010

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

The walk to school was in complete silence. Although every now and then, Bora would sneak a few glances at Jin, she still couldn't bring herself to speak to him normally. Somehow, her heart would always flutter whenever she meet his eyes and that was one huge problem. 

 
On the other hand, Jin had no idea how Bora felt. For in his mind, he couldn't help thinking about how Moon Gi would react when she sees her guitar all intact now. While whistling to a happy tune, he felt for the strap around his chest and smiled  in satisfaction. 
 
"J-jin?", Yoon Bora finally plucked up her courage and called him.
 
"Mhmm?", he raised his head and looked at her.
 
"I hope that I'm not being nosey but why didn't you come to school yesterday?"
 
Jin raised an eyebrow at her which left her all flustered. 
 
"S-sorry, y-you can ignore my question,"
"Nah, it was nothing much already," Jin then waved her off,
 
"I was expecting some visitors yesterday but I ended up being busy with some packing up,"
"Oh I see... You know, you can call me anytime if you need help though. I can always send woori appa down as well," Bora blinked her eyes several times as she let that string of sentence come out from . In her mind, she was already cursing herself repeatedly for expressing her feelings for him so easily. 
 
But fortunately for her, Jin couldn't see through anything. All he did was to chuckle before he thanked her for the offer. 
 
"Omo, jinjja gomawoyo but I'm done with it. I managed to move everything yesterday," Jin grinned. 
 
The way he smiled made Bora's heart thump even faster and she was even blushing moments later. 
 
She was about to question him about his new residence when Jin suddenly cut off her words.
 
"Bora-ah, I will see you later in class alright? I have something to pass to my friend right over there now," he said it so quickly and with that, he gave her an apologetic bow before he hopped off to the figure he had spotted some distance away from him, leaving Bora standing alone at the entrance, dumbfounded. 
 
"Moon Gi-ssi~!", she then heard him shout.
 
-
-
-
 
"Moon Gi-ssi~!"
 
As I turned my body away from the two and continued walking with Mark, I heard this sudden call. However, all I thought was that it might be some hallucination I might have but it was all until I felt someone tugging on to my sleeve. 
 
I looked up and shot him a glare before I asked him irritatedly, 
 
"Yah redhead, what's your problem?"
"Your crush's calling you,"
"I told you that he's not my- WAIT, WHAT?!"
"Moon Gi-ssi,"
 
After a few moment of contemplation, Jin was already standing in front of me and I gulped in shock. 
 
Without me saying anything, he retrieved the strap around his shoulder and placed it over my neck. During this entire moment, all I could do was to stare at whatever he was doing. Mark, as well was taken aback by his sudden action but once he was done, he gave me the sweetest smile he could ever show. 
 
"And there you go! I hope that you will feel better now," Jin looked straight into my eyes and I felt so intimated that I desperately wanted to avoid his gaze. 
 
As I swallowed hard, my hand hesitantly went and felt for the strap around my chest. It was then I finally got what he meant and my head immediately shot up to face him, 
 
"Sunbae, I-"
"Look Moon Gi-ssi, I have a class which is starting soon so I better get going now. I will talk to you later! Jalga!"
"Wait!", I tried to hold him back but it was too late. He had already disappeared down into the building and the hallway. 
 
My eyes were still searching for his back and when he was finally out of my sight, I trailed softly, 
 
"Gomapseumnida," 
"Erm, you're welcome?"
 
My eyes shot up at Mark, who has been watching us all along.
 
"NOT YOU!"
 
-
-
-
 
"Hyung, does anyone mind telling me what has gotten into my noona?", Jungkook watched worriedly as for the past thirty minutes while everyone was busy eating, Moon Gi has been spacing out and she looked as though she wasn't even aware of her dongsaeng's existence. 
 
Bambam too, was concerned as he could be seen poking his head at Moon Gi time after time, but he couldn't get her attention as well. 
 
