Chapter 29

Immortal

Chapter 29

Day 11, Early Morning

*

You looked up at his face. As much as you hated the situation you were in, you couldn’t help but admit that he was probably right. Sighing in defeat you sat back down on the bed and allowed Leo to re-insert the IV tube. 

"What did you take me along for anyway ?" You asked.

"You wouldn't let go of the damn kid, that's what." Leo responded.

"Then why keep me around now that I let go of the "damn kid"." You muttered.

"Food." Was the reply you got.

You stared at Leo squarely in the face.

"Ew." 

"You asked."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anyway, now that you're awake and all I think I'll tell you the rules around here." Leo sighed throwing himself at the edge of the bed.

You raise an eyebrow in hope that it will make you look more brave than you actually were. Leo ignored your attitude and continued. 

 "Since I was the one who brought you here, I am now bestowed the great "privilege" of monitoring you and making sure you stay out of trouble." Leo informed sarcastically "You will from here on address me formally and do whatever I say without questions." 

"So I am more or less a hostage who provides free labour." You summarize. 

"Exactly, glad that we share a mutual understanding." Leo finishes giving you a nod.

"Fine... but I want to see Yebin at least twice a week." You state, trying your luck with a bargain. 

Leo stared at you in silence for a few seconds before sighing in defeat.

"Under supervision, I will let you see her once a week for ten minutes and no more." Leo closed.

With that, he pushed himself off the bed and left the room. 

*

Day 14, Late night

*

Dull. Boring. Mundane. The time seemed to pass more slowly than usual as you were left to amuse yourself day after day. Everyday, you only had one goal, one mission, one assignment. To feed your master.

"He wasn't kidding when he said that I was food." You groan out loud. Laying on your bed and stretched out your arms, rubbing it against the smooth texture of the silk bedsheets that spread across the mattress. 

Suddenly the doors to your chambers burst open without warning, a familiar face marched into the room very out of breath.

"What ?" You snapped, not bothering to look at him.  

“He will be returning in ten minutes.” Is the only reply you get from V.

"Don't you ever feel like a terrible being when you stayed in that house with all of us. Eating with us, sleeping with us even though you knew that you would be betraying us from the beginning. How did you even live with yourself ?" You wonder out loud.

"It will be worth it once I am acknowledged by the seniors." V gushed.

You sat up indignantly and looked the boy straight in the eye.

"Acknowledged ? You betrayed all of us without a second thought even though you knew you could die if we were to find out. You successfully brought the target to you seniors. It's been half a week since then and what did you get ? All you got was a letter with two words "Well done." You are nothing to them, what is wrong with you ?!" You berate.

V stared at you with a convicted look for a moment.

"He has arrived." He muttered under his breath before rushing out of the room.

You were livid but rolled off the bed in preparation for your master's arrival nonetheless. No more than ten minutes pass as you slip off the heavy robe from earlier and replace it with a thin sheer white gown, just as the fabric slides in place on your shoulders, the large wooden doors open once again.

This time, a taller man strides in, a confident smile spread across his features. The doors close behind him and a soft clicking of a lock is heard. 

“Aiyo blood-er.” You greet bowing your head slightly out of obligation, before moving back to the plush bed.

“I told you.” He said, the hint of annoyance on his lips weaving it’s way into his voice “Could you PLEASE be more respectful.”

“As I have told you many times, I will address you by your proper title.” You reply this time in a more formal tone.

He took a few long steps towards the bed and threw himself onto the bed in exhaustion. The moon’s light made its way through the large open window. The delicate fabric curtain that covered it fluttered in the wind nonchalantly complimenting the mood that the moon had set.

“How was your trip ?" You asked. You didn't really care about how much progress the enemy made but you were dying of boredom and needed to know about the outside world, even if it was through word of mouth. 

Leo hummed softly, his eyes remained closed.

"Too long.” He shifted his head slightly and laid it on your lap “It would have been far more enjoyable if you came with me.”

You laugh dryly at his comment, after all, it was his fault you were trapped in the tall walls of the stone tower. However in comparison to the tall introverted man you had met at the beginning of the week, you were beginning to learn that Leo required a lot more affection than you thought he would. You gently laid the palm of your hand on the crown of his head, the soft black hair lightly. His fingers danced along your arm happily, in response to you . 

The both of you are interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Leo lifted his head off your lap gloomily and headed towards the door. He opened it, with a noted sigh of irritation, and allowed V to enter.

“Your bath has been prepared, Sir.” V spoke softly with a notable amount of admiration in his tone.

A nod is all he's given and all that is needed to make V's night.

"I'll be right back.” Leo informs and takes a few strides towards the opposite door while fumbling with the thick fabrics clothing his body, he stops at the door before adding “be prepared, I won't be long." 

As you hear the thud of the door closing you allow yourself to fall backwards onto the silky material again.

"You did this to me." You casually notify V in an attempt to guilt him.  

You hear a small choke from the smaller boy followed by a few footsteps and the sound of the door clicking to a close.

It wasn’t long before you saw the door of the bathroom open, a large cloud of steam filled the room slowly forming Leo's tall silhouette within it.

His chest was bare, save a few stray droplets of water which clung to his defined muscles. You were not given the pleasure of enjoying the view as Leo pulled a loose white sweater over it. 

Traces of lavender clung to his skin, the scent made its way around the room as he drew closer, you felt the bed dip from under you as he joined you up on the plush mattress. 

"I see you're hungry..." You comment.

"Starving." He affirmed. 

*

a/n: HOW YA'LL DOING. I got zero comments... I'm a terrible writer TAT Is it going to be that time of the month soon ? Maybe... I usually start getting the Leo feels when I'm reaching that time of the month. :p Merong~