002

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)
Slowly, the door to this place creaked open, exposing the intruder as he shuffled around aimlessly, his gaze still not leaving the object that was in his hands. If only you could look closer, the item was actually shaking in his withered hand. 
 
"I've got to bring your appa together along with us,"
"Eomma will join you guys shortly,"
"Yagsoghae", 
 
Those last memories of his mother still remain vivid and clear as he let them rewind and playback in his mind. 
 
"Eomma, Appa, Yi-en-ah...", he muttered as his fingers traced the photo frame that he was holding on to. It revealed a photo of a once happy and complete family back then, but now, it is all shattered, and he's the last man standing. 
 
-
-
-
 
Panting breathlessly for air, I held onto the railing for support as I took a quick rest halfway up the stairs. 
 
That guy is real quick, I cursed under my breath after I made sure that I saw his figure disappearing after a door at the topmost level. I wasn't too sure what got me all the way up here but all I knew was that I was exceptionally intrigued by this weird behavior he was exhibiting. In addition, my instincts were telling me that in a moment's time, the subject might be displaying something that might be worth a shot. 
 
Pushing myself off, I talked and convinced myself into it and I soon found my way up to a very unfamiliar place.
 
'No unauthorized access', the sign on the door read and when I turned around to see that there was no other staircase leading the way up, I figured out that this is already the rooftop. 
 
The door was left ajar and I assumed that my subject has entered here not long ago. 
 
Inhaling hard, I pushed the door open slightly and took a peek from behind it. It took me only a few seconds to come suddenly upon a guy sitting in an attitude of profound distress, with his back leaning against the wall. The hands of his hung limply over his knees, his eyes were red and staring before him, and his face was wet with tears.
 
The sadness. The frustration. The loneliness. I could see this '3in1' all in him and this will definitely make a good shot for my latest assigned project- Mixed Feelings. 
 
My hands fiddled to 'Moon', my camera which was dangling on my neck almost immediately and 'click', I hit the shutter in no time. 
 
Daebak, wait till I show this shot to Seo-joon sunbaenim, I cheered at my successful shot but my smile died  down as soon as my eyes darted back to the lonely figure again.
 
"Eomma, Appa, don't worry. Your son is here to join you now", I overheard him say as he slowly stood up from the ground.
 
I ducked back and hid myself properly so that he wouldn't notice me but silence dropped again. 
 
Curious, I let myself take another sneak peek. However, what he was doing made me stare at him in shock, wide-eyed.
 
He was now standing at the uppermost platform and his left leg was literally dangling out in the air.
 
"Andwae-ji!", I screamed and without hesitation, I dashed forward and pulled him down from the dangerous spot he was in.
 
"Ahh!" Both of us collapsed hard onto the ground and the next moment when I opened my eyes, I was stunned to see two black orbs staring straight into mine. 
 
"W-who a-are y-you... And w-why are y-you h-here?", his voice was shaking as he questioned while not planning to move one bit from this position of him being on top of me.
 
Feeling a little uncomfortable from the close proximity, I pushed him away with my finger, stood up and swept the dust off my body before I replied him,
 
"Err, your savior?"
 
His eyes turned cold for a moment but yet again, they soon drooped down and the corner of his lips curled downwards before I made out a soft whisper from him. 
 
"I don't even deserve to be saved...", he said. 
"No, you do. You're not alone," 
 
He looked up at me as if I was uttering nonsense despite knowing the state that he was in, but I jolly well knew what I was saying.
 
Squatting down next to him, my eyes moved to the photo frame in his hands. I then tapped on it and my finger started tracing circles around the photo.
 
"Because they will always stay with you, as long as you choose to believe in them...", I told him and showed him the locket on my neck subsequently.
 
"See, I keep them here, close to my heart."
 
He was loss for words and he continued to stare hard at me. But shortly after, I saw him gradually lifting up his finger and pointed at my locket.
 
"T-hey are g-gone?"
"Gone with the wind," I replied, paused and then said to him again,
"But, they brought me to the other greatest batch of people in my life."
 
He gave me a questionable look when he heard my words. 
 
"I am adopted by a family and I have a younger brother by the name of Jungkook now", I told him, never so proud of my foster family before.
 
Then, bending down, I lowered and tilted my head, forcing him to meet my eyes. 
 
"W-what are y-you looking a-at?", he stuttered nervously.
"You,"
"W-waeyo?"
"'Just to make sure that I have brought the slightest change to your mindset now,"
"..."
"You wi-"
 
Just as I was about to carry on, his phone started ringing. He took a glance at the caller and then back at me.
 
