Chapter 19

Immortal

Chapter 19

Day 2, Early Morning (Around 4 am)

*

"You saw it too didn't you ? We were..." He begins.
 
"We ?" You interrupt.
 
"Didn't you see me ? I saw you though... You were on the bed in front of the table I was chained to. You need to try to recall, we might hold important information." Jeonghan urged. 
 
You furrowed your brows trying to recall but all you could remember was the voice ringing in your head.
 
"Remember little angel we won't stop until we are satisfied." 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Ok, I think you should rest for a bit... your sweating now." Jeonghan quickly stopped you resting a cold hand on your forehead to wipe away your sweat. "Maybe I'll tell you about the part that I remembered and then that might help you remember your part."
 
You agreed, you were actually quite happy that you were able to spend more time with Jeonghan. He was quite interesting in many ways, maybe you were starting to get attracted to the older brother style guys or something. Jeonghan took your hand in his in the hope that it will help him relax. It was quite clammy with sweat and very cold allowing you to remember that he just went through a pretty heart-stopping ordeal and it wasn't easy for him to relate the story to you. You gave his hand a squeeze of assurance which was answered with an angelic smile.
 
"I first saw you on the bed with a couple guys surrounding you so I tried to go and help you but my legs and arms were chained to the legs of the table." He begins. "You started screaming so I started to struggle even more but someone came over and whispered in my ear to be good then I was knocked out....
 
* (Jeonghan's POV) (I'm trying to limit the change of POV so hopefully this will be the only time there is one.) 
 
When I woke up the people were gone so I looked over to see if the angel was ok. 
 
I don't know why I keep calling her the angel, I can't seem to remember her name...
The back of her dressed was ped and revealing a thin back. Her porcelain skin was peppered with bruises and there were two bumps sticking out sorely at her shoulder blades. 
 
The skin at the tip of the bumps begin to tear and it started bleeding, the angel started weeping. I tried really hard to reach her but when I moved a bolt of pain shot through my chest. I massaged my bare chest trying to make the agony subside. That was when another excruciating amount of pain hit my back causing my upper body to lose its strength. My chest hit the table. I was on my knees but my upper body completely immobilised.
 
My back felt like it was being torn apart, the pain kept increasing until finally the last surge shot through my body like a lightning bolt. Afterwards, it was calm, all I felt was a sore twitching feeling on my back. I felt as if a ton of bricks had landed on top of me. I tried to relax a little in the hope that would ease the pain slightly. 
 
I felt the weight on my back swing down next to me. Shifting my head slightly to look, I saw something that I would have never expected. Wings, a pair of pure, white angel wings. It towered over me and bowed over my body. That was when I realised what was going to happen to the angel, I had to stop it. I looked in her direction but it was too late. She was writhing on the bed as if she was some serpent and not an angel. Finally with a clear scream, her body jerked up and two huge white wings erupted from her back. She collapsed back down on the bed her new wings twitching.
*
"Then everything around me became foggy and I was back in the room." Jeonghan ended.
 
"But I don't remember any of that even though I was in that state longer than you." You spotter even though you were secretly thankful you didn't have to experience such a terrible sounding ordeal.
 
A lightning bolt crashed and hoards of shadows started to line the walls, running in circles around the room. Jeonghan hid you behind him and wound his arm backwards to comfort you.
 
Whispers started to ring out around you. 
 
"Remember little angel we won't stop until we are satisfied. Remember little angel we won't stop until we are satisfied. Remember little angel we won't stop until we are satisfied." 
 
Your head started to spin dangerously, you continuosly slapped yourself into consciousness in fear that Jeonghan would not be able to make it against whatever was coming alone. 
 
"Close your eyes." Jeonghan ordered. "If you are need to rest then rest. I'd much rather you didn't see my powers in action."
 
That was all you needed before you out.
*
You woke up back in Jinyoung's bed warmly tucked in, you placed on of your hand on your throbbing temple. 
 
"You awake ?" 
 
Looking up you saw Wonwoo sitting next to you, he gingerly placed one hand on your forehead and another on his own. 
 
"Where is Jinyoung ?" You asked not sure what to make of the situation. 
 
"Oh, his just cleaning up the room you were in earlier. There was blood all over the walls, not very hygienic is it ?" Wonwoo said as he lifted his hand from your head. 
 
"Is Jeonghan badly hurt ???!!!" You exclaimed sitting up straight worried. 
 
"HEY HEY MISSY !" Wonwoo scolded pushing you firmly back down onto your pillow. "Jeonghan is fine. You should be worrying more about yourself, your running a high fever here. Nice to know that you two are so friendly with each other now." He grumbled.
 
With that Wonwoo slapped a cold patch squarely on your forehead, earning a wince from you.
 
"REST ! I'll be here so you don't have to worry. We contacted the council and they will send the kid over in two days time instead. Her parents wanted to spend a bit more time with her anyways. Your parents won't be back for a bit because they have to stay at the court room and protect the king and queen but they said that they will call you." Wonwoo finished with a troubled sigh.
 
He then proceeded to get comfortable and covered his legs with half of your blanket leaned back on the bed head, folded his arms and closed his eyes. 
 
"Uuuuuuh." You begin.
 
"Don't even say anything... Your older brother is so annoying, he INSISTED I be in the same bed as you so that there is no delay time if you need help. Sheeeesh, you two aren't even blood-related." Wonwoo grunted. 
 
You giggled slightly before sliding into a peaceful slumber. 
 
*
Angels don't die, the only way to kill them is to break them apart from the inside.
 
*
a/n: Holy Moly this is the most angst chapter I have ever written.