001

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)
SEOUL, 4 JANUARY 2015
 
"Kim Seokjin-ssi", called the ahjusshi as he came out from the office with a folder in his hand.
 
Seated across at one of the seats in Seoul Police Station, a male student jerked his head up to meet the ahjusshi's eyes. 
 
Noticing that he was the only one who responded to his call, the ahjusshi cocked his eyebrow and pointed a finger at him.
 
"Kim Seokjin-ssi?"
"Ne, jeoneun Seokjin ibnida", the male nodded his head and replied.
"Alright, please take a seat", the ahjusshi then pulled out a seat for him at the counter and gestured for him to settle down. 
 
The male student took a deep breath and clasped his hands as he waited nervously for the ahjusshi to start talking again. 
 
"Ne, maj-ayo. I have double checked your particulars and DNA and they all matched the deceased", the ahjusshi said solemnly. 
 
"The deceased?", the student widened his eyes. 
"Ne. Seokjin-ssi, your mother had passed away on 4 December 2005..."
 
He flinched when he heard that. Then, he muttered softly to himself,
 
"A-ni, it can't be..."
"Yes, that is what's stated in the death report", the ahjusshi studied the report in his hands, 
"23:59, 4 December 2005 at Busan University Hospital."
"Busan University Hospital?!"
"Ne, is there a problem?"
"It wasn't Haeundae Paik Hospital?"
"Let me check again", he spun around and began typing on his computer. When something came up from his screen, he his lips and turned back swiftly to face the student.
 
"Hmm, according to the records, your mother was warded to Busan University Hospital while you were warded to Haeundae Paik Hospital. There were quite a number of casualties from that day's incident so they had no choice but to separate you guys..."
 
"So that's why I couldn't find her anywhere in the hospital...", the male student had his shoulders slumped and his head hung low now. He closed his eyes and gave a deep sigh. For the past ten years, he have been keeping his hopes high, believing that there is possibility of his mother being alive, but now that the truth is finally out, he felt crushed. 
 
"Anyway", the ahjusshi cleared his throat, 
 
"Nam Min Ji's grave is currently resting here", he scribbled down an address onto a memo and slid it across the table to the student, tapping his index finger on it. 
 
Then, grabbing another large envelope from the table, he handed it carefully to the student. 
 
"You might want to see what's inside it. I believe that it's something valuable which was left behind by your mother", he smiled weakly and patted him gently on his shoulder.
 
The student looked up at the ahjusshi and gave him a dubious look.
 
Then, with trembling hands, he slowly unwrapped the envelope.
 
Placing his hands carefully into it, he retrieved the hard, rectangular-shaped item from the envelope and a pair of hot tears streamed down his eyes the moment he saw what that was.
 
-
-
-
 
'Call me baby I georineun wanjeon nanriya, Call me baby saramdeul saineun namiya, Call me baby hamkkehaneun mae sungani, Like boom boom boom boom boom~'
 
Argh, I shifted about in my bed once I heard the ringtone. I threw the blanket over my head and cupping both of my ears, I waited for the person to hang up. It finally stopped after a few rings but what upset me was that the person called again once it ended.
 
Irritated, I reached out for my phone unwillingly and slid it to answer it. 
 
"Yobeoseyo?", I said in a croaked voice as my voice box is still warming up for the morning.
"Morning call!", the person chirped happily on the other line. 
"Mwo?", I scratched my head.
"YAH MOON GI-ah, don't tell me that you are really still sleeping?!"
 
Although I could feel myself drifting back into sleep, I still managed to roll my eyes at the person's words.
 
"At least you have some sense to know that I'm still sleeping... Name please?", I yawned, stretched and attempted to rub the sleep out of my eyes. 
 
"OH GOD! YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE", the person literally screamed into my ears, 
 
"Miss, you were the one who asked me to give you a morning call last night! If you still insist on knowing my name, can I ask for you to check your phone instead? I'm sure it has my BIG name on it", 
 
Doing as told, I took a glance at it and argh, the light was blinding my eyes.
 
