023

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

A sudden succession of shrill rings cut the silence causing Jin to jump up, feeling startled.

Peering towards the side table, he noticed that it was the phone which was ringing. Groaning, he turned over his body to try and reach for it but it was then, he felt a heavy weight on his arm. Turning his head over to the other side, Jin was glad to find Moon Gi sleeping soundly in his arms. Smiling to himself, he planted a soft kiss on her forehead as he gently shifted his posture, making sure he doesn't wake her up so that she can sleep a little more comfortably. And finally, he managed to sit himself by the bed and hesitantly picked up the call.

"Morning call," a voice chirped happily from across the line,

"Noona, we have just received our second mission card and we think we will need your help," the person continued speaking.

Rubbing his eyes out of his sleep and clearing his throat, Jin then answered him,

"Kookie-ah, your noona is still sleeping,"

"Oh I see...", there was a pause in between before the line went dead. 

Then, seconds later, the phone rang again and Jin answered it, sounding annoyed at him who kept calling.

"Yobeoseyo?"

Jungkook was now stunned by the voice yet again. 

"Whutttt. I SWEAR the number I dialed was to noona's room...", he turned and stared at V, his roommate for a short moment. 

"Hyung, you saw me dialing 131 right?", there were muffles behind the line as the two kept exchanging words with each other. Finally, grasping hold of the situation, Jungkook got back onto the line.

"Who are you," he asked coldly.

"Jin,"

"JIN HYUNG???", Jungkook widened his eyes in total disbelief, 

"HYUNG, YOU SPENT THE NIGHT WITH NOONA???"

-
-
-

The warm ball of light filtered through my thin eyelids awoke me on the second day of our camp. Rays of brightness casted squares onto the glossy floor, reflecting onto several objects in the room which decorated its otherwise simplicity. I blinked a few times, in an attempt to help my eyes adjust to the illumination directed right at my defenseless figure.

Sitting up from the bed, I was however a little disappointed when I saw that the spot beside me was empty. Somehow, last night's events were still vivid in my mind and now that he's gone, I couldn't help but wonder if it really was just a dream. Smacking myself on my head, I told myself to think no more as I stood up and ambled towards the bathroom to prepare for the day. 

Opening the door, I let myself in. Picking up my toothbrush from the shelves, I squeezed adequate amount of toothpaste on it and stuffed it into my mouth. Within a short while, I was pretty much done with it but as I was gargling the water to rinse through my mouth thoroughly, I happened to take a glimpse at the mirror. 

Surprised, I choked on the water and let the toothbrush somersault in the air when I noticed the figure who was smiling nonchalantly at me from the bathtub behind all this while. 

Fortunately, he caught my waist just in time before I slip and fall. My body started heating up as he pulled me into his bare chest and whispered behind my ears,

"Morning,"

I looked up to find his black orbs staring into mine. A lump formed in my throat immediately as my eyes trailed to find that Jin's hair was still wet from the shower and wrapped around his waist, there was only a towel that was separating his d* and my tummy.

To be honest, I am still not quite used to Jin and his teases hence, I felt a little sorry for him when I pushed him aside instead.

"W-what are you doing here?" 
"For a shower,"
"W-why didn't you say anything?"

"You were the one who barged in all of a sudden," he protested,

"If I were to let out any noise at that point in time, you would have seen me ," 

Shades of pink started forming on his cheeks and being the shy him, he chose to leave the bathroom in the end.

"Wash up quick, the guys are waiting," he told me right as he stepped out. 

Within half an hour, I was all ready. Grabbing all of the belongings that were needed for the day, I then gestured for Jin to leave the room along with me. Turning the knob and pulling the door in, I was taken aback when I saw him standing by the door, just about to knock on it. 

"Mark," I called out his name when I saw him but as his eyes landed on the figure behind my back, his face twisted. 

"Ahhh... So you are this kind of girl,"   

He let out a bitter smile and looked down onto the ground before mustering up his courage to meet my eyes once more. 

"I guess I will just find another owner to this," he bit his lips and in his hand, I noticed Kumamon again.

Holding onto his wrist, I stopped him just as he was about to leave. 

"Mark, I will take that. Give it to me," I gave him an earnest look but instead, he flung my arms away, taking me by surprise. 

"No. I don't want anything to do with you now. Get out of my way. ," 

As soon as the words left his mouth, a fist had already met him right smack on his face. Standing in front of me now, Jin was fuming inside, his muscles taut and fists tightly clenched, watching Mark as he stumbled back before getting his balance again.

"I want you to take back those words you've just said," Jin hissed at Mark.

Wiping the blood from the corner of his lips, Mark only stood there defiantly and glared at Jin.

"Kim Seokjin, you will regret this," 

As those words crossed his lips, he flashed me a glance. He was torn and it was a look of remorse he was giving me but nevertheless, I was visibly shaken by his words. Thus, before he could even turn his body away from us this time, I secured my hand around Jin's and took the lead instead.

"Let's not waste the others' time,"

-
-
-

"Moon Gi-ah, we have settled our group name. We're called the Bangtan Boys, aka bulletproof", a confident, triumphant smile spreads across Hoseok's face. 

"Do you hear us?" 
"Noona, noona-"
"Guys, leave her alone for now,"

Not knowing that Jungkook and the rest were calling for my attention non stop, I was still in a daze. I've been down in the dumps thinking about that on and off since  morning, such that I wasn't even aware that the guys had already completed their mission of the day without any of my help. 

