Chapter 27

Peach

'Are you really not going to tell anyone?' Youngjae asked as he handed you a can of orange juice by the vending machines. 

He was the only one who knew, and when others asked what happened the other day, you told them that you fainted because of anxiety and nothing else. 'Don't tell them. They'll make a huge fuss if they know. They'll bother oppa even more if possible.' 

'Hyewon, you can't keep it to yourself all the time. It's not good for you.'  

'I'm really fine Youngjae-ah.' It wasn't the first time Youngjae has brought it up. And because you didn't want anyone else to know, he made it his duty to follow you everywhere in case something happened. 

'But you look like you've gotten much paler. It's obvious, the others have been asking me. Yugyeom asked me again earlier this morning.' 

'You can just say that I got a flu or something.' 

'Are you not telling Jinyoung hyung either? Shouldn't he know at the very least?' 

'Don't! He'll definitely scream at Jaebum oppa if he finds out.' 

'Who will scream at Jaebum hyung?' 

You froze when you heard his voice, and immediately answered, unconsciously pulling Youngjae behind you. 'Nobody.'

Jinyoung thought that Jaebum was just being paranoid when he said that Youngjae was sticking to you too much. But from your worried expression and reaction, he knew for certain that you were hiding something from him. 

Not only that, he was extremely disturbed by how you were holding onto the younger one. 

'Youngjae, what are you doing?' 

'I wasn't doing anything, hyung.' 

And that was when he didn't bother to sound nice anymore. However, what he said shocked the both of you. 'You can't freaking do this just because Jaebum hyung lost his memories.' 

'Wait. Hyung, what do you think I'm doing?' Youngjae asked as you slowly let go of his hand, finally realizing what Jinyoung was trying to get at. 

'That's what I want to know! Why are you sticking to Won so much? I didn't think it was anything, but this is too much. Wait until Jaebum hyung finds out that you're-' 

'It's not that!' 

'Youngie oppa- It really isn't what you think it is, I just wasn't feeling too well and Youngjae was worried.' 

'He doesn't seem like how one should worry over a friend to me?' 

'It's just flu-' You tried replying, but got cut off before you could finish your sentence. 

'Don't you dare lie to me. What on earth are you keeping between you?' 

I don't think this is going to work out unless I tell him the truth. Turning to Youngjae, you asked softly. 'Youngjae can you go first? I'll do the telling.' 

'Nobody's going anywhere without my permission.'

'Oppa, I'll tell you. But let's not bother Youngjae hmm?' And you could tell from Jinyoung's face that he wasn't too glad with you letting him off first as you waited for him to leave. 

'So now what? Are you going to tell me?' 

'I...' How do I say it- Oppa will really attack Jaebum oppa if he knows... But if he doesn't, Youngjae would be misunderstood...

'You?'

'I-I'm pregnant.' 

Silence ensued, as Jinyoung allowed the new information to sink in.

Before you saw his eyes widening as he held onto your shoulders. 'Since when?' 

'Since when did I know or since when was I pregnant?' 

'You know pretty well that I mean everything.' 

'I found out last week. It's been four weeks now. Youngjae is the only one who knows, but he kept asking me to tell you.'

'So that was what's going on? Not that Youngjae was trying to do anything to you?'

'Of course not! Youngjae was just taking care of me the entire time.'

'Great.' And with that, Jinyoung immediately turned away from you, right before you grabbed onto his hand. 

'Oppa don't!'

'What do you mean 'Don't!'. I'm telling that idiot right now.' 

'Youngie oppa, I'll tell him when he remembers hmm? I don't want Jaebum oppa to be pressured right now when he doesn't remember anything.'

And that was when Jinyoung finally took a good look at you as he sighed, noticing how the colour has drained from your face as you frowned at him. 'Then what are you going to do? Are you sure you're okay?' 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum was startled when the door to his room closed with a slam. 'Yah, what was that for?'

'Hyung, when on earth are you telling her that you got your memories back?' 

And his back immediately straightened up when he heard Jinyoung, seeing if anyone else followed him in. 'Shh. What if someone hears you?' 

'I sent the kids back. Won went to get food. Now, tell me, when are you going to tell her?'

'Did something happen to her?' That was when Jaebum realized that the only reason for Jinyoung to get this annoyed at him, was when something happened to you. 

'No, but how would she feel if she found out that you were lying?'

'I wasn't entirely lying, I really couldn't remember for the first few days.' 

'But then Won-'

'I thought we talked about this already? I'll tell her soon.'

'That's what you've been saying since the start.' 

 


 

Flashback - 3 days ago

He was taken aback when you kissed him the previous night. But you simply nonchalantly tucked yourself into the pull-out bed next to him. The place which you've been sleeping in since the very first day. Even though he had considered the fact that there might have been something between the both of you, he kept his distance from you, and wasn't prepared when you kissed him.

However, that very kiss was what triggered his memories the next morning. And when he thought about it, he realized that he might have been able to recall everything even earlier, if he didn't push you away in the first place.  

Turning to lie on his side, Jaebum grinned as he watched you still asleep in the pull-out bed. I'm sorry that I kept you waiting, Hyewon-ah. 

But he found himself turning away when you woke up, and immediately checked on him. 

'Oppa, were you awake for long?'

'Where are the kids?'