Kim Namjoon, it read.
 
I placed the phone back onto my ear,
 
"Ah, Kim Namjoon? What's your problem now?"
"More like what's yours?", he snorted.
"Aishhh jinjjya..."
"Jinjjya? Lol? I suggest that you look to the top left hand corner of your room and then probably to what's hanging by your closet now."
 
With sloppy eyes, I managed to make out that he was referring to the clock.
 
 
Then, shifting my gaze to the closet, I saw a set of neatly ironed uniform hanging there. 
 
"OH TTTT!", my eyes widened and I ran my fingers through my hair before bringing the phone back to my ear.
"Look, Namjoon-ah, I will see you later in school!"
 
With that, I ended the call in a flash and grabbed the uniform off the hangers.
 
Washing up, showering, everything was done in top speed. Checking the mirror once more, I buttoned up my blouse, adjusted my skirt and put on the blazer. Then, lifting my hair up, I tied it up into a messy bun. 
 
Good job there Ra Moon Gi, you are already running late on your very first day in college! 
 
Slinging my bag over my shoulders, I hurried out to the living room, only to find my dongsaeng casually enjoying his breakfast. 
 
"Oh, good morning noona", he grinned when he noticed me.
 
I shot him a glare before I raised my voice at him,
 
"YAH! JEON JUNGKOOK! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER?!"
"And why should I?"
"I'm running late on my first day!"
"So what? As long as it's not me."
 
I can't believe him. I gritted my teeth while waiting for my brain to formulate what I should do next. 
 
"Breakfast noona?", he beamed at me yet again while waving a French toast in the air.
"Do I look like I have time for it?", I was already busy putting on my shoes at the door. 
"Well, I'm not sure about that though 'cos it seems like you do have time to argue with me~"
 
He was left in utter shock when I suddenly appeared in front of him.
 
"On a second thought, I think I better have that", I snatched the French Toast off his hands just as he was about to bite it. 
"Toddles!"
 
As I hurried downstairs, I didn't forget to give my parents each a kiss.
 
"Eomma, Appa, I'm off to school now! See you guys later! And", I looked at the number of customers that were already in our cafe, 
 
"Hwaiting!"
 
Once I stepped out of our family cafe, I could already make out that Bus 852 is there at the bus stop. 
 
"WAIT UP!", I yelled as I saw groups of students already boarding the bus. Running as fast as my legs could carry me, I was glad that I managed to catch up. I will be doomed if I had missed it.
 
Panting hard from the chase, I scanned my bus card at the entrance before my eyes went searching for vacant seats. It is going to be a long journey and I wouldn't want to stand all the way to Seoul Academy. In the midst of doing so, I happened to spot one of my best friend, Jung Hoseok seated at the far end of bus. He was wiggling his eyebrows at me and his finger was pointing at some direction. 
 
I traced his finger and my eyes soon landed on a redhead seated not far away from me. Just so, he happened to have an empty spot next to him but from the inside. I winked at Hoseok to thank him for looking out for me and made my way towards that guy. The redhead had his ear piece plugged into his ears so I ended up tapping on his shoulders gently to get his attention. 
 
"What?", he removed one of his earpiece and asked in a language which sounded alien to me.
 
I gulped as I stared blankly into his eyes. Bitting into my bottom lip, I decided to use hand gestures to convey my message.
 
"Ahhh...", my eyes glistened with joy when it seemed like he understood what I was getting at.
"You are asking me if you can sit here right?", he spoke in fluent Korean now.
"Mwo?" 
 
He can speak Korean? Gah, then why didn't he do so in the beginning? I cursed at my stupidity. I must have looked damn idiotic while doing those gestures. 
 
Nevertheless, I continued putting on a smile on my face.
 
"Ne", I replied, but to my dismay, he placed his bag that was initially on his  laps on the empty seat now. 
"Mianhae, but the seat's taken", he threw me a smirk as he said that. 
 
My mouth gaped open at his words and I looked everywhere else, trying to avoid his eyes. 
 
