Chapter 26

Peach

'Don't worry, it's just temporary.' 

You felt like grabbing the doctor by the collar whenever he said 'don't worry.' 

How can I not worry? Do you really think that everything's okay? 

'How long would it take? Since it's temporary?' Yugyeom asked as everyone else looked at the doctor expectantly. 

But you already knew what he was going to say. 

You were lucky that Jaebum woke up within a week, and not months, or even years like the doctor said could have happened. 

However, you weren't sure if you have enough good karma for him to remember you soon enough, or ever, even. 

 

 

 

'Married?' Jaebum asked, while the kids surrounded him. 

But you kept your distance, standing further away from the bed, afraid of what was about to come. 

'Hah. Who do you think I am huh? To fall for such a childish prank?' 

Horror. 

They knew immediately that Jaebum wasn't faking it. No matter how extreme he would get, it was too much. He would never hurt you like this with his words if he knew what he was saying. 

'I'm pretty sure you guys are trying to make a fool out of me but no, it's not working.' 

You couldn't bear to look at his expression as he said those words, and soon felt yourself getting tugged out of the room gently.

'Don't take it to heart. Hyung isn't doing it on purpose. You have to keep calm, okay?' Youngjae looked at you worriedly as he held you by your shoulders. 'Hyewon?' 

 

 

 

'That Jinyoung though, why did he agree to lending his friend to you guys for this stupid prank.' 

'Jaebum, you better stop it with the 'prank'. I understand that you don't remember, but don't say such things.' Mark stated, and the rest nodded in agreement. 

'Yeah hyung, your body clock is two months behind. And you don't know what happened within that two months, so stop being mean.' 

'So you're saying that I actually got married to someone that I don't know, within two months?' 

'That's how much you love her.' 

'At least, be nice to noona. You don't know how worried she was.' 

'She cried an ocean and even fainted.' 

Jaebum didn't understand what was happening. He didn't know what was so wrong with the things he said, that his friends were all frowning at him the moment he woke up. 

 

 

 

'He'll remember soon, right?' You asked softly, still hoping that everything was just a dream.

You were ecstated when you felt his hand holding onto yours slightly when he woke up. But the moment those words left his mouth, you felt the world crashing down on you. 

'Of course.' 

'How long will he take though?' 

'Mm, a week, or two?'

'What if he takes even longer?' 

'I have faith in hyung. And look on the bright side, I can't wait to see hyung fall for you all over again.' Youngjae chuckled slightly, hoping that he would be able to lighten the mood even the slightest. 

'What if-' 

'He will. I know you can do it. If hyung could fall head over heels for you previously, I'm pretty sure the second time will be a piece of cake.' 

You took a while before you finally nodded, forcing a smile back at him. 

'Now, remember to stay calm okay? Think of the cute little baby.' 

But he doesn't even remember me now, when can I ever tell him about our baby? 

 

Just when you were about to head in, you bumped into Mark and Jackson who were on their way out. 

'I need to go get Jinyoung.' 

Youngie oppa?

'It's time to get him back. And Jinyoung wouldn't let Jaebum say those ridiculous things he is sprouting right now.' 

'Do you know where hyung is?'

'I think so. Are you able to look after them though?' Mark asked worriedly as he looked at Youngjae. There was Jaebum to look after, you to make sure you're alright, and not to forget, the rest of the boys.

'Come on, I wouldn't do anything dumb now. Jaebum hyung's the one being dumb.' Jackson intercepted. 'I can help with Youngjae with the looking after.'

'Okay, I'll be quick.' Mark patted your shoulder, smiling slightly before leaving. 'Hyewon, it'll be alright soon.' 

 

 

 

'Hyewon, do you remember hyung screaming at me to get away from you? He didn't even let me hang out with you.' 

Jaebum was getting tired of how the guys were stealing his oxygen from him, and not including him in their conversations just because he couldn't remember who 'Hyewon' was.

'I'm pretty sure I'm not that possessive.' 

'Sure hyung. What about the not calling me and Mark hyung oppa?' Jackson asked again once he succeeded in getting Jaebum's reaction. 

'Then what was she supposed to call you?'

'I would like to ask you the same thing hyung. You even suggested for her to name us after our hair colours or something.'

With that, you finally smiled, recalling how cute it was when Jaebum was jealous. 