"Don't look at me like that, go ahead and answer."
 
At my cue, he turned his back against  me and answered the call right away. 
 
-
-
-
 
"Kwon Team Jang", he greeted the other person who was on the line.
"Seokjin-ssi, I'm calling because I forgot to mention something important to you just now,"
"Mwolago?"
"About your brother-"
"Ne, WHAT?! DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU FOUND YI-EN?!", he got a little agitated all of a sudden at the thought of his dongsaeng.
 
However, the ahjusshi just had to send his hopes away.
 
"Aniya, there is still no news about him," his face fell right away.
"But, some kid actually turned up before you this morning, asking me about Nam Min Ji..."
"Nuguseyo?", his head shot up again.
"He refuse to disclose his identity and so I didn't tell him a single thing as well,"
"...."
"Seokjin-ssi. Kim Seokjjn-ssi,"
"Ne..."
"Gwaenchanh-ayo?"
 
There was a slight pause behind the line before he spoke up again.
 
"Ahjusshi, do you think that there might be possibility that it could be him?"
"Mmhm..."
"Arasseo, gamsahabnida ahjusshi and butaghabnida."
 
With that, he ended the call and turning back to face the girl, his mouth slowly twitched to form a smile. 
 
The girl was eyeing him suspiciously for his bipolar behaviour but he just had to share his joy with someone now. And this girl, his so called savior, definitely is a suitable candidate. 
 
Taking her by surprise, he walked up to her slowly and pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around her petite body. He soon felt her squeezing him back and surprisingly, he didn't want the moment to end. This lasted for awhile before he finally pulled back. 
 
Gradually withdrawing from the embrace, he placed his arms on her shoulder and said to her, 
 
"Neomu gomawoyo", he looked down at a small marking on her camera which was hanging around her neck,
"Moon-ssi, I think I have found my dongsaeng."
 
The girl's eyes lit up almost instantly at the great news.
 
She was smiling a little, a smile with a twist to it, like the smile of a child who is determined not to weep. 
 
"See, I told you that you are not alone", she repeated, sounding touched and happy for him at the same time. 
 
He nodded his head at her and had wanted to speak more with her but his eyes happened to come across the time on his watch. 
 
"Damn it!", he cursed.
 
Quickly gathering his belongings from the ground, he didn't forget to tell the girl before he took his leave.
 
"Mianhada but I'm so damn late for my first lecture, so I better get going now! It was nice talking to you!", but the girl pulled him back.
"I thought you purposely missed it to come here? I'm in the same lecture too. We can probably head back together,"
"Oh", he scratched the back of his head,
"That was actually the wrong lecture theatre for me so that's why I left, but I ended up coming here...
"Eh?"
"Anyway, I hope that I can bump into you soon. Freshmen, as much as I want to carry on this conversation with you, sunbae here really don't want to get retained again, so annyeong!", he waved goodbye at her and was about to step out of the door when she called him back again.
 
"SUNBAE!"
"Ne?", he turned back swiftly at her call.
"IREUM-I MWOYEYO?"
"KIM SEOKJIN. JEONEUN JIN IBNIDA!"
 
-
-
-
 
After parting with Jin, I received a call from Namjoon saying that our lecture have ended and it is now already recess for us. Therefore, I proceeded to the canteen first and told them that I would meet them here.
 
As I queued up for my food, I stared at the photo that is showing on my camera's screen. 
 
Kim Seokjin, so that's his name. I giggled to myself as I admire his smiling face and recalled the previous encounter with him.
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
"SUNBAE!"
"Ne?", he turned back swiftly at her call.
"IREUM-I MWOYEYO?"
"KIM SEOKJIN. JEONEUN JIN IBNIDA!"
"NE, JIN SUNBAENIM. SAY CHEESEEEEE~!", I didn't give him the time to react before I hit the shutter as soon as he told me his name. 
 
"ANNYEONG!", I then waved to him goodbye.
 
*END OF FLASHBACK* 
 
"Hagsaeng. Hagsaeng?!", the ahjumma was trying to get my attention but I guessed that I have drifted too far away. 
 
"YAH. HURRY UP WILL YOU?"
 
It was only when an irritated deep husky voice which sounded from behind me that caused me to jump and to snap back into reality. 
 
"Oh! Mianhae!", I apologized to the rest of the people who was in the line without even raising my head and told the ahjumma my order quickly.
 
"One bowl of Jajangmyeon juseyo!"
"PABO."
 
I turned back right away to look at who had just said that to me and what greeted me was definitely an unpleasant sight.
 
"YOU!", I exclaimed out loud, wide-eyed.