006

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"That's one of Moon Gi's favourite work", a voice echoed from the back just then.

Turning back, Mark was surprised to find Seo-joon leaning against the door already, with his hands stuffed inside the pockets of his jeans.

"Reunion,"
"Hmm?"
"'Reunion', that's the title of this photo", Seo-joon jerked his head towards it and walked towards Mark now. 

"See this little boy here?", he pointed at the photo as he shared the story with Mark, 

"I heard from Moon Gi that he was looking all lonely and desperate at first, but luckily, his abeoji managed to appear just in time to secure him into his arms", his finger then went to the adult in the picture. 

"In my opinion, I feel that this was indeed a heartwarming shot," he smiled and looked up at Mark,

"Don't you think so?"

There was a short period of silence before Mark could manage a faint smile and reply,

"Hmm, I g-guess so..."

Neither did Seo-joon know that in his heart, Mark was actually mocking him sarcastically. 

That was a day which will forever be etched in his memory. And, bull, how could they have considered this as a 'Reunion' when both his mother and brother actually abandoned him on that same day, Mark thought to himself sadly. Shaking his head, he tried not to think of it by blinking away those dark memories and focusing more on the ground, but let's just say he lacked some inner control. It was barely a few seconds that he was about to voice out his real opinion when fortunately, Seo-joon interrupted him. 

"Hold on a minute, what is this?", Seo-joon asked incredulously, his face scrunched into a frown. 

It diverted Mark's attention and now, together with him, the two began to scrutinize the newly added members to the family. 

"Is Moon Gi really having a crush on him or is she just a stalker?", Mark asked innocently and laughed at that thought once his eyes landed on the two photographs of Jin.

However, Seo-joon only waved his index finger at him before he said to him,

"Well, that was what I had thought before that, but after viewing these photos, I finally understand the full picture now", he sighed and massaged his temples. 

"I'm glad she managed to stay with him,"
"Er sorry, but I can't hear you well,"

"YAH! PARK SEO-JOON! I TOLD YOU TO GO UP TO FIND HIM BUT WHAT IS TAKING THE BOTH OF YOU SO LONG? PPAL-LI COME DOWN! I CAN'T HANDLE HERE ANYMORE!", it was then Bomi's voice thundered from downstairs.

This caused Seo-joon to snap out from his thoughts immediately. Gesturing his hand at Mark, he said,

"Lol, you heard her. I guess we better head back down now before someone finds us snooping around Moon Gi's room."

-
-
-

"Moon Gi-ssi, Moon Gi-ssi", I could feel someone shaking my body that I gradually lifted up my heavy eyelids. 

Rubbing my eyes, my vision soon came clear to a figure who was standing in front of me.

"Sunbae, you're still here?", I stared at Jin in shock. 

He nodded his head at me and then lifted up my arm to guide me up.

"Oh? Where we going?"
"Out for dinner and then back home. Your parents got here not long ago and they entrusted you to me for the night,"
"What?", I widened my eyes at him.

"Now noona, stop making a scene here and just go with hyung alright?", I turned my head to find an energetic Jungkook tugging in to his meal now. It has only been an hour that I realised I have slept through, but all of the guys seems to be enjoying a home-cooked meal now except for me. 

"Hey, where did you get those from? Did eomma bring them over?", I peered over their containers of food enviously and even sneaked my hand into V's share when he was not looking. 

"Hyung was the one who brought them over", Jungkook said as he gobbled down another mouthful of food.

"Ne, majayo. Hyung, i-keo jinjjya mas-iss-eoyo," Suga was even showing a thumbs up sign when he looked up at Jin and I. 

My lips started forming a pout and I felt a tinge of jealousy all of a sudden.   With my arms folded across my chest, I pretended to be disappointed in Jin as I said, 

"Sunbae, how come I'm the only one not getting my share?"

The boys burst into laughter at my words and V was the first to respond,

"Because hyung wants to go out on a date with you!"

"He told us that you looked cute when you are sleeping just now," Jungkook commented. 

"Yeah, and he didn't want to leave a bad impression on you as he was also afraid that these home-cooked food wouldn't match your taste", Suga added while grinning.

Looking back at Jin, I gave him a weird expression right after the boys said those things but all he had was a speechless look on his face.

"Nah noona, don't listen to those idiots. They are all spouting nonsense", Jimin could no longer stand their lies so he blurted out.

"If you want to know the reason, blame it on Yoon Gi hyung. He forgot to tell hyung that he was one of us and so, he snatched your share in the end", he finally let the cat out of the bag. 

I narrowed my eyes at Suga in the process but he quickly turned away to avoid my gaze. Picking up his chopsticks, he sneered unpleasantly at Jimin, 

"YAH PARK JIMIN! YOU'VE GOT NO JAMS!"

In a few moment's time, a titter rippled across the otherwise silent room and in those moments of laughter, the temperature in the ward rose a couple of degrees and even I couldn't help but stifle a grin.

It was not long after that my parents returned and they hurried me to head out with Jin. Doing as told, I grabbed the guitar and carried it on my back after I gave all of them a kiss on their cheeks. 

After which, I smiled back at Jin, 

"Sunbae, let's go."

-
-
-

"Hyung, what are you looking for?", Jackson asked as he ruffled his hair dry with his towel.

Ever since he returned to his dorm, Mark has been spending his hours running through all the stuffs in his drawers, cabinet and desk. Slightly stretching his back from the strenuous search, he turned back and questioned, 

"Jackson, have you seen a blue box lying around somewhere?"
"You mean the one with galaxy designs on it?"
"Ma-ja!"
"Hmm, if I'm not wrong, the last time when I cleaned up this room, I think I saw it somewhere underneath your bed,"
"Oh, here it is!", Mark shrieked in delight as he crawled under his bed, retrieved the box and dusted off the top of it. 