It was only when Jin, who waved a spoonful of food in front of me that I finally snapped out of it. 

"Moon Gi-ssi, eat up," 

I gave a strained smile, but deep down, I felt flattered by his thoughtfulness. However, the bright, pleasant feelings I just had quickly wilted once I caught Mark giving me a sideway glance from the other table. 

Letting out a sigh, I took the spoon over from Jin's hand and told him that I will do it myself instead. Of course, he went ahead with my request but swallowing his saliva, he soon spoke.

"Moon Gi-ssi, by the way, do you still remember the place I told you-"

"Yes I do, your eomma," I took a bite from the chicken and gave Jin a reassuring smile.

"Just let me finish this first and off we go,"

-
-
-

"I suppose, this is the place", as Jin pulled up at one corner, he took a deep breath and matched the building's address with the one stated in the memo which Kwon Team Jang had handed him with the other time. 

I watched him stiffen up behind the steering wheel of Suga's car as cold sweat glistened on his furrowed brow.

His eyes were starting to turn watery and his nails were already bitten down to the quick. He nibbled at their frayed, form edges like a famished mouse and so, I brought his hand down and held it tightly. 

"It's okay, I'm right here with you Jin," 

He looked into my eyes and I nodded my head with assurance.

"Ok, let's go," he squeezed into my hand and finally opened the car door. With a heavy heart, Jin stepped out of the car and together, we headed up the second level of the columbarium. 

The steps never cease to click and it was truly the only sound other than our clumsy steps, noises that pronounce our intrusion on these dead friends. Upon reaching the level, we made a few turns here and there and finally, we entered a tiny room where Jin finally let go of my hand as he walked towards one of the niches.

On the wall that has been holding his mother's ashes for the past ten years, Jin stood, letting his eyes roam over it. With the finger of his right hand, he felt the niche and took the time to study the photo of Nam Min Ji. 

Today, he's finally here. 

His left hand tightens involuntarily around his jeans, making the cloth wrinkle. 

"Eomma, oraen man-iya,"

As soon as he said that, he gave way to the enormity of his grief. He sobbed into his hands and the tears dripped between his fingers, raining down onto the ground. His breathing was ragged, gasping and the strength left his legs. He sank to his knees, not caring about the the pain that suddenly shot up into them as they hit the ground. He was noisy, his skin was blotched but I was too shock to even respond, let alone to comfort him. 

I knew that he was sad and also angry at himself for only turning up now, but I felt that probably crying and leaving him as he is would be the best choice, so all I did was to stand at one side as I watched him.

Minutes into sobbing, Jin finally managed to calm down. I saw him standing up and coming over to my side, he said to me.

"Moon Gi-ssi, could you please wait for me here for awhile? I forgot to bring something up from the car,"
"Sure," to which I replied him. 

I stood still at the same spot as I waited but it was then, someone else entered the room. Greeting each other with a bow, I moved away slightly to give him the space to visit his loved one. 

"Yah, aren't you stepping in?" the ahjusshi hollered for another person who was supposedly standing behind the wall, but as I turned my body around at the commotion, I saw that guy he was speaking to ducking away from my gaze swiftly.

Weird, I thought I saw him.

With an eyebrow raised, I turned my body back towards the front the face the ahjusshi.

"Youngsters nowadays," he ranted, 

"Anyway, sorry about that, Miss," 
"Gwaenchanda," I waved him off. 

However, the next moment the memory flashed through my mind and I caught his fingers lingering around the niche of Nam Min Ji, I was so shocked that my mouth gawked open at the sight. 

"Madam, I wonder how are you doing up there?", he asked a rhetorical question,

"It seems like your son is still not yet prepared to see you and therefore, I'm here to talk to you on his behalf. Don't worry, he's doing well now so may you rest in peace. I will try to bring him here again and hopefully, he would have settle down by then. I will see you soon," 

With that, he ended his short speech with a bow before he took a side step to the niche next to it, to a man with a surname of 'Ra'.

"Ahjusshi," I couldn't control myself any longer so I ended up getting his attention. 

He lifted his head up and met my gaze.

"You called me, Miss?"
"Ne,"

"And why? Is there a problem?", he took a step towards me when he saw my body trembling. 

"Miss, are you alright?"
"I-I just want to a-ask you a q-question,"
"Sure, ask,"
"D-do you know Kim Yi En?"

"You-", his eyes widened and as his lips parted, ready to say something, the phone in his pocket suddenly started ringing. 

"Sorry, but I will need to answer this," he told me after checking the caller ID and giving an apologetic bow, he excused himself and stepped out of the room to answer the call. 

During this time, I was left in utter shock as I stole a few glances at the ahjusshi who was still on his phone outside. 

Blinking my eyes, I thought hard in my mind and recollected all the data in my memory. 

He was clearly the person who appeared in the the photo I have taken, I remembered.

And if that was him, would it mean that the kid he was carrying into his arms in the photo was actually Kim Yi En, Jin's dongsaeng?

"Sorry about the wait," Jin's voice brought me back to my senses and startled, I immediately ran out of the room, only to find that the ahjusshi had disappeared. 

"Who are you looking for? I'm here. Moon Gi-ssi, are you alright?"

I turned back to find Jin looking at me worriedly. 

"Y-yes, I'm fine,"