018

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"We're here," Mark announced as soon as we arrived at the address Jin had given us. 

Climbing off from his bike, my mouth couldn't help but gape open when I took sight of the building which was standing before me.

There stood a lone structure, reaching the sky. From the outside, I could tell that it had been left disregarded with no one near it for ages and that the bricks had weakened, with paint which had worn off and layers of dust coated over it. 

But why would Jin even come to such a place?

Swallowing hard, I then removed my helmet and quickly tossed it back to Mark.

"Thanks for the ride, Mark. I shall go and check up on him now,"

I turned my body around right after I said that but he held my arm, stopping me from walking away from him. 

"Er Mark? I really need to go now,"
"Can you not? Stay here with me, please,"

The phrase came out from his mouth so suddenly and furrowing my eyebrows at him, I gently pushed his hand away from mine.

"Look Mark, Jin needs me now and I gotta go. So, yahhhh-"

That was when he pulled me into his chest and whispered behind my ear,

"I love you," he said it yet again.
"I know," I shrugged off from his grip and gave him a warm smile.

"But you will have to stop making me cringe, redhead. It makes me feel weird. And, it's really nothing, I'm just glad that I could be of some help,"

Having said that, I broke away from him and ran off into the building, without even looking back.

And being left alone, all he could do was to stare back at the pink helmet in his arms.

"And what makes you think that I don't need you," he then murmured to himself.

-
-
-


My footsteps echod throughout the empty halls. Flickering lights which were left on illuminate the pathway, just enough for me to watch my way. Water dripped somewhere, creating a hollow pinging noise that was impossible to ignore. Despite that, I kept walking, but not getting anywhere. 

"Er Jin sunbaenim? Where are y-you?" I shuddered with the overhanging dampness and pressed on forward through the murky hall. 

There was not a single soul in sight and shortly after, I came to a staircase which was leading the way up. Sticking my head out and peering upwards, I realised that there were endless floors to it but it was then, a thought came to me.

Right, the rooftop. Why didn't I thought of that earlier? I scolded myself.

Thus, reaching for the handles, I began making my way up as quick as possible. 

I pushed open the door to the rooftop once I reached the end of the stairs and peered in. Following the path, I found Jin in a flash. His legs were buckled and his knees were sinking on the ground as he stared emotionlessly at the wide sky.

Without any hesitation, I hurried over to his side, knelt down right in front of him and pull him into my embrace.

"Jin, I'm here. Uljima, everything's going to be alright," 

There was emptiness in his heart, I could sense. The numbness pounding his brain, the salty tears that flowed unchecked from his eyes, the shear nothingness that now took hold of his soul threatened to engulf him entirely. 

"He d-doesn't want me a-anymore... He t-told m-me to s-stop looking for h-him," he sniffed and the back of his hair, I held him even tighter in my arms. And when I finally released him, I found myself cupping his face, wiping off the tears which were trickling down from his eyes with my thumbs.

Then, placing my forehead onto his, I leveled my eyes with his and said to him, 

"Jin, always remember. You have a person right next to you all along and no matter what, you've got to stay strong," I took a deep breath, 

"For me,"

We paused, looking into each other's eyes. I swallowed and held my breath. Jin's eyes were searching mine and slowly, he was leaning into me, his lips drawing near. He stopped inches away, with his eyes drifting down to my lips.

Warm lips pressed against mine and my eyes widened and it took approximately one point three seconds to realise that Jin was kissing me and a further three point eight seconds to realise that I was kissing him back. My eyes have fluttered shut and in the darkness, I saw light exploding. 

His lips were chapped and I could taste the metallic tang of blood, but I didn't care, because all I could focus on was the liquid warmth that was quickly spreading through my body.

All I could focus on was Jin. The kiss was as if magic has ignited and it only deepened as time passes. His mouth was hot and my heart felt as though I was experiencing atrial fibrillation. 

The kiss lasted for quite sometime but sadly, we had to pull away eventually. 

"I-"
"Shhh," he placed his finger onto my lips,

"Let's just lie down here and rest," he said, and then pushing me down gently, he laid my head on his arm as he continued staring into the blue sky above us.

"Anyway, thank you for being here, my Seoulmate,"

-
-
-

His heartache felt as though a wolf was eating at his chest, tearing its way to his trembling heart. It threatened to devour him, eat him as a whole and leave nothing but scraps behind. But, he refused to be the scraps she would leave. 

How could he act like the victim when he is the one experiencing the pain? 

Mentally making a note in his mind, he made a decision that he would rebuild himself and fight off the wolf, but as of now, he didn't know how. So instead, he did his best to ignore it. 

With his teeth clenched, he made a swift turn and staggered down the flight of stairs, making his way out of the building. 

-
-
-

"Say, is there something going on between you and Jin hyung?" Jungkook wouldn't stop buzzing behind my ear.

