Chapter 19

Peach

You settled back happily at your desk, things were going much better than you expected, with your colleagues being friendly and helpful. And you were glad that they didn't give off an intimidating vibe. 

'Our previous accountant had to leave the job due to family matters so a few of us had been struggling with her things on top of ours.' You nodded slightly as you gave your new colleague a slight smile while you followed her around, listening attentively to her introduction of the place.

'You don't know how glad we are to have you here! We heard that you were an asset in your previous company? Accuracy and deadlines all on point!' 

How did they even hear that? 'T-Thank you.' It came with lots of sleepness nights though hahahah... 

'We're kind of some busybodies who did some research when we heard you were joining us. Hope that you wouldn't mind. Hehe.' 

'It's okay, I just hope that I wouldn't be lacking behind here.' 

'You don't have to worry! If you need any help, just look for us. The director has already told us to take extremely good care of you.' 

The director? ... Figures. 

You expected to be given those gazes, or be treated differently when you're alone, seeing that you actually got in through connections, but nothing of that sorts happened. And if they were actually badmouthing you behind your back, they were doing a great job at making it discreet. 

But there was just one slight thing which didn't quite contribute to your happiness that day. 

It was the lack of a certain's somebody's appearance. 

 

 

'The director's out for a meeting.' You snapped yourself back to reality when you found a face peeking over your shoulder. 

'M-Mark oppa?' 

'You should control your expressions a bit. It's kind of obvious that you were missing your husband.' He gave you a pat on the shoulder as he retreated out of your personal space, which he knew that you were conscious about, after seeing how Jaebum struggled with it. 

'No I was! I was...' 

'Wasss?' 

'Wondering what to eat for lunch.' There. You thought it was convincing, but his expression told you otherwise. 

'Sure.' 

'The last time I saw him was 4 hours ago...' You sighed in defeat as you turned back to your work, hoping that it would at least get your mind of him. 

'He'll be back soon. Just in time for lunch, since you were wondering.' 

 

 

 

You wandered around aimlessly outside the lift of the level that his office was situated on as you waited, glancing at your phone constantly. 

You don't remember how you got there, or when you got there, but once you received a message from Mark saying that he just went back to the office, you found yourself there in the next moment. 

A shadow before you caught your attention as you quickly looked up, but your smile faded off slightly when you saw a stranger instead. 

'Hi, I was wondering if we can have lunch together?' The stranger smiled, while you took quite some time to realize that he was talking to you. 

You tilted your head slightly to the side as you pointed to yourself, while he nodded. 

'Did you lost your way around? You've been standing here for quite a while.' 

'H-Huh?' You immediately waved your hand before you. 'Oh- I have-' 

'Hye?' And in the next moment, you found your body knocking into something backwards as someone grabbed onto your arm. 

Turning, you saw the person that you've been looking for for the entire morning, but contrary to you, he looked extremely unhappy. 

'Which department are you from?' His tone and his death glare, was all it took to make the poor boy retreat. 

'T-The sales.' 

'Name?' You didn't dare to glance at any one of them as you fixed your eyes onto the ground until he was gone. 'Okay, leave.' 

'Oppa?' You finally looked up at him, to find him still staring in the direction that the guy left in. You've never seen him this fierce before. 

'That bastard. How dare he hit on you?'

'J-Jae...' You pouted, and only then did he look back at you as he loosened his grip, rubbing gently over your skin as he noticed that it was slightly red. And wanted to mentally kill himself for doing it to you. 

'Were you this popular in your previous company?' 

'H-Huh?' 

'See, it's because you keep giving that look and that response, that people find you so vulnerable.' 

W-What? 

'At least now I can have my eyes on you.' 

'Director Im.' You turned to where the voice came from, to find another person bowing slightly to Jaebum. There was an  increase in people stopping to greet him as you moved on to more crowded areas, and you can't help but to fix your eyes on the person next to you. 

His aura in the company was a complete difference from what you were used to. And the stern look that he carried around. But you didn't know that what you were used to, was something only you have seen. 

'Dad shouldn't have gotten you a week off work before the wedding.' 

'Why?' 

'Then you would fall for me harder, sooner.' He said with a smirk.

