Chapter 20

Peach

After that day, Jaebum had trouble focusing during work, worrying about when and what Jinyoung would do. And as a result, he found himself spending much more time than necessary in completing his assignments. Which unfortunately often meant that he had to work overtime, and get nagged at by his father. And most importantly, lesser time spent with you. 

For an entire week, he was on full alert, and it was finally Friday, without anything out of the norms happening. 

Finally, he was free from work, and could go back to where you were waiting for him. Home. 

Grinning, he opened the door before sneaking in to find the living room empty. Is she asleep already? He placed his bag down before making his way to the room silently, hoping to surprise you. 

But he was the one surprised instead. 

 

 

'Hyewon,' 

'Oh! Oppa you're back!' You smiled when you turned back to find him staring back at you with his eyes wide open. 

So she's not caring if she's going around like this anymore? At all? 'What are you doing?' 

'I can't choose between a loose shirt or pajamas.' You pouted as you pointed at your clothes, forgetting that you only had a towel wrapped around you, and not noticing how it placed your husband on the edge. 

'You could have wore my robe out first.' 

'But it's easier this way...' Putting on a robe just to get your clothes was too much of a trouble for you. Especially when you were used to a towel when you had your room attached to the bathroom previously. 

'You know, me not saying anything about it all these while,' Those eyes again. Is she doing this to me on purpose?! 'Doesn't mean that you can keep doing this to me.' 

And that was when you realized. 'I-I don't know what you're talking about.' 

'Then why are you blushing?' He took a step closer, and you took a step back, only to find your back meeting the door of the closet. 

'I-I'm not.' Your eyes were darting everywhere, from his ed dress shirt, to his loosened tie, to his eyes, to his lips. 

'Tomorrow's a Saturday.' You looked at him as he came closer to you as he leaned in, his arm winding around your waist, with the towel being the only thing covering you. 

'Tomorrow's a Saturday.' You repeated, your head lowering as you felt his breathe dangerously close to your neck. 

'That means we don't have to wake up early.' He could see that your eyes were staring at his lips as your hands remained by your side, not pushing him away. 

You blinked as you looked back up into his eyes, to see him staring back at you. And with a shake of his head, he stepped away from you. 

'Oh my god, Im Jaebum. What have gotten into you! Stop it.' You flinched when his voice raised as he ran a hand through his hair. 'I'm sorry for stepping over, I-I'll go out for a while.'

You suddenly felt at loss as he headed towards the door, his back facing you the entire time as he scolded himself. 

'Don't.' And without thinking, you grabbed onto his hand. 'Jaebum oppa. Don't go.'

He looked at you as your hand tightened its grip on his, your eyes glancing straight at him. And when you didn't say anything, but tugged onto his hand, he couldn't get himself to turn away anymore. 

'Hyewon-ah.' Don't. I don't know what I'll do if you don't stop me now. 

'Oppa said that tomorrow's a Saturday.' 

And with that, his arms found their way around you again. 'Are you sure you're okay with this?'

He leaned into you, resting your forehead on yours as he steered you towards the bed not breaking eye contact at all. And you soon felt the soft material of the comforter below you. 

'I'll stop if you-'

His eyes widened again when he was interrupted by your finger on his lips. 'I'm really fine. Oppa stop saying that.' You grinning back at him as you laid beneath him weren't helping at all. 'Jaebum oppaaa~'

'You really make me at a lost for words.' 

And your giggles were cut off by his lips gently tugging onto yours. 

 


 

He could never get tired of waking up to find you sleeping soundly as you cuddled closely to him, smiling as his hand was gently running through your hair, taking note not to wake you up. 

And the scenes of the previous night came back to his mind, your soft whimpers, the way you looked at him, the way his name came out of your lips. 

He didn't regret it at all. 

 

 

You blinked as you slowly opened your eyes, to find him looking at you lovingly like every other morning of yours. Just that this was a tad bit different. 

'Did you sleep well?' 

Your cheeks flushed again, and he chuckled as you nodded. 

'Does it hurt though?' 

You blinked for a moment, before shaking your head. 

'You sure?' 

You smiled when you saw him looking at you worriedly, his hand caressing your cheek. 'Really.'

You shifted slightly, and felt your legs tangled together, which caused your temperature to rise again as your close proximity brought back last night's memories. 

And you quickly dug your head into his bare chest, taking him aback for that brief moment, as you snapped your eyes shut, which was probably a bad idea. 

'Aigoo, my Hyewonie is going to be blushing for the entire day today isn't she?' 

'N-No!' 

'You liked it didn't you?'

'O-Oppa!' He was soon chuckling again as you started smacking his arm, still not looking up at him.

'Okay, okay. Shh.'

But the silence didn't stay for long.

'By the way.'

