017

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

Jin remained silent as he sat by the table. His face was as white as a chalk and his eyes as well as his mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of blatant implausibility. Although he was staring straight at Kwon Team Jang, he appeared not to notice him at all.

Slowly, he slid his hands back onto his laps with fumbling fingers and leaden eyes. In his mind now, all he could picture and hear was the excited chatter of their miniature selfs, when they were happily playing at the playground, skipping to school hand in hand and receiving their punishments together. Those unforgettable memories of their brotherhood. 

Rearranging his face into something he hoped was nonchalant and casual looking, he suddenly stood up from his seat. 

"I think this information wasn't for me. You must have got it all wrong," he fake-smiled at the ahjusshi and then turned to walk briskly down the lane, away from the police station, away from this formidable nightmare.

However, the ahjusshi managed to catch on with his pace. 

"Kim Seokjin-ssi," he yelled his name out loud, causing the boy to stop dead in his tracks. Then, taking the opportunity to get his attention, he ran down the steps and twirled Jin's body around. With both of his hands placed on his shoulder, he looked straight into Jin's eyes and said,

"He told me that straight in my face. This is the truth. You can't run away from it,"

Upon hearing that, Jin couldn't help but to hold still and gaze at the earnest look on his face. He inhaled a deep breath and muttered under his breath in denial, 

"No, it can't be,"
"Accept it,"
"NO! I CAN'T", he surprised everyone at the scene by screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Seokjin-ssi, calm down," 

"NO! HOW COULD YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN IN THIS SORT OF SITUATION?! TELL ME WHERE IS YI EN NOW! SHOW ME THE CCTV! I WANT TO KNOW HOW HE LOOKS LIKE AND CONFIRM THAT IT'S HIM!"

"Dude, you know I can't,"

Jin threw his head back and laughed. 

"Then how could you expect me to believe you? 'Cos as far as I know, Yi En wouldn't possibly say that... He wouldn't... I just know..." His voice trailed and very soon, his vision too, got blurry from the tears that were gradually secreted by his lacrimal glands. 

Watching him pained him a lot, but Kwon Team Jang couldn't find any other comforting words to console him. Instead, all he could afford out of his mouth was, 

"Seokjin-ssi, perhaps you did hurt your brother in some way?"

Somehow, he couldn't forget the face the dongsaeng had given him when he met him earlier. The sadness, the hatred...

His words left Jin speechless and he even had to pause for awhile to think it through. And finally, Jin responded by shaking his head at him,

"No I didn't. I didn't even do anything to him, did I?"

-
-
-

"Oh," she made a short pause after which,

"Anyway, could you help me pass this to Jin instead? I forgot to return this to him last night," the girl handed me his jacket and I took it over from her hands carefully.

"Sure,"
"T-then, I w-will get g-going now," she stammered as she took a glance at me again from the corner of her eyes. 

"Wait, Bora sunbaenim," I suddenly called out, causing her to look back at me questionably. 

"Can I ask you a question?"
"Ask,"
"Were you on a date with Jin sunbaenim last night?"

My eyes met hers cautiously and at first, I saw her trying hard to avoid my gaze. However, when she finally composed herself, she told me, 

"No, but you can consider it to be one if eating supper together is valid,"
"So you didn't catch a movie with him?"
"No, I only met him there. He was supposed to I think, but I guess his date ditched him,"

"No, I di-," I was about to say that I was his 'date' and that I didn't ditch him, but looking at the weird stare Bora was giving me, I decided not to. 

Swallowing my saliva, I gave her an awkward smile instead and was trying to find an excuse to cover up my mistake when I was saved by the message tone of my phone.

Bringing my phone to my eyes, I realised that Mark had left me with a message.

From: Stupid redhead 🚨

🐒 I'm here already but where the hell are you? You better get your here quick. FYI, Patience is not my Forte. 😡

I gulped at his message and hence, waving my hands at Bora, I said to her quickly,

"Sorry, I gotta run now. See you around in school,"

With that, I wrapped Jin's jacket around my waist and left hastily. 

