020

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"Moon Gi-ssi, do you happen to like Jin?"

"I don't know," I hedged, taken aback by her sudden question. 

I subtly glanced over at her pretty face as she stared forward, back at the door. Then, taking a deep breath, she told me,

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not here to stop you from liking him," she shook her head and continued,

"Instead, could you please do me favour?"
"What,"
"Please, stay with Jin. Make him happy," 

Bora's words fell out of like vapour but landed in my guts as shrapnel and I swear I felt my insides churn. I knew that by right, I should be laughing inside, as that would mean that I had lost a competitor but in actual fact, I couldn't bring myself to do that. 

Bora's eyes were cold like I've never seen and her features were immobile. She looked crushed and I understood that it must have taken her lots of courage to give up on Jin. 

Taking a few seconds to sort out her feelings, she then looked back at me, took my hands and held them tightly in hers.

"Moon Gi-ssi, Jin...," she took a pause to blink away those tears that were slowly forming at the corners of her eyes,

"He likes you,"

I let my hands fall as soon as she said that. There was silence in the elevator once again and none of us spoke for the next few seconds. I am really trying to understand the words she's  telling me but I can't. It can't be.

I stared at Bora while she leaned in and nodded her head at me, trying to prompt me to agree with her. But just then, the door of the elevator opened and there stood Mark.

Lowering down his head a little, he acknowledged our presence swiftly before Bora dragged me out and allowed him to enter.

"Anyway, I hope that I got the message through to you. For now, let's just place our luggage back in our room before proceeding down to join the rest," she said but this time, I wasn't paying any attention to her.

Strangely, as I took my leave, I started wondering about what I noticed that was weird about Mark.

His smile, as he walked through the door was a complete turnaround from the expression I had glimpsed just few moments before. 

I thought I actually saw tears. 

---

"Alright all, may I get your attention please," Mr Park spoke through the megaphone as soon as all of the members were gathered outside the hotel. 

"As mentioned before, this orientation camp will last for 3D2N, so to start off with, the school has set aside missions for all of you to complete. The mission cards will be distributed to all teams the first thing every morning and you will have until 6pm to complete them. The final battle and campfire will fall on the last night and from there, we will select a winner. For now, Donghyun-ssi shall distribute today's mission to all teams,"

I saw Mr Park gesturing for the girl who was standing next to him to start moving but as his eyes glanced over at Jungkook's side, he seemed to notice something. 

"Jeon Jungkook," he called out.

"I see that you've got some friends who came along with you. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they join your team, since you guys are outnumbered by the rest,"

Jimin, Suga and V looked up to face him. 

"ASA!!!", they all cheered and then coming together in one circle, Hoseok pulled me in to join them as they slowly unfold the envelope with the mission card it in.

MISSION ONE:

All members of the team are to submit a stage name and to undergo a full transformation to prepare for an individual and group photo shoot. The objective of this mission is to develop a sense of identity and to allow you to come up with a concept that you are working towards to. This mission is crucial and it will be graded along with the battle on the final day. All the best. 

"Stage name? Now that's a tough one," Jungkook took a step back from the rest and he bit into his nails and thought hard. 

"It's not necessary though. If you feel that you are fine with your real name, I'm sure that you can always just stick with it," I suggested to him. 

On the other hand, the rest were already pretty much excited about it. Of course, Hoseok decided on calling himself J-Hope long ago whereas Namjoon had a really unexpected name.

"Rap Monster, what do you think about it?", he looked at me skeptically.

"It does sounds fine to me. Unless you want to change it to destruction monster, since you are best at breaking things?", I chuckled. He gave me a false punch in the air and scooting off, I went over to Jimin's side this time. 

"Hey, get your hands off him," Suga swatted my hands away from Jimin's right when I secured my arms around him. 

"He may be mine already but still, I feel insecure whenever you are around him," he glared at me, making me giggle in the process.

"So Jimin, what's in your mind?"
"Hmm... I guess I will just stick with Jimin? I don't need fanciful names,"

"No, you shall be named Tea," Suga threw his arm over Jimin's shoulder and pulled him closer until their faces were touching.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Because you are my cup of Tea and you will need Suga if you want it to be sweet," he winked while I shuddered from this hair standing conversation. 

"You alright? Are you cold?", Jin hopped over to me with a worried look on his face. 

"No, just a little grossed out," I made a face at Suga before facing Jin. 

He likes you, Bora's words pounded in my head once my eyes met his, but just as I opened my mouth and wanted to speak to him more, the stylists started calling for all of them to gather. 

"I will see you later for the photo shoot," Jin waved goodbye to me as he ran along to join the rest. 

---

While waiting for everyone to get ready, I sat by at Starbucks along with Seo-joon oppa. Due to the tight budget the school has and for convenience sake, we two were the so called photographers for the club. 