'W-What?' 

'Do you even know how obvious it is? Your eyes are just yelling 'Omo, my husband is so dashing in a suit at work as a director!!'' 

'I don't sound like that!' You defended, but you knew that statement itself wasn't enough. 'I've seen you in a suit before!' Obvious? Why is everyone saying that! Y

'Someone told you something was obvious before me, didn't they?' The sudden change in mood was something else which was obvious. 

And how did he? 

'Was it a guy.' 

'Oppa-' 

'It was a guy wasn't it.' His tone deepened again as you frantically grabbed onto his elbow. 

'It was Mark oppa!' 

'Mark?' And you finally felt relieved when you saw him calming down slightly.

'He said that it was obvious that I was missing my husband.' Which was all it took to bring a grin onto his face again. 

'Then it must have been really obvious if he actually noticed. Did you admit it?' 

'I said I was wondering what to have for lunch.' 

Following his grins, you finally heard his chuckles. 'Lunch.' 

'I don't know what to have for lunch.' 

'You mean where to find your dearest husband for lunch.' 

'Not true!' 

'Mmhmm.' 

'Fine. It's true.' 

'You can only admit those things to me okay.' You felt his hands linking through yours once you were out of the building, as he leaned in and nudged you with his nose, your cheeks flushing again. 

 

 

 

'Youngie oppa!' 

'What are you doing here?' You grinned as patted your head slightly, before taking the can of coffee from your hands, and settling in the empty space on the bench next to you.

'There isn't much to do on my first day here. They say it'll get harder from tomorrow so I might as well relax for a bit today.' 

'Then you could have went home?' 

'I'll wait for Jaebum oppa to go home together.' He could feel his heart aching when he saw how your eyes glimmered when you said his name, and how his name was included in that sentence. 

Took some time to get his name into the conversation. 'I heard that hyung will end quite late today though. Seeing that he's back after quite a while.' 

'Really? He didn't tell me that though...' 

'Anyways, how's work?' 

'Mm. The people seems quite cool.' 

'That's good to hear.' 

'Oppa, don't you have work either?' 

'Nah, it's my break now. When are we going to hang out though, it's been long.' 

'Hmm?' 

'How about dinner tonight?' 

Tonight? 'I don't think tonight is good...' 

'You've a date already?' 

'Jaebum oppa...' 

Jaebum Jaebum Jaebum. 'Lunch tomorrow then?' 

'Mm. Okay!' 

 

 

He was back in the same spot, merely three minutes later, when he was found waving you off by the vending machines. This time, with someone who he has been staying away from.

'The bet is over.' Another shot to his heart within minutes. That means she kissed him first. 

'No it's not.' Jinyoung tried to keep a straight face as he looked away from the person before him. 

'Jinyoung, this isn't what we agreed to.' 

'Do you think if you win the bet, that's all? How do you think Won will feel if she found out that hyung is the one who initiated it? Do you think it'll be okay?' The younger one spat as he glared at Jaebum.

Now what is he trying to say-

'Of course not. Then who will she look for?' 

... You. 'You agreed to the bet.' 

'She don't have to know that part of the story.' 

'Jinyoung-ah.' 

'There's no turning back now hyung.'  

 

 

 

You rested comfortably in his arms, with the television switched on in the background with its volume low. You had given up with avoiding his skinship, partly because you couldn't resist how comfortable it felt to cuddle with him. But when his face got too close, or when he decided to say some cheesy lines, you would still cringe and retreat a few metres away, just to be pulled closer to him again. 

It was your first day at work, and his too after an entire week, and looks like others decided to cut you some slack as you were allowed to head back home early with him.

'Jagi?' 

'Hmm?' Your eyes fluttered open as you looked up at him, your chin perched on his chest.  

And the look in your eyes was exactly what stopped him from saying it. Now that you finally opened up to him, and when there was nothing better to ask for. 

There's that stupid bet. 

He had seen how insecure you were, when you answered the phone call. And realized how he made you afraid, causing you to drift further away when he ignored the first kiss with you. Or else everything would have progressed much faster. 

And he is certain that this will make everything much worst. But he had to bring it up before Jinyoung does. Who knows what he would tweak the story into. 

