Chapter 15

Peach

One month ago,

You were simply living your life just like any other day. 

All Jaebum was looking forward to was to catch up with his friends back in Korea. 

And you getting married to his best friend wasn't even in his considerations. At all. 

 

He stared at his own reflection as he fixed his tie, mind wandering off to the few times you helped him with it. One thing for sure was that it was never painful for him to remember those times, until today. 

More often than not, he imagined you doing so every morning if you were to get married. 

But it wasn't going to happen, as the person you were marrying wasn't him. 

And to make things worse, he was the best man of the person whom you were getting married to, when he doesn't approve to the marriage at all in the first place.

Knocks on his door snapped him back to reality as he heard Bambam from the other side.

'Jinyoung hyung, you ready? We're going to be late!'  

'Coming.'

He took one last look at the framed picture of the both of you on his desk, before picking up his blazer as he closed the door behind him. 

No. And I'll never be. 

 

 

 

Everything zoomed past you that morning, with things happening so fast that you didn't even have the chance to comprehend what was going on. The hairdresser and stylist making sure that your outfit was on point, the wedding planner and your mother checking that everything was perfect. As soon as you were done with your dress and make-up, you were summoned to stay in the holding room as your parents awaited the guests at the entrance of the hall.

'How does it feel?'

'How does what feel?' You turned to your best friend as she settled down next to you, when only the two of you were left in the room. 

'That you're getting married in an hour's time.'

'Until now, it hasn't really dawned on me yet. The marriage and all.'

'Of course. Who would have expected for you to be getting married when you didn't even date before?' Nari laughed as she looked at your worried expression. 'Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone would have expected me to mary first. Just look at you,' She paused as she scanned you from head to toe. 'Do you even know how much I have went through since I became your friend. Tsk. Poor Jaebum-ssi, does he know what he's up for?'

'Yah! What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine okay.' You frowned as you smacked her arm. 'It should be the other way round!'

'To think about it, that might be true to a certain extent. Did you know how shocked I was that day when an unknown male voice just cut you off saying that you were kidnapped?' 

And when she brought it up, you could not help but to recall the first meetings you had with him, which seemed like just the things that you could joke about now. On the very first day when you heard of the announcement, you honestly did not expect to be really sitting here one month later. 

'See, so it should be poor Hyewon instead of poor Jaebum-ssi.'

'Haiz, whatever. You two troublesome people can just entertain each other for all you want now that you're getting married.'

'We're not troublesome okay!'

'Oh, and have you seen your husband yet?'

'Nope?' You answered unsuringly at the random question. 'You saw him?'

'Yeah, on my way in. He was with your parents greeting the guests. It's my first time seeing him and maybe it's just for today but your husband sure is handsome you lucky girl.' You blinked as she continued, 'But don't worry, I'm not interested in rich chaebols.' 

'I didn't even say anything!'

'I know every single thing that goes through your mind my dear.' But I didn't even- 'See, look at you. Or are you just jealous that I saw him today but you didn't?' She smirked jokingly as you smacked her arm again. 'Stop that, unless you would want to explain why your bridesmaid has a red arm, oh then you can go ahead.' Someone remind me why I'm even friends with- 'I know I'm awesome.' 

'Nari-'

'Wait,' She took a glance at her phone and turned back to you. 'My parents just arrived. I'll see you later okay Won-ah?'

'Mm. See you.'

 

 

It wasn't long before guests started pouring in, with well wishes and giving you their blessings. Your friends, ex-classmates, colleagues, relatives and some of your parents' friends. It was never ending, and you finally heaved a sigh of relief when you had the room to yourself again, with Nari out to help out, you being momentarily overwhelmed by the number of people.

You thought that you would be relieved to finally get some space to breathe, but with the silence, it caused your mind to wander off and you soon started panicking. 

Husband. Are we really getting married?

Did he forget about it again? Like the previous time? He was drunk last night, wasn't he? 

What if he remembers? What am I supposed to- How do I face him?

The scenes continuously switched between the first kiss to the one from the night before, and you simply could not get them out of your head. 

Yah, stop it. 

'Your husband sure is handsome.'

Eesh that annoying Nari- She just have to find it funny when I panic doesn't she? 

What am I going to do if I see him and then it appears in my head again- 

You were starting to get fidgety as you glanced nervously at the clock, watching the second hand tick.

And you were shocked out of your wits when you heard the door click open before you all of a sudden.

There was a pause. 

Then, a head peeked in.

And, another.

With a grin on your face, you found yourself flinching when it came.

'Hyewon noona!!!' Yugyeom and Bambam screamed, before you saw their face cringing, and it didn't require much brain cells to assume that Mark had hit them. 

But it did not take long for them to recover as they were settled down next to you within a blink of the eye.

‘YEAH WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE OUR PRET-‘

'Yah! Watch out, don't ruin anything!' And Jackson and Bambam both froze on the spot when Mark shouted. 

With a moment of genuine fear seen across their face and you burst out laughing. 

'It's okay Mark oppa,' You grinned as you shifted the train of the dress, so that the both of them could sit down next to you. 

It was only for a millisecond that the silence stayed. 

'Noona you're so pretty!!' 

'I saw the photobook, how was it ehhh?' 

'Noona and hyungie was so kyaaaaa!' Yugyeom squealed as he hugged onto Youngjae who stood closest to him. 

