Chapter 11

Peach

'I don't want to. I don't want to postpone the wedding.' Jaebum mumbled as he looked away from you, gripping onto the steering wheel, hard. The mood in the car was already unpleasant, when he have yet to even start driving. 

His actions from two nights before kept flashing in your mind, no matter how hard you tried to forget about it. The words he said, the way his eyes flashed with anger. You knew that he was drunk, but you just can't help but to think about it. Especially when his tone and gaze currently was getting close to that of that night. 

Jaebum squeezed his eyes shut as he breathed deeply, when there was no form of response from beside him. You have to calm down. Don't just assume things and lose it. Especially not at her. 

'I'm sorry.' His voice shook slightly, and he turned to see you grasping onto your hands as you looked out of the window. 'I'm sorry, Hyewon-ah.' He repeated, in case you didn't hear him.

'I-I want to go home.'

'Are you-' Jaebum immediately grabbed you by your shoulders, turning you to face him, but he immediately stopped when he felt you flinch at his touch. But the flinching did not bother him that much, as compared to the look in your eyes. 'Are you feeling unwell?' 

'I'm fine.' You quickly darted your eyes away as his was starting to bore into yours, and pushed his hands off your shoulders. 

'I'll accompany you-'

'J-Just, leave me alone.' You muttered softly and immediately got off the car, rushing back into your house. 

I did yell at her again. I did. That's why she looks hurt. You idiot Im Jaebum. 

Do I go in? But will it make her mad? Or should I really just leave her alone?

 

 

You were utterly confused too. 

Why doesn't he want to postpone it if he has someone that he likes? And why is he- why does he always soften up right after getting angry? He shouldn't even bother about me- why is he making me feel this way? Why am I even disturbed that he has someone else? I shouldn't even have feelings for him- 

Why would he even kiss me then! ... But- He doesn't even remember, right Hyewon? Maybe it really was the medicine. Maybe he thought you were someone else instead. That's why. 

You were getting increasingly frustrated as you stayed in your room. All your friends were at work, and it wasn't as though it was a suitable topic to discuss with your grandmother either. And being cooped up in the room, with absolutely nothing to do, just resulted in your mind to wander off to the thing that you least wanted to think about. 

Does Jackson's offer to hang out still stand? ... It's probably a bad idea if he finds out that I'm out having fun with his friends when I ditched him right? ... Why am I even bothering about how he would feel! 

 

 

 

'Am I disturbing you from anything?' You asked as he sat down opposite you in the cafe. 

'Of course not, noona. I was alone at home. I was starting to get bored anyways.' He beamed at you, making you smile slightly too. 

'Feel free to order anything. It's my treat.' You handed him the menu, but he glanced at you, without looking at it. 

'There's something bothering noona right? That's why you called me out.'

'Yeah.' You pursed your lips as you looked back at him. 'But first things first. When yours birthdate?'

'September 17, 1996. Why?' 

'Yah! I'm only a few months older than you, yet you kept 'noona noona noona'-ing me!' You suddenly exclaimed, which took him aback. 'I knew you looked like my age. Yet you make me sound so old!' 

'I really didn't know no-' You glared at him jokingly. 'I thought you were older than me by a year or maybe you're an early '96 born.' 

'Well now you know.' You said as you pointed a spoon at his face. No wonder it felt comfortable with him. 'And stop with the noona-ing.' 

'So we're friends?' 

'Yeap.' You grinned. 'But. I'm still a few months older than you okay. So. Watch it.' And you laughed. 

'So what do I call you?' 

'Anything you like!' You saw his lips move and you knew what he was going to say again. 'But NOT noona.' 

'Okay. Hyewon?' You nodded. 'Well, that's more comfortable for me too. So, noo- I mean, Hyewonie, I'm pretty sure you didn't call me out just to settle the 'noona' thing.' 

And when you were reminded of that, your mood sank again. Which he realized. 

'Is it Jaebum hyung?' 

'Do you want to order some food first?' 

'Did hyung do something?' 

'No he didn't. ... But does he lose his temper often?'

'Uh-' 

'I'm okay if you tell me the truth.' 

'It used to be quite uncontrollable, but it seemed better now.' 

'Does he get into fights?' 

You could see the shocked look on Youngjae's face as he stilled for a moment. How did she know that? Hyung didn't actually- Did he? 

'When he drinks, yes, and...' 

'And?' 

'He might smash things.' 

'Might.' 

'He smashes things.'

'Right.' Hyung got himself into deep this time. She doesn't look pleased. You kept silent for a moment before asking again. 'Youngjae-ah, do you know if he has anyone that he likes?' 

'Huh?' 

'Like maybe when he was overseas studying, or maybe even before he went overseas?'

'Why would you ask that?' 

'Did he?' 

'None that I know of...' I thought she's the one that hyung likes? Or did I get it wrong? 'Did hyung say something?' 

'No he didn't... You sure?' 

'Yeah?' 

'How do you get him to calm down then? If he loses his temper.' You found yourself asking unknowingly.

'We don't.' While Youngjae was trying to keep up with the shift of topics all of a sudden. 'We never managed to. It just worsens the situation, so we began to leave him alone until it subsides by itself.' 

'That's not right. What if he does something to himself?'

'It didn't happen.' 

'But you'd never know!' 

