028

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

The dark, unlit river bed drove the loneliness home, making me feel even more depressed. My nerves lifted and tears I'd been holding back started pouring out. Sitting along the bank of Han river, there I was, balling my eyes out over a stupid relationship which I thought could have last long. 

Kim Seokjin was initially the man whom I thought I needed to protect forever but instead, I am now the one who was hurting his feelings. I am an idiot for hiding such an important truth from him and I have only myself to blame for this mistake I have made. Burying my face into my hands, I cried softly when soon after, I felt a piece of fabric laid across my shoulder to keep me warm. 

"You need to take care of your health as well. The weather's turning cold lately,"

Taking a seat next to me, Mark sat down on his bum and patted softly on my back. 

"Give him and yourself sometime. I'm sure he will regret giving up on such a gem someday. Ouch-,"

I elbowed Mark upon hearing his words.

"It's not time for jokes redhead,"

"I'm just speaking the truth", he held me on my shoulders and spun me around to face him. 

"And besides that... He's not the only one who's hurting. We all are," 

He leaned forward to hug me and I placed my hands over his arms wrapped around me, and listened to his voice in my ear.

"Always remember that you've still got me. You can come to me anytime. Your stupid redhead will be always be here for you,"

Mark loosened his embrace to lean back and gaze at me shortly after. The waves came crashing and it added sound to the short silence that soon fell between us.

"And maybe. I say maybe, you might want to consider my dad's suggestion?"

"Hmm?", I lifted my head up to look at him solemnly.

"The one about returning to LA with us?", Mark scratched his head. 

"I mean... I'm not forcing you to leave your family right now but.. If you feel that you would like to get some time off here, why not? I do find that it would be better for you as well. It's about time we all sort out our feelings once and for all,"

My mouth parted slightly at Mark's suggestion. However, nothing came out of it even after. With my eyes set upon the beautiful night sky, I could only blink away my tears as I pondered hard over my next decision. 

"You don't have make a decision now. There's still three more days before my dad and I leave for home. So in the meantime, I just hope that you can stay happy monkey. Come on, get up now and I will bring you around for a spin!"

I chuckled lightly at Mark's nickname for me. Then, I felt a tug on my arm and right when I looked up at him, Mark made a swift pull and I was lifted up in no time. Running towards his Ducati, he brought out the familiar looking pink crash helmet from his mini compartment and finally, he secured it around my head.

"And back to its rightful owner,"

-
-
-

"Dude, you owe me an explanation now,"

Right after Moon Gi had left his apartment along with Mark, Seo-joon could no longer take it anymore. Grabbing Jin by his collar, he dragged and pushed him down onto the sofa with him.

"What's going on?"

Jin softened his eyes at him and uttered,

"I don't love her anymore. It's better if she's together with him,"

This made Seo-joon roll his eyes at his pathetic friend and biting onto his lower lip, he gritted his teeth and gave him a last warning.

"Jin. Listen here", he stared into his eyes earnestly.

"If your feelings are so strong that you can't keep them to yourself, then there's no need to hold them back and think what to give priority to. If even you can't control your feelings, then they have to be genuine. If you understand Moon Gi, you would have known that she kept this from you for a purpose. Wake up, Jin,"

-
-
-

For the next two days at school, I wasn't focusing well at all during lessons. My mind was floating else where and even for the breaks, I didn't join Namjoon and the rest for our usuals. They all had worried looks on their faces but even so, they knew best not to bother me when I'm extremely upset. 

Whereas for Mark, he was surprisingly a changed person. He took notes for me while I wasn't paying attention and every morning when I took the bus to go to school, I would always find him tagging along beside me, riding on his bike. Not to deny, this cheered me up a little and I became really thankful towards his act. 

However, this morning when I arrived at my classroom, I found a packed breakfast along with a carton of milk settled on my desk, different from the usual days. Mark happened to enter after me and waving at him, I said to him casually, 

"Thanks for your breakfast,"

He threw his bag over his table and leaning close to me, he studied the package I was holding on to.

