013

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

The world then became silent as it ended in the night. 

It was only hours later that vibrant rays warmed the day once again and the next thing I knew was that, morning has kicked in. from the glaring sunlight which was tapping against my face, I let out a frown as the last remnants of my dream got chased away by the realization that I am awake again. Slowly, I uncovered my eyes, blinked, shut my eyes and blinked again. 

I was initially yearning for a few more hours of blackness as it has finally hit the weekends, but already, I was wide awake when I caught sight of the figure who was lying in front of me.

There, the morning light shone through the window, making his skin glow, illuminating his face and making him look so beautiful, that even I could hardly resist. Asleep, Mark looked just like a regular innocent guy, not a stupid he has always been portraying himself as and his face looked so peaceful while resting. His cheek was resting on his arms and my eyes just so happen to trail to his long eyelashes, which were brushing the skin under his eyes. They were so mesmerizing and subconsciously, my fingers were already making its way there until the two big orbs of his shot open all of a sudden. 

My body froze in shock as he whispered hoarsely against me, 

"Just what were you trying to do to me?"

"N-nothing," I looked away from him nervously, but a deep shade of rosiness was already starting to form on my cheeks. 

"Liar. I clearly saw those lingering fingers of yours", he managed to slither a flat smirk across his face, before he lifted up my chin to make sure that I looked him in the eyes. 

"Tell me you ert little monkey, were you making use of the vulnerable state I was in to sneak an attack on me?", he then demanded in a deep, husky tone. 

"A-ani,"

Fortunately, with that being said, I recovered my wits quickly from the momentary shock of being intimidated. I pushed him hard in the chest and he immediately backed away from me. 

"Yah! What's wrong with you?"
"A-ask that to yourself!"
"I was just playing around girl,"
"Sorry but I don't want to be part of your game,"
"Hey, you were the one who started it first. If I didn't catch you-"
"Shut up and get out of my room Mark,"

Unknowingly, I found myself raising my voice at him. Mark was startled by my reaction as well and getting pissed off by the attitude I was giving him, he returned me with a scorn. 

"FINE," he grunted.

Coolly, he turned away and was planning to make his way out of my room when he accidentally slipped on something and fell on his bottom.

"! And just what is this?", he cursed as he brought up an envelope from the ground. 

As he raised it up in the air, my eyebrows furrowed naturally upon the sight. I don't exact remember seeing this envelope before so I ended up walking towards Mark with my arms outstretched. 

"Give me that," 
"Nope, unless~," he then got up from the ground abruptly, 

"Unless you can reach for it!"

With his arms raised up way beyond the height I could actually reach, Mark started hopping around. He left me with no choice but to give chase to him around my own room and as I was doing so, I noticed that half of the contents in the envelope were already revealed. 

Mark's fingers fumbled to draw the contents out and the next moment with his head tilted, he began reciting the memo out loud. 

"Dear Moon Gi-ssi, I managed to get a pair of complimentary tickets to the movies tonight. So... I'm actually wondering if you would like to join me. If it is alright with you, let's meet at 7pm outside CGV Theatre tonight. See you!", he bawled his eyes at me,

"With LOVE, Jin. Kkeut,"

I swallowed my saliva down my throat as I gently shifted my posture and stared back at Mark in shock. It was so embarrassing to have him to read out that message to me and now that he found out about this, he would definitely tease me even more. 

As expected, it didn't take him long to open that filthy mouth of his, 

"Eyyyy, your face's turning red. Are you perhaps thinking of this as a date?", he raised his eyebrow at me.

"A-ani,"
"Then that's good," I heard him mumble, 

"As you can tell, he did mention that it was COMPLIMENTARY tickets he got, so he didn't actually plan to invite you for a date,"
"T-then, why did he ask me instead? How about his other guy or female friends?", for some reason, I wanted to reason it out with him, as if to proof something. 

