011

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"How's your day unnie?", I appeared behind the counter after changing into my casual wear. Helping myself to a cup of smoothie, I leaned back onto the table as I waited for her to reply. 

Shaking her head, Bomi looked at me and frowned hard. 

"Business ain't really good these mornings and I'm starting to worry if it's my problem...", she pressed her lips together, 

"It's not that peak hours have changed but look at what's happening now," as she said, she pointed towards the sudden surge of girls who were making a beeline at the cashier. 

"Oppa~ What do you like to drink?"
"Oppa, which ones out of the menu would you recommend?"
"Oppa, what's the sweetest dessert you have in store?"
"Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?"

In the middle of the crowd, I managed to make out a stuck-out hand outshining the rest. Funnily to say, he was actually in the midst of trying his best to cool his fellow fans down. 

"Hold up ladies, one by one please," he shot them all a charming smile which sent everyone flying.

Over there at the cashier, Mark was just casually taking in orders. Occasionally, he would exchange a few words with the ladies before scribbling down their orders onto the plastic cups. Then, his last step would be to slide them over to our side whilst informing Bomi about it,

"Noona, two strawberry frappes for these two beautiful ladies here," he says before switching his attention back to the next one in the queue.

"Ne, got it," Bomi replied him instantly and when she turned back to face me, she squealed,

"See what I mean?"

I nodded my head and chuckled to myself right away. So, it all started out when Mark joined our crew. He has ever since garnered a huge crowd for after school hours and some of our frequent morning customers even swopt their patronizing hours to this timing in order to catch a glimpse of him. 

I couldn't help but to laugh even harder when I studied Bomi from head to toes now. 

As she was busy making the orders, just wouldn't stop complaining on how Mark have snatched her customers away. I know, it is not suppose to be funny but I found her rather cute to say. However, I soon felt a little bad and wanting to make her feel better, I placed my hand over her shoulder and gave her a few comforting pats.

"Oh come on unnie, you are not too bad yourself, look," I pointed to a table far across the end, 

"There are still some who turned up for you,"

She turned her back swiftly at this glimmer of hope, but after taking a glance at that person, all she did was to snarl at me. 

"Yah, jugg-eullae?"
"Ani-ya," I grinned, 

"But hey, at least you've got a supportive boyfriend there. Just saying,"
"Yeah, and he's the main reason why my popularity went down. He's always here to scare my boys away intentionally,"

Speaking of the devil, it didn't take him long for his face to show up at the counter.

"Just what were you two talking about me back then? I saw you pointing your finger at me," Seo-joon oppa narrowed his eyes at me, 

"Anyway, jagiya~ Is my cappuccino ready?"

From her face, I could tell that Bomi was pretty annoyed already and so, I took the chance to sneak out before it's too late. Taking a glance at the clock, I then realised that it is about time to drop by the basement to meet up with Jungkook now.

Gathering my belongings, I was heading out when I felt someone holding me back by my wrist. 

"Hey pretty, just where are you heading to? You've not taken my order," the person said.

To think that I actually took the effort to nicely explain to him that I was leaving and that all orders should be done at the cashier, that guy was however not kind enough to let me go.

Instead, he pulled me down using his arm strength and I ended up sitting on his laps. Then, his limber fingers reached out and took a gentle hold of my chin.

"But I want you to take my order," he winked at me flirtatiously, 

"Anyway, the name's Kim Myungsoo, but you can call me L,"

Damn, this boy has got some nerves to touch me and he's just isn't aware of the right timing. 

I was just about to push him away when I felt another strong pair of arm circling around my waist before he lifted me up. Once he was done so, he pulled me behind his back and signaled for me to leave before giving Myungsoo a broad smile. 

"Hi, Mark Tuan at your service," I heard him say.

-
-
-

When at last I arrived at the basement, I realised that the door was left ajar and it was pitched dark looking in from the outside. It was odd for it to be left open in this time of the night, but thinking that Jungkook has probably arrived before me, I daringly approached the door and called out,

"Kookie-ah, are you there?"

There was no answer. 

Despite so, I pushed the door and it swung open with ease. Then carefully, I felt for the very first step before feeling for the corners of the wall for the rest of my journey down.  It was all smooth sailing until I accidentally tripped on one of the steps. 

"Yahhhhhhhhhhh," my screams echoed across the dark, silent basement. Everything was black and I found myself falling in this darkness, hurtling to an invisible floor. A floor that would most likely kill me if I continued to fall at this speed. Along the way, I even banged into a huge solid substance which was in my way. Cold air pushed against my face and I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable. 

Time always seems to slow down when you're falling but when my journey eventually ended, it was not a cold, hard ground that I was feeling. Instead, I felt a warm cushioned-liked feeling beneath me and... It feels like a human body. 

And then suddenly, it hit me. 

My mind began throbbing and I was all prepared for the worst, picturing in my mind that someone had probably sneaked in and attacked Jungkook, but it was then that I heard a groan coming from him. 

"Kookie-ah, are you alright?", I asked worriedly but the voice that replied to my words shocked me, 

"Moon Gi-ssi, is that you?"

This voice. It sounds like, Jin. 

Mentally slapping myself for not thinking of this idea earlier on, I fished out my phone from my pocket hurriedly and activated the torchlight function.

Shining the bright light towards his direction, I gasped when my eyes met his. 

Jin was staring back into my eyes and for a few seconds, the two of us were loss for words. 

It took me quite sometime to notice the awkward position we were in and when I finally did, I stumbled to get up from him asap, not forgetting to mouth a quick "Sorry" in the process.