'And there was the one on the couch?!' 

'AHHHHH THAT!!!' Bambam screamed as he clasped his hands together dramatically next to you, while Mark and Youngjae stood silently watching the mayhem unfold.

'Did yall get touchy touchy hmm?' 

Your eyes widened as they simply shot out their thoughts, not giving you any time to process anything, until Mark sighed again. 

'Shh. I'm pretty sure the guests outside can hear you guys.' 

'But they're not inside here!' 

'Yeah! Anyways don't we at least deserve some time with our pretty Hyewonie, when she is going to be stolen by that Jaebum hyung in less than half an hour time?' Jackson whined as he hugged onto your arm while you giggled. 

''That Jaebum hyung'? Wait 'till I tell hyung about it-' Youngjae shook his head slightly at his hyung, but then again was relieved to see that you were enjoying yourself with the company that they provided you with.

Wait, where's Jinyoung oppa- 

'First hogging around the entrance staring at the photobook and blocking the way,' A deep voice was heard as the door clicked open, interrupting Youngjae midsentence. 

'Then running around the reception area, then disappearing when
there's mistakes with the tables arrangement,' Another click was heard as it closed shut. 

'A
nd now I have guests outside wondering why it sounds like there's a new year party in this room.' His voice got louder as all of you looked at the direction it was coming from.

'Why are you causing more trouble when you're supposed to help me-

And he froze immediately when the guys moved away, to see you looking blankly at him. 

'Help you?' You asked, head tilting slightly. How is it even possible that he looks even better than usual- 

Apparently, the same thoughts were going through his head at the same time, just that he was even more flustered. 'U-Uh. Hi.' 

And the three goofballs were at it again. 

'U-Uh. Hi.' Yugyeom mimicked. 

While Bambam followed suit, deepening his voice on purpose. 

'Hyewon did you see your husband around?' Jackson turned back to you, his arm still wrapped around yours as he smiled cheekily. 

'That hyung standing there is acting strangely out of sorts.' 

'Do you know him?' 
You smiled as they continued with their teasing. These boys really... 

Jaebum finally tore his eyes away from you when he felt someone nudging his shoulder, and turned to see Mark beside him. 

Not hyung too?- 'Which tables arrangement?' And he heaved a sigh of relied when he heard him. 

'They were saying that the papers with the allocation disappeared, and some guests aren't sure which tables they're supposed to be seated at.' 

'I have an extra copy, I'll go get it.' 

'Thank you so much hyung.' 

'Yah! Let's go settle the things.' Mark waved his hands, and with a nod of his head towards the door, everyone immediately rushed out, which wasn't exactly what Jaebum expected. Wait what? 

You stared quietly, while he looked blankly at the door. They actually just left me here? Did they plan this beforehand? 

'Jaebum oppa, are you going to continue standing there?' You eyed him weirdly as he walked slowly towards you, his eyes darting around the room. 'Is there something wrong?'

'N-No! Of course not!' And with that, he finally looked at you as he pulled a nearby chair closer to you. 

'You don't actually expect me to believe that do you?' 

'It's just that, y-you're really pretty today.' And you immediately blushed as he did not remove his eyes from you. Now's probably the time for him to look away!! Eeshhh. 'Not that you aren't pretty usually but, just, you look really beautiful in the dress.'

'Your mother said that you would like it.' You said, not sure why your voice was getting softer and softer. 

Why wasn't I able to make it the other day again? ... Oh there was another stupid meeting that I couldn't miss. Great. Just perfect. ... Damn it. 

'I like it. A lot.' And that made you blush even more. 

'That's-'

'Wait,' Your eyes widened as he leaned in closer to you, but you weren't sure if you were disappointed or not when he tugged a strand of hair behind your ear. 'There.' And he smiled, with his face right before you. 

All you could hear was your heart beating crazily as he looked at his watch before turning back to you. 'I'll see you soon then.'

And just when you thought he was going to leave, he turned back, giving you a light peck on your cheek, and grinning, before hurriedly heading out of the room. 

H-He's not sick. Neither is he drunk. Right? 

 

You continued to stare blankly into thin air, until the door opened again. 

'Oppa!'

He, too, stilled in place when he saw you. How can she be this gorgeous- 

'Youngie oppa!! Where have you been? The others came just now but I didn't see you!' And why is it that she sounds so excited about this?

'Oppa? Are you okay?' Your tone changed to a worried one when you saw that he wasn't responding to you, and you tugged onto his hand for him to come closer to you. 'Are you feeling unwell?' 

He looked at you as you placed your hand on his forehead, you in your wedding dress, hair and make up all done. 

'I was in the washroom.' He lied. He had a hard time deciding whether or not to find you, he didn't want to see you, yet he had to. 

'Did you reach really early?' Jinyoung looked at you as you stood up to adjust his tie and blazer. Control, Park Jinyoung. You have to control yourself. 

'I came with the boys-' And your hands shifted to his hair as you tried to make it neater. 

'Did they cause a lot of trouble on the trip here? You look tired oppa.' You mumbled as you poked his cheeks lightly, and froze when he grabbed onto your wrist. 'Jinyoung oppa?'

 


 

[A/N] Omg I actually managed to update this just before a month is up. I should probably up my game Dx

Hope that this chapter wasn't disappointing! (though it's kind of short ><) And thank you for the comments and subscribes!

Thank you!

<3