012

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"Sorry, I shouldn't have made any sound. Wait. NO, I MEANT I was way too excited when I heard what hyung had composed," Jungkook stiffened himself militarily and cleared his throat. 

Lining themselves up in one single row against the wall, all four of them started to compose themselves, like students who were awaiting for punishment by their teacher along the corridor. They had their heads hanging down in shame, but at the same time, it was useful to avoid the daggers that were sent by the opposing party. And then softly, almost wistfully, the opposing male stepped aside for the female to pass. She stalked up expressionless, and very firstly hovered towards her beloved dongsaeng. Slowly, her hand reached out to caress his loving face.

"OWWWW NOONA!!!", Jungkook shrieked when he felt a sudden sharp pain penetrating through the back of his right ear,

"A-PPA! NEOMU A-PPA!" he even tried to fan his sister's hand away which had in the end found its way to his earlobe, but to no avail. His face was scrunched up in pain as the grip only got tighter. 

Meanwhile, the others who were standing beside him could only watch in agony. All along, they thought that Moon Gi rarely possess a hot temper but this occasion proved otherwise. Battling their eyelids at the hyung, they finally lowered down their pride to seek for his help. And likewise, being able to understand their sincerity, Jin decided to put a halt to it. 

"Moon Gi-ssi, I guess he has suffered enough. You can let go of him now," he prompted and waited as she slowly release her hand from his ear.

Probably about to die from the immense pain, Jungkook who was finally released, staggered back to his bandmates who then quickly supported him to the sofa. 

Jimin immediately started blowing onto his ears, whereas V first rushed to the fridge to get him an ice pack. Cocking his head up, Suga then stripped off his usual timid self and attempted to stand up for his bro. 

"Moon Gi-ah, you could have killed him," he said, but only to earn himself a glare from her.

'Jugg-eullae?', her lips was forming that word and noticing that she was warming up her fingers once again, he instantly shut his mouth up and snuck back into his shell. 

The entire basement was filled with a tense atmosphere until a soft laughter which gradually escalated to a hyena laugh escaped from his mouth. 

"HAHAHAHAHAHA," it was so serious that tears were even starting to form under his eyes and his stomach was beginning to hurt. 

Moon Gi, who was also surprised by Jin's sudden change of behavior, scratched her head tentatively and turned to look at the rest. 

They were all clueless as they shrugged their shoulders at her, so she ended up asking, 

"Sunbae, what's so funny?"
"Y-you," to which he replied.

"Me?" she raised her eyebrows.

"I have never seen such a cute family before. You guys totally made my day once again,"

Enough said, Jin took her by surprise when he embraced her again. 

"Moon Gi-ssi, thank you for appearing in my life,"

The hug was a simple enough gesture - affection, perhaps the fragile beginnings of love. And he too, could feel that the arms that held him were soft, yet strong. The feel of her body so close to his, soothed him more than he had expected. But within seconds, he pulled away. His mind swam not only with the heady excitement of a new found relationship with her, but also a sense of warmth, from this family. 

Jungkook, Jimin, V and Suga were all all watching them mouth-wide, and Jin was all smiles until he heard her say something. 

"You're welcome, I'm glad I can still be of some help to you,"

That was her only response before she gathered her belongings and dragged Jungkook along with her, leaving Jin standing at the very same spot.

"Erm sunbae?", she then called out to him when she was nearing the exit, 

"Are you heading back as well?"
"Eh?", Jin was however still a little lost and confused in his own thoughts.

"S-sorry, I meant y-yes. I'm heading back with you guys,"

-
-
-

Once we arrived home, Jungkook attempted to follow me back into my room but I managed to stop him.

"Noona, I-"
"Stop Jungkook, stop. I have enough of you today so please, just go to bed," I gave him a slight push and then shut my door, tight. 

Climbing onto my bed, I laid myself down and stared at the ceiling. The events that happened at the basement started recollecting in my mind each time I tried to shake them off and that didn't exactly make me feel good. Somehow, I was both pissed and happy at Jungkook and the rest for setting us up. But, the problem is,

Can Jin stop being so nice to me? 

Now, I have changed my position to lying prone and I had my face dug deep into my pillow. 

Moon Gi ah Moon Gi~, you have to control this fella of yours, I started pounding on my chest. 

It was not long after that my phone's message tone started ringing. Lazily, I made use of my toes to grab hold of my phone which was at the other end of the bed. When I read that message, all I could let out was a loud groan. 

From: Stupid redhead 🚨

🐵🐒, in case you say that I'm not showing any contribution at all, I shall appear first to inform you that I will be dropping by your HOUSE after work tomorrow to begin on that geography project with you. So, please make sure that your place is clean and tidy enough to welcome a prestigious guest like me. See you. 

-
-
-

Meanwhile in the other room, Jin was deep in his thoughts as well. He too, was equally surprised at his own actions lately but he couldn't seem to find a proper reason to explain it. 

His hand momentarily felt for his chest and weirdly, he found out that he started developing this warm feeling in his heart ever since he met her. 

Correction, probably not just her, but her family as a whole.

Turning himself on his bed to reach for something that was on his side table, he brought the photo frame close to his face. 

"It's great that you all brought me to another greatest batch of people in my life but still, I hope to see you soon, woo-ri dongsaeng-ah," and that was when he made a mental note to himself that he should once again be on track and start focusing on finding his younger brother, Kim Yi-En.

