Chapter 21

Peach

'Hyung, why are you alone? I thought you were with Hyewon?' 

'I-I- She went to the washroom!' 

'And you're waiting for her here?' Youngjae gave Jackson a skeptical look, they were in the middle of the ballroom, which wasn't near the washrooms at all. 

Busted... At least it wasn't Jaebum hyung who found me. 'Please don't tell Jaebum hyung, I'll get killed!' 

Youngjae was starting to get worried as he looked around, but even if you were near them, you wouldn't be able to be spotted amidst the tall guests. This is bad- 'How long have you lost her?' 

'20?' 

'Hyung!' Jackson's eyes widened as he jumped at Youngjae's sudden rise in volume. 

'Okay okay, I'm sure she's fine. She's an adult right? She can take care of herself-' 

'Jackson hyung!' 

'Okay fine. Stop screaming at me and help me to find her. She isn't picking up her phone.' 

'Where did you last see her?' 

'Erm, the tables by the napkins? Or was it the cocktails? Or-' The younger one was getting even more panicky, and Jackson could tell that bumping into him was probably just as bad as Jaebum. 'The balcony! Yeah the-' 

Youngjae stared at him as he suddenly stopped to look at his phone. 'Is it Hyewon?' 

'Whoa. Thank goodness.' Jackson heaved a sigh of relief, and a smile soon formed on his face. 

'What?' 

'Jinyoung just texted me that he's with her. No worries. She's fine. Now, you better don't go telling hyung that I lost her okay.' 

 

 

All you saw was black trousers everywhere as you kept your head lowered, wandering around mindlessly, until one particular black suit stood before you and simply decided to not move away.

And from his stature, you knew who he was before even hearing his voice. 

'Hyewon? What are you doing here? Isn't Jackson supposed to be with you-?' 

He's in the washroom. 

'Won, did something happen?' You couldn't hold it in anymore when his voice softened. 'Won-ah.' 

'Youngie o-oppa.' 

'Who was it? What happened?' You shook your head while he pulled gently onto your arm, and you let yourself succumb into his warmth. And it wasn't long before you felt your tears rolling down. 

'Shhh.. It's okay...' 

You felt his arms wrap tightly around you as you were brought closer to his chest while he patted your head gently. 

'I'm here, it's okay...'

 

 

Jaebum grinned as the director which he was talking to got distracted, and with a slight bow, quietly slipped away. 

But his excitement immediately died down when he saw Jackson alone by the deserts counter.

'Where's Hyewon?'

'With Jinyoung.' Jackson said obliviously as he popped another eclair into his mouth. 

That was probably the last name he wanted to hear right then. 'Jinyoung? Where?' 

'Mm, somewhere around here I guess?' 

I knew I shouldn't have let- Jaebum quickly took out his phone and dialed in your number, but the phone didn't even ring.  

'Her phone is switched off.' 

'This-' And he immediately punched in another number. 

Which received an answer from the other end immediately.

'What are you trying to do?' 

But he couldn't hear anything else other than soft cries, and even though it was the first time he heard it, he knew it was you. H-Hyewon. He didn't- 

'D-Don't. Don't do it!' 

And the line went dead. 

'Jaebum hyung?' Jackson looked at his hyung worriedly, on top of the few weird glances from the people nearby. 

'I need to find Hyewon. I need to.' 

'Why? Did Jinyoung lose her too?' Jackson immediately snapped his mouth shut when he realised what he just said, but fortunately for him, Jaebum did not notice at all as he was soon calling someone else.

'Mark hyung? I need to find Hyewon, quick!'

 

 

He slowly placed his phone back into his pocket after switching it off, before resuming his patting. He could feel you getting calmer as your cries were replaced with slight sniffing instead.  

'I-I'm soiling your shirt oppa...' 

'It's okay,' He smiled slightly when you finally lifted your head to look at him, while your hands were still grabbing onto his vest. 'Look at you now, aigoo.' 

You felt his hands rubbing your cheeks gently as he wiped your tears away, still holding you close. 

'Do you want me to call Jae-' He saw how the look on your face immediately changed. 'I mean- Do you want me to bring you home first?' 

And then you looked back at him blankly as you blinked again. 

'Which home?' 

'What do you mean? The one that you and hyung live in of course.' 

Right... You pursed your lips. 'Can't I go to-'

'No. You can come over some other day. It's not right to stay at a guy's place when you just got married.'

'But you're Jinyoung oppa- Youngie oppa? Pleasee..' 

You frowned when he shook his head, before gently tugging you towards the exit. 

Jinyoung kept his arm around your shoulder the entire time, and noticed you staring at the glasses of wine that the waiters were carrying around. 

'Youngie oppa.' 

'Hmm?' 

'What's that?' 

 

 

Where on earth is she? Why can't I find her anywhere? 

Jaebum was bulldozing his way to and fro the ballroom, disregarding how he was probably ruining his image by ignoring the people who wanted to talk to him. 

Worst case scenarios kept playing in his mind as he continuously dialed your number, but it all went straight to voicemail. 

He can't tell her today. Not today. I have to be the one- He immediately picked up the incoming call. 

'Did you find her?' 

'He just texted me saying that he's bringing her back right now. Your home.'

