Chapter 6

Peach

 

It was obvious where the both of them were heading towards, with them taking the exact same route. However, they decided to remain silent as they took turns overtaking each other from the café back to your place.

Just when they finally arrived, slightly panting from not wanting to lose out to the other, you came out of your house. I really need to tell her to watch what she wears. Jaebum sighed when he saw you in yet another dress, which was too short in his point of view, again.

Jinyoung immediately headed towards you and waved, which you waved back, but at the same time noticing the person behind him who was looking at you. 'Jaebum oppa?'

You bit on your lower lip when you realized that that actually came out of your mouth without you even thinking about it, and Jaebum grinned. He was glad that for once, you actually called him immediately after seeing him, and secondly, that his name was mentioned first.

And of course, Jinyoung tried to ignore that small interaction between the both of you, as he took your bag from you, tugging onto your arm. 'You done?'

'Ah- Yeah.' You responded, turning back to Jaebum who have still yet to say a single thing to you. 'Umma didn't tell me that you're coming over?'

Umma? What makes you think that the only reason why I'm here is 'cos she called me? 'I was just wondering if you are free, but seems like you're not, so I guess it's okay.' Jaebum rambled on. You're not being yourself Im Jaebum. Did you have to speak so fast? Get a grip on yourself! He tried to control his expression as he looked back at you indifferently.

'You didn't tell me beforehand again! I already agreed to hang out with Jinyoung oppa today though.'

'It's fine, it's my wrong. I'll text you later. Have fun!' Jaebum smiled slightly at you, before turning away without a single glance at the other male.

Wait. Why am I even here if nobody called me here? Am I really- Do I really? No, it can't be that fast.



'Let's go.' You felt Jinyoung tugging onto your arm again as you finally looked away from Jaebum, at the same time getting dragged towards his car.

'Jinyoung oppa, what are we doing today?'

'Movie?'

'Mm. Okay. What movie?' You stared at Jinyoung as he was still frowning. 'Oppa, did something happen?'

'No?'

'You can't lie to me. What happened?' You asked as you jabbed his cheek lightly. 'Oppa~ Jinyoungie oppa?' She should really stop doing that. 

'I'm just tired.' You knew that he was lying again but decided to stop asking.

'Do you want to watch at your place instead? Then it's more comfortable.'

'I'll end up dozing off.' What's with him today? Did I do something wrong? 

'Jinyoung oppa?' You asked softly, as the car came to a stop before the red light. 

How did she even notice this fast? This isn't going to work out if you continue like this Park Jinyoung. You have to let the bet work. It's the only way for you to get her. 'I'm-'

'Oppa, are you sick?' You placed your hand on his forehead when he turned to you. 'Did somebody bully you? Do you want me to go hit that p- OPPA!' You shouted when he flicked your forehead hard, and found him laughing away. 'Looks like you're perfectly fine then.'

'So, my place?' You nodded. 

'Fine with me.' 



By the corner of his eyes, he saw you checking your phone when it buzzed. And he noticed the slight upward tilt of your lips. It's someone else. Maybe Nari sent her a stupid message. 

From: Annoying Harabeoji
     Are you free tomorrow? Lunch? 

Will you be coming over? 

     At 11, is that okay? 

Yeah.

     See you. 



 


The moment you stepped in, Jinyoung took your bag from you as you headed to the kitchen. 'Popcorn or chips?' 

'Popcorn.' 

‘How’s it going on?’ He asked, as soon as you settled yourself on the couch with the bowl of popcorn, unable to keep it until after the movie. Jinyoung had to know your views about it, as soon as possible. 

‘How’s what?’

‘The wedding.’ He shuddered at the thought of him just saying it. 

‘It’s in, 20 more days? Yeah.’ Time is passing real fast. I don’t even feel anything yet. Maybe it’s going to hit me real hard when it gets closer to the actual day.

‘You seem, really unaffected by it?’ Jinyoung asked carefully, as he noted that you were starting to blank out again. ‘Marriage is a big thing, Won-ah. Especially for a girl. You can tell your parents if you don’t want to do it. You might be able to call it off.’