'I wouldn't have done that.' 

'Yes you did. We were all there.' Bambam added.

'You wanted to kill me when I called noona by her name. Even though we're of the same age.' 

Whatever the boys were saying about him, sounded ridiculous. And he believed that he never would have done that. However, he could tell how geniunely relieved you were, when you were the first person he woke up to. And how your expression changed when he asked that one question right after. 

 

 

 

 

Knowing him well enough, Mark knew that he wouldn't have gone far, or anywhere, even.

And the room was in the exact same state as you left it a week ago, with Jinyoung as pale as death on the couch, surrounded by takeout boxes and alcohol bottles.

Look at what he've done. To himself, and to the people around him. That Jaebum too. The both of them. 

'Did you not hear that Jaebum got into an accident?' Mark cut to the chase, but it did not instill any form of response from the male who was clearly listening. 

'Do you not know what you've done?'

'I heard that he woke up already.' Jinyoung mumbled half-heartedly as he stood up, wanting to walk past Mark but getting held in place instead. 

'That's it? That's all you've got to say?'

'What else is there to say? Jaebum hyung woke up. Won is with him. And they get to live happily ever after without me bothering them anymore.'

'Why didn't you pick up when Hyewon called you?'

'There's no point-'

Smack-

Mark glared at the younger one as he gritted his teeth, his fists clenched. 'She called you. She freaking called you countless of times even after all the you've did. And now what? There's no point?'

That was when his tears started flowing. He knew he was in the wrong. And with that punch from Mark. He knew he has been hiding away too long, for even Mark to lose his temper. 

'It's too late. I've hurt them too much to do anything else. Why would Hyewon even call me back? I bet it's to scream at me for getting hyung into the accident. She'll be happier if I didn't appear anymore.'

'Happier? She's going through enough with Jaebum right now, and you disappearing is definitely not making her happier. And shouldn't you know her well enough? She's waiting for an explanation. Not a disappearance.'  

'Why?' Jinyoung froze as he finally looked up, instead of staring at the ground. 'Did something else happen to Jaebum hyung?'

'Jaebum lost his memories.'

'You've got to be kidding me.' Jinyoung coughed out as he scrambled up from the ground, grabbing onto Mark. 'All?'

'He remembers everything up till two months ago. He thought he got into an accident when he was driving to your place, right after getting off the plane.'

'The plane, as in the day he got back?'

'Yes. He asked for you once he woke up, even though Hyewon was the first one he saw. But that's not the worst part.' Jinyoung waited as he held his breathe unconsciously. 'He asked who Hyewon was. 'Aren't you Jinyoung's friend?', he added afterwards.'

'Then what happened? How is Won right now?'

'Not good. Jaebum thinks that it's all a joke. And he's saying everything right in front of Hyewon's face.' 

'That hyung-' Jinyoung muttered as he pushed past Mark, but didn't get far once again. 

'Where are you going right now?'

'To get his memories back.'

'You look horrible. At least clean yourself up. We'll head there first thing in the morning tomorrow.' 

 


 

'Jinyoung-ah!' He felt guilty the moment he heard Jaebum calling out to him. He couldn't even remember when was the last time he greeted him this cheerfully. Probably before he started acting like a jerk to his best friends.  

'I'm sorry that I came late hyung. Are you feeling better?'

'Much better after seeing you. But are you okay? You look very tired. I heard that you had some things happening back with your family.'

'Yeah, that was settled. Where's the rest?'

'Some of the boys went back first last night. Youngjae and the girl went out for a while I guess.'

The girl. Hyung is calling Won that?

'Oh, talking about her. You can get the boys to stop acting already. And your friend.' 

'Acting?'

'They keep saying that we're married. Which is impossible, seeing that I only lost two months of my memories.'

'Is that what you've been telling her?'

'Yeah? Like isn't that the truth- Wait, why is it that all of your tone changes when I talk about that? Even you?'

'Do you even know how much I made Hyewon go through because of hyung?' Jinyoung spat, if he already felt hurt for you, he didn't even want to imagine how much worser has it been for you to be on the receiving end. 

'Dude, don't talk to me like that-'

'I am not going to be the only one patching things up when it's your fault too. I don't care if you're having amnesia or not. If you continue being a jerk, I will punch you.' 

'I am not faking amnesia.' 