But he simply couldn't. Seeing you smiling at him, your eyes beaming. He just can't bring himself to say it. 

'How's work?' 

'Good.' 

'The workload?' 

'Manageable.' 

'The people?' 

'Friendly.' 

'The environment?' 

'Comfortable.' 

'That's good.' 

You watched him as his eyes stuck onto a photo frame containing a photo from your wedding photoshoot by the television as his questioning stopped. 'Jaebum oppa, you didn't ask me about one very important thing.' 

'What?' 

'Is there anything that I'm upset with?' 

His eyes widened in alert as he finally looked at you. 'What is it?' 

'You have to ask me.' 

'Is there anything you're upset with?' 

'Yes.' 

'What is it?' You could feel his muscles tensing up as his grip on your shoulder tightened. 

'My Director Im looks very disturbed with something and he isn't telling me. And I'm upset with that.' 

H-How did she notice? 'No?'

'Fine.' What do you mean no? You weren't this quiet just now during lunch. And you look like you have tons of things on your mind.  

'I'm really not hiding anything from you.' He could feel your shoulders slumping next to him. 

'And I said okay.' 

This- I can't. 'What do you want for dinner?' 

'Anything.' 

'Jagiya... Hyewon?' He frowned as he saw you turning away, playing with your fingers instead. 'Hmm? Look at me.' 

'I don't want to.' 

'Whyyyyy?' 

'You're not telling me, so why should I?' You mumbled as you pushed yourself off his chest, only to find his hand grabbing onto you. 

'Work has been tough. I've missed out on a lot of things in the past week and the management got kind of messy. Dad isn't being friendly with me either with all the 'don't think I'll give you some slack since you're my son' thing.' You finally looked at him in the eye as you stopped resisting him. 'I didn't want you to worry about it.' 

Oh... 'You didn't have to get off work early for me.' You frowned as you glanced at the clock. It wasn't even normal knock off timing. And you were already at home. Why haven't you been more alert? 

'Today's really nothing, I could come back early 'cos they were only expecting us tomorrow weren't they? Hmm?'

'You'll make me worry even more if you don't tell me.' 

'Since when were you able to see through me?' 

'It was just kind of obvious. I don't think I can see through you entirely yet.' 

'Like how I know what you're thinking sometimes?' 

Yeah, that. 

'Aigoo, my cute little wifey.' 

'Jaebum oppa?' 

'Hmm?' He watched as you climbed closer to him, your hands resting on his shoulders lightly. 

'Close your eyes.' 

'Why?' 

'Close your eyes~' 

He reluctantly closed his eyes, getting nervous again as he waited for your next move. And felt a quick soft peck on his lips, before he opened his eyes to find your arms still hooked loosely around his neck. 

'What was that for?' 

'You can do it! Hwaiting!' And you saw how his eyes disappeared as he grinned. 'I don't like it when oppa gets sad.' 

'I'll keep being sad though if I can get kissed like that.' 

'I'll give oppa more kisses if you don't get sad.' 

'Really?' 

'Mhmm.' 

'Then, one more.' He grinned as he pulled you closer with his arms around your waist. 

 

 

'There was no turning back once you said you wouldn't let her go. Even after I told you that I like her.'

This time, things have really gone out of control. 

 


 

[A/N] Fun fact: I just had my GP paper today and this entire week is filled with my other mye papers. I wonder how I just updated this when I should be studying ohgosh.

(I actually wanted to rest from revision for a while ytd and suddenly wrote out everything to my amazement and was gonna post it) (But i had to search for evi for my paper today and it ended late so) (hahaha) (Which kind of explains the fast update (again)) (I was actually expecting to update this like earliest this weekend after my papers end seeing how I have yet to finish revision) (but wells)

Anyways, thank you so much for the comments and subscribes again!!

And hoped that this chapter wasn't a disappointment! (since i might have overlooked some stuff as myes has drove me insane and i might have made some horrible sentence structure or grammar or spelling or repetitions somewhere somehow in this chapter) (not like i dont usually make them) (hahaha ohno im writing alot here rn) (okay i shall retreat)

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Thank you!

<3