For the past ten minutes, he had been pacing back and forth in my room and he kept bugging me nonstop once he noticed the awkward tension between Jin and I had as soon as we came back home. 

Without eating dinner, Jin had shut himself in his room and no matter how we tried knocking, he just wouldn't answer. 

Throwing his arms up in frustration, Jungkook stomped on his foot irritatedly and snapped at me, 

"If you are not telling, then I shall approach hyung myself,"
"Yah Jeon Jungkook," I called out his name sternly, 

"Let him rest will you? He had enough for the day,"

Upon hearing that, he scooted to my side and shifted his body close to mine. 

"AHA! I bet you two had a fight!"
"I told you we didn't,"

He was eyeing me suspiciously at first but when he saw that something was still wrapped around my waist, he knew immediately that I was speaking the truth.

"Isn't that hyung's?" He pointed at it and it was then I realised that I had forgotten to return Jin his jacket.

"Noona," Jungkook then spoke softly,

"Sometimes, I really do feel that there's this chemistry that is existing between you and hyung. And I sincerely hope that one day, you will end up with him. 'Cos you two look so good together," as he was saying, he jerked his head towards the direction of all the photographs that were pasted on my wall. 

And there, I realised that there was this one additional work to it. 

I tilted my head to face Jungkook.

"Well, thank me for this great shot," he pumped on his chest proudly before he stood up and finally left my room. 

Walking towards the photo, I let my fingers trail on it as I smiled to myself. It was a photo of Jin and I sleeping the night before, with our fingers intertwined together. 

Jungkook is right, this do seem cute to me and somehow, there was this tingling feeling in my heart. 

Seeing that, I started thinking of the afternoon we had spent together earlier on. Jin finally opened up to me and he shared with me how he actually lost his mother in a fire and then how his brother went missing subsequently after. Deep in my heart, I felt really bad for him but nevertheless, life goes on. 

Thinking of which, I absentmindedly touched my fingers to my lips at the same time. The memory is still so vivid and I felt my heart race and my chest tighten. Just thinking about it make me blush and my lips part at their own accord. 

Does that kiss actually mean something?, I thought to myself but just then, my phone started ringing.

I took a glance at the name. Incoming call: Park Seo-joon. Hence, placing my phone against my ear, I answered,

"Ne sunbaenim?"
"Whoo~ Moon Gi-ah! Get ready your bags soon! We are heading to Busan!"

-
-
-

The next day in school. 

"Ayo Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Idols Club," Mr Park Jin Young, the mentor of the club spoke, 

"As a part of our orientation camp, the school have decided to send all of you to Busan for this 3D2N bonding session. But before that, I will have to announce to you the groups which I have laid out. So now, whoever hears your name, please kindly step out to the front," he paused to look up at everyone,

"Alright. Firstly, Kim Namjoon, Im Jaebum, Kim Sung-kyu and Kim Hyo Jung," he gestured for them to line themselves up in a row.

"They will be the team leaders of each group and now, I shall allocate the members,"

"Kim Seokjin, Jung Hoseok, Jeon Jungkook, you guys will be on Namjoon's team and,"

"Mark Tuan, Wang Jackson, Kim Yugyeom, Choi Youngjae, oh anyway welcome back to school Youngjae-ssi. Park Jinyoung, cool, you have the same name as me, kid. And lastly, wait, how do I pronounce this?"

"It's Kunpimook Bhuwakul," Bambam replied while beaming. 

"Right. You guys will be on Jaebum's team,"

"As for Hyo Jung's team, there will be Yoon Bora..."

As Mr Park was busy allocating the rest of the groups, Hoseok couldn't hide his excitement as he slung his arms over the rest of s.

"Ohhhh, it feels great to be on the same team as you guys," he chirped.

"Anyway, could we please drop by Family Mart to get our essentials later? I feel that we all will need a lot of stuff," He then suggested but only to earn a smack on his head by Namjoon.

"If you want to flirt with Minah-ssi, do it on your own and don't count us in," Namjoon snapped at him.

"Anyway Jin hyung, fancy meeting you here," Namjoon brought out his hand but Jungkook pushed it away immediately. 

"Andwae, hyung is mine. You shall stick with the horse instead,"
"Neigh~ (ne),"

Just as they were talking, Mr Park clasped his hands together to get back everyone's attention.

"Also, I forgot to mention, for this trip, the photography club will also be tagging along to capture those moments for us so let's welcome them in,"

-
-
-

As the clatter of applause sounded, Seo-joon oppa then pushed me in from the back. 

As I sauntered my way in, I could already see the clique waving at me frantically whereas Jin was acknowledging me with a faint smile.

Waving my hand at them, I bowed and did a slight introduction of myself,

"Annyeonhasaeyo, joeneun Moon Gi ibnida,"
"I'm Park Seo-joon, and together, we will be heading to Busan as well! YAY!"