You did not realize what he was referring to, and assumed that he was simply worrying if you were fine with it, not noticing that he did not want you to do it. ‘It’s just marriage by name. That’s all.’ At least, that was what you have been using to persuade yourself that nothing huge will come out of it. Not that an arranged marriage was not already huge enough for you. ‘If halmeoni is happy, I’m happy.’

Jinyoung sighed as he played with your hand, ‘It’s not that simple.’ You’ll be staying together. The both of you. In a house. Alone. And I don’t want that to happen.

‘I can still come over all the time! And then I’ll be doing my work, and he’ll be doing his. Nothing will change.’ But if you really do get married, it will just give hyung a higher- No. Don’t even think about it. It’ll end before the date even arrives. 20 days is more than enough. ‘By the way, oppa, why didn’t you bring me to see any of your friends all these while?’

‘’Cos they’ll probably misbehave. Which did happen when hyung brought you over.’ And just what on earth was he thinking that he brought her to them. Is he actually serious from the start? ‘They are uncontrollable, and I don’t think you’ve adapted to them yet.’

‘That’s, kinda trueee.’ And you added softly afterwards. ‘Well, you could have at least told me that you have good looking friends!’ Jinyoung immediately froze. She’s not referring to hyung, is she? ‘You better take good care of Youngjae okay, he looks so innocent.'

‘Wh-What?’

‘He seems like a really cute younger brother.’ And you giggled. ‘Oh my god, I must be going crazy.’

‘Y-You like him?’

You eyed Jinyoung strangely, ‘As a younger brother. He just feels like a younger brother. Oppa what’s wrong with you today? You’re acting kind of weird.’

‘N-No, I’m not.’ 

‘Yes you are.’

‘Movie. Let’s watch the movie.’ 



‘Hyewon-ah.’ Jinyoung asked again, as he inserted the disk into the player in front of the room, back facing you. ‘Are you really fine with the arranged, with Jaebum hyung?’

‘Well, at least he’s not a total stranger is he? Aren’t you close with each other?’

‘Yeah. Yeah, we are.’ But I rather you not get married at all.



'Oppa, it's not horror, is it?' 

'The only ones that we have yet to watch are horror.' You could feel your feet turning cold immediately. 

'B-But. Oppa-' 

'It's okay. You have me here anyways. Its horror and comedy, I heard that the comedy elements lesses the scariness.' 

You were staring at the screen blankly as the opening came on. 'I wouldn't be able to sleep if-' 

Jinyoung pulled you closer to him as he wrapped his arms around you. 'It will be fine. We can just pause it whenever you want.' 

 

And after much screaming, and your tears visible in your eyes, with you repeatedly digging your face into his shoulder, Jinyoung finally agreed to stop the movie. 'I don't think I'm ready for any horror movies yet.' You mumbled, your voice muffled by the sleeve of his shirt.

'You'll get used to it eventually.' Jinyoung looked at you clinging onto his arm, while he patted your back gently. What if you and Jaebum hyung really- He quickly shook off the thought of it being Jaebum with you instead of himself. No. It wouldn't. 




You did not even notice that you were still leaning on him, as all you felt were the cushions that you were hugging onto, until you felt a strange contact which heightened your senses.

'Jinyoung o-oppa, what are you doing?' You asked, as he dug his head into the crook of your neck while he pulled you even closer, his hair ruffling your skin. 

'Stay over.' 

'Oppa?' Jinyoung could feel you resisting as you tried to get up, but he kept tightened his grip around you.

'I'm not feeling well.' But tomorrow-

'I asked you just now, and you flicked my forehead. You could have said so from the start!' You frowned as you turned to face him, feeling his forehead and neck again. 'Go rest early.'

'You need to stay to take care of me.'

'Yes yes little kid. Now would you kindly transport yourself onto your bed since I'm not strong enough.' You asked as you patted his hair softly, not further questioning his behaviour from seconds ago.  

 

 

Jinyoung stared at you as he watch you taking his temperature to double confirm, and then placing a cup of warm water next to the lamp. 

Just when you were done settling everything, and was about to turn to leave his room, he pulled onto you hand. You sighed, and answered him before he could say anything. 'I'll be staying. But I can't sleep here. You need to sleep comfortably or you wouldn't get well.'