"You're welcome but that wasn't from me", he answered. 

I lifted my brows at him and taking a seat down, I ruffled through my belongings to get out my books when Mark reminded me of something. 

"So... Have you given a thought about it? The deadline's today,"

There was a short pause between what I was doing and then after which, I forced a weak smile at him. 

"You will know soon,"

-
-
-

"Moon Gi-ssi. Yah, Ra Moon Gi!" I snapped out of my thoughts when Hoseok's voice was loud enough to bring me back into reality. Staring upfront, I could see Ms Yoon literally bulging her eyes out at me while Namjoon started whispering behind my back that I was supposed to be heading up to the board to fill up the sum. 

Taking in a deep breath, I got up from my seat and took over the chalk which Ms Yoon was handing me with. However, midway into my writing, I was so startled when a figure suddenly barged into our classroom, shouting out loud my name. 

"J-jin?", I blurted out in confusion and he resentfully opened his mouth to speak, looking bothered. I didn't keep in contact with him after that day's breakup and so, seeing him appear here, I was alarmed. 

Catching up with his breath, he leaned against the door of our classroom while everyone else watched on frightfully and when he was finally done with it, all he said to me was,

"Moon Gi-ssi. I was wrong. Please meet me at the rooftop later after school,"

His serious expression had me at loss for words but before I could even answer, Ms Yoon butted in to the conversation.

"And for that, you'll have to get past me first. Ra Moon Gi, you are down for detention tonight and you too Kim Seokjin, for disrupting my lesson. I will let your homeroom teacher know later,"

-
-
-

Class ended hours later and the rest of the gang had to make sure that I had my dinner before letting me off to the detention room. Standing outside the room, they have all accompanied me here and holding on to my hand, Hoseok fake cried,

"You sure you don't need me to sign up for detention as well?" 

He earned a smack on his head by Namjoon for his cringing moves.

"And you sure you don't have a date with your Minah-ssi later?"

Hoseok widened his eyes at Namjoon's reminder.

"Crap sorry, I take back my words!", exclaimed Hoseok and flashing me with an apologetic smile, he continued,

"But you know what Moon Gi, you've got my back!"

This time, fixing his eyes on me, Namjoon too, was concerned.

"You think you can handle this?"
"Well of course she can. Just don't cause any trouble in there monkey,"

It was then Mark commented and the rest of the gang narrowed their eyes at him.

"J-just take care noona and I will come and fetch you in two hours' time!", Jungkook reassured me and ruffling his head, I thanked them before shooed them off after. 

"It's just a normal detention. Chill guys,"

With that being said, I poked my head into the detention room and knocked onto the door.

"Come in", Ms Yoon ordered and I thought I saw her winking her eye at Jin before she told the two of us,

"I will leave you guys to do some self reflection in the time being. I will be heading back to my office now to finish off with some of my work and I will be back two hours later to check up on you guys. Behave alright?"

"Ne", Jin and I answered at the same time but feeling awkward around him, I took the seat a few tables away from him.

This whole session lasted for about an hour and half and time after time, I would receive messages from Mark asking how I was coping. Playing my fingers around my phone, I was contemplating over whether or not should I reply when all of a sudden, Jin grabbed the phone from me as I stung there in surprise. Then right before my eyes, he turned the power off and pulled me up by my arm. 

"Come with me,"

My heart felt as though it was being torn into two. Tears welled in my eyes as I yelled out in protest at his sudden action.

"N-no! Ms Yoon will be back anytime. If that's the case, we will be punished again. I d-don't want to be p-punished", I found an excuse for myself and of course, Jin didn't buy it.

In other words, his hand in mine was solid and reassuring, melting my heart that had been rigid with fear and not knowing when, I was already walking slightly behind him, pulled along by his hand. 

---

Two more chapters to go, if anyone's still reading this :")