Then, opening the lid, he placed his arm in and brought out a photo book. At the same time, Jackson had already scurried over to his side and he began studying the album together with him. 

"Hyung, is that you together with Papa Tuan when you were young?", Jackson chuckled as he pointed to a cute a little boy smiling at the camera in his father's arms. 

"Ne," Mark replied as he studied the picture carefully. Sure enough, it was him. He can confirmed it now. 

"But wait, these colourful houses...", Jackson suddenly seems to have recalled something, 

"Isn't this place GAMCHEON Cultural Village? You live in Busan when you were young?"

-
-
-

"You sure you don't want to eat? I can cook for you if you are really disappointed over that matter...", Jin offered me as he followed my steps to a playground.

I shook my head at him and then smiled weakly.

Placing the guitar next to the pole, I shook the rubber swing seat, sat down and gripped the chains, allowing my body to loll backwards, my sneakers elevating off the spongy tarmac. I could never quite make my mind up about the smell that the chains imprinted onto my palms and fingers. It was somewhat comforting, like a childhood memory, but also unbearable, much like the unpleasant memories.

Jin watched me carefully as I swing back and forth on my own will. I was so focused on my own activity that I didn't even realised him leaving for a short while before returning with two kimbaps in his hands. 

With one hand, he pulled onto the chain of the swing and stopped me. This caused me to look back up at him while he handed me one of the kimbaps.

"Ppal-li meog-eo", he told me before he started munching on his own. 

Silence fell as I took my share from him. Slowly, I started nibbling onto the kimbap, almost burying my head into it. 

"You know, you don't have to keep it all in to yourself. You can speak to me if you want to, I'm a good listener," Jin broke the silence between us as he sat still on his swing. 

This made me stopped eating and I stared vacantly into the empty space in front of me.

"Moon Gi-ssi, by any chance is that guitar actually yours?", Jin asked softly.

Unexpected tears stung my eyes and moments later, those memories came surging through my mind once again.

*FLASHBACK*

"Appa, eodiga?", the five year old me tugged onto his arm as he led me to the train station. 

Slowly releasing my hand, he carried me up first before he sat me down on a nearby bench. Then, he brought down the guitar on his back and placed the cover in front of him. 

"An empty street, an empty house
A hole inside my heart
I'm all alone, the rooms are getting smaller.

I wonder how, I wonder why,
I wonder where they are
The days we had, the songs we sang together, oh, yeah.

And all my love, I'm holding on forever
Reaching for the love that seems so far

So I say a little prayer
And hope my dreams will take me there
Where the skies are blue to see you once again, my love.
Over seas from coast to coast
To find the place I love the most
Where the fields are green to see you once again, my love

..."

He sang while strumming his guitar and as he did so, crowds of people soon started gathering around him. As the performance progressed, some passers-by were even kind enough to toss a few pennies into his guitar cover and by the time he ended the song, the amount of money in it could be said to be enough to fill up our empty stomachs for the next few days. 

"Gamsahabnida, neomu gamsahabnida," woo-ri appa said sincerely as he bowed down to almost everyone. 

After he had gathered his belongings, he ran back to me and hugged me tightly. 

"Moon Gi-ah, see", he lifted up his palm and showed me the bills and coins,

"This is what we have earned for the day! Use it to buy your favourite meal afterwards arrasseo?", he smiled brightly at me and then placed the hard-earned money carefully onto my palms. 

Gently my hair, he said to me again, 

"Appa needs to go somewhere now, take care of the guitar and the money arassji?"

Being young and innocent, I could only nod my head in response. Gradually, I saw him disappearing from my sight but I waited. 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"I waited, and I waited, but he never came back. And, that was when I met the Jeon family," I paused to clear my throat.

Feeling for the locket around my neck, I sniffled as tears fell down my cheeks.

"This was the only photo he left me with and same for the guitar as well. Eomma and appa even tried to help me look for him but he was nowhere to be found,"
"Uljima,"

Jin my back and pulled me into his chest. It was so sudden but the warmth of being with another human being made me feel at peace. There was something so warm, something that felt right and smelt right. In his embrace, I felt my worries loose their keen sting. When he finally pulled back, he held my face and wiped away my tears. Then, I felt him brush my hair back with his fingers before he leaned in closer and closer.

His face was so close to mine now and I could feel both of our hearts thumping. It seems as though he was drawing in for a kiss but I panicked. Before he managed to close in the final gap, I shuffled my feet back and backed out. 

The atmosphere grew really awkward now as Jin scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment. 

"Mianhae,"
"Mianhae,"

We both then said together which added on to the awkwardness.

So, shuffling back my feet, I pulled the chains above my head and then released, trying hard to avoid meeting his eyes as far as possible. 

-
-
-

The journey back to her home was equally awkward but Jin could manage it.

"Here you go," he handed her her guitar once they arrived at COFFEE TERIOR.

"Thank you", she said softly before she disappeared into the door.

From there, Jin didn't move an inch as he watched until the downstairs lights were off and he saw her shadow moving behind the filmy curtains of her bedroom. When the lights of the second floor was finally off, then could he heave a sigh of relief before he walked away. 

However, his fingers soon traced to his lips and his other hand felt for his chest where he could feel his heart beating real fast.

"Gosh, what is this feeling?", he muttered under his breath and shook his head as he slowly strolled back home.