"Noona looks as though she is-"
"In love," Hoseok added on to Yugyeom's words before he managed to continue. 
 
At this instance, everyone widened their eyes at Moon Gi but still, she couldn't sense anything.
 
"She's in real deeeeeep ," Jr commented whereas Jackson was giving them all a weird look.
 
"Hey, am I the only one who doesn't understand this? If she's really in love, aren't you guys suppose to be feeling happy for her?", Jackson scratched his head.
"You idiot," it was then Mark who interrupted him. 
 
Namjoon only gave a sigh, giving the cue for JB to share with the rest their real opinion. 
 
"Jackson-ah, it's not what you think. It's something bad that Moon Gi is currently experiencing now, it's-"
"WAIT A MINUTE!", Hoseok suddenly butted in, making the rest to hold on to their breaths,
 
"LET ME ANSWER THAT!", he adjusted his posture before switching his expression to a more solemn look,
 
"It's a one-sided love,"
 
Upon announcing that, everyone at the table shook their heads in sympathy, except for one person. 
 
Mark turned to his side to study the expression on Moon Gi's face again. 
 
"This stupid monkey," he muttered, before he reached out and flicked on her forehead, hard. 
 
-
-
-
 
"Yeow!", I yelped in pain and eventually snapped out from my thoughts when I felt a sharp pain on my forehead. 
 
Once I looked up, I was however, surprised to find everyone else looking at me. I squinted my eyes again to make out a proper vision from the daze I was experiencing a while ago. 
 
"Yah Kookie-ah, when did you get here?", I raised my eyebrows at him and following which, I turned to face Bambam and Yugyeom too, 
 
"And same for you two,"
"I swear that the very first question you should have asked was "When did I even got here?"", Hoseok appeared into the picture and as usual, he earned a kick from me for making fun of me. 
 
I cleared my throat and spoke sternly,
 
"Dude, I'm serious here,"
"And SO ARE WE," Jr commented.
 
During which, Jackson was already holding on to my hand and that sad puppy look he was giving me seriously bothered me a lot. 
 
"I feel that still, you should choose photography," Mark, who was sitting right next to me finally spoke up and he uncrossed his arms and stood up right after he said that to me.
 
"Otherwise, you would be wasted. Just a piece of advice, I wouldn't want to see your efforts going down to the drain just because of a guy,"
"What are you trying to say?"
"Just saying, you can choose not to listen,"
 
Shrugging his shoulders, he then left the table and walked off. 
 
-
-
-
 
Upon leaving the table, he soon found himself in front of the mirror in one of the gents. Splashing the cold water flowing from the tap onto his face, he smacked both of his cheeks hard.
 
"Yah Mark Tuan Yi En! Cheomsimcharlyo araji? She's just a little girl back then who happened to take a photo of you alright? There's nothing more to this! You are just encouraging her to not give up on her hobby. Yes, there's nothing more to this...", he tried convincing himself until he felt a hand on his shoulder, 
 
"Woah dude, care to explain to me what's all this about?"
 
-
-
-
 
After the subsequent tutorial classes, I am now back at the door again. I have been pacing back and forth in front of the door for quite sometime already, but this time, before I could even knock and enter, the voice inside summoned me in. 
 
"Moon Gi-ah, I know that you are outside. Ppal-li deuleo-oyo,"
 
With that being said, I twisted the doorknob and entered the room gingerly.
 
Inside the room, Seo-joon oppa twirled around in his spinning chair and threw me a smirk as soon as I entered. 
 
"I see that you've changed your mind,"
"How did you even know?"
"Jungkook-ie called me right after your recess ended,"
 
Tch, that brat. 
 
"Anyway," Seo-joon oppa stood up from his seat to pour me a drink from his small little counter, 
 
"Sit", he then walked me to the sofa and gestured.
 