Mark shook his index finger and grinned at me, 

"That would be too gay. And just to let you know, you might probably be his last few choices considering the fact that you were chosen over my eyecandy. Hmm, maldo andwae,"

Upon hearing that, I puffed up my cheeks and shot him an angry look. Then, with much force, I pushed him out of my room without giving him any warning. Before I slammed the door in his face, I threw his bag, along with his stationeries into his chest.

"YAH! I'm not done speaking," he tried to hold open the door.

"Go away Mark! I don't wanna talk to you anymore!"
"Fine, but I will be downstairs if you need me for further analysis later. Anyway, just to inform you, I will be ending my shift slightly earlier today so, consult me while I'm still here,"

After which, with the sound of his footsteps gradually drifting away, I walked towards my bed and held up the memo and the tickets together in my hand.

Stupid redhead, I cursed after I read the note again by myself. 

Jin didn't even add in the 'With LOVE' phrase in his note. How dare he toyed with my feelings. 

Plopping down onto my bed, my hand felt for my phone and feeling troubled, I dialed for his number, 

"Namjoon-ah, nawajuseyo,"

-
-
-

"Hey! What are you doing here? I didn't ask you to join us!", I joked with Hoseok once I saw him tagging along with Namjoon towards the entrance of the cafe about three hours later.

"I wasn't planning to join you guys anyway. I'm off to somewhere else,"
"Eodiganeungeoya?"
"You don't know?", Hoseok only chuckled at me. 

"Alright tell me, what did I miss?" I opened the gate and left with them. Walking beside Namjoon, I would sneak a few glances at Hoseok time after time as he has not really answer my question. 

"Say, would you like to grab something from Family Mart?", that was what he asked when he finally spoke.

Waving him off, I laughed at this stupid idea of his.

"Why would I want to buy something from there when I have much better choices at my own cafe?"
"Moon Gi-ah, you really don't know,"
"That's why I'm asking," I faked-strangled Hoseok's neck, demanding him to spill the details now. 

"Not telling. Anyway, I'm making my stop here. Told you that I'm not joining. Ciao!" he halted, loosened my arms from him and stuck out his tongue at me. 

As he happily hopped his way into Family Mart, I was going to sneak an attack on him when Namjoon held me back. When I turned, I saw that he was smiling idiotically with his dimples showing and that increased my level of curiosity. 

"Now, what exactly are you guys hiding from me?"
"It's just that you most likely won't wanna join him,"
"And why is that so?"
"He might force you to gulp down 20 bowls of instant noodles with him,"
"What?", my eyes widened at his words.

Did he just say 20 bowls?

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes,

"Minah-ssi, new girl over the counter,"
"Ahhhh...", I finally got the idea. 

Craning my neck to check out from outside the store, I could already see Hoseok gathering a ladder of instant noodles as he stood by the cashier and sweet talk with her. Sweet, she's a beauty and I'm glad that Hoseok does have a good taste in girls. 

The conversation of Hoseok then dropped and as I walked, I began kicking away anything that was in my way. It was shortly after that Namjoon threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close to him.

"And you, another one. Guy problem I'm assuming?" he cocked his eyebrows at me. 

Sometimes, I really adore Namjoon. After a few years of staying as my best friend, he never fails to disappoint me by his accurate sense and that's the reason why I called him out. And so, on our way to the shopping mall, I narrated the entire story to him.  

"Oh cool! So, it's a date?", he squealed in excitement. 

"Is it?", I asked dubiously. Somehow, I was rather bothered by what Mark had said, so I decided to test it out on Namjoon. 

Fortunately, he shared an entirely different answer from that redhead. 

"Trust me, he's totally into you," Namjoon placed his hand over my shoulder and gave me an approving nod. 

Awwww, thanks Namjoon. 

"And now, it's time to dress yourself up for tonight doll!", he grabbed my hand and was charging towards the mall when something else caused him to pause in his tracks.

"Mark?"
"Huh? He left work early today. You are looking for him?"
"No look," he jerked his head towards the opposite direction. 

Following his gaze, I found a familiar figure standing in front of Mr Kim's bike store.

