009

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

Stuffing my feet into my pink fluffy slippers, I marched out of my room and scooted off to Jungkook's immediately. Somehow, I have this feeling that it has to be his doing as he probably felt that it was part of his responsibility to have protected the guitar I handed him.

As I was making my way to his room, my legs however, momentarily halted in front of the room before his.

I stared hard at the newly added sign to this used-to-be guest room. 

"Could it be with him?", I uttered to myself in the silent night. 

My knuckles were already reaching to knock on his door when I came to my senses and pulled myself away abruptly with the other hand just in time.

"Yah Ra Moon Gi! Scratch that!", I smacked myself idiotically on the head, 

"Who do you think you are for him to even want to keep your guitar?!"

After regaining my composure, I skipped Jin's room and proceeded on to the room ahead of his.

-
-
-

The morning dawned, the street lamps grew pale and the sun finally rose. Among the rest, Jin was the earliest to wake up. He had specially woke up early as he had made a note to himself the day before to run an errand the first in the morning. Although there was always a saying for the 'earliest bird catches the worm', Jin was however, different from all. Removing his pink apron from over his head, Jin swept his hands in satisfaction as he looked back at his accomplishments. 

There laid out on the dining table was the sumptuous breakfast he had specially prepared for the Jeon family before taking his leave. Then, closing the door behind him, he carried his bag and swung the strap of a casing over his shoulder. 

-
-
-

"Sajangnim. Yoon sajangnim," he called out from outside the gate and stuck his head higher to see if there's anyone around. If he's not wrong, Yoon sajang is normally awake at this hour and he is always all already to attend to any business no matter the time of the day. 

"Yoon sajangn-", Jin raised his voice and tried to call once more when a male in his late forties appeared from the backyard and interrupted his call.

"Quit shouting already. Nugusaeyo?", he asked but shortly after, he answered his own question upon seeing him.

"Oh, Seokjin-ssi!", he widened his eyes,

"It has been long since you last came here! Oh," he gasped when he noticed the casing Jin was carrying, 

"Is there something wrong with that baby?"
"Ne, sajangnim. Uhhh... Actually, do you mind if we talk inside? Today is a pretty cold morning..."
"Oh right, sure. Come on in,"

-
-
-

For the past ten minutes, Yoon Minsoo had his glasses fixed on the tip of his nose as he carefully studied the object in silence and with full concentration. His each and every movement, Jin's eyes would follow and when he heard him sigh, Jin quickly checked with him again, 

"So, do you think that you can fix this?", he asked. 

Yoon Minsoo lifted up his head and his eyes met the boy's right away.

"Hmm... This is a pretty old model which dates back to the 50s. It's hard to find the strings which can fit perfectly in it,"
"Ah, I see...", Jin lowered his head and slumped his shoulders the moment he heard him mentioning that.

"Don't sulk boy, you are actually one lucky man," Mr Yoon smiled at him before heading over to one of his drawers to grab something.

When he finally came back to Jin, there was now something glistening in his hands. 

"JJANG! I have one last set of spare strings to revive this baby of yours,"

Jin's face lit up almost immediately and just as he was thanking Mr Yoon profusely, someone else entered the the store.

"What's the commotion here appa? And," she stared at him unbelievably, 

"Jin, what are you doing here?"

-
-
-

"Guitar ensemble? Moon Gi-ah, are you serious?"
"Omo kkamjjag-iya", I jumped back in shock when a sudden voice distracted me from my train of thoughts. 

Today marks the day for us to choose our after school activity and that is why I am here, standing in front of the door of the school's guitar ensemble. Turning back, I was surprised to find Hoseok and the rest right on my tail although I clearly remembered myself telling them that we would spilt to select our own choices. 

Raising an eyebrow at them, I asked,

"Don't you guys wanna take a look at the other booths and make your own choices?"

Namjoon scratched his neck. 

"Well, we're done,"
"THAT FAST?!"
"Ne, IDOL Club. We have all opted for that", Hoseok answered in such a boastful manner which made me want to so badly. 

Well, I have always known that Jr, JB and Namjoon have got hidden talents as they were always involved in either underground B-boy activities or rap, but as my eyes landed on the rest, I couldn't bring myself to believe their words. 

"You mean I-D-L-E Club?", I chuckled hard at the remaining three. 

Feeling insulted, Mark had his eyes narrowed at me within the first few seconds. Jackson only pouted at me whereas Hoseok was the only one who was quick enough to retaliate. 

"Whutttt??? Yah, Ra Moon Gi! Just that you haven't seen me perform doesn't mean that I'm not good enough alright?! You just wait and see, wait till I show you my girl group dances!", his cheeks were all puffed up with hot air as he turned his back against me. 

Afraid that I might have joked about the wrong thing, I was just about to make up to Hoseok when the door to a room opened and a hand stuck out to pull me in. 

