Chapter 20

Immortal

Chapter 20

Day 2, Morning 

*

Angels don't die, the only way to kill them is to break them apart from the inside.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You finally woke up squinting at the sudden sunlight that hit your eyes through the window. Your head still throbbed from the small fever that you had. Hearing snoring, You turned your head to the side to see Wonwoo in deep slumber. No wonder the blanket had disappeared overnight... greedy pig... You looked around in search for any of your brothers but no one was in sight. You slid off the bed and started towards the door, grasping onto the chilly doorknob you tried turning it but the piece of wood did not budge an inch. 
 
Sighing you turned back to the only source of help. Since you had to wake him up you might as well have fun. You two were suppose to be close anyways right ? 
 
“WONWOO !” you scream, throwing yourself on his sleeping body.

“WAHHH !!!” he shrieks, instantly waking up, his eyes flying open.

You laugh hysterically earning a look of annoyance from him, ripping off his blanket. “MORNING, SUNSHINE !”

Wonwoo groaned and pulled the blanket back over his head. “I am no sunshine.”

“Fine. MORNING, EMO BOY !” You shout back.

Wonwoo turns around and pulls you back down to lay next to him.

"Go back to sleep... then neither of us have to wake up... problem solved."

“You’re an idiot,” You tease.

A surprisingly cute idiot though. You think to yourself

“Why did you wake this idiot so early in the morning?” Wonwoo groaned.

“Well,” You paused for a while trying to remember why you woke him up "Oh right, the door is locked. So I guess you have to spend the rest of the day in here with me."

“Mm,” he mutters, rubbing his face in his pillow. “Sounds like a plan.”

“Let's do this ! Come one.” You coax, dragging him slightly by his legs.

But he doesn’t budge.

“What’re you talking about?” Grabbing your wrist as a sign to stop. 

“We’re supposed to open the damn door !” You cry, trying to contain your annoyance.

“How did I get myself away from Seungkwan to encounter another morning person ?” He groans, sitting up still drowsy. 

“Hmmm, I wonder. Can you not... We have work to do.” You smile, clearly enjoying yourself.

Wonwoo opened his eyes momentarily to raise his eyebrow at you.

“Can I not what? Be so different from you ? Try to be a morning person ? The answer to all of those…” He leans in to look you in the eye. “…is no. I can not.” He finishes by lying down again and pulling his blanket over his head.

“I hate you.” You groan, preparing to wake him up again

“I love you, too.” You hear him chuckle slightly.

As you two start over again.

“Ya !” You cry out exasperated.

But Wonwoo doesn’t respond and continues laying still in his sheets.

“Yaaaa !”

Still sleeping.

“YAAAAAAA !”

Wonwoo sighs before reluctantly rolling over.

“Ok let's do this .”

You leap up in victory and bound towards the door. Watching Wonwoo lazily drag his long, lanky body out of bed you start to somewhat appreciate his great physique. It may be thin but damn it looked good, especially in the loose knitted sweater he was wearing.

“But I'm going back to sleep the second we get it open.” He grunts plopping his hand squarely on your head. 

“Fine by me !” Your chirp happily.

Squatting down and hugging your knees to your chest, you prop yourself up on your them to watch Wonwoo do his thing. 

He softly smiles at you in a strangely fond manner. Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he turns to face sideways to the door. Lifting one leg he firmly kicks the door. The stubborn thing still refused to move.

Wonwoo turns to you. “You ready to see some action ?”

“Yeap !" You nod earnestly.

Stepping a few steps back Wonwoo starts running before landing a flying kick on the door. The wooden structure burst open and revealing a very shocked Vernon, Jun and Mingyu.

“There,” Wonwoo states flatly, not paying any attention to the party before him. He turns back around to the bed so that he could continue on from where he left off.

“Hyuuuung, what were you two doooiiiiinnngggg.” Vernon sings, skipping after Wonwoo and sending a wink towards you. "Come one, give us some details."

"Absolutely nothing." Wonwoo replies coldly.

“Come on... I bet some nice stuff happened in here.” Mingyu said pretending to clear his throat.