-
-
-

"Kim sajangnim, pleaseeeee... Could you please reserve this baby for me till the end of this month? I will have enough money when I get my pay by then and I will claim her back,"
"Nope, can't do," despite his incessant pleads, Kim sajang was however not convinced by his idea at all.

"Son, how many times do I have to tell you. This self proclaimed baby of yours is a hot selling item and it's wanted by all. And, I can't keep it just for you anymore. You have been pushing back the time month after month,"
"But I can swear, this is going to be the last,"
"No means no", Kim sajang said to him for one last time before turning away to summon his own son, 

"Myungsoo-ah, could you please pass me the spanner?"
"Ne, abeoji. Anyway, who is that redhead? It feels weird but he somehow looks familiar to me,"
"Nah, he's just a kid who can't afford a Ducati. Now, chop chop and please get back to work,"
"Ne,"
 
As for Mark's side, the morning which had broken like the sweet melody of a blackbird, full of promise, freshness and newness to come, now sat like a cold cup of coffee waiting to be drained away.

With his shoulders slumped, he left the store dejectedly, trudging as he slowly made his way back to the dorm. 

When he finally reached home, he was however taken by surprise when a small little puppy greeted him with its waggly tail. Behind it stood his owner and Mark's mouth gaped open right when he saw him. 

He first scooped up the puppy before he made a dash towards his fellow buddy. 

"Choi Youngjae! Where have you all these years and just who is this little fella you have brought back with you?" 

Exchanging glances between his pal and the puppy, Mark realised that its  head is smaller than his neck. In seconds, his hand was covered in slobber, its tongue of sandpaper almost dripping with every . Its tail wasn't wagging from side to side but instead, going round and round like a helicopter blade.

"Hyung, the name's Coco," Jackson soon appeared from the back to join in the conversation. 

"And as for Youngjae, you're going to be so proud of him. This fella," as he said, he swung his arm over Youngjae's shoulder, 

"He managed to travel all around South Korea and finally succeeded in his dream of becoming a solo street performer,"
"DAEBAK,"

-
-
-

After Youngjae was finished with his story, Mark dragged him to another room and closed the door behind him. Then, he sat him on his bed with Youngjae eyeing him suspiciously this while.

"Hyung, what's wrong with you today?"

Clearing his throat, Mark sat himself next to him and explained, 

"Youngjae-ah, I'm sorry that I have to speak about this although it's only your first day back but, about what you have mentioned last time regarding your uncle requiring a helper at his store, is the offer still valid? If it is, how is the pay like?" 

-
-
-

Stepping out of the fitting room to check out my reflection on the mirror, I couldn't believe my eyes. Covering my arms over my chest, I was just about to rush back into the room to get changed when Namjoon stopped me from doing so. 

"Yah Moon Gi-ah, are you dissatisfied with this?"
"You can't be serious Namjoon," I stared at him in disbelief. 

"It's not a matter of seriousness. This dress looks perfect on you!"
"No, it's way too revealing! I don't care, I'm getting it changed,"
"Oh no you aren't," he insisted and spun me around.

"Look again, it's just a spaghetti strap pink dress," he said and leaning closer, he then whispered into my ears, 

"And I'm positive that this dress will definitely get him head over heels in love with you. Ps, just to let you know, I have a spy. He gave me the news that hyung has this serious obsession over pink,"
"As if I don't know that he's Kookie,"
"Then just listen to my words,"
"Kim Namjoon-"
"Don't Namjoon me. If you want this to work, you jolly well listen to me. Agasshi, don't mind her, we will take this,"

-
-
-

Taking a deep sigh, I soon bid farewell to Namjoon after he dolled me up and left the store. He insisted that I don't get myself a jacket to cover myself as that step is usually left for a gentleman to do. 

Thus, shivering in the cold, I began walking towards the CGV Theatre which Jin had mentioned in the memo. Along the way, I passed by numerous places and it was until I reached the water fountain outside a mall when my eyes caught sight of someone. 

Someone, who was able to make me feel as though I was looking into a mirror.