Sipping to my Caramel Frappuccino while reading the book in my hands, I was so into it until I felt someone tapping his fingers on the table. 

I looked up at him, only to find him smiling creepily at me.

"What?" I demanded out of him impatiently.

"Do you like Mark?"

His question caught me off guard and I, sadly was taking a sip again from my drink and this made me spat out the contents and almost choke to death. 

"Excuse me," I wheezed, calmed myself down a little and coughed, before looking up at him with a look of absurdity. 

"Don't look at me like that. I'm just asking. 'Cos he seems to really like you," as he said, he pointed towards the direction where Mark was sitting at. 

"You can't be serious,"
"Oh yes I am. Trust me, I'm a good observer," Seo-joon oppa wiggled his eyebrows and smirked. 

"I have counted," he started wriggling his fingers before showing me a sign,

"Seven times. He had looked over here for this number of times and see see see! Omfg, he's getting up and walking towards our direction now. Oh no, that means that I better excuse myself. I will leave you two to talk," 

With that being said, he hurried off instantly despite my pleas. And true enough, Mark soon strolled over to my side and took the seat in front of me.

Taking feature by feature, Mark sure looked different. It's not just that he had good looks. He has this kind of aura that really comes out in these situations and a normal person could never pull this sort of outfit off.

I didn't even realised that I was idiotically staring at him until he snapped his fingers at me,

"Earth to, monkey," 
"M-mwo?"

He leaned forward and grasped my chin. I could feel his body temperature via the touch on my face, and it might just be my imagination, but I felt my heart beating faster.

Slowly, his fingers tugged onto my lips and his eyes trailed to meet mine. He snorted before gently lifting up my chin until the clanking of my teeth was heard. 

"Yah, get yourself together. You might wanna close that mouth of yours before your saliva starts drooling all over," 

Immediately, I glanced away from him, as if to gloss it over but he just wouldn't stop teasing me.

"I know I'm irresistible right now but it's too late. I don't love you anymore," he waved me off but this time, I lunged for his hair again.

"You say more again and I swear I will pluck every single strand of your hair out,"
" you crazy monkey! I purposely changed my hair colour to blond and yet, you are attacking me! I really don't get you sometimes,"
"Have I not mention before? I don't fancy blondies either,"

Mark yelped in pain and finally, after a few minutes, I decided to let go of him.

"What are you doing here anyway?" 
"I see that you are quite bored so I decided to accompany you,"
"I don't need your company,"

He looked hurt at first and for a moment, he shut up, pouting. Laughing at his cute expression, I gave him a gentle pat on the head.

"Well, I don't exactly despise it tho," I shrugged and his entire face lighted up again. 

"Say, do you mind going somewhere with me tonight?"

I eyed him suspiciously. 

"Chill. And please don't judge me. I'm still in the right state of mind. I'm not asking you on a date. The boys will be tagging along too. It's just an invitation,"
"Right," I nodded my head and listened to his long winded explanation.

"If that's the case, I don't see a reason to turn down your offer. But, it better me somewhere good,"
"Trust me," 

I doubled up at his confidence level and as my eyes darted around, I noticed that Namjoon was signaling for me to head over now as his team is probably ready for their shoot. 

"Converse, Converse, I really hate Converse," I confirmed it once I saw Suga appearing from the back. He should be the last person to get ready as I believed that it must have took him long to finally put on that pair of Red Converse highcut.

Sneaking a laughter, I stood up from my seat and turned to Mark,

"It's time for me to start work now, so I guess I will see you later?"

With a cryptic smile, he sees me off. 

---

Mark smiled softly. 

Although Jackson was shouting frantically for him to join the team soon, he couldn't be bothered about them, as his mind was only on her. He stared at the seat before him, the Frappuccino she had left behind and then at her back, which was slowly disappearing down to Jin's team. 

"Ra Moon Gi, why do you have to go to him?", he whispered softly, only loud enough for himself to hear.

Their brotherhood might be falling apart, just as much as it ever was, but he'd now found his love and not a thing or a person could ever take that away. Whenever he's with her, the people that passed him didn't irritate him any longer. 

"You're so beautiful. And, I have to make you mine, only mine," he uttered.

Now, Moon Gi was busy with setting up the equipments and seeing that she might need some help, Mark stood up from his seat abruptly but just then, his phone started ringing. 

Pulling his phone out from his pocket, he rested it over his ear but right when he took his first stride, he could only watch helplessly at Jin, who had already ran over to Moon Gi's side in no time. 

"Yi En-ah," it was then the person on the other line got him back to his senses.

Bringing his phone down, he checked the Caller ID quickly. 

Papa Tuan.

"I heard that you are in Busan," 
"Yes, Dad,"
"Are you free tomorrow?"
"Why," Mark seemed a little uneasy right now.

"Should we visit her together?"