Chapter 13

Peach

'It's done.' Jaebum watched as you capped back the tube of ointment, not spotting any form of reaction from you. What's this? 

'I said, I like you.' He grabbed onto your wrist, repeating himself, though he was pretty sure you heard him the first time. And I heard you. 

'You should turn in early.' You mumbled, looking away. He didn't know what your actions meant. He finally confessed, on top of all of those actions that he thought that were already extremely obvious. But your reponse was, there wasn't even any. 

'Why are you like this?' 

'Like what?' You answered, finally looking at his eyes. However, you stopped him when you saw him opening his mouth again. 'I-I'll go wash up first.' 

He stared at you as you pried his hands off your wrist. Why is she-? Does she hate me that much? But I thought- 'Hyewon?' 

And without another word from you, he watched you disappear into the room.  

This isn't right. She shouldn't be acting this way. Does she not like me? Can't she at least, give a slightly positive response seeing that I confessed?

But wasn't she- Just now at the rest stop, and the bus. Or is it because of what I did? Getting drunk, and losing my temper at her? 

Just before his mind could wander off even further, a ringtone snapped him out of his thoughts. But it wasn't his phone. 

He glanced at the phone buzzing on the table before him, screen lighting up, and then at the Caller ID, which he wasn't all too surprised to see. 

'Hello.' Jaebum could immediately tell that the other end didn't sound pleased at all to hear his voice. I'm not fine with you calling her at such a timing either so for this, we're even. 

'Why are you answering her phone?' 

'Maybe because she's not here and her phone's with me?'

'Where is she?' 

'Showering.' That was enough to annoy Jinyoung even more. When the former said it so mindlessly.  

'Where are you.' 

'Hotel.' And then there was silence, which made Jaebum smirk before adding, 'Now why are you calling.' 

'I'm looking for her.' 

'Okay. Continue looking then.' With that, Jaebum hung up. Be thankful that I even bother to answer the call. 

But now, he was back to worrying about you. It wasn't as though he was expecting you to confess either, maybe he didn't even knew what to expect. But one thing for sure is that, what you were giving him, was definitely not what he expected, or wanted. 



'Hyewon?' He asked as he knocked once on the door of the washroom. 'Hyewon?' And he heard the water stop running. 'I've placed the clothes on the bed, I'll go out for awhile.' And then it resumed. 

Out? Isn't it late already? Why would he be going out?? 


 

After getting dressed in his clothes, you searched through the room, but he was no where to be found. What if he drinks again? And hurts himself? 

Do I call him? Do I go out to look for him?

Or is it because of what I did just now? 

You sat on the edge of the bed as you dried your hair, with your gaze fixed on the door. 

What am I supposed to say when he comes back? Or do I just quickly sleep before he returns? 

You shook your head as you tried not to think about it anymore. But soon, scenes of him helping you with your hair the other day flashed through your mind before you knew it. And then the kiss. 

He likes me? 

He really does?

But back then, he said that he agreed just to make the adults happy. 

Then again, that was nearly a month ago.

But a month isn't that long either.

He likes me? Jaebum oppa?   

And you started to think about what Youngjae said again. All the previous times. 

It's not that I don't like him- I just don't know yet- Maybe I do, but- I think I do- It's just weird. Why is it that I keep thinking about him? 

 



After taking a short walk downstairs, which has hopefully cleared his mind, he came back to find you already in bed. But the thing that caught his attention was that you were scooted to one side of it and he can't help but to wonder why. 

Is she asleep already? What did she leave the space for? 

He stepped closer, trying not to make any noise. And he noticed the towel flung at the foot of the bed. He knew that it wasn't like you to leave things lying around, especially thrown aside. 

But of course it was there. You didn't know what to do when you heard the door beeping open and immediately dumped it aside without thinking, hiding underneath the covers. Just that Jaebum didn't know that part of the story. 

He pulled the covers properly over you, and when he brushed your hair away from your face, he frowned. 

She'll fall sick if she sleeps when her hair isn't fully dried. 

'Hyewon are you asleep?' He whispered, but you stayed as still as possible. 'Hyewon?' He said one more time, before sighing and walking away, the slight weight on your bed removed. 

Not too long later, you heard the water running, and before you knew it, you fell asleep. 

 



Jaebum bent down next to the bed as he made one last check on you before planning to head to sleep on the couch, but he noticed that you were frowning as your eyebrows furrowed, your grip on the blankets tight. 

'Hyewon? Hyewon-ah?' He whispered, placing his hand on your forehead, to find that it was slightly warm. 'Hyewon, are you okay?'

But all he got was whimpers as you pulled the blanket closer to you. 

He was getting increasingly worried as he looked at you, shaking you gently by your shoulders, and you were startled awake. 

'Hyewon? Did something happen?'

You opened your eyes and blinked, it's him. He's here.

His eyes were huge as he stared at you, his hand moving your hair to the side before he resumed his patting.

'You okay?'

You continued staring, before nodding slightly.

'You're slightly feverish. And your hair is still slightly wet.' He said as he stood up. And that was when you started panicking.