Once I stood up, I could tell that he was also attempting to get up from the ground. So, feeling ashamed that I had actually fell onto him, I offered my hand and helped him up.

"Thanks," I could even make out his smile in the dark. But actually, by now, our eyes were already accustomed to the darkness here, so we could see each other more clearly. 

While fidgeting about in the same position, Jin then reached his hand towards his back and scratched his nape. 

"So-"
"I-"

The both of us happened to speak at the same time. 

"Erm, you go ahead. Ladies first," he pointed out.

"Ani-ya, you first. I forgot what I wanted to say," I lied shamelessly as I was slightly embarrassed by the entire situation now. 

So, clearing his throat, Jin spoke, 

"W-what are you d-doing here Moon Gi-ssi?"
"Kookie told me to meet him here. He said that the band wanted to show me something,"
"Jinjja?", by now, Jin was giving me a surprised look. 

"'Cos I happened to receive the same message from him as well," he announced and this caused me to furrow my eyebrows.

WAIT. SEOL MA. 

"Don't tell me that they-"
"Set us up," Jin finished off the sentence for me. 

I leaned back and fell onto the sofa behind me. 

Ohmygosh, those boys. They will never grow up, will they? 

Silence fell between us once again and all I could do was to sigh hard. Even though the band specially planned this opportunity for us, I felt that it was however making our relationship more awkward. Besides, it was only days into that I have met Jin, so most accurately to say, I am also not very close to him in the first place.

Standing up on my feet, I gestured for Jin to leave the place since we were here for no reason but he held me back. 

"Since we are here, let's just stay for awhile," he mumbled softly into my ears. 

Then, he snuck his hand into mine, gripped it tight and led me back to settle down on the sofa. 

"Wait here," he told me as he went off to get some stuff. And when he finally returned, he was back with a guitar in his hands. 

*cough cough* 

He cleared his throat. 

"Mianhae, it has been long since I played this, so do allow me to have some time to adjust the chords," he smiled pleasantly and soon, began strumming the guitar. 

And then, without even giving me any notice beforehand, he started singing, 

"If only I had just one day
I want to peacefully fall asleep intoxicated with your sweet scent

If there’s a chance in my busy schedule
I want to put my body in your warm and deep eyes

I like that, your long, straight hair
Your breathtaking neck when you put it up and the strands that fall out
Wherever we go, my handbag is your waist

Yo ma honey, whenever I see you, I run out of breath
Like the streets of Myeongdong, our BGM is the sound of breathing
Your voice when you say my name

I wanna be locked in you and swim in you, I want to know you more
An explorer venturing through your deep forest of mystery

I appreciate the masterpiece that is you because your existence alone is art
I imagine this all night every day because it’s a meaningless dream anyway

Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day, if I can hold your hands
Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day (just one day)
If only we can be together
(Do It Do It Do It)
I hope I can be with you for just one day
(Do It Do It Do It)

Having a party party with only you
(Do It Do It Do It)
I hope I can be with you for just one day
(Do It Do It Do It)

A party party with only you
If only I could do that, how nice would it be~
..."

Subconsciously, I leaned my head against Jin's shoulder as I closed my eyes and took in his music. 

Sometimes, I really do wonder. 

Were we ever strangers? I'm not sure if we were. 'Cos that day when I first saw him, there was something even then, though I didn't know what. It was not just a 'project' like what I have mentioned before, but there was just something more to it, something I couldn't find the right words to put it as. Just, something. 

Gahhhh, scratch that. 

Shortly after, Jin finally reached the end of the song. Being extremely satisfied with it, I clapped my hands and asked, 

"What's the name of this song? How come I haven't heard of it before?"
"Just One Day. And to answer the next question, that's because I just wrote in my mind a while ago," he laughed. 

I widened my eyes at him as I was totally impressed. 

"Sunbae, you're really good at this,"
"If you want, you can too,"

I jerked my head up when I heard those words of his.

"Right, that's reminds me," I reached out for the guitar in his hands and strummed a few chords playfully. 

"Thank you for repairing my guitar. It meant a lot to me," I confessed, but after taking a short pause, I asked again, 

"B-but, why did you do that? I m-mean normal people wouldn't do that much to a s-stranger whom he has just met a few days ago, r-right?"

. I totally didn't know what I was trying to get at. Jolly well, I knew that one of the reasons could be what Seo-joon oppa had mentioned - about him being in debt to me, but I don't exactly know what I was anticipating.

"Because... You mean a lot to me too,  now," 

I laughed at the absurdity of it all, making him turn red in the face. 

Jin, so it was because that I'm your savior, so I mean a lot to you now?

When I look at him inquisitively, he suddenly averts his gaze. 

And no wonder, he's even avoiding me now. Maybe I did ask too much. 

"I'm sorry, I-", before I could continue on, a sudden weird sound caused me to jump back in fright. 

"Who's that?", Jin asked reflexively as he too, heard it. 

Then, from some distance away, I noticed a few shadows. 

Levitating a foot off the ground, the shadows started drifting towards us. Slowly, it came into focus like an object looked at through a telescope, but this phantom was close, very close. At first, its whisper was like the soft susurration of the wind in the trees, then as the ghost became more clear, more sharply focused, the whisper became an eerie rasping voice, and groaning. Now, we could see the form of a few young man dressed in hipsters style, balancing on a skateboard, staring back at us with smiling eyes.

"YAH", I bellowed, 

"JEON JUNGKOOK, PARK JIMIN, KIM TAEHYUNG, MIN YOON GI! YOU GUYS ARE SO BUSTED!