'And neither are we faking the fact that the both of you are married. So why can't we trust each other on that?'

'Jinyoung, I think you better stop for now. I have absolutely no idea what on earth you are talking about.'  

'If I had known this would happen, I would have stopped the wedding at all costs.'

'Get out.'

'No I am not-'

'Not you. The girl.' And that was when Jinyoung noticed you standing by the door with Youngjae closely behind you.

'I-I'm sorry-'

'No, Won you stay here.' You froze when Jinyoung pulled you into the room, and he turned to Youngjae. 'Youngjae do you mind leaving us alone?'

With that, Jinyoung turned back to Jaebum. 

'Hyung, if you're going to forget everything, why did you even make things bad for the three of us. It would be fine as long as you stepped back when I said that I like her.' 

He likes me? Jinyoung oppa?

'You're saying that I stole her from you?' 

'You can put it that way. I told you that I like her. That I wanted you to call off the wedding. But you said no.'

'That doesn't even make sense.'

'It was arranged. I thought you would have been willing to call off the marriage that was only on paper. Who knew that you could have fallen for her so soon? To think that I took years to realize that I actually like her more than a friend.' 

You could feel Jinyoung's grip on your wrist tightening as you looked between the two males. Both flushed with anger for different reasons. One in frustration, another in confusion. 

'Then our relationship went downhill from the bet. The bet that I made you start. And the bet that caused the accident that you were in.' 

That was when Jinyoung finally turned to you, addressing you more than Jaebum with his next sentence. 'I knew I was pushing hyung with my behaviour. And I knew he was going to agree to the bet. The bet that, the one she kisses first, will get her, regardless of the arranged marriage.'

'She didn't hear the other side of the story. She thought it was purely you. And that you lied to her. So she ran out when you were on the way here. That was when it happened.' 

'The car accident too?' You managed to get those few words out, not removing your eyes from Jinyoung.

'No. The phone call was the end. I didn't know  that the accident would happen.' And he turned back to Jaebum. 'I don't care if you're going to say that you don't believe me. I'm stating the truth and that is what that matters. Now that I've finally decided to let go of Won. You better get a grip as soon as possible.' 

 

 

 

'I'm really sorry. For doing all that to you. I was the one who was a jerk, not Jaebum hyung.' 

'I didn't know that you...'

'Liked you?' He chuckled lightheartedly. 'I didn't know my feelings for you either. Until I found out that you were getting married.' 

'I made you hate Jaebum-'

'I don't hate him- Okay, maybe I did. But not anymore, okay?' Jinyoung bent down to look into your eyes as he continued to speak. 'And it's going to be okay between us. I'm pretty sure I can get over you soon. And hyung will do a much better job taking care of you than me. Jaebum hyung truly likes you.

'Did you get into a fight?' You asked, noticing the slightly red patch by his eye. 

'That was Mark hyung.' 

'Mark oppa knew?' 

'Yeah. He was constantly nagging at me to snap out of it the entire time. Well, now he doesn't have to worry anymore.'

'I'm really sorry-'

'You don't have to apologize, Won. I'm the one who caused all these because I wasn't thinking straight. Now I'll help you with getting Jaebum hyung back, okay?'

'But we don't even know if he'll ever remember- Maybe he didn't want to remember me at all.'

'Don't think that way. Jaebum hyung likes you a lot, Won. I am clear of that. Like. He didn't even give in to me. Not even me.' 

You felt a wave of relief rush over you as Jinyoung hugged onto you tightly, thankful that he was back at least.

'Hyewon, I can promise you, hyung will snap out of it soon.' 

 


 

'What do you think you're doing?' Jaebum grabbed onto your hand with his uninjured arm the moment you reached for the buttons of his hospital wear.

'Jaebum oppa. Your shirt.' You tugged slightly on it as he looked back at you with widened eyes. You had barely finished washing his hair for him after much difficulty and persuasion. And you knew that the next step wasn't going to be any easier. 

'I can do it myself.' 

'No you can't.' You firmly stated. 'You're not supposed to move your right arm.' 

'C-Can't I get the kids to help me or something.' 

'They're not in.' 

'We can wait for them to come back.' 

'This isn't that hard. You just have to remove your hand from mine and move your arm slightly and we can get this over and done with.'

'I don't mind waiting for the kids-' 

'Stop being childish. It's not like I haven't seen anything yet.' 