He couldn't help but to notice the slight frown on your face, before you covered it up instantly with a smile. 'They'll be here soon. Oppa are you hungry?'

'Slightly.'

'Okay, let's go have you washed up first.' 

He didn't know why, but he kept mum as you helped him with the daily routine of washing his face and brushing his teeth for him. Am I supposed to just tell her, 'I remember.', out of nowhere? 

'Jaebum oppa?'

'Y-Yeah?' 

'I asked, are you feeling unwell today?' He saw you looking back at him worriedly as your wiped the water droplets off his face gently.

'No? Why?'

'Nothing.' You didn't whine to get the boys to help you wash up this morning like previous days. But you simply shrugged it off.

Seeing that you didn't say anything else, Jaebum too did not reveal anything as he watched you silently. Nobody will find out as long as I keep quiet. I'll tell her when the time is right. 

 

 

 

 

'So, Im Jaebum-ssi, are you having fun faking amnesia?' Jaebum's breathe got caught in his throat as he looked at Jinyoung glaring at him unamusingly. Fortunately for Jaebum, he decided to confront him about it when there was no one else in the room. 

'W-What do you mean?' 

'I don't know how you fooled Won, but you can't fool me.' And with Jinyoung staring laser beams into him, Jaebum finally decided to stop his act. 

'How did you find out?'

'It's obvious. Your eyes were blanked out the first few days. Now you're stealing glances at Won like some creep.' 

'No, I'm not.' 

'Whatever the case, it's true that you remembered. How long has it been?'

'I just remembered this morning when I woke up.' And I am still extremely amazed at how you caught on immediately. 

'And why didn't you tell Won?' 

'Hyewon will scream at me.'

'She didn't even scream at me after all that I've done, why would she scream at you?'

'Hyewon will scream at me.' Jaebum pouted as he repeated.

'Hyung!' And Jaebum was startled once again. 

'Just don't tell her first hmm? The way she's treating me now is kind of cute.'

'Wait until she finds out that you're lying. I'm pretty sure it will not be cute at all.'

'Don't you dare tell her! You got me into the car accident so you better listen to me now.' 

'Fine, but don't drag it too long. You know how sad Won actually is behind those smiles.'

'I know. I can tell that she's anticipating a lot every day when she sees me.'

'Which proves my point as to hyung is a jerk for doing this to her now. She'll not be the slightest bit happy. Trust me.' 

'I'll tell her soon, don't worry.'

'And hyung, don't whine and pout at me. It doesn't work.' 

 


 

'By the way, I think you should really tell Won. Maybe today or tomorrow. Really soon.' Jinyoung reiterated as he uncapped Jaebum's sacred bottle of strawberry milk and chugged down a few gulps.

'YAH! THAT'S MINE.'

'Are you sure you still can't get discharged? You sound even more energetic than when you were actually healthy. I don't get why you're still getting her to help you wash up when you've nearly recovered.'

'The doctor said that I can leave in two days. Well, you can't blame me for that, I didn't ask her to, she wanted to.' 

'Sure. Anyways, as I was saying. You should really-'

'Tell Hyewon. Why? Did something happen?'

'I think Youngjae is being around her a bit too much recently, you've seen it for yourself haven't you?'

'They're just friends.' 

'Glad that you have so much trust in the both of them.' 

'But, is Hyewon okay? She looks weak lately.' 

'Ask her yourself then.' 

'But I can't let her know that I've remembered.' 

'And that you're a jerk.' 

 


 

After countless of naggings and disapproving looks from Jinyoung, Jaebum was determined to finally reveal it to you. He didn't know if it was excitement that he was feeling, or fear because of the reaction you might give him. 

However, he got distracted by how you were zoning out a number of times that day, and your complexion seemed even worser than usual. 

'Hyewon, are you feeling unwell?' He asked as he pulled onto your hand gently.

'H-Huh? I'm fine oppa.' 

'Are you sure?' He asked again, but you could not hear anything as you shook your head slightly, trying to get rid of the headache creeping into your head. 

'I'm r-really oka-'

 

 

 

 

'Is she okay? What happened? What's that? Why does she need it? Do you know that she has a drug allergy? She allergic to Pseudoephedrine-' Jaebum rattled on worriedly as he watched the doctor insert a needle into your hand, before connecting it to the drip hanging next to your bed.

He nearly had a heart attack when you collapsed onto him, and immediately carried you out of his room, frantically shouting for a doctor.

Any passerby would have thought that he might have mistakenly put on the hospital gown instead of his own home clothes. 

'It's just nutrients. And she's fine. She'll wake up soon.' The doctor smiled as he turned to Jaebum. 'Looks like you've remembered. That's good.'

'Are you sure that she's fine? Is she sick? Did something happen to her? Why did she faint all of a sudden? She looked pale recently but she kept saying that she was fine-' Only did he find himself running out of breathe, then he finally stopped talking. 

'She fainted because of fatigue. She'll be fine as long as she rests for awhile. You don't have to worry. The baby's alright too.' 

'Okay, thank you so much.' And with that, it was just him and you in the room.

Fatigue? Was it because of me? He frowned as he brushed your hair gently, before clutching lightly onto your hands.

Wait.

What did the doctor say before leaving?

What baby-? 

 


 

[A/N] Updated! :D

As usual, thank you for all the comments and subscribes! 

(ongoing giveaway -> here!)

Thank you!

<3