016

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

It was about 2am in the morning when I suddenly jerked up from my bed from a distant rumble of thunder. 

It was so faint to begin with but gradually, the rumbling became more distinct. It only grew louder and louder and in a few minutes time, I could feel cool wind blowing from the blackened sky with its intensity rising each time I blinked my eyes. 

As I sat by my bed and watched what's happening outside of the window, I could see the trees bending precariously to one side, as though they were going to fall over or get blown away like feathers anytime soon.

Suddenly, I heard a very loud roar above the rumbling of the thunder and the howling of wind. Following which, flashes of lightning lit up the darkened sky, accompanied by cracks of thunder as though in reply. 

At the very next second, I had already wrapped myself up in my blanket as I scrambled out of my room hurriedly. As usual, I was planning to head over to Jungkook's room as we probably need each other during times like this, when someone scared the guts out of me as I turned around.

"YAH-", I shrieked but the person found his hand to my mouth real quick. Then, flashing the torchlight under his chin, he tried to calm me down,

"Noona, it's just me. Jungkook-ie,"

It took me a while to recover from my wits. Then, squinting my eyes hard, I saw that he too, had his blanket drawn over his head. 

Heaving a sigh of relief, I began dragging him by his arm back to his room but he just wouldn't budge. 

"Yah, what are you doing? Let's head back to your room and catch up on our sleep," I gave him a slight push from the back.

After saying that, I disappeared back into my room for a while to grab my pillow and bolster. However, when I returned, Jungkook was carrying his in his arms as well. 

"You wanna sleep in my room instead for tonight?", I cocked an eyebrow at him. 

"A-ni," he just shook his head before jerking it towards our front. Lifting my head up, my eyes finally met the signage of the room when I heard Jungkook say again, 

"Let's sleep with Jin hyung tonight,"

Instantly, my eyes widened and I dropped my belongings to block his way but to no avail. 

"Oh no, you're so not goin-"
"HYUNGGGGG," the next moment, he was already whining his way in whereas my body was sprawled over the ground. 

Giving me a gentle kick to the side, Jungkook threw me a sinister smile before he started speaking to the poor princess who was alarmed by our sudden intrusion. 

Sitting up on his bed, Jin rubbed his eyes out of his sleep and adjusted his bed hair before he paid some attention to us.

"What's up?" he asked in a hoarse voice.

"Hyung~ Noona and I are afraid of thunder and lightning. So, do you mind if we crash your room for tonight?", for goodness sake, Jungkook was even doing an aegyo as he pleaded him. 

I rolled my eyes at him and was collecting my stuff up from the ground when the angel spoke up. 

"Sure, just make yourself comfortable in here,"

With that being said, he headed towards my direction and grabbed everything from my arms just before he laid them out nicely on his bed. Then, turning back to face me, he brought the blanket down from my head and wrapped it around my petite body instead. 

"And you, take my bed," he whispered those words into my ears and they sounded so intimidating that I soon found myself climbing onto it as if I was hypnotized. 

Crawling into my blanket, I was staring at the ceiling initially but my eyes couldn't help but to catch a glimpse of Jin laying out a mattress right next to the bed, right next to me. 

"Jalja," he then said.

"N-ne, goodnight," I stuttered and forced myself to shut my eyes but right now, it wasn't the daunting weather which was bothering me. This may sound crazy, but I thought I actually heard my pulse whooshing in my left ear, and it just wouldn't stop. 

So, throughout the next few minutes, I spent my time switching my positions from left to right and then from right to left but it didn't help much. There was a lot of fidgeting going on here until I felt his fingers intertwined with mine. 

"Can't sleep?", he asked with his eyes closed.

"N-ne,"

I felt a squeeze to my small hand before he replied in a soft, even voice,

"Don't worry, you will eventually fall asleep. Remember, I'm here with you, so feel safe with me, Moon Gi-ssi,"

That being said, he started singing me to sleep.

(Lucky- Ashily) 

"When it gets hard, lucky in my life
You come towards me like a dream
When I get sad, lucky in my dream
You hold me tight with warm embrace

I smile like this, always
Even when the world makes it hard
I don’t ever want to show my tears
Even though you don’t know my heart yet
Because I can still keep your smile, even from afar, it’s a relief

When I want to cry, lucky in my love
You look so handsome in my imagination
When I’m frustrated, lucky in my world
You hold me tight like a dream

I smile like this, always
Even when the world makes it hard
I don’t ever want to show my tears
Even though you don’t know my heart yet
Because I can still keep your smile, even from afar, it’s a relief

Everything is beautiful I’m so happy
I make a wish again in this lonely world

I smile like this, always
Even when the world makes it hard
I don’t ever want to show my tears
Even though you don’t know my heart yet
Because I can still keep your smile, even from afar, it’s a relief

Take one step towards me"

He didn't ask about the movie date at all and same went for me. But I guess, it's better for us to just stay like this. 