-
-
-

When I finally arrived outside XXX shopping centre, Mark had his arms folded across his chest and the look on his face wasn't really pleasant. 

As I walked up to him, he was flashing me his wrist watch and tapping on the screen, he nagged, 

"So this is what you call fifteen minutes?" His voice was light and one eyebrow of his was raising in faint sarcasm. 

"Sorry, I was caught up on some other stuff," I apologized to him and taking his hands, I led him to the store right away. 

And it was Mr Kim's bike store which we are standing in front right now.

"What's the meaning of this?" Mark was waving his finger at the place as he glared at me.

Smiling at him, I explained,

"Well, Namjoon and I actually saw you trying to get a bike from here last afternoon,"

His eyebrows plunged into a frown right after I said that and turning away from me, he kept quiet. But, shortly after, his attitude made a 360 degrees change.

"Wait. . Did you bring me here to mock at me?"

I stifle a grin at his words. Bringing my bag down from my shoulder, I fumbled through my belongings and finally brought out the envelope. 

"Why would I do that? Am I that mean to you?" As I asked that, I handed him the envelope.

"Ja,"
"What's this?"

Instead of saying anything, I just jerked my head at him for him to open and see it for himself. 

"Money?", his head shot up and his eyes met mine as soon as he saw the contents. But then, he pushed stuffed the notes back in and shoved it back to me.

"No, I can't accept this,"

I waved my hands at him,

"No Mark, don't get me wrong but this is actually your money. All I did was to ask from my parents to give it to you in advance. So now, just go ahead and get your baby before it's too late,"

For a moment, Mark was left astounded but when he finally broke out of it, he took me by surprise when he pressed his lips against my cheeks all of a sudden.

"I love you, Moon Gi-ssi," 
"What,"
"Don't make me say that again,"

He nodded to himself, seeming pleased beneath his normal stoic expression and I can't help myself from blushing. Then, taking me by my hand, he strode into the store confidently,

"Kim sajangnim, I'm here for my baby. And this time, I mean it,"

-
-

Closing the door behind me, I checked that the pink crash helmet that Mark had gotten me was well secured. 

Mark on the other hand was already at the roadside, sitting astride his baby Ducati Monster 795 ABS and I could tell that he was getting impatient, by the way he was revving it up. He would certainly make it for a professional racer now, for the engine was spotless, and the paintwork and chrome sure gleamed in the sunlight.

"You alright monkey?" he asked, as I swung my leg over the pillion.

"Are you sure this is safe?"

All he did was to chuckle and grasping one of my arm with his hand, he pulled it around his waist.

"Just hold on tight and never let go of me,"

And with a pane-shattering roar, the powerful machine shot out from between my legs, and we were both  halfway down the street.

-
-
-

Yet again, he stood on the brink of something he couldn't describe. The weight of everything seemed to press down on his shoulders and he struggled to take even a single step forward. 

It was too much. All of it. 

The darkness only grew darker; the pain only grew sharper and he began to wonder if things could ever get better.

As he stood still at the peak of the building, he suddenly recalled one of the conversations which they have shared together.

"I don't even deserve to be saved..."
"No, you do. You're not alone," 
"Because they will always stay with you, as long as you choose to believe in them..."

He let his fingers clenched into his palms as he thought hard of the words she had said to him. Giving a sigh, he slowly reached into his pocket and fished out his phone.

"I trust you better," he uttered softly before he gently tapped on her contact.

Thankfully, she picked up the call within the first few rings.

"Yes Jin sunbaenim, what's up?"

His heart thumped faster and ached even more when he heard her voice.

"Moon Gi-ssi, I need you,"

"Huh? Sorry but what did you just say? I can't hear you well sunbae. Wait, MARK! COULD YOU PLEASE PULL OVER FOR A MOMENT?!"

With that being said, the initial roaring of the engine came to a stop and silence fell across the line. 

"Sunbaenim, are you still there?", her voice echoed through the line. 

"Moon Gi-ssi,"
"Ne, is everything alright?"
"I need you,"