Rolling his eyes and spinning back around. “Nothing happened, shut up.” Wonwoo declared pushing Vernon off him as he curled back into bed. 

Jun started contributing to the conversation as well.

“Heeeey ! You two are adorable, just so you know... I ship you” He whispers excited, patting your head.

You threw Wonwoo an inquisitive look. "Are all you people like this ?"

Wonwoo glances back at you and smirks before turning to reface Mingyu. “Maybe, their heads are all filled with stupid fluffy fantasies .”

“Oh yeah?” Mingyu questions, raising his eyebrows. “Minghao ! Are we wrong about them being cute ?”

Minghao, popped his head in, nodded and threw a thumbs up. “Yup. I'm rooting for you two,” he adds.

“See,” Mingyu states.

Wonwoo groans and finally sits up, leaning his head against the wall. You can’t help but feel bad that you made him wake up. The door might have been better if it stayed closed. 

Wonwoo turned to you with a smug grin on his face. He tosses the blanket off the rest of his body and gets in a squatting position. Then, without any further hesitation, he leaps over out and flies at Mingyu, landing right on him and screaming at the top of his lungs, “MINGYU-AH!!!!!”

Aaaannddd maybe you don't feel that bad about it after all. 

“WHAT THE HELL?!” Mingyu screams, trying to squirm his way out while looking at his fellow shippers for help. 

“Oooooh, Jun ! I think I hear Seungcheol calling us ahem.” Vernon shouts making his way to the door with Jun following close behind.

Mingyu continues screaming after them in desperation, “HYUNG !”

It takes another thirty seconds of Mingyu suffering and screaming before Wonwoo gives in, probably because he was laughing too hard, and lets him go. Once he’s free, Mingyu shoots up and just glares at him.

“Sorry, Mingyu!” You shout, giving him a toothy smile as Wonwoo smirks at you.

Wonwoo strangled Mingyu with his pillow before walking over to you while dusting his hands off. 

"Come on let's go wash up." He chuckles leading you to the bathroom.

After you were done you made your way downstairs for breakfast. The house was surprisingly quiet as compared to the night before. Looking at the kitchen clock, you were shocked to realise that it was only 8 in the morning. Hearing snoring you snapped you head in the direction of the sound. Bounding over to the living room couch you see Jinyoung happily cuddled up in the couch cushions dead asleep. You giggle softly and squat in front of him as you lightly rub your finger at his nose.

"Wake up." You whisper.

His eyes start to open gradually and shot you a groggy smile.

“Goodmorning.” He says, looking into your eyes sleepily. “Did you sleep well?”

A small smile forms on your lips and you nod.

“Good.” He reached out and cupped your cheek, gently caressing it with his thumb. 

"It's time to wake up." You coax shaking him a bit.

Jinyoung laughed lightly pulling you up onto the sofa with him and nudging you against his chest. You bury your face into his loose cotton t-shirt and breathe in his scent as he absentmindedly pats your head. 

"5 more minutes... I and some of the other boys have been up all night taking turns to patrol and take care of Jeonghan." He mumbled into your hair. "Wonwoo got it easy..."

With that Jinyoung's soft snores could be heard again. You lightly wiggled yourself out of his arms and slid back onto the floor.

"I'm bored..." You groaned.

Not feeling as hungry anymore you run back up the stairs looking for someone to play with. Running past the open door of the bathroom you stop and retrace your steps back to the entrance of the toilet and peered in.

Chanyeol stood in front of the sink, razor in hand and shaving cream on his face. You watched as he carefully shaved his face, concentrating on his reflection in the mirror. Then his eyes flickered over and he saw your reflection in the mirror. 

A small smile formed on his face.

“Almost done.” he told you.
You give him a poker face not wanting to be too friendly with him but staying to watch anyways. It's not every day you get to watch a guy shave, it is after all... *ahem* a very manly and enjoyable act to watch.  Leaning against the doorway as you waited you watched the razor glide across the foam with great concentration. After a while, he set the razor down and rinsed his face. Grabbing a towel he turned to face you.
“Good?” He asked, rubbing his face dry.

Instead of looking at his face though, your gaze had wandered down to the ed shirt and you nodded your head absently.

