Chapter 33

Immortal

Chapter 33

Day 48, Late Night

*

Leo detached his lips away from yours. You stare blankly at his broad chest before Leo gently tilted your head back to look at him again. Staring deeply into each other's eyes, a story begins to unfold before you. He didn't have to say anything for his eyes told you everything. He owned you now and you belonged to him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo looked up from his writing, his ears perked up as he picked up the sound of the running footsteps that got closer and closer to him. Drawing out his fangs Leo faced the door ready to receive his guest. The doors bursts open revealing a panting V.

"Sunbae, I'm sorry for barging in on you like this. I happened to overhear a rather disturbing piece of information and I figured that you'd be the best person to go to." V  blurted out bowing respectfully.

A sick feeling hit Leo's stomach as he somewhat already knew what was coming. Sinking deeper into his chair he invited V to take a seat on the stool in front of him.

"Tell me" Leo ordered gravely intertwining his fingers below his chin. 

"Um... I accidentally found out that you had... ownership transaction..." V awkwardly begin.

"It's not a transaction, it's a marriage." Leo interrupted.

"Zhoumi doesn't seem to think so." V countered. 

Leo groaned, he knew that that smart Zhoumi had something up his sleeve when Leo left the room. 

"I also overheard that you will be away for a couple of days." V continued.

Leo groaned even louder leaning back in his chair and rubbing his hands through his hair. 

"I see that you probably already know what will be happening during your period of absence." V concluded.

Leo nodded solemnly. 

"Do you think you can help me protect her while I am gone ?" Leo asked.

"I have been registered under Zhoumi therefore, I do not possess the ability to disobey him" V responded apologetically.

"Dammit..." Leo cursed "Thank You for telling me, I'll have to hatch a plan." 

"Actually," V piped "I may have taken the liberty to invite someone who might be of help."

The door behind V creaked open and a black cloaked figure stepped into the room. 

Leo's eyes widened in disbelief. 

"You expect me to trust her to someone like him ?!" Leo demanded. 

"She will have the best protection with him around. You are familiar with his abilities." V posted.

Leo hissed in frustration running his hands through his hair again. Taking a long look at the black cloaked boy, Leo marched past V and grabbed the boy by his collar. 

"Listen, you will do this only for her safety. She belongs to me and so you are not to overstep your boundaries. That is an order. Do you understand me ?" Leo growled.

The boy nodded silently.

"You will swear obedience to me, do you understand ?" Leo continued. 

The two boy nodded again.

Leo released his grip on the boy's collar and stepped backwards unsteadily.

"What is your condition ?" Leo questioned cautiously.

For the first time since he entered the room, the boy parted his lips to speak. As soon as he had finished, another similarly dressed man appeared in the room.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. I must be crazy." Leo laughed weakly.

*

A sharp knock on the door pulled your attention away from the water sprites that Leo left behind for you to play with. Sadly watching your toys disintegrate into a puddle on the floor you got up to answer the door. Leo walked in briskly shutting the door behind him. You smiled winded your arms around his waist to greeted him. Leo looked down and smiled back fondly. Placing a kiss on your forehead he gently held your pale, thin wrist up and placed a kiss on its underside.

A light begin to circle on both you and Leo's skin, crafting a glowing pattern underneath it. It was a seal. You gazed at it intently then looked back up at your husband.

“This seal you’re marking me with,” you say slowly, “it’s not a seal to handicap Angels.”

“It’s not” Leo confirms.

“It’s not even a seal to capture and trap Angels.”

Leo doesn’t answer as he focuses on the light, twisting and turning into a complicated intricate pattern.

“It looks like a...”

“It’s a set of twin runes. For me and you.” He takes a deep breath, “I don’t want a pet. I don’t need other vampires. I don’t want a seal I can put on any other belonging. But I want to call you mine. I want to be yours.”

In the eerie silence of the room, Leo’s heart breaks with every beat, waiting to hear your answer. He knows you can hear it, how violently his heart is pounding. You splay your hand on Leo’s chest, curling your fingers above Leo’s heart. You whisper something under your breath as Leo strains to hear you.

“What did you say?”

“I said yes.”

With your consent, the seal's pattern was complete. A dull glow radiated from it.

"Then promise me that you will follow every instruction that I give you from here on" Leo ordered. 

You stared long at hard at Leo before bowing your head as a sign of agreement. 

"You shall from here on not make any emotion based contact with other Angels unless your safety is at risk" Leo stated his first order.

It was a tall order for you, however, the rune on your wrist ensured your safety. Not to mention the fact that you were now married to Leo, vampire or not, your pride would never allow you to breed any distrust in the vow between you and him. 

"You are most definitely forbidden from harbouring romantic emotions towards anyone but me. Is that understood." Leo continued.

You nodded your head indignantly. That was a given. 

As soon as you gave your word, the rune on the both of your wrists begun to emit a bright white glow.

"Good. I now feel confident to allow this." Leo sighed in relief.

"Allow what ?" You ask.

The door of your bedroom opened and a whip of black rushed in, it's weight hitting you with its speed. You squeezed Leo's hand tighter with fear. Then you realised, the being wasn't hurting you, in fact... it almost felt like... a hug ? The man let out a sob as pulled you closer into his embrace. 

You flashed Leo a confused look to which Leo promptly responded to by grabbing the man's collar and yanking him away from you.

"No touching." Leo interrupted. 

The man's hood slipped off his head revealing his face for the first time. 

"Jinyoung..." You whispered.

Your arms ached to hug him but your seal forbid them to do so for you had sworn by it not to. 

Leo wrapped his arm around your shoulder protectively, eyeing Jinyoung menacingly. You watched Jinyoung's eyes trial down your arm to your wrists where Leo's sign of ownership over you glowed brightly. 

"Oh." Was the only word that left his lips. 

Staring at you for a while, Jinyoung approached you and placed a hand against your cheek. 

"Does it hurt ?" Jinyoung asked. 

"No, it's very gentle and I have become quite fond of it." You replied. 

Jinyoung's eyes softened and nodded his head. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered. 

Leo slapped his hand away from you.

"Your time is up." Leo informed coldly. 

Jinyoung forced a smile as he faded into the darkness. 

"I'll be back" He said before disappearing completely.

*

a/n: My life...