Chapter 24

Immortal

Chapter 24

Day 2, Night

*

Wonwoo's head hit the wall behind him as a burning sensation started to spread throughout his body starting from his forehead. He felt everything within him twist and turn rejecting the foreign power that was taking over his body. Wonwoo’s pupils were shaking, fear once again lodged in his throat. The girl then gently placed her hands on his chest. The pain begin to discharge out of his body into her small hands. He watched as the girls pupils violently shake as it turned red. She closed her eyes and shook her head a few times, when her eyes opened again he saw her pupils slowly fade back from red to brown. 

The girl placed both of her hands on his cheeks and looked straight into his eyes.

“I know you’re scared, but I also know how much you want to live. Just trust me.” She said firmly. Her voice strangely eased Wonwoo’s worries and somehow, he wanted to trust her. He took several shaky breaths before nodding at her.

“You’ll be okay. You'll live again... as an angel.” She reassured him. 

And she snapped his neck.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonwoo opened his eyes, he was still in the alley, it was still raining. He sighed, nothing changed. Looking down to check his wound he found the young girl from earlier curled up comfortably in his lap, deep in slumber. Shifting his hand under her he ran his fingers over his abdomen, instead of a deep, gaping wound, he could only feel smooth skin replacing where the stab was earlier. He took one look at the peacefully sleeping face of the girl and he knew, the demon inside of him had died. Now he was an angel again, one that was working to regain the trust of the higher ups, perhaps someday to be an Arch again. He the girl's cheek, this girl was an Arch and probably not any Arch at that. If she had chosen to save him then it meant that he was bonded to her for the rest of his life. Was he willing to be "restricted" ? 

The sin within begin to take its place in his mind again. He could still live freely again, doing whatever he wanted. Just because he was a reborn angel didn't mean he couldn't become a vampire again. That's right, last night he was probably just melancholic because of his fight with Seungcheol. All he had to do was bring this girl to the Head Quarters. 

 Wonwoo leapt to his feet and begin to run, he didn't care about the young girl currently sleeping, oblivious in his arms. 

He kicked open the doors of the headquarters causing many heads to look in his directions. He felt the girl stirring awake in his arms, as soon as she saw who he was presenting her to, she spun around to face his chest clinging onto his shirt in desperation. She may be young but she knew who she needed to look out for. As the tall man whom Wonwoo looked up to so much approached him, Wonwoo felt an immense amount of pride, so much that he found the ability within him to ignore the young girl who was shaking her head violently at him. Heartlessly Wonwoo passed the child in his arms to his senior and turned to leave without even bothering to look back. The feeling of being acknowledged by his seniors was the only thing that filled his mind as he played a deaf ear to the screams of help from the girl he left behind. Little did he know that he had just made the biggest mistake of his life.

 *

 "It's ok, I know that you're not a mean person. I forgive you."

... Why ?

Why did you forgive me so easily ?!

How can you still smile like that after what I did to you ?!

 *

"Hey get in here ! Wonwoo fainted !"

 *

 Wonwoo opens his eyes to see you staring at him in concern. 

 "Oh ! You're awake ! Are you hungry ? Do you need water ?" You jump up immediately ready to serve him.

Wonwoo shakes his head not bothering to get up. You kneel next to the bed again resting your chin on the edge of the bed.

"Sorry..." You say under you breathe.

"For what ?" Wonwoo asked turning his head slightly to look at you. 

"We were both friends when we were kids and you know so much about me, but I don't even remember you. I'm sorry." You mutter.

Wonwoo smiles slightly, reaching his arm out from under his blanket he places it gently on your head.

"It's fine, I don't mind. You can learn about me again. I actually prefer it to be this way." Wonwoo chuckles.

You smile and nod, thankful that Wonwoo was so forgiving. As Wonwoo watched your smiling face, his heart felt like it was being stabbed. 

"You're only like this because you don't know what I did to you."

