Chapter 25

Immortal

Chapter 25

Day 3, Early Morning

*

Everyone slept comfortably for about two hours or so before you were disturbed by the sound of Yebin's cries. You rushed up to check on her to find out that Wonwoo had already beaten you to it. 

Wonwoo took a look at the little baby girl that was lying on the soft mattress. He picked her and her loud sobs slowly turned into sniffles.

"Hey there~ aww~ why are you crying~? It's ok~" He cooed softly and pecked her cheeks.

"I want my Daaadddyyyy." Yebin whimpered.

"What are you talking about silly ? Daddy's right here." Wonwoo laughed.

Yebin stared at him confused.

"Daddy ?" She said softly.

"That's right. I'm right here." Wonwoo confirmed. The girls face lit up with a smile as she threw her arms around Wonwoo's neck. Wonwoo was grinning from ear to ear but when he turned around you saw his face drop into a slight face of pity for the child. Wonwoo then noticed that you had arrived.

"Look Yebin ! Mommy's here too !" Wonwoo exclaimed, trying to sound as convincing as possible. 

Yebin evaluated you carefully before reaching her arms out to you. As you received her in an embrace you and Wonwoo both exchanged looks of sadness. You two were definitely going to protect this kid, there were no words required for this mutual understanding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" A crying sound blew the whole house as 5 guys sat before the young girl - not knowing what to do.

 

"Ohmygosh what should we do!?!?"

"I don't know! Don't ask me! I've tried making funny faces but she just kept crying!!"

"We're so dead..."

"he's gonna kill us"

"we're dead..."

As the 5 kept bickering, Wonwoo joined them in the living room.

"WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO!?" he exclaimed loudly.

The 5 gasped, jumping at the sound. Slowly, they turned their head to the angry lion.

"I step out for 10 minutes and you can't keep my kid from crying ?" He muttered lowly.

The other 5 could only put on an awkward smile. The boy sighed and went to his baby. He picked the crying kid and cradled her as a smile slowly appeared on his face.

"There there Yebin~ Daddy's here~" He cooed, the girl's cries turn into sniffles and finally a small giggle came out.

Vernon, Seungkwan, Dino, The8 and Joshua sighed with relief. Wonwoo left Yebin on the floor of the living room to play with her toys as Dino and The8 sprawled next to her. They were all fond of little Yebin but she hadn't seemed to warm up to them yet.

Wonwoo was preparing Yebin's food in the kitchen when you joined him. Yebin ran up to you to show you the building she has just built with her leg set.

"That's really pretty Yebin !" You complimented happily, scooping her up into your arms. Yebin giggled and buried her face in your neck. Wonwoo smiled gently petting Yebin's head. 

"The family theme is definitely setting in here." Chanyeol observed, marching down the stairs with Sehun, Gongchan, and Jinyoung. Wonwoo emotionlessly nodded and sat Yebin at the table, serving her her food. While the rest of the boys begin preparing their breakfast.

Seungkwan was feeding Yebin while making funny faces at her as he tried to get her to open .

"Just give up she doesn't like you." Vernon teased, earning a scowl from Seungkwan.

Yebin suddenly laughed hysterically at the sight of unhappy Seungkwan gaining laughs all around the table.

"This reminds me of the time Dino was still a small midget," Vernon said in a nostalgic tone. "To be honest, he was quite an annoying kid..." 

Dino folded is arms.

"Well, I wasn't that fond at the thought of being in the same class with a loud, blonde, American looking, Asian. "

Vernon faked a loud gasp. He spun around to face Yebin.

"YEBIN-AH!! DID YOU HEAR THAT!? YOUR UNCLE DINO IS BEING A MEANIE TO YOUR FAVORITE UNCLE!!! HE'S MEAN TO ME!!!" He dramatically yelped.

Yebin only blinked and tilted her head before continuing with her meal paying him no mind.

"Of course, you don't know... you're just a baby..." Vernon said with his stank face on.

Jinyoung watched the group of you from the staircase, he had always loved watching a family in action. His father loved him and his Mom very much but was always away on missions. Before Jinyoung was able to properly experience any sort of fun with his father the dreaded MIA letter had arrived at his doorstep. His father was part of a special, investigation unit. The safety of the members of that unit was never ensured, in other words, being in that unit would mean that you were putting your life on the line 24/7. Jinyoung sighed and looked up again, watching the group of you for comfort.

Yebin reached out to tug at her Dad's sweater to feed him a spoon of her porridge. She missed slightly splashing some on his cheek. You and Yebin both giggled in unison as you wiped your "husband's" cheek.

Jinyoung quickly whipped out his phone snapping a shot of the three of you. 

"Nice shots you got there..." Jimin said, appearing behind Jinyoung as he and his group went ahead to prepare their own breakfast. Jinyoung nodded and grinned, he snapped a few more shots and looked through them smiling softly. He ran his finger over the snapshot of you, smiling widely. You had grown so fast, not long ago he was wiping porridge of your face. Sighing he remembered the times he walked past your classroom as saw you staring out of the window blankly instead of listening to the lesson. 

*

“Can anyone tell me what is the most significant change that occurs when the temperature of the mercury rises ?”

Looking around the room and eyeing her fairly attentive students, Mr. Lee noticed one particular student who seemed to be too busy staring out the window to have even heard his question.

“Excuse me, Would you mind paying attention and perhaps answer the question I have just addressed to the class?”

While continuing to look out the window, You sighed before swiftly answering the man’s question. A bit taken aback by  your nonchalant response, Mr. Lee simply nodded his head before turning back towards the blackboard and writing down more notes for the class to follow. Sehun patted your back trying to hold back his laughter. 

“Professor Lee is so annoying, man. He knows that you’re smart, but decides to pick on you anyway…” He whispered to you behind his book. Peering into your book he quickly corrects it to the right page for you.

Looking over to the boy sitting next to him, you give your friend an appreciative smile.

“I know, but I really don’t mind. It’s not like I ever don’t know the answer.”

“Yeah, that’s true. You’re such a nerd.” Says Sehun, poking you friend in the cheek.

“Quit it.” You hiss as you shoo his finger away.

Your eyes unconsciously scan past the window facing the corridor of the building and a figure watching through it catches your eye. Before you can make out who it is the figure rushes behind the closed door of the classroom, out of your sight. You shrug your shoulders and continue playing around with Sehun.

On the other side of the door Jinyoung pants and scolds himself for not being more careful. Turning his head slightly he peeks through the window again. Watching you giggle slightly as you and Sehun poke each together Jinyoung smiles in relief sorry that he only looked out for you in such a simple way. Sighing he made his way back to the student council room.

*

a/n: I FORGOT TO UPDATE !!! Exam week ya'll,trying to survive. Please don't kill me TAT. If I can I'll do a double update this week. I still have two exams though TAT. WOOOOOOOOO. Some Nostalgia going on here. Ships are fighting here ;)