"Hi guys, but BYE!", I heard him telling them before the door was shut behind my back. 

"You betrayer!", the person flicked my forehead as soon as I was forced in. 

"Yow!", I winced in pain and when I looked up, I could only find the two black orbs of sunbae's glaring at me. 

"Tell me that I just heard it wrongly about you standing outside of the guitar ensemble room instead of my photography club,"
"Oh, I'm surprised that you even dug your ears,"
"Yah!", Park Seojoon grabbed onto my shoulders and began shaking me frantically now. 

"How could you do this to me? After all these years that we have been through together, how could you just leave me?"
"I'm glad that you are finally starting to acknowledge me as your acquaintance,"
"Stay, please stay. I will make sure that I make you the vice-chairperson of the club,"

I rolled my eyes at his words and managed a sarcastic laugh. 

"Sunbae, if you don't already know, there were only two members in this club for the past few years, which is, YOU and I,"

Seojoon turned around to study his surroundings and when he realized that I was right, he slumped back onto the chair behind him and shook his head in defeat. He seemed really traumatized by those news I broke out to him. 

"Ka. Ppal-li ka while you still can. Before I change my mind,"

I attempted to go forward to comfort him but he kept resisting and shaking me off. In the end, I was left with no choice but to leave. I will probably speak to him again after he had cooled down. 

Opening the door, it shocked me when a figure started stumbling back onto me. 

"Careful there," I held onto him just in time but right when I saw that bush of redness in front of my eyes, I let go of him. 

'Baammm!' He landed hard onto the ground either way.

-
-
-

"Annyeong! Bora," Jin smiled at the girl as she let herself in. 

Bora, on the other hand was still pretty stunned by Jin's sudden appearance. Just as she was missing him the day before, he appeared at her house the first thing this morning. 

"A-annyeong," Bora blushed as she stumbled with her greetings. She behave shyly whenever she's around him as ever since three years ago, Jin has always been her crush. 

"Alright," Yoon Minsoo just had to interrupt their moment now, 

"Seokjin-ssi, I'm done. I hope that it's alright for you now,"
"Oh it's not for me, but neomu gomapda sajangnim!", Jin couldn't hide his excitement as he brought up his hand and shook it frantically. 

"Anything for you my son and do drop by often to visit me,"
"Ne,"

With that, Jin bid farewell to both Mr Yoon and Bora and headed out of their apartment. 

As he was leaving halfway, someone called out to him,

"Jin!"

It was Bora who yelled for him.

Running to where he was, Bora stopped and panted before she continued with her words,

"Are you h-heading to s-school now? C-can you w-wait for me?"
"Of course, why not?"

-
-
-

"I COUNT TO THREE! I SAID STOP TOUCHING ME! HANA, DUL-"
"AH SIKKEULEO!", I dug the cotton bud onto his abrasion which caused him to yelped in pain. 

"YAH!"
"AND STOP YELLING INTO MY EARS! YOU ARE DAMAGING MY EARDRUMS!" 
"AND WHO ARE YOU TO COMPLAIN? YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CAUSE THIS INJURY ON ME!"
"SO CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M TRYING TO FIX IT NOW?!"

As Mark was still fidgeting about, I held onto him tightly and quickly took the chance to wipe the ointment onto the remaining portions of his wound before finishing it off with a plaster. 

"And there you go!", I slapped his arm before standing up to leave.
But before that, I turned back to face him. 

"Right, where did the others go? And what are you still doing here? Were you waiting for me?"
"Oh cry me a river,"
"Then why were you leaning against the door?"
"I wasn't,"

I narrowed my eyes at him and gave him a dubious look. 

"I know I'm handsome. But stop staring at me and move will you? The rest are waiting for us at the cafeteria,"

With that, Mark grabbed my arm and dragged me along with him.

However, as we were proceeding halfway to the venue, he suddenly questioned me out of the blue, 

"So, photography or guitar for you?"

I was a little surprised by his question but thinking that he had probably overheard the conversation between sunbae and I as he was just hanging around outside, I shook my head sadly at him.

"Molla,"
"You take nice pictures,"
"Huh?"
"I just want to let you know,"
"But how-"
"Phweet phweet~", Mark loosened his grip on my arm and whistled all of a sudden.

"Hmm... Looks like your crush has the same taste as mine", he his lips and then jerked his head towards a certain direction. 

Following his gaze, I spotted two figures walking into the school compound chatting happily. Only after squinting my eyes hard, it was then that I realised that it was Jin together with the girl who was looking for him the day before. 

So, he woke up early just to go to her house to fetch her? Are they dating? These thoughts were running through my mind but it all felt wrong. 

"I sure hope that she's still single. Anyway, what's your crush name again? I can't believe that I didn't catch it at all," Mark on the other hand kept mumbling beside me. It got me a little annoyed that I ended up losing it and yelled at him for no reason, 

"Oh shut up and correction. He's NOT my crush!"