If his ears weren't already red, you immediately saw it turning even redder. 

 

 

 

They were all here- That annoying little girl. 

'Jaebum hyung are you okay? Your face looks red.' You heard Jackson right before you left the room to refill the jar of water. 

'What did you do?' Youngjae asked, beaming happily as he followed you out. 'Hyung looks really red.' 

'Nothing. I just washed his hair for him and asked him to take off his shirt.' 

'And he went red because of that?' 

'I might have indifferently said, it's not like I haven't seen anything.' 

'Right. Nice one.' 

'But he's still wary around me.' 

'But at least this means that he cares right?' 

'Maybe.'

'Hyung will get better soon.' 

'I hope so.' 

 

 

 

'I told you that I'm fine.'

'Okay, sure hyung. If you say so.' Jackson rolled his eyes, though all the other boys have already guessed the reason when they saw the both of you coming out of the washroom with Jaebum in a fresh set of clothes. 

'I have a question.'

'Yes, Jaebum hyung?'

'You all say that she's my wife, but why is Youngjae sticking to her so much?' 

'Youngjae hyung?' Yugyeom repeated, while Mark and Jinyoung exchanged looks. 

'Are you sure he's not stealing my wife or something.' 

'It's okay. That isn't new.' Jackson mumbled. 

'You called him a thief.' 

'Too bad you lost your memories.' 

'You've gotten used to it.' 

'Now you have to start all over again.' 

'Are any of you even on my side?' Jaebum muttered in disbelief. 

'We were never on your side to begin with.' 

'Yeah, why would we be on your side when there's Hyewon noona.' 

'Do you even know how nice she treats us?' 

'Nice? You call that nice?' 

'What? What did noona do to you?'

'All she's doing- She's doing everything!' 

'She's feeding you your meals, making sure you take your medicine on time. Helping you wash up.' 

'Someone who doesn't even remember her.' 

And that successfully kept Jaebum quiet, seeing how every single one of the boys were ganging up against him. Even the two who weren't speaking, looked like they were trying hard to keep their laughter in control. 

The moment you stepped in, you noticed that Jaebum didn't look quite pleased. On the other hand, the boys looked like they struck lottery. 'Noona we got revenge.' 

'What? What did you do to him?' You asked worriedly as you immediately went to Jaebum and scanned him up and down.

And everyone noticed how his ears got red again. 

'We made him feel guilty.' 

'I didn't know hyung would fall for noona again that soon.' 

'It took what, four days?' 

 

 

 

You silently watched Jaebum as he slept, when everyone has left. 

I've pushed him away too many times. Maybe it's his turn now. 

Right when you stood up, you felt something warm wrapping around your hand, and turned around to see him looking at you. 

'Where are you going?'

'Stretch.' You said simply as you stretched your arm muscles slightly before sitting back down. 'Do you need water?' 

'I don't know why, but I don't feel too good whenever Youngjae follows you around.' You looked back at him wordlessly. 'I mean, you're an adult aren't you? Why do you need someone to follow you around all day?' 

'Are you jealous?' 

'No?' You raised your eyebrow at him. 'Maybe.' 

For one, he has never seen Jinyoung that angry before. And by how the others were treating him, he knew it was his fault, whatever the case.

And when he looked through his phone, especially the camera roll. It was flooded with images of the both of you. And he could tell that the both of you looked truly happy in the photos. 

'I'm sorry. For not remembering you.' 

'Don't be. Maybe oppa really wanted to forget about me. You went through a lot because of me too.' 

Like what Jinyoung said yesterday? But I don't think I want to forget about you, seeing the photos we have together. 

'But I like you, Jaebum oppa. And I'm not gonna hide again.' 

You leaned in slowly, before giving a light peck on his lips. 

'I love you.' 

 


 

[A/N] Yay longer chapter!! I didn't know where to cut it for the plot to flow properly so I decided not to. But disclaimer (now that I thought about it): the next chapter might be shorter due to this longer chapter too! 

On a side note, I think this is gonna end pretty soon (and I can finally focus more on my other fics), so do get yourselves mentally prepared ahahaha. 

As usual, thank you so much for all the subscribes and comments! (Hope that you don't feel like killing me that much by the end of this chapter xD)

And do remember to join the giveaway!

Thank you!

<3