015

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

9.15 pm.

 
She had unlocked her phone for the 100th time.  
 
Initially, she was just curious of who exactly would be his date for the movies, but as she waited along with him into the night, she eventually came to realize that something was amiss. 
 
For whoever it was, he or she didn't show up, 'cos the wait has been going on for god damn two hours. 
 
Standing in the middle of the entrance, she bit into her lips as her eyes darted back to the poor figure, who was still fixated against the lamppost, only showing signs of movement when his head starts bobbing up and down now occasionally from the tiresome wait. Although his eyes were tightly shut, his eyebrows were however, angled downwards in a frown. 
 
Needless to say, her heart automatically ached for him as she watched how he was doing. Shuffling impatiently in her steps, she was contemplating whether or not to confront him until a voice sounded from her back. 
 
"Agasshi, do you mind moving aside? You are blocking the way,"
 
Turning back, she found herself coming face to face to a young couple and noticing the crowd which was drawing closer and closer from their backs, it was then she realized that the movie has ended, with people dispersing and making their exit now.
 
"Mianhae," 
 
With that, she apologized quickly to them before jogging off towards his direction. 
 
And now, already standing behind him, she took in a deep breath before mustering the courage to give a gentle tap on his shoulder. 
 
"Moon Gi-ssi?", that was his first response immediately after the tap but twirling his head around, he was however, more than surprised to see her instead.
 
"Bora-ssi?"
"Ne... Annyeong," she gave him a shy smile and when she finally dropped her gaze, she stuttered,
 
“Er J-jin, there’s one thing,” her voice was quieter now, less sure.
 
"Do you perhaps have time for supper?"
 
-
-
-
 
"10,000 won please," 
"In your dreams," I smacked Mark on his head as I got off from his bike once we have arrived.
 
Then, removing and tossing the chicken head back to him, I said,
 
"But still, thanks for the ride,"
"You owe me one now,"
"I know,"
 
I left him with those words and turning my back against him, I was just about to take a stride forward when he called me back. 
 
"E-erm monkey," he coughed while I just had one of my eyebrows raised back at him.
 
"You might want to fix that a little," as he looked back up at me to tell me, a gentle flush of pink had arisen in his cheeks.
 
Fiddling with the site he was showing me with his finger, I literally cursed out loud when I realized that part of my dress was actually stuck to my . 
 
"Fuc-",
"Language!", Mark warned before I could even finish saying the word. At that instance, he was actually reaching forward, wanting to offer his help to me but fortunately, I managed to slap those dirty hands of his away just in time.
 
"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME," I shouted at him and he immediately jerked back, with both of his hands raised up innocently, as if showing that he felt wronged. 
 
"Woah chill, I was just trying to help," he pouted, but after a split second, the corners of his mouth retracted whilst slowly breaking into a ertic smirk.
 
"But on a side note, I see that you really love the colour pink uh," he winked.
 
Ignoring the sensitive comments and nonsense he was spouting, I adjusted my dress hastily and waddled off embarrassedly, mentally making a note in my mind to remember to kill that jerk the next time I see him.
 
However, right when I broke out of my trance and my eyes leveled with the front, I was caught off guard by the scene which was unfolding before me. My legs halted in their steps unknowingly and I could only watch in silence. 
 
Amidst the noisy crowd who were exiting from the theatre, Jin was in all smiles as he came into my view with Bora sunbaenim next to him. With her arms linked with his, the two could be seen leaving the place together, sauntering their way towards the bus stop. A bus was soon seen approaching and right at that moment, I even witnessed Jin grabbing and holding on tightly to Bora's hand reflexively before he pulled her along to make a dash for it. 
 
And all these while, they were totally oblivious to my presence. 
 
-
-
-
 
Her shoulders were slumped and her eyes were casted down in a mournful gaze. was set in a semi-pout and she was kicking every single stone along the sidewalk with the side of her Converse as she ambled aimlessly along the streets.
 
Trailing up behind her on his bike, Mark has been watching her closely from the back. Having to have witnessed the same scene as she did previously, he became conscious of how she may have felt and eventually grew exceptionally worried for this friend of his. 
 
Occasionally, he noticed that she would pause in her tracks, walk and then stop again, but when she finally made a turn towards the other direction and entered a playground, Mark too, quickly parked his bike along the sidewalk and continued following behind her. 
 
-
-
-
 
I was late. I was way too late. 
 