 

 

'Hyewon, we've reached.' Jinyoung held you up as his arm wrapped firmly around your waist. 'Hyewon?'

'Mm?' Your eyes fluttered open for a millisecond, before it closed again as you leaned onto the person supporting you up.

'The passcode. I need your passcode to get in, Won.' But he did not get any form of useful response from you as you hugged onto him and dug your face into his suit. 

Jinyoung heaved a sigh of relief when the first combination of numbers which he keyed in worked. They didn't change it.

'Won-ah, you have to wake up, hmm?' But he knew clearly that it wouldn't work, especially when you gulped down the entire glass of wine you grabbed off the counter just before exiting the ballroom. And you blanked out the moment you got into his car.

 

 

'Get out.' Was the first thing he spat when he burst into the room to find him tucking you into bed. The bed that the both of you shared.

Jinyoung glanced at his watch before looking back at you, smirking while not glancing at the other male at all. 'That was really fast.' 

'I said. Get. Out.' Seeing you was barely enough to stop him from throwing his fist at him, he didn't want to see you disappointed. Though he was pretty sure he was going to lose control over himself soon if Jinyoung didn't leave.

'You'll wake Wonie up if you continue shouting.' He was too calm for Jaebum's liking. 

The way he spoke, when he finally looked at him. 

And Jaebum nearly felt like killing someone when Jinyoung leaned down and gave your head another slight pat before actually leaving. 

 

 

'Jagi, I'm back. Jaebum's back.' He whispered after climbing into bed and pulling you closer to him. 

She drank. 

'Hyewon?' It was hard for him to not notice that you were changed into your pajamas, when he knew that you were probably knocked out before even reaching home, by how you did not even move in your sleep. 

'I shouldn't have left you alone.. I'm so sorry..' He ran his fingers gently over your cheeks, where he could roughly make out where your tears stained.

He didn't say anything, did he?

 


 

That throbbing headache struck again the moment you opened your eyes. 

But you immediately noticed how the other side of the bed was empty, even through half lidded eyes. And that was enough to wake you up entirely, even clearing part of your clouded mind. 

I drank. I promised oppa yet I still- This is bad. 

Did Jinyoung oppa bring me back? 

J-Jaebum oppa is going to be mad. That I drank, and that Jinyoung oppa brought me back. 

H-He can't be mad. You're not supposed to make him mad. 

 

 

Just when he switched off the stove, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist tightly from behind, and froze. 

He waited. But neither of you spoke first, but he could feel his heart racing by how you stuck to him, leaning your head on his back. The first time that he wasn't the one who hugged you first. 

'Oppa, I'm sorry.' 

Sorry? The only person who should be apologizing around here is me-

'I broke my promise. I wasn't supposed to drink.' 

Why is she apologizing over this?

/ Why isn't he responding? 

And he soon felt something wet staining his shirt, and he didn't have to guess to know that you were crying again. 

'Are you still having a hangover? Why are you saying sorry hmm?' He chuckled softly, hoping that it would lighten the mood, but on the other hand, it made your cries even clearer.

You couldn't keep the words that she said to you the previous night away from your mind. Especially now that the person was before you. And you kept your arms firmly around him, preventing him from turning around to face you. 

But he still managed to. 

'Jagi?' Jaebum whispered, tugging your hair behind your ear as it got involved in the mess that your tears were making, your head still facing downwards. 

You couldn't bring yourself to look at him.      'He told me to wait for him before he left overseas. And I did, not knowing when he would come back.'

'Hyewon-ah, please look at me.' His warm hands gently caressed your cheeks, but he didn't force you to look up.

     'And after all these years, a nobody like you just appeared out of nowhere and stole him?' 

'Hyewon?'

     'Do you even know anything about him at all?'

'You need to tell me what's happening, hmm?' But he was afraid to hear it. If you really found out already. 

     'It's only been what, a month or a month and a half since you met him? And you actually believe him when he says he likes you?' 

'Hye-' Jaebum fell silent when you finally glanced up at him. 

But. But I like him. I like Jaebum oppa. A lot. 

'Are you alright?' You found yourself getting calmer when you saw how his eyes looked into your worriedly. 

That girl could have been lying. It's just a misunderstanding, like how oppa got angry the other time when he saw the papers. 

'Do you want to talk about it?' You felt secure with his gentle touches, how he treated you as though you were extremely fragile. The way he spoke, the way he looked at you. 

... But there's still a possibility that what she said was true, right? 

'Do you want to get more sleep? It might be better.' 

And you finally spoke when you felt him moving your hands away, and you immediately tightened your grip around him as you stood rooted to the ground. 'Don't go.'

'Hmm?'

'Don't leave me, Jaebum oppa.' 

'Why would I leave you?'

'Don't leave me.' 

'Let's get you back to bed, it's probably the alcohol in your system.'

'It's not the alcohol.'

'Are you not going to listen to me?' 

And with that, he successfully got you back into the room. But your arms were back around him again as you held him close to you. 

It was something else. He haven't told her yet. 

'Hyewon-ah, I won't leave you. Until the world ends, I'll never leave you.' 

 


 

[A/N] Bloop, an update!

I aimed to finish this two hours ago but I got distracted hahaha oops. 

As usual, I hope that this chapter was fine? Heh. 

And thank you so much for the comments and subscribes! 

Thank you! 

<3