'I'm not THAT sick.'

'So, I can go back?' Why does she desperately wants to go back? Is it because of hyung?

'You have to stay with me. You can't fall asleep anyways tonight.' And you did not know that it was his plan to choose a horror movie all along. So that you would not be able to stay awake to meet Jaebum. Jinyoung patted onto his bed as he scooted over to the side. 

'But how can I sleep with you? I'll be fine.' 

'It's not like you've never fall asleep next to me before.'

'It was an accident.'

'Then treat this as an accident.'

'Jinyoung opp-'

'Won-ie, if everyone was against me, would you stay on my side?' You looked at him strangely again. Is he drugged? Or drunk? 

'Okay, I'll stay over tonight.'

'You didn't answer my question.' 

'I don't think you've got a fever though?' You mumbled, looking back at the thermometer. 'Yes yes, I'll be on your side.'

'You sure?'

'Mmhmm.'




Jinyoung woke up as he felt you snuggling closer to him. She did stay in the end. But, she's still going later, isn't she?

As gently as possible, he lifted his body slightly while trying not to wake you up as he reached over for your phone which was on the night stand. And he laid back down after quickly checking your alarm, and the time. If her alarm is at 8.30, she'll probably be meeting him at 10.30-11-ish. I have roughly, one hour until she wakes up. Or should I just switch off the alarm?

Not too long later, you began stirring in your sleep, and finally woke up, fumbling for your phone immediately. 

I'm not late, that's- 'You're awake this early?' You found Jinyoung asking you as he did not remove his eyes from you.

'I, uh. Jaebum oppa asked me to have lunch with him today.' 

'You're that close already?' 

‘He just brings me out for food. That’s all.’ Then why do you have to be so uptight on being on time?

Jinyoung thought for a moment, before getting up with you. 'Okay, wait for me for a while, I'll bring you over.'

‘It’s okay, you don’t ha- Okay. Thanks.’

 

 

He noticed that you were yawning quite a lot, to the extent that you were even dozing off slightly during the car ride. She wouldn’t have the energy to pay attention to hyung later. Or maybe she'll just cancel it. It might just happen, right?  

 

You did not notice when Jaebum arrived at your place. How could you have noticed when you accidentally fell asleep, again. 

Jaebum was once again redirected to your room by your mother when he arrived, as you were not seen in the living room waiting for him. And from the previous encounter, he decided to knock before entering, but got no reply instead. Is she in the washroom again? Shouldn't be, right?

He slowly pushed open the door, to find you asleep by your desk, already dressed up and ready to leave. Did she accidentally fall asleep? What did she do that-

Jaebum bent over and saw your phone lit up just then, and saw a message from Jinyoung. 

     If you're too tired, stay at home and rest okay? You need the sleep.

What? ... She must have her reasons. Jinyoung must have schemed it. It's alright Jaebum, calm down.   

Unknowingly, his hand reached out to move your fringe away, but stopped midair when he saw you moving slightly, and waking up. 'Oppa?' I wouldn't get tired of this. He grinned. 

'Morning, sleepyhead.'

'I'm so sorry, what time is it?' He stared as he saw you rubbing your eyes slightly, you trying to make sense out of your surroundings. 

'Eleven. You couldn't sleep?'

'Yeah, Jinyoung oppa chose a horror movie to watch. I couldn't sleep at night.'

'Then sleep.'

'Mm.' You willingly got dragged by him towards your bed as he sat you down on it, and then realized a bit too late about the reason why he was there in the first place.

Jaebum was startled when you suddenly sprang back up, your hair messed up slightly, falling over your face. 'Why? What happened?'

'Didn't I agree to have lunch with you? It's late already. And here I am about to sleep- Oh freak.'

'It's okay. I can wait while you sleep for a while longer. Then, we can go out.'

 


 

[A/N] Updated~ (Yeah I've been gone for ages.) BUT MY EXAMS ARE OVER SO WHOOTS. MORE TIME. EHEHEHE.

Hope that this chapter was decent, and thank you for the comments and subscribes as usual!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Thank you!

<3