'You said you wouldn't leave me alone.' You mumbled, pulling onto his hand, and he froze. What is she trying to say?  

'I'll go get some ice, you wouldn't want it to get any higher.' I'm not sick. I'm fine. 

 

When he returned with a small towel wrapped around some ice cubes, you were still in the same position as before, just that you were staring at him as he bent down next to the bed, and knelt on the ground again.

'Hyewon.' His tone became stern when you flipped away from him, just when he was about to place it on your forehead. 

There's so much space here why is he kneeling on the ground? He got this huge bed for a reason right? 

'Hyewon what are you doing?' You snapped your eyes shut as you pulled the blanket over your head. 

While Jaebum just stared blankly at you, not sure what you were trying to get at. 

Finally, after a while, you felt a weight on the side of the bed which you left empty, and allowed him to pull the blanket away from you.

'You should have dried your hair properly before sleeping.' 

Who asked you to come back all of a sudden. It wasn't even fifteen minutes after you left. 

'Do you want it to get worser if I didn't realize now? Then you'll start coughing and sneezing before you know it.' He nagged as he placed the towel gently on your forehead, allowing you to adapt to the change in temperature first. 

'Like how you was previously.'

'Yeah. And you wouldn't want to feel that awful feeling.'

'At least I'm being cooperative right now.'

'Says who. You didn't dry your hair properly. Is it because I wasn't here to do it for you?'

And there was silence. While Jaebum swore that he saw you blushing slightly when you darted your eyes away again. 

'I-I'm feeling better already.' You mumbled softly as you attempted to pull away the towel, but your hand was stopped midway as he held onto it. 

'See. Now you're not cooperating.' You pursed your lips as you struggled to think of a comeback, while he grinned at you. 'Sleep. You wouldn't get better if you don't sleep.'

'Where are you sleeping?'

'Couch.' You paused for a moment, not sure if you heard it correctly. 

'I had a nightmare.' I think I need a guidebook to her. He nodded slightly as he twirled a few strands of your hair around his finger lightly. She changes topics whenever. But he found it cute too. 

/Why is he not saying anything? 

'There's space here.' Don't make it too obvious now Im Jaebum. He willed himself not to smile even wider. 

'There's space on the couch too.' 

'Jaebum oppa, I had a nightmare.' You repeated, and you were honestly getting frustrated. 

But again, he did not reply you. All he did was to stand up from the bed, and he removed the towel from your forehead. 

'Oppa where are you going?' Why am I being like this. Yah. Kim Hyewon. Why are you sounding so desperate! You couldn't grab him as he wasn't next to you anymore, and you were back to staring at him. 

This time, he didn't try to hide his grin. 'I'll go put this back, switch off the lights, and sleep here. Okay?' He patted onto the empty space beside you, and emphasized on the last two words. 

And you felt your face burning up again, not because of the fever this time. 

 

Within a few minutes, the lights were switched off, and you soon felt a weight next to you again. 

And fortunately for you, it was too dark to tell if your cheeks were red or not. 

Jaebum honestly didn't know what to do. He didn't expect to be sleeping on the same bed as you, but seeing that you did have a nightmare, and that you actually asked him. He couldn't possibly reject you. 

But now, all he know was that his heart was beating rapidly. 

He scooted slightly closer to you, while you did the same, but there was still an awkward gap between the both of you. 

'If you have a nightmare again,' He started, 'just grab onto me to wake me up okay?'

'Mm.'

'And if you're not feeling well, you also have to wake me up.'

'Okay.'

'Good night.'

'Good night Jaebum oppa.' 

 

Not too long later, you could hear his even breathing, and you finally turned to your side to face him, able to briefly see him after adapting your eyes to the darkness around you.  

It's real right? He's not lieing? ... He wouldn't leave me just like that in my dream just now right?

 


 

You shifted slightly as you felt a slight weight on your waist, and gradually woke up.

To be greeted with a black material before you, and an arm wrapped loosely around where the supposed weight was. 

Immediately, you felt your heart rate increase, as you slowly lifted your head to find him still in deep slumber, even though the sun was already shining in slightly through the curtains. H-How did I- he- we- Why-

You squirmed slightly, but upon your small movement, you heard him mumbling something incoherently and you froze. While he tightened his grip and pulled you even closer towards him. 

I-Is he still asleep? 

You stayed as still as possible, but no other forms of reaction was made from him, and you finally relaxed yourself. 

Looking up at him sleeping, you found yourself staring unconsciously while you eyed his facial features. 

He looks really good. From far and even up close. And you secretly loved it when his black hair was down or messy. His jawline. The two little moles on his left eyelid. Cute. And how he could look so fine even in plain tees, especially the black one which he was wearing. 

 


 

[A/N] Okay that was kinda abrupt. Hahaha. I didn't know where to end this chapter, so I hope that this would do xD

Thank you for the subscribes and comments and everything!! Sorry to keep you waiting!

Do keep the comments and subscribes coming in! :D

Thank you!

<3