-
-
-

The next morning arrived quickly and as per usual, Yoon Bora was standing near the lockers, waiting for her Prince Charming to make his entrance. Looking at the reflection from the glass panel directly opposite her, she double checked her hair, attire and face before she started rehearsing what she is going to say to him right when she sees him. 

"Hey Jin, are you free after school today?", she shook her head and tried again, 

"Jin! Do you want to hang out after school today?", and yet again, she bit her lower lips when she realised that that would be way too direct. Pouting her lips and running her fingers through the tangles in her hair, she was beginning to turn frustrated at herself until he finally arrived. 

Not proceeding on with her initial plan, she scrambled off and went to hide behind the pillar instead. From far, she secretly watched Jin making his way in, to his locker and then on his way to class until someone stopped him. 

"Pink princess," Bora looked up to find the notorious boy of the class, Kim Myungsoo speaking to him. 

"I have got something for you,"
"What now L?" Jin showed a little impatience to his words as usually, Myungsoo wasn't the type of guy who would stay nice to him. 

But today, he was however very different. Fishing out a pair of tickets from his bag, he waved it in front of Jin's face before chucking it into his chest. 

"These are movie tickets for tomorrow night. So you, go on and find a company,"
"Huh?"
"I say just use it since I'm giving it to you!", Myungsoo grumbled but after that he pouted and sighed.

"I was about to ask the cafe girl out but it seems like only that redhead guy was interested in me. Gah, and now, I can't seem to get over the fact that I'm attracting the wrong gender population,"

He looked up at Jin and gave him a pat on his shoulder, 

"So long bro, you should go and find your pink prince before you land into my state," 

With that, he walked off but Jin shouted after him, 

"L!"
"Yes?"
"Thanks! I guess?"
"It's nothing!", he waved him off. 

Standing behind the pillar, Bora couldn't help but to smile at their rare interaction but on top of that, she started growing concerned and curious over who Jin might invite as his company for the movies. 

Clasping both of her hands and placing it on her chest, she prayed hard that the female lead would turn up to be her. 

-
-
-

"Hmm... I do see that you did made an effort to clean up", Mark said, looking rather impressed,

"'Cos from the last time I remember I was here, it sure didn't look as neat as now,"

As he entered my room, he was already making himself very comfortable on my bed and his hands were busy fumbling through the other things which were lying around. 

Giving him a tight pinch, I dragged him by his ear to the study table instead and sat him down. 

"YAH! AREN'T GIRLS YOUR AGE SUPPOSE TO BE FEMININE?"
"I am, but you just had to force me to turn into my bad self. Anyway, didn't your parents taught you the proper behavior you should exhibit when you're in other people's house and for now, my room?"

He kept quiet once I said that. 

But after a short moment, he looked intently into my eyes as he told me, 

"I have no parents,"

Behind the masked smile he wore on his face, there was sadness and shock. I noticed that he was now anxiously looking at his left and then his right repeatedly, displaying a form of insecurity. 

On the other hand, Mark himself felt really terrified as the memory came back and played on his mind over and over again like a broken record. Clenching onto his fists, he tried to calm himself down as far as possible and that was when he felt a small hand holding on to his. 

"Oppa, gwaenchanhnayo?" I was the one who asked him that question. Somehow, I felt that I had touched on a rather sensitive topic which caused him to behave in such a way. 

Mark stared at me for a while but suddenly, he leaned up close to me and whispered into my ear, 

"You're the most stupid girl I've ever seen,"
"M-wo? Mwolago?"

He started laughing straight into my face.

"Haven't you heard of the famous Papa Tuan from noona, you monkey? I can't believe that you actually fell for that!"

. I literally gave myself a tight slap on my forehead. 

"And did I hear you wrongly just now?", he continued on and that was when I knew that I was in for trouble,

"You did call me Oppa didn't you?"
"No I didn't,"
"And when you say that, it only means the opposite," he evoked a snicker. 

Oh shootz, FML. 

"Aigooo~ my dear monkey is even looking up to Oppa no-"
"YAH MARK TUAN!"
"Eh? No longer Oppa?"

I could no longer take it anymore and I finally grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it straight into his face. 

AHA! Bullseye!

-
-
-

For the rest of the project session, it was expected that it didn't proceeded on well as the two mostly spent their time bickering, be it about project concerned or non-related stuff. 

After rounds and rounds of battle, Moon Gi was finally knocked out and now, Mark could be seen lying his head sideways on the table as he gaze at the sleeping beauty in front of him.

Slowly moving his fingers to her face, he traced her jawline before pushing the loose strands of hair away from her face and tucking it behind her ear. 

In his mind, he couldn't stop thinking about how amazing this girl actually is. He have no idea where she got all those energy to be able to put up with his nonsense all these while but that however, was what he was hoping for all along. That was the reason why he always loves to . 

"Looks like a monkey's reaction to certain things is just different uh?", he chuckled and once again, he inched forward and whispered softly into her ears, 

"Moon Gi-ah, you know what? I think I actually like you,"

-
-
-

He didn't know why but for a moment, his heart cringed when he heard what the redhead had just said to her. In addition, the fact that he didn't really enjoy their close proximity was also making him feel weird. And so, very slowly and quietly, Jin closed the door behind him and stared vacantly at the envelope in his hand.

"Should I still give it a try?"