Chapter 31

Immortal

Chapter 31

Day 44, Late Night

*

"You seem to be adapting quite well here, I expected you to be kicking up a fuss and running away as often as possible. You like it here don't you ?" Leo coaxed.

"Nah I just knew that there wouldn't be a point in running away since the security here is crazy. I can still see my kid, she's fine, healthy and soon the rest will come and rescue us. So... I'll just relax while I can." You reasoned.

"Why can't you just join me... It's not like being an angel is more fun or anything." Leo grumbled. 

"I ain't throwing away my heritage like that sorry." You mocked. 

Leo jumped off the countertop staring at you bitterly. 

"Why do you make it so hard for me to like you ? I like you but it's absolutely unorthodox to no thanks to your conservative little mindset." He spat. 

Taking one last look at you, he stormed out of the kitchen.

"What ... even..." You coughed. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tonight's storm is worse than usual..." You thought to yourself as you looked through the bedside window of your room. 

Ever since Leo's outbursts, he has treated you without a single hint of affection. You only saw him during his meal times to which he would promptly leave without a word of thanks. It had been almost a month you came and your rescue was starting to become more and more unlikely. Yebin had been taken away to goodness knows where leaving you utterly alone. The loneliness begin to creep into your heart, you begin to long for the emotion and touch of another being. Laying your head on the cold window seal, your eyes continued to stare out into the woods longingly. 

It was then that you noticed a black hooded figure appear from the woods. He walked hurriedly through the open grass plane and grew closer to the foot of the tower that you were trapped in. Not recognizing the man, You sat up wondering who would be visiting in the dead of the night at this time. It was rare that your little tower had visitors...

"Hey !" You hear a voice shout clearly in your mind.

That voice, telepathy. Your heart leaped for joy for it could only mean one thing.

"Sehun !"  You cried back to your childhood friend. 

You swung open your windows and leaned out. Your heart warmed as your eyes fell upon the distinct features of your best friend. 

"Are you ok ? I'm sorry it took me so long to come..." Sehun's brown eyes stared at you apologetically.

"I'm fine, are you going to get me out of here yet ???"  It took every bit of energy in you to not scream your frustrations out loud. 

"I'm sorry, but not this time. The castle connected to this tower is heavily guarded. I don't even know when I will be able to visit again."  Sehun stumbled over to the tower wall leaning his weight against it. His head hung with sadness and remorse. 

You sighed trying to hide your disappointment. Sehun reached out a hand to you as if to you head like he usually did, in hope that it would give you strength. However, your eyes widened in shocked instead when your gaze came in contact with his shaking, bloodied hand.

"What happened ??? We need to get you treatment, immediately !" 

"I can't stay for that. I was only allowed to come so that I can deliver a message to you. We will try to send someone in to help. There's a possibility that it will not be me since I am still needed on the battlegrounds. So when the time comes for you to escape. I want you to share your telepathy with them and not me."  Sehun instructed.

You nodded your head heavily knowing the consequences of changing your telepathy partner. Once changed, Archangels would never be allowed to have telepathic connection with the same being again. 

The both of you shared a long silence, savoring in the comfort of each others company. Eventually, the time came for Sehun to leave. He looked back at you with one last loving look before disappearing again into the woods.

*

"You want us to protect her ? Dream on dude. We're not interested in being bodyguards for a nobody." A vampire rudely spat out.

"She's anything but a nobody ! She's kind and motherly and..." Leo argued.

"SHE'S FOOD. If you are going to be so possessive over your food, get one of those interns to protect her. They have nothing to do but try to get noticed anyways." Another vampire spat out, cutting Leo off.

The group sneered at Leo before walking off. Leo sighed in defeat, he was going to be sent away on a three-day mission and feared for your safety. 

"Argh... Forget it. What could happen in three days anyways ? She will be fine... right ?" Leo muttered to himself.

Wrong.

*

a/n: AAAAYYYEEE WADDUP ! I'M AM SO DAMN LATE WITH THIS CHAPTER. SARANGHAE. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. sorry... TAT