'W-What!' You were mentally dying of embarrassment as you thought that he was going to continue to tease you, but you couldn't possibly stay at where you were for the rest of the day like that. 

'We need to get up soon. There's a ball tonight, remember? You have to go get your hair and make up done.'

'I don't need a whole day for make up and hair.'

'It's not a whole day. It's already past noon. And this time I'm not kidding.' 

R-really? Oh my-

'There's going to be a lot of people there.'

'A lot? Important people?'

'Mhmm. Dad's acquaintances and the higher ups from other companies I guess. The kids are going to be there too so you don't have to worry too much.' You nodded silently as you listened. 'Though I'm pretty sure I'm already more than enough for you.'

He didn't have to look at you to know that your cheeks were pink again as you kicked him, while his hand continued to twirled around your hair. 

'Oh. And. Don't drink anything that anyone hands you. It wouldn't be a problem if I'm there with you, but for whatever circumstances that I had to leave you for even a mere second, don't drink anything.' 

'Yes, sir.'

'I'm not kidding young lady. There's going to be tons of alcoholic drinks everywhere.'

'Mmhmm.' 

'Yah.'

'Understooded.' You peeked up at him to find him looking at you seriously. 'Oppa, I know myself well. I wouldn't drink it.'

'You'd better.'

You pouted as he sounded extremely strict with you, and you still have yet to get over the teasing before that, and those to come during the rest of the day. 

'Oppa.'

'Hmm?'

'Stop teasing me when your own heartbeat sounds like your heart is going to jump out of your chest.' And you internally cheered when you felt his hands freeze slightly, as it was his turn to deny. 

 

 

 

 

'Hyewon!!' 

'Noona!!'

'They don't even glance at me anymore.' You laughed at Jaebum's comment as the boys crowded around you. 

'Whoa, noona is as pretty as usual!!' The usual three were squealing as the person next to you frowned.

'Did you just ignore me.'

'Of course we'll pay more attention to Hyewon! We've had enough of you Jaebum hyung.' 

'Noona! Did you know that Mark hyung cheated us? He didn't let us know and sent you off by himself!!'

'We went to get some food and came back and you were already gone!!'

'Guys, you're destroying my wife's ears.'

'Was it fun? The honeymoon?'

'We haven't seen you for weeks!!'

'Did anything interesting happen?' And with that, you found yourself getting shipped away by the three males as they led you to where the food was. 

 

'Help me look out for her. I'm scared that Jackson will make her drink when I'm not paying attention again.' Jaebum asked as he watched you laughing at how the boys were behaving. 

'Youngjae's with them, should be fine.'

'They're excitement will probably die down soon right? Before the guests arrive, since it's a formal event afterall.' 

'They'll be aware enough to keep quiet, but I'm not too sure about the excitement part. Looks like you can't even get close to your wife anymore with them around.'

'It's okay. At least she looks like she's enjoying their company. And I know who she's with.'

'Are things okay with the both of you?' Mark saw a slight change in Jaebum's expression.

'We're okay. But Jinyoung's up to something. Is he coming?'

'Probably. Have you not tell her yet?'

'I can't bring myself to do it.'

'No matter what, you have to do it soon.'

 

 

Jaebum kept his promise, staying right next to you when the crowd increased, and made sure that you were never alone. Even if he had to greet other people, he would either bring you along, or made sure that one of the boys were with you. 

And you were doing a good job at avoiding alcohol. Even better than what you had expected. 

But when Jackson had to excuse himself to go to the washroom for a moment, you found yourself waiting for him outside at a balcony close by to get some fresh air. 

The door clicked.

'That was fast-' 

But when you turned around, you found a girl that you don't recognize, standing before you instead. 

'You ar-'

'So you're the one who's sticking around Bumie these days?'

 


 

[A/N] I wanted to update this soon so this is kind of shorter than the rest ><

And I don't even know what I wrote in this hahahaha omg. I'm so sorry 'cos I'm bad at details and stuff so this could have been longer and more interesting but I probably made it super bland. 

Hope that it's still bearable though!

And the dreaded disclaimer is back: I'm not too sure when the next update will be for the following chapters, since I'll start getting busy when lessons resume tomorrow. (I'm kind of expecting to be called in to clock 300 hours into the library for additional remedials so yeah)

As usual, thank you so much for the subscribes and comments! (and for those who brought themselves out of being silent readers hehe <3)

Thank you!

<3

p.s. I saw GOT7 in real life omg. (like two weeks ago) (actually it's more of Jinyoung, Youngjae, Jaebum and Jackson, then a slight bit of Bambam and Yugyeom, and I was only tall enough to catch a glimpse of Mark's hair cos of the amount of people in front of me) (at the public press con) (i couldn't afford their concert ticket hahaha emg)