022

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

The cold onshore breeze blew right through my sweater as I bowed my head to one side, closing my eyes to keep out the salty sting. It has been for awhile since I started taking a stroll along the beach which was just in front of our hotel.

Minutes into the aimless walking, I finally felt for a spot and then quietly settling myself down, I let the dampness of the sand make its way through my jeans as I hugged my knees close and take in the scenery before me. My hair fell loose about my face, tousled and tangled. 

Under the night sky, I could see the twinkling stars and hear the waves lapping like the ticking of a more leisurely clock, but never telling me the time, never demanding that I should get over it and done with in order to move on. 

Mark's confession to me kept rewinding in my head and in fits of frustration, I ruffled my hair agitatedly. 

It wasn't that I didn't like him. 

I just didn't see that coming so soon and that, definitely caught me off guard. I shut my eyes tight and shook my head, feeling troubled and depressed. 

I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Mark. But, other than that, I really didn't know how I should react. I'm an idiot, I know, I let out a loud sigh. 

During the previous encounter, even though Mark made a clear cut confession to me, I kept insisting that Bora was actually the one he wanted to confess to, just that he may not have the guards to do so and thus, using me as an excuse to cover it all up. After which, I tried my best to wriggle out of his grip, but his arms held me firmly in place with an unexpected strength. The raspy voice that whispered near my ear was filled with a painful longing. 

"Don't do this to me Moon Gi, I really mean it now,"

A chill ran down my spine but despite his pleas, I gave him a hard push and took the chance to escape. However, as I poked my head back behind the wall to peep at him a few seconds later, the last thing I saw was him picking up Kumamon from the ground before stomping off angrily. 

The waves suddenly crashed and the inky water grew closer and closer to me, soon kissing my toes through my socks. The frigid brine quickly wicked up the wool and it was in a matter of seconds that my feet turned icy cold. 

"What are you doing alone out here in this cold, dark night?" 

A sudden voice from the back made me jump and when I whipped my head around, I saw a shadow dressed in his pajamas, but with this weird combination of a jacket on top of it. 

Slowly, he came over to my side, sat down beside me and taking off his jacket, he laid it gently over our pairs of legs. 

I felt a shiver down my spine, then he peered into my eyes. I sneaked a glimpse at his face. Seeing this side to him always had my heart beating faster, but swallowing the lump in my throat, I replied him.

"Just needed some alone time to think through about some things," I pressed my lips together and turning to face him, I asked,

"What about you?"

I noticed that he was looking straight all the time as he rested his  arms at the back of his trunk for support. 

"Believe it or not, but I was somehow kicked out of my room," he let out a soft chuckle as he spoke,

"My partner doesn't seem to like me and I feel as though he was holding some grudges against me,"

I dropped dead at his words as I knew that it probably has got something to do with me. 

"Sorry", I said to him.

"Lol, why are you apologizing?", he laughed and then turned to face me. 

My eyebrows arched into a frown right when I saw his face and letting my fingers caressed it unknowingly, I asked worriedly,

"Sunbaenim, what happened... To you face?"

He held onto my hand and brought it down from his face. 

"It's nothing, just minor scratches," he shrugged.

"Did you two got into a fight?"
"Nonsense. Will an angel like me fight?"

I frowned even deeper once he mentioned that.

"There, I knew it. So Mark was the only beast,"
"Hey, I wasn't implying that-"
"It's okay, Jin. Nan al-ayo,"

I placed my hand on my chest and nodded my head at him. He remained silent but then as though he had heard something wrongly previously, he eyed me suspiciously,

"By the way, what did you just call me?"

"Jin?", I jerked my head back up at him and I saw him widening his eyes.

"Sorry, I mean I know I should address you by sunbaenim-"

"No, I actually like the sound of it," he broke into a smile,

"Call me Jin will do, and if you want, Oppa maybe?"

As I sat there frowning as I couldn't understand how he could still joke in this kind of situation, Jin puts his finger right in the middle of my eyebrow. 

"Hey, don't make that face. You'll get wrinkles,"

He grinned as he peered deep into my eyes.

"If you've got anything that's bothering you in your mind, please, share with me. There's a reason why I'm here,"

His hand found its way to mine and gently giving me a squeeze as a form of reassurance, I inhaled deeply and told him the truth. 

"I'm sorry for Mark's behaviour towards you, but I'm guessing that his mood was probably affected by me," I choked on my words,

"He confessed to me a while ago, and I...", I took a short pause,

"Kind of rejected him..."
"Dahaeng-ida,"

His hand suddenly squeezed mine and the sound of his kind voice shockingly filled me with relief.  

"Jin?", I gave him a skeptical look but he averted his gaze away from mine.

"Moon Gi-ssi, let me ask you a question," he said with his gaze still fixed towards the front.

"You did turn up on that day right? For our movie date?"