*

Day 3, 2 am

*

Your were disturbed by a loud banging on the door of you and your brothers room. Jinyoung got up groggily, as soon as he opened the door Mingyu and The8 tumbled in. 

"What's wrong ?" Jinyoung asked concerned. Mingyu and The8 were the two on duty for night watch, if they came, it meant that there was trouble. 

"You guys need to come down... now." Mingyu coughed out, panting. 

You, Sehun, Gongchan and Jinyoung rushed down the stairs into the crowd of boys already present. The boys parted to reveal a young girl sitting on the sofa. She had a soaked raincoat on and was clutching tightly to her teddy bear, eyeing everybody suspiciously. 

"Who is this ?" Sehun questioned. 

"It's the princess." Suga spoke out from his corner. 

"She's here early." Dino muttered. "She wasn't suppose to arrive until tomorrow."

You approached the young girl cautiously, sitting next to her you offered your lap in which she accepted after a few seconds of consideration. Chanyeol knelt down in front of her flashing a toothy smile.

"Hello, Me and this older sister here are going to take care of you. Isn't that great ?" Chanyeol chirped.

The princess stared at Chanyeol emotionlessly for a while before turning her back to him and clinging on to your shirt. Wonwoo sighed and took a seat next to you on the sofa, waiting to make eye contact with the little princess. She stared at him long and hard, Wonwoo reached out his hand towards her trying his best to give her a warm smile. Eventually, the princess accepted Wonwoo as well, Wonwoo happily shot Chanyeol a look of victory. 

"What's your name ?" You asked.

"Kim-Yebin." She replied. "I'm fwive."

"Oh really ?" You giggled slightly, she was adorable. "Where are you from ?"

"I... don't know." Yebin replied, her face scrunched up trying to think.

Jeonghan and Jinyoung both couldn't help but choke slightly, the both of them were probably feeling the pain for the poor girl. Jin barely managed hold in his screams but he was screaming so loudly internally that the person next to him could probably hear it. 

Wonwoo carried Yebin up to her room while the rest of you huddled together to discuss what to do. 

"Who brought her here ?" S.coups questioned Mingyu and The8.

"Mingyu went to the bathroom and I went to get a glass of water. When I only turned my back to the lounge for a couple of seconds then boom, there is a kid on the sofa." The8 sighed. "My baby almost dropped out of my womb..."

"You have to give it to the higher ups... their stealth is crazy..." Vernon commented.

It was decided that for now everyone will get a good nights rest while they still could and find out more about the kid tomorrow. With that Jinyoung dismissed everyone to their rooms. Everyone slept comfortably for about two hours or so before you were disturbed by the sound of Yebin's cries. You rushed up to check on her to find out that Wonwoo had already beaten you to it. 

Wonwoo took a look at the little baby girl that was lying on the soft mattress. He picked her and her loud sobs slowly turned into sniffles.

"Hey there~ aww~ why are you crying~? It's ok~" He cooed softly and pecked her cheeks.

"I want my Daaadddyyyy." Yebin whimpered.

"What are you talking about silly ? Daddy's right here." Wonwoo laughed.

Yebin stared at him confused.

"Daddy ?" She said softly.

"That's right. I'm right here." Wonwoo confirmed. The girls face lit up with a smile as she threw her arms around Wonwoo's neck. Wonwoo was grinning from ear to ear but when he turned around you saw his face drop into a slight face of pity for the child. Wonwoo then noticed that you had arrived.

"Look Yebin ! Mommy's here too !" Wonwoo exclaimed, trying to sound as convincing as possible. 

Yebin evaluated you carefully before reaching her arms out to you. As you received her in an embrace you and Wonwoo both exchanged looks of sadness. You two were definitely going to protect this kid, there were no words required for this mutual understanding.

*

a/n: I forgot to update yesterday !!! Please don't kill me TAT Hai ! Yay ! You're a Mom ! How does it feel hehe. Yebin is that super cute Korean kid that goes ANDWAEYO ! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN29b1-hhZ0