Chapter 21

Immortal

Chapter 21

Day 2, Morning 

*

You push past him into your hand, hoping he’d hear the finality in your words and get the message. Tears begin blurring the world into broken shards of glass as they threatened to slip out.

But then a hand gripped onto your wrist, the touch firm, unwilling to let go, you turn as his eyes meet yours. Eyes that were of concern and tenderness, not pity. His hands were warm and comforting, making you start to trust him slightly. With that, you stopped holding back and let your tears flow out.

“I- I’m sorry, I really don't know what to do in these kind of situations, I just felt like I needed to be here though.” He said biting the side of his bottom lip.

His words take you by surprise triggering more tears to start ebbing down your cheek.

“Don’t cry.”He gently away your tears. “I’m here, so are all the other boys. You'll be fine.”

Sighing, your heart softens and you let him take you into his arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think you two are doing ?" A deep voice grumpily demanded behind V.
 
"None of your business" You retort ignoring the tall giant.
 
Chanyeol sighed pulling you away from V.
 
"Dude ! Can't you see that she needs this right now ???" V half yelled exasperated.
 
"If she needs it she has me." Chanyeol answered.
 
You looked up at him in disbelief, you opened your mouth ready to give a full lecture but stopped suddenly.

 

Yelling. Is that yelling?

You grabbed the two boys snapping their attention to your emotionless face. The both of them started straining their ears too.

"What is that ???" V whispered to you two.

You heard it again. The yelling. Pained yelling. Sehun ???

Running in the direction of his voice you eventually reached a bedroom where you found him thrashing around in his bed throwing clothes and other materials around. Around him stood a couple of the country boys, S.coups holding the unconscious Jeonghan in a safe radius away from Sehun.

Sehun ! Sehun stop!”

He kept yelling with streams of tears flowing on his face.

Running towards him you held his arms close to his sides as you pulled him into a tight hug. Struggling he continued yelling.

“Sehun stop! It’s ok! I’m here, I’m here!”

Still holding onto him tightly, you rubbed his back soothingly as he started calming down.

Shhh it’s ok. I’m here I’m here. Everything’s ok. Ok?” You said quietly, hushing him.

He melted into your embrace and soon fell asleep. Sighing you placed him back down onto the bed.

He didn’t always do this. You remember dealing with it for the first time when you were fourteen with Gongchan and Jinyoung. Sehun's sub powers had the tendency to clash sometimes. You just rationalized that it was his way for dealing with the pain. However afterwards he doesn't remember it ever happening even if you tell him. 

"What happened ?" Chanyeol asked Joshua.

"I don't know we were all suppose to look after Jeonghan and Sehun said he felt dizzy so he went to lie down for a while then... kaboom." Joshua explained. 

You placed your hand on Sehun's forehead icing away the heat. The group of you begin to hear footsteps get closer and closer before seeing Gongchan appear at the door. He took one look at Sehun before sighing in relief. Allowing him to take over your friend, you groan at the your aching arms now bruised from your struggle with Sehun.

Feeling stressed by all the events of the morning you left the group not wanting to talk to anyone. There were so many things happening now, you don't even know what on earth happened the night before with Jeonghan. You walking back down to the kitchen being careful not to wake Jinyoung, whom to your surprise slept through Sehun's screaming.

As you reached to get a glass of water you flinched. Placing the glass back down you rolled up my sleeves to observe the new bruises along your arm. 

Guess he thrashed too much.

While icing your bruises you felt your phonebuzz in your pocket, taking one look at the caller ID you quickly answered the call.