'Wait, why are you here interrogating me.' 

'Don't change the subject.' 

'Does Jaebum hyung know?' You pursed your lips as you glared at Youngjae. 'That you're asking me about him?' 

'Don't tell him.' 

'Because you don't want him to find out that you like him?' W-What? 

'H-Hey-' 

'See. You do like hyung.' 

'No I don't.' 

'Okay.' 

'Youngjae-ah, I don't. Really.' 

'And I said okay.' 

And that was it until the both of you finished eating, with a few of Jaebum's hobbies, likes and dislikes thrown in randomly by Youngjae know and then without you even asking him of anything. 

 

 

 

'Friend, do you want to go for a round of ice cream?' You rolled your eyes when he emphasized on the word 'friend, he asked, the moment you stepped out of the cafe.  

'Sure.' 

'You have something else that you want to ask me, right?' How does he even know that quickly? 

'Don't you have work?' 

'Yeah.' 

'Jaebum, Mark and Jinyoung hyung are the ones who actually does it, Jackson hyung, Bambam and Gyeom spend most of their time playing so they only go in when necessary. I don't have to go that often since I have an elder brother who will be inheriting the company.' 

'Oh.' 

'Aren't you touched that your husband is a hardworking man?' You quickened your steps as you quickly went ahead of him. Shouldn't have asked him out in the first place. What was I thinking that made me feel that he was the best choice amongst the rest?! 

'He's not my husband.'

'Yet.' Note to self: Not to hang out with Youngjae. 

 

However, you honestly did enjoy yourself with him. He kept smiling, and fooling around, teasing you about random things. And most importantly, telling you more about Jaebum. 

You were almost home until Youngjae asked you something which you did not expect at all. 

'Noona, are you going to confess soon?' 

'Confess?' 

'To Jaebum hyung.' 

'W-Why would I.' 

'Just asking.' 

'See you.' You mumbled, hurriedly waving him off before turning away. 

'Hyewonie, don't take too long!' He's just sprouting nonsense, don't listen. 'Hyung sometimes does things without thinking, so do forgive him!'  

 


 

The next morning, you were finally getting proper sleep, until your phone's ringtone started blaring right next to you. 

'What. Do. You. Want.' You groaned into the phone without even glancing at the Caller ID. Not noticing that your phone was already spammed with countless of messages.  

'Why are you on the newspaper?' 

'What?'

'Newspaper. You're on it. There's like. Two huge images.'

'Ri-ah. Can you make some sense.'

'I don't want to spoil it for you. But well, I honestly feel that you should quickly check the paper.' Someone tell me I'm dreaming, please. 'WAKE UP. I'M FREAKING SERIOUS.'

'Okay. Okay.' You mumbled, still in your bed, and not convinced. 

'GET OUT OF YOUR BED.'

'Yes m'am.' You said clearly, as you finally figured that Nari wouldn't be tricking you early in the morning. Even is she was, she wouldn't be screaming into the phone, seeing that she's at work. 

You quickly rushed down the stairs, shouting, 'Mom! Has the newspaper came yet???'

'Yeah it's on the table. It just came, I haven't got the chance-' Before she could even finish her sentence, you disappeared with the newspaper back into your room. 'to read it. These kids should really learn some manners.' 

 

 

You froze when you stopped on the page that Nari was referring to. There was indeed two pictures. And Nari wasn't even exaggerating when she said that it was huge. The entire article was nearly half a page. 

Im Jaebum's, son of CEO Im, fiancée spotted with...  

She was seen yesterday with a male, expected to be one of Im Jaebum's friends, on a date...

And right next to it, was a photo taken of the both of you laughing. It was when you had your ice creams, and he accidentally dripped it onto his shirt. And it was actually the only time with him that you laughed so happily. 

What on earth??

But right below it, there was more. 

Yet, the previous night, this photo was taken at *** Bar, with Jaebum found bruised, wounds visible on his face and arms. It is safe to assume that he got into a fight...

. This- Oh my god. How did this even happen. I can't- Oh no. The company. It's not going to be pleasant when our parents find out. But- Nobody even knows that we're engaged yet, other than those who recieved the invitations. And they were only sent to close friends and relatives. It shouldn't even be known until the wedding! Didn't our parents say that it'll only be announced to the press then? Then how did anyone even know?  

What date? This thing isn't even freaking true!

No. Jaebum oppa- What if he gets the wrong idea? Do I call him? What do I say? He knows it isn't true. Right?  

 

'I'm sorry.' Was the first thing you said when the call was answered. Which also was the two words which he did not want to hear at that moment, and made him actually believed the words on print before him even more. 'I'm really sorry. It wasn't like what it was said-'

'So you left me yesterday, to meet Youngjae?' You felt a chill went down your spine when he spoke. 

'J-Jaebum oppa it isn't what you think-'

'Don't call me that only at a time like this. You asked me to leave you alone. I thought you were feeling unwell, and then what? You go out with Youngjae? Not someone I don't know, but Youngjae?' 

 


 

[A/N] I'm really sorry for the chapter which is shorter than usual >< 

Thank you for the comments and subscribes and also upvote!!! 100+ subscribers!!! :DDD

Hope that this chapter was fine, since I kind of took lesser time than usual to write this up cos I wanted to update this soon. xD

Do comment and subscribe!!

Thank you!

<3