I took our bond for granted and in my naivety, I had thought that it was unbreakable. However, when that bus pulled away with the two seated happily together side by side, I felt as though not only my heart was broken, but also, it was shattered into fragments more numerous than the stars. But, for some reason, I don't know why am I feeling this way.
 
As I meandered purposelessly in the cold dark night, it was not long after that a familiar place came into my sight.
 
The playground lies straight ahead, with its attractive colours glistening under the street lamps of the night and my face couldn't help but to smirk upwards at the sight of the swings to the right. Though I'm in no hurry, I kept walking. The playground wasn't my destination, just a microcosm of memories with Jin. But hey, no, it's home that I'm headed for and that's a journey towards the north...
 
Inadvertently, I had already set my foot into the playground and plopping  down onto the see-saw that was sitting right in front of the swings, I held out the movie ticket and stared soullessly at it with my sad, melancholic eyes. Bringing my fingers to my eyes, I flicked off my tears as they kept swarming in and a few drops even landed on the ticket, making the area more vulnerable to a tear. I was still having those mixed feelings that was unexplainable until I felt the see-saw rising up all of a sudden. 
 
Still in a daze, I turned my body slightly to face the intruder, only to find the redhead frowning at me.
 
"You really like him huh, don't you?"
 
I was surprised by his question but before I was even given the chance to say anything, he had stuffed the chicken head back over my head while saying firmly, 
 
"Clean up yourself and sort out your feelings before you talk to me,"
 
With that being said, a single tear slid down from my eyes, followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed its way down my cheek. It started off as quiet sobs, until it soon grew ferocious and noisy. 
 
Seated right next to me, Mark was watching me all along until he could no longer hold it in anymore. He was my back before he finally pulled me into his chest. 
 
Whispering softly into my ears, I then heard him say, 
 
"Yah Moon Gi-ah, you owe me two now and also, a new shirt," 
 
In the midst of crying, a slow smile crept over my face and I nodded my head slightly as a response to him.
 
Surprisingly, Mark was able to give me the respect of an equal and he cradled me like a cherished child. In his embrace, I felt my sadness gradually drifting away and when I finally adjusted my feelings, I withdrew from him and leaned back to my original upright position.
 
"Sorry about that," I mouthed, but it came out as muffles due to the chicken head which was serving as a barrier.
 
A brief moment of silence then followed before Mark asked carefully for my permission,
 
"So, is it okay for me to remove this now?" 
 
His finger tapped lightly at the side of the chicken head, cautious enough not to hurt me in the process. 
 
Reaching for the sides of it, I lifted it the head up by myself instead and tried to smile cheerfully, but I failed. 
 
Even though Mark saw my failed attempt at a smile, he didn't pressure me to talk about it and he simply smiled back. 
 
"You know, you actually looked really beautiful today but it's such a waste seeing you like this," out of a sudden, he blurted it out. 
 
But as he realised that he had unknowingly made an unusual statement, he immediately snapped out of his reverie as I gaze back at him. Shyly, he explained, 
 
"I meant... You actually looked like a proper lady today," he made a correction to the compliment, causing me to give him a light punch on his arm. 
 
"Oh come on, I know that you're into me," I teased.
 
Mark rolled his eyes to my reply, 
 
"Tch please monkey, don't read too much into it. I just meant that there shall be no drama with you today, that's all," he cleared his throat and continued,
 
"Honestly speaking, it's a real pain in the to impress a girl all the time. But, with you, I feel that I can take it easy, even if we're always bickering," he let out a soft chuckle. 
 
Subsequently, he peered into my eyes when I stopped talking.
 
"Do you need me to call the Jeons for you?"
"A-ani, I don't want to trouble them," I answered him right away. 
 
"Right", he nodded his head as well,
 
"Anyway, Moon Gi-ah, can I ask you a question?"
"Ask,"
"Why is your surname Ra?"
 
I cracked up at his question for me. Then, forcing myself to look back up at him, I said,
 
"Lol redhead, it sure took you long enough to realise that,"
"Hey, you are not answering my question,"
"Alright fine," I shrugged my shoulders at him,
 
"I was kind of adopted and they are not my biological parents,"
 
At that point in time, Mark dropped dead at my answer. I noticed that he was behaving rather strangely and I got suspicious of it. Hence, I got closer to him and peered into his eyes. 
 
"Is something wrong? You're acting weird," ironically, I was in the position to ask him that now.
 