He chuckled and tossed the towel aside before walking up to you. He grabbed your hand and held it against his cheek. “I meant up here.”

“Uh… yeah.” You stammered blushing a little.

Now that he was done you had seen all there was to see. Not bothering to say goodbye you hopped away from the wall and skipped down the hall looking for something else to occupy yourself with. Running down the hall, you suddenly feel someone catch your waist and drag you into a room. Spinning around you come face to face with Lay.

"Lay ??? Are you feeling better ???" You ask concerned.

Shifting your head slightly, you see the rest of your childhood friends (EXO excluding Chanyeol and Sehun.) behind him.

"What's going on ?" You were starting to feel slightly scared.

"We need to leave..." Suho told you with great remorse. "There are other places that need protection and right now the council needs as many Arch's or Half Arch's as possible."

"But I need you guys here with me ! I need all of you !" You burst out. There was no way you could do without your friends, they were what made you feel safe, secure. You needed them. Bad.

"Of course, you too need  a lot  of protection here, but after last  night,  we have decided that we feel quite safe in leaving you with the boys here. If you ever need us we can still reach you in less than 10 minutes so please don't worry too much. We are all a phone call or aura burst away." Xiumin reasoned.

Aura burst... You were definitely hoping that you won't have to do that. An aura burst was something that happened to celestial beings in times of EXTREME danger. An Angel's aura will explode and hit the other angel's in the form of a strong wave. If an angel was ever to be hit by an aura burst that he or she recognises, that angel will definitely drop everything and rush over asap. The thought of having to use an aura burst was extremely frightening. 

Thinking about an aura burst only made you more fearful and depressed of what was to come in the near future. You watched sadly as each of your good friends gave you a pat on your head comfortingly then disappear with Kai. Before leaving Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both gave you a small parting word of advice.

"Don't be afraid of your power, have confidence and take control over it." Baekhyun encouraged as he and Kyungsoo surrounded you giving you a tight hug. 

Kai reappeared in the room and left with the both of them leaving standing in a lonely silence. You felt empty without your good friends around, it felt like your safety blanket had been ripped off you. Feeling sick in the stomach you decide stared at the ground unsure of what to do with the uncomfortable feeling inside you. Turning to head for the stairs to realise that you weren't alone in the room after all.

“Taehyung? What are you doing here?” You ask, taken aback to see the boy who was seemingly waiting for you to notice him.

It’s been a while since the last time you both spoke, the both of you weren't close and so far he had only seen you in situations where  you were the victim. Now just when you started feeling some emptiness in your life, he decides to come around catching you in your vulnerable state yet again.

Dunnoe, guess it just happened. How are you doing ?” He asks as he continues to hold his a poker face expression. His lips pulled tightly in a solemn expression, shoulders slightly slouching forward. He was pitying you. Damn it. You didn't need his pity, besides he probably didn't care. He is probably using the situation to his advantage, to look cool.

You roll your eyes, bristling at his words, the mixture of annoyance and frustration resonating through you.

“I'm doing great, thanks.” Doing just fine without you. The cold line sounds purposely sharp against your tongue, knives trying to drive him away. 

You push past him into your hand, hoping he’d hear the finality in your words and get the message. Tears begin blurring the world into broken shards of glass as they threatened to slip out.

But then a hand gripped onto your wrist, the touch firm, unwilling to let go, you turn as his eyes meet yours. Eyes that were of concern and tenderness, not pity. His hands were warm and comforting, making you start to trust him slightly. With that, you stopped holding back and let your tears flow out.

“I- I’m sorry, I really don't know what to do in these kind of situations, I just felt like I needed to be here though.” He said biting the side of his bottom lip.

His words take you by surprise triggering more tears to start ebbing down your cheek.

“Don’t cry.”He gently away your tears. “I’m here, so are all the other boys. You'll be fine.”

Sighing, your heart softens and you let him take you into his arms.

*

a/n: FLUFF AND MANLY MEN ! AAAYYYYYEEEEEE. TO MANY BOYS LOL, SORRY NEED TO REDUCE IT FOR NOW BUT EXO WILL BE BACK. DUN WORREH. Very very satisfied with this long chap. Yahoo.