His sudden question hit so close to the mark that I could only blink for a second. 

"I know you didn't ditch me," 

Seeing that I didn't reply, he continued on. 

"I saw you as I went up the bus with Bora," he gulped, 

"I wanted to run back to you but then, I saw Mark. I saw him watching you from the back with those pair of eyes and ever since, I knew that he liked you. I thought that you would be safe in his arms but when I returned home, something weird occurred," 

Gradually, he lifted up my hand and placed it over his chest. 

"This was the sign. It was telling me otherwise,"

We stared back at each other for what seemed like hours until he finally dropped his gaze.

"And there's one more thing," his voice was quieter now, less sure. 

He looked back up at me, a gentle flush of pink had arisen in his cheeks that made him look so vulnerable. I held my breath as he then leaned in and tentatively pressed his soft lips to mine. My head had gone hazy and my body became stagnant at the sensation of his lips against mine. 

Am I dreaming again? 

Just as I was going to lose myself in this moment, he retreated, a look of discomfiture on his face.

"The previous kiss at the rooftop, as well as today's, it both meant something to me. But, I always wonder, what about you?" 

He had a look of uncertainty on his face and I could feel his palms sweating from my hands. Nevertheless, I evaded his prying question, smiling the whole time. 

From his face, I could tell that Jin was getting a little impatient waiting for my reply so it was then, I swallowed, held my breath and decided to take the initiative. 

My eyes searched his and I leaned into him, giving him a gentle peck on his lips. 

"Does this answer your question?"

With an impeccably confident grin, I made this declaration to him.

Jin was stunned by my action at first but as I stopped and inched away, his eyes drifted down to my lips yet again before he pulled me in closer to his chest, kissing me so deeply, making my mind go completely blank. My heart beats faster as he nibbled onto my lips when suddenly, a spray of water doused our faces. 

"This can't be happening," Jin drew back immediately and looked up at the nightsky. 

Raindrops alighted on our faces like soft kisses of ice, running down to drip from our jaws. Removing the jacket from our laps, Jin stuffed it  into my arms before he scooped me up with his strong arms.

"Yah yah yah, what are you doing?" I started screaming as he held me up in bridal style. 

"Now, stop moving about. You are heavy and not anyone can take your weight," he joked, making me glare at him. 

Now, this was one new side to Jin. 

"Are you trying to say that I'm fat?" I retorted and hit him playfully on his arm but he stole a kiss from my lips again.

"Did I tell you that I like you because you are pretty?" He smiled and bouncing up to balance out the weight properly, he warned,

"Now on the count of three, we are going to charge back to the hotel. So, hang on tight," 

He secured my arms around his neck and at the next moment, the rainy night was filled with our joy and laughter as he swirled me around before finally reaching our destination. 

-
-
-

"Care to explain to me what's going on?"

Standing at the door, Bora stared at Jin and I, wide-eyed. As I had forgotten to bring along the room card with me, I had to ring the doorbell to get her to open up.

"Sunbaenim, I-"
"Okay, you know what? There's no need for explanation," 

She went back into the room, grabbed some of her belongings and then walked out of it.

"I'm guessing that you guys talked it through, and don't worry about me. I will just join Hyorin and the rest of my team members for the night. You two have my blessing," 

With that, she waved her hands at us before disappearing down the corridor.

"I d-didn't exactly mean to intrude," Jin gave an apologetic look but holding onto his hand, I dragged him into our room nonetheless. 

I went to the bathroom to get him a spare towel and then throwing it over his head, I stood on my toes and helped him in wiping his hair dry. He caught my waist in no time and pulling me towards him, he whispered into my ear, 

"You need to change out of these too or I might flip," 

Looking down at my own shirt, I realised that it was white and now that the rain got onto me, the shirt became a see through. Blushing hard, I pushed him away quickly and went to the bathroom for a quick change of attire. 

Once I stepped out of it, I picked up the first aid kit I have prepared for the trip and pulled Jin down to sit beside me. 

"Stay still," I ordered and getting out a cotton bud and the ointment, I pressed it gently against the wound beside the corner of his eyes and also on his cheeks.

Jin flinched a little due to the pain but as he soon got used to it, I noticed that he was staring at me the entire time. 

When I was done, I was preparing to get up from the bed but he pulled me down to sit on his lap. 

"Tell me that I'm not dreaming," he mouthed softly and so, I pressed hard onto his cheeks.

"Owww," he winced his pain but knowing that it was a good sign, he then leaned in, dipping his face close to my neck. 

"Moon Gi-ssi, you are my girlfriend now, right?"

He turned to me with a princely smile just inches away from my face. 

With a nod, I acknowledged the status and cupping both my hands on his cheeks, I could see Jin's eyes glistening with joy. 

"Anyway, can you accompany me to somewhere after tomorrow's activity?"
"Sure, where to?"
"I want you to meet eomma,"