-
-
-

The next morning when I woke up, both Jungkook and Jin could no longer be seen in the room. Thus, after a quick brush up, I headed out to the dining room where I found the family already seated at the tables, enjoying their breakfast. 

"Wow, you ARE early noona. Bet you had a nice sleep last night uh?", Jungkook who spotted me first, winked at me. 

As I sat down on my seat, Jin appeared from the kitchen once again. Dressed in his pink apron, he scooped my plate from the table.

"Mwo-"
"Let me heat it up for you first," he cut in to my words. 

As he disappeared back into the kitchen, I was already earning cold, hard stares from my eomoni and abeoji. 

Shaking her head at me, eomoni said it out loud enough for Jin to hear, 

"Aigoo... Woo-ri Moon Gi-ah really jinjja. Aishhhh! Everything is suppose to work the other way round,"

To that, I could only smile awkwardly at her. 'Cos hey, it wasn't my fault entirely. I just quietly came out, didn't say a single word but Jin voluntarily took my plate away. 

Just then, I felt a nudge on my elbow. It was Jungkook. 

"Noona, have you checked your room?", he questioned, but there was still sneaky grin he was giving me that  made me feel uneasy. 

"No. Wae?"
"Nothing. I just thought that I have good photography skills as well. It must be hereditary," he raised his finger up and grinned from ear to ear.

"Quit flattering, we don't even share the same genes,"

-
-
-

He was tapping his foot on the ground, waiting for the oven to sound when his phone started to ring. Bringing out his phone from his pocket, he found it weird for someone to call this early, but nevertheless, he picked up the call. 

"Yeoboseyo?"
"Kim Seokjin-ssi?"

His eyes widened when he recognized that voice of his.

"Kwon Team Jangnim?"
"Ne,"
"What's the matter?"

There was this slight pause at the other end of the line before he continued, 

"It's an issue regarding your dongsaeng, Kim Yi En,"

For moment, Jin didn't know what to feel or respond. He left the person hanging and it was just then the timer of the oven started to beep that caused him to snapped out of his thoughts.

"Sorry about that Team Jangnim," he cleared his throat,

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes,"

Removing the apron over his head, Jin served Moon Gi her breakfast hastily before he bowed slightly at the Jeon family and said, 

"Eomoni, abeoji. Sorry, but something came up. I'm afraid that I won't be joining you guys for breakfast today. So, please enjoy your meal now and I'll just g-get going,"

-
-
-

After the short breakfast, I returned back to my room to get changed.

I have discussed with eomoni over some matter earlier on and now, looking at the envelope in my hands, I smiled at my own accomplishment. 

Grabbing my phone from the desk, I quickly scrolled to his contact and sent him a text. 

To: Stupid redhead 🚨

Meet me outside XXX shopping centre in fifteen minutes time. There's something I need to pass you.

Within a few minutes, his reply came in and he agreed to my offer. Hence, checking myself in the mirror once more, I slung a random bag over my shoulder before I left. As I stepped out of the gate, a familiar figure, wandering outside there, caught my attention. 

Walking up to her, I tapped on her shoulder lightly and asked, 

"Sorry, but is there something I can help you with?"

The girl gasped when she saw me but then, I noticed her eyes shifted to the house and then back to examine me again. I was staring weirdly at her when she asked with a tinge of uncertainty in her voice,

"Isn't this where Seokjin oppa lives at?"

I nodded my head to her question before I replied, 

"Ne, he does live here,"
"But why did you-"
"And I live here too,"

-
-
-

Now, seated across each other, all Kwon Team Jang could do was to give this young fella in front of him a solemn look. 

Feeling perturbed by his expression, Jin however, tilted his head at him and called his name a few times to gain his attention.

"Kwon Team Jangnim. Kwon Team Jangnim?"

And finally, he snapped out of it.

"Uh? Oh. Oh yeah," he took a deep breath as he begin.

"Your dongsaeng, he dropped by here a while ago,"

Upon hearing this news, Jin shot up from his seat immediately but the ahjusshi quickly held him back down.

"But Seokjin-ssi, listen here," he swallowed his saliva and bit his lips.

How the hell is he going to convey this message to this fella? Like who would exactly have the heart to hurt him?

Nevertheless, he have to do it eventually. Hence, giving a sigh, he said sadly to Jin,

"Kim Yi En. He found out that you are looking for him,"

A glimmer of hope shined in Jin's eyes as he waited patiently for Kwon Team Jang to go on,

"But," he made a pause,

"He wants you to stop,"