  • "Mommy ?" 
  • "Hi baby, how are you and the boys doing ?" You had never been happier to hear your Mom's voice.
  • "Terrible, we got attacked twice last night and Sehun got into one of his fits.
  • "Well judging from the fact that you are alive I think I feel relieved enough. Phew thats a huge load of my shoulders, I'm think I can trust those boys." You Mom joked, her voice sounded forlorn and tired.
  • "Mommy ? Are you ok ? What's going on ? Why do you need to trust them ?" You question cautiously.
  • "Honey, Daddy and I won't be able to see you for a while. All of your friends probably won't get to see their parents for a while either." Your Mom broke to you.
  • "What ? Why ?" You exclaim.
  • "You weren't the only people attacked honey. You Dad had quite a tough time last night."
  • "Daddy ??? Is he ok ???"
  • "Of course his alright ! Your father isn't a weak person. Listen I know it's hard to suddenly have to deal with so much on your own but through this you are going to learn and grow. You'll be fine, your a tough girl, just like you father. " Your Mom comforted.
  • "Ok Mom, I hope to see you soon." You sigh.
  • "Me too baby, I love you." With that Your Mom hung up. 

"No matter how I see it your still a kid."

You looked up at Jinyoung pitfully before bursting into a loud sob. 

"Can I do this ? I'm not good enough, am I ?"

"Hey, don't say that..." A look of worry flashes across his face as he pulls you in for a hug. You continue to tear and he continues to hug you tighter and tighter. Your sob session was interrupted by a growling sound next to your head. You looked up at Jinyoung who was trying hard not to laugh.

"Sorry, I'm really really hungry right now." Jinyoung laughed.

"Me too, the hunger must be getting to me. I'll start breakfast." You cough, quickly drying your tears 

You fished for the pans you would need and for breakfast. Turning on the stove, and you silently thanked God for the relationship between You and Jinyoung. The feeling of safety that he granted you while your parents were away was something that you were definitely grateful for. As the pan warmed up you felt Jinyoung's hand your head fondly. It made you smile, but you focused back to oiling the pan.

“How about I take over today ?” Jinyoung suggested reaching his hand over yours to take control of the pan. The thought of watching Jinyoung cook for you again after a few years sounded good to you. He started swishing the pan around smoothly grabbing salt & pepper shakers and sprinkling them into the pan without hesitation. 

"You should face the handle of the pan more inwards so that you don't bump into it."

You and Jinyoung spun around to see Jeonghan striding down the stairs. He marched over to Jinyoung and looked over the simmering pan inquisitively. 

"It needs more vitamin C." He muttered looking up at Jinyoung. "The kids need nutrition to grow dude." 

Jeonghan swiftly slid out a cutting board from the drawer and grabbed a couple of CARROTS from the fridge. He pressed the hilt of the knife into the CARROT, making a loud noise, many fast and skilled chops followed after it as Jeonghan sliced CARROT by CARROT. (Lol sorry I'm just super happy about our official fan club name it's Carat btw but DK and Vernon calls us Carrots/Radishes.) 

"Well if you have so much of that bland stuff going in the kids won't eat it will they ?" Jin huffed joining in the line of mothers. He grabbed a couple of sauces and herbs from the counter and begin mixing them together. "We have an ARMY to feed." (Since we were doing fan club names why stop ?)

Soon after a hoard of boys stormed down the stairs grumbling as they formed a pretty long line to each receive their serving of food from their "mother's". You hit yourself slightly for not getting your food before the army of boys came. You looked up to see Jinyougn approaching you with two plates of food. Setting them on the counter he slid one towards you. You sniffed happily at the steam rising from it before pouting slightly at the sight of the peas and celery rising from your dish. Jinyoung chuckled and scooped the celery off your plate before dumping it into his own. You begin spooning out the peas too but Jinyoung quickly slapped your hand.

"You are eating those young lady. I already to took your celery away so be thankful and eat your peas." He scolded before flashing you a soft smile. 

You sighed and picked at them sadly, just as your fork was about to poke into one of them another fork interjected you taking the cursed green ball away. Turning around you came face to face with Wonwoo who popped it into his mouth. 

"I'll eat them for you if you let me sit next to you." He bargained.

"Deal." You closed.

Smiling happily you looked down at your plate to see that the celery had reappered. 

"You either eat one or eat the other. No escape." Jinyoung stated squarely before digging back into his meal.

*

a/n: This chapter went from angst to fluff real quick. I'm sorry it's such a y chapter.