A heavy silence settled over us and his uneasy eyes glanced unceremoniously around, trying to avoid catching mine that passed by. Mark shifted uncomfortably in his seat and he grasped his sweaty, nervous hands under the see-saw, while shuffling his feet against the sand. Worried by his behaviour, I placed my hand over his right away and called out,
 
"Yah Mark, are you alright? I m-mean if you are feeling bad over having to have asked me that question, I'm okay with it. Jinjja," I told him seriously.
 
However, he only shook his head at me.
 
"It's not that," he mumbled softly,
 
"It's just that, I realised that the both of us actually share a similarity,"
"Eh?"
 
He looked earnestly into my eyes,
 
"I was adopted as well,"
"What? Yah Mark Tuan, if you are fooling around with-"
"I'm serious,"
 
I held my breath at his words. 
 
"My father left when I was young and both my mother and brother abandoned me after which," as he said in a jittery tone, I could make out that there was a tinge of sorrow in it.
 
Shifting myself closer to him, it was my turn to console him. Patting on my shoulder, I gestured for him to lean against me but he rejected my offer. 
 
"It's okay, I don't borrow a woman's shoulder," he laughed,
 
"Anyway, let's stop emo-ing and get our butts out of here,"
 
Standing up on his feet, Mark held his hand out to me and I took it without even thinking twice. To be honest, when he's holding my hand like this, he really does seem more reliable than usual. Slowly, he guided me back towards his bike and placed the chicken head over me again. 
 
"Ja, woo-ri gaja," 
 
With that, I felt both the vibrations of the bike and the boyish fervor coming from Mark through my arms. 
 
-
-
-
 
As soon as he opened the door, footsteps could be heard thumping down from upstairs. Incoming, Jungkook was the one who came greeting him first.
 
"Hyung! So how did the date went?", he asked excitedly right when he saw him. 
 
However, as he stuck out his head towards Jin's back, his face showed a whole lot of confusion when he realised that he actually came home alone.
 
"Mwo? Where's noona?"
"She's not home yet?"
"You mean she wasn't with you all these while?"
"Nope, she didn't turn up and I couldn't get hold of her,"
"Aish this noona", Jungkook cursed under his breath,
 
"Anyway, head in first hyung, it's cold outside,"
"No, it's okay. I'm just going to stay out to wait for her,"
"What-"
"I will be alright,"
 
Having said that, Jin made a U-turn back outside the cafe and sat on the porch, tugging both of his knees into his chest with his arms. 
 
Watching from the inside, Jungkook was indeed feeling bad for his hyung. 
 
He could feel that the night air was wicking his heat away faster than his body could replace it. Jin hyung could turn back of course, but then why did he choose to continue to stay there like an idiot? It's not like noona might even return anytime soon. Just when he was about to open the door to forcefully drag Jin in, the purr of a engine startled him and he could now see Jin slowly raising up from his seat. 
 
-
-
-
 
When his bike halted to a stop in front of the cafe, I thanked Mark once again for his accompany. 
 
Smiling at him, I was curious so I asked him,
 
"What about this job of yours now?"
"I guess I'm probably fired right on my first day. So, be nice to me, boss," he chortled.
 
I giggled at his comment and right when I turned away to leave, he held onto my hand.
 
"Moon Gi-ssi," he called out to my name,
 
"Do you want to go out anytime soon? 'Cos that will make you closer to me and for me to feel the same way as you,"
 
Mark's words caught me by surprise. I gulped, trying to formulate a response to him but at that same time, another voice could be heard calling after me.
 
Spinning my back at the call, I was baffled as Jin came running towards me and hugging me in the end.
 
"Do you know how worried I was? I thought that something bad had happened to you," that was all he said before he withdrew from the embrace and placed his arms on my shoulders, staring intently into my eyes.
 
Then, as he finally took notice of Mark's presence, he turned to him swiftly and said, 
 
"Hi, you are Mark right?"
"N-ne,"
"Thanks for bringing Moon Gi back. By the way, I forgot to introduce myself to you the other time," Jin held his hand out to Mark. 
 
"Jeoneun Kim Seokjin ibnida, but you can just call me Jin,"
 
-
-
-
 
His words were so out of character, so far from what he had knew of him. For a moment, Mark just stared at him, open mouthed. His brain formulated no thoughts other than to register that he was shocked. He closed his mouth, then looked at his toes before glancing back up to catch his eye. 
 
"I think I'll go now," was all he could say in the end.