But I didn't fancy the look he was actually giving me. Annoyed by it, I shifted uncomfortably in my seat before I snapped at him, 
 
"What?!"
"What what?"
 
I rolled my eyes.
 
"Why do you keep looking at me like this?"
"Oh. That," he sneaked a laughter. 
 
"I just happen to also know that the redhead whom you have always despised the most, was the one who made you changed your mind. Is it true Moon Gi-ssi?"
 
I gulped at his question initially but when I realised that it was nothing to be shy about, I told him bluntly, 
 
"Mark's not exactly that influential but well, he's partly right though. I realised that I shouldn't give up on photography just because of a guy,"
"And the guy is?"
"Nan abeoji,"
 
Silence encircled the room but I took a deep breath and continued on with my words, 
 
"I figured out that I should let the past be the past. There's no use doing something he likes when I myself doesn't really favour. Oh gosh," I let a tear escape from my eye,
 
"Now I feel bad for letting Jin sunbaenim do all this for me,"
 
See-joon oppa wheeled himself to his table and grabbed his tissue box to hand it over to me.
 
"Jin? How is he involved in this?"
 
Pulling off the strap from my shoulder and opening up the casing, it revealed a guitar which looked as though it is brand new. 
 
"Don't tell me he got this for you,"
"No," I corrected him, 
 
"He fixed it for me,"
"That's a bigger WOW," Seo-joon oppa's eyes widened but his face soon scrunched up into a frown, 
 
"But speaking of Jin, I came to realise his full story, like finally,"
 
What he just said caught me by surprise so I stared back at him and waited for his explanation. 
 
"Mianhae, but Mark and I intruded your room two days back,"
"What?"
"You heard me,"
 
I turned my back against him and ran my fingers through my hair. 
 
No wonder he kept teasing me and having this strange talk about photography.
 
He saw everything! 
 
"Anyway, Moon Gi-ah, I hope that you wouldn't read too much into it," Seo-joon oppa then said in a rather serious tone,
 
"Now that you have mentioned it, I'm guessing that Jin probably felt grateful towards you for helping him and that's why he did you a favour back. Whereas, on the other hand...", he paused to give a smothered laugh, 
 
"Have you ever considered Mark to be a candidate?"
 
-
-
-
 
After parting with his noona, Jungkook realised that he couldn't concentrate on his lessons at all. In fact, he was rather bothered by the 'lovesick' look his noona was giving and he felt that he should at least give her a push.
 
After much contemplation, he finally raised up his hand to excuse himself from class with the simple reason of using the toilet. 
 
However, as soon as he stepped out from the class, he made sure that no one else was looking until he sneaked behind a pillar to dial for someone. 
 
After a few rings, the person finally picked up the phone but much to his dismay, it was a grouchy voice which greeted him. 
 
"Yah Jeon Jungkook, do you know what time is it?"
 
Jungkook quickly took a glance at his watch before replying this hyung of his sharply,
 
"1pm,"
"Yeah and I'm glad for you to even say that. Can't you tell that I'm still sleeping?"
"What? Yoon Gi hyung, you can't be serious,"
"Do I sound like I'm joking?"
"In broad daylight? No way,"
"Yah, Jungkook-ah, you know that we always run our activities at night only, so please, grant me some sleep,"
"But wait, don't hang up on me just yet!", Jungkook managed to halt him just as he was really about to hang up.
 
"I'm still here. Spill,"
"Alright, listen here hyung. Noona needs our help. In other words, I need to set her up on a blind date with Jin hyung!", he paused for a while to think through about his plans, 
 
"And with that, I need you to bring along Jimin and V hyungs as well! Call?"
"Call,"
 
Alright, so his side is settled now. 
 
Forming a cheeky smile on his face, Jungkook next proceeded on to compose his message, 
 
To: Moon Gi noona, Jin hyung
 
Noona/Hyung, please drop by the basement tonight! The band and I would like to show you something! See you! 
 
"And, send!"