Did this guy over here just rejected me of a seat? 
 
I placed my hand over my forehead and told myself countlessly to simmer down. I walked away from him after which but unable to control myself, I trailed back to his side and pulled out his earpiece just as he was putting it back on. 
 
The redhead looked back up at me, giving me an amused look.
 
Lowering myself down, I leveled my lips to his ears before I whispered softly to him,
 
"YOU. Better not let me meet you in school again", I pressed onto his blazer. 
 
"Nappeun-da."
 
-
-
-
 
All thanks to that redhead, I really stood on the bus for my entire journey to school. Along the way, I would throw him scornful looks occasionally but it seems like he was only living in his own world. 
 
When the bus finally reached the stop for Seoul Academy, my feet were already sore and even worse, all of the students on board started jostling their way out, making me spin in my own spot for a few times. The redhead too didn't forget to push me aside as he made his leave.
 
"Now, will you excuse me?", he said again in that alien language. 
 
I was actually tempted to throw him a punch but fortunately, Hoseok was able to stop that from happening. 
 
"Woo-ri ga-ja", he slipped his arm over mine and led me out of the bus in his safe arms. 
 
As we entered the school premises, we happened to spot Namjoon at the lockers. 
 
"Namjoon-ah! Over here!", I called out to him.
"To the three musketeers!", Hoseok cheered when Namjoon joined us shortly after and we all smacked our books in replacement for drinks.
"You made it!", Namjoon exclaimed right when his eyes met mine.
 
"Yeah, I owe you one. I knew that I could always trust you", I admitted shamefully, "Anyway, I can't believe that we ended up in the same college and class again this time round!"
"Neither can I! Looks like I'm stuck with you guys for another two more years", Namjoon's lips formed a cute pout which earned him a slap on his chest from me.
"YAH! It's an honor for Hoseok and I to be your classmates, right Hoseok?"
 
Hoseok nodded his head approvingly.  Namjoon only laughed heartily at our reactions and dragging the both us along with him, he then announced, 
 
"Alright alright, let's quit talking and head for our first lecture now! Biology at LT1, it says!"
 
When we entered the lecture theatre, most of the seats were already taken by the freshmen. Since we entered late, we ended up having the back row all to ourselves. 
 
"Where's Jr and JB by the way?", Hoseok questioned while I was signing my attendance. 
"Do you still have to ask? Those two smart Alecs must be sitting somewhere up at the front!"
"Seriously? Already on the first day of school?", Hoseok stood up from his seat to confirm it. 
"DAEBAK!", he widened his eyes and the three of us chuckled in harmony.
 
Just as I was handing over the attendance list to Namjoon, someone caught my attention from a far. 
 
Behaving entirely opposite from all of us, that guy seems to be preparing to leave the lecture theatre although the lecture is just about to start. From what I could see, he had a melancholy look on his face and his head was hanging low depressively the entire time as he ambled up the stairs and slowly proceeded to the exit. 
 
During this whole time, I noticed one common action of his. His eyes were always fixed to this thing that he was holding on to in his hands. 
 
"Oh! Mianhae...", I heard him apologizing to one of the latecomers whom he bumped into on his way out. And, that was when I met his eyes despite our distance apart. 
 
He didn't have to say anything. One look into his eyes and they already told me everything. I could see the sorrow in his eyes as clearly as if he was speaking his thoughts and emotions aloud. This lasted for a few seconds before he wiped something off from his eyes and continued his way out. 
 
As I stared at his lonely figure from the back, my hand instinctively reached into something that was in my bag. Taking it out and hanging the strap over my neck, I tapped on Hoseok's table before I left. 
 
"Hoseok-ah, I will be right back. Help me take down the notes and in case I'm still not back when the lecture ends, bring my bag pack along with you. I will call you later."
 
"Where is she going?"
"Molla."
"But she did bring 'Moon' along with her right?"
"Ah, maj-a!", Hoseok snapped his fingers at Namjoon.
"It could be one of her photography instincts again..."