’

'I didn't know that she would be this intolerant! Like, two cups? Who-' Jaebum's glare immediately made Jackson keep quiet.

‘She drank a bit, and just fell asleep.’ Mark said, while Jaebum turned to look at you. I really shouldn’t have brought her here.

'Noona is actually really pretty.' Youngjae quietly said as he looked at you closely.

'Quiet. You're drunk.' Jaebum spat, but all of them knew that Youngjae was not drunk at all. ‘Move.’ Jaebum went back to his place as Youngjae quickly retreated. ‘Hyewon? Kim Hyewon? Hyewon-ie?’ Your head was soon resting on Jaebum’s shoulder, while he tried to wake you up by tapping your shoulder gently.

‘Jaebum, we’ve tried it already. She doesn’t wake up.’

‘I’ll bring her back first. You guys are so going to get it from me.’ 

 

 

Jaebum sighed as he looked at you asleep in the passenger seat. Why on earth did I even leave her alone in there? I must be crazy.

And I'll probably get killed if I bring her home right now right? When I got her drunk and asleep? Her parents are probably going to kill me.

Or should I just bring her to my place first? Since I live alone?

But her halmoni did say something about don't worry about getting home late right? But then again, it's not like I can just not bring her back to her house without informing anyone?? Aish- I don't even know anymore! 

 


 

[A/N] Third chapter is up! And it's longer! :DDD

I couldn't change the paragraphing format so it might look a little squashed together in this chapter as compared to the previous two chapters. And just a side note, I'm writing the members as 20~+ years old so yeap! 

Thank you for the subscribers and comments so far!

Hope that this chapter was fine!

Don't forget to comment to let me know what you guys think about it :D And subsribe too!

Thank you!

<3