021

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"Let's wrap up for the day," 

Retrieving Moon from my neck, I bid farewell to Sunggyu's team, kept my tripod and began bringing the props back to the main set. It took up the rest of the day for everyone to complete their shots and trudging back to the small tent which was set up for us at one spot, I found a seat next to Seo-joon oppa.  

"Looks like Jungkook-ie and the rest did a really great job. And, Moon Gi-ah, you ain't too bad yourself," 

Attaching the cable to the laptop, he clicked onto the photographs and reviewed them one by one. On the screen, he moused over the team's shot and he just wouldn't stop smiling at all the team spirits.

"Anyway, check this out," he stopped and pointed at the monitor screen. 

"This wasn't too bad either right?", he smiled at me.

Inching forward, I saw that it was the group shot of JB's team and it was taken by Seo-joon oppa himself. 

The background featured a place which looked like a warehouse, and it alludes to a concept that may not be as bright as the boys' usual boyfriend-next-door theme.

"Angsty much," I commented while Seo-joon oppa shrugged his shoulders at me.

"I'm just trying to protray a different side of them. Speaking of angst, I came up with the name for this particular image even," he boasted.

"Mad," 

I nodded my head in approval.

"Hmm, not bad. It fits the theme,"
"How about you?", he tilted his head to the side and asked me.

Scrolling to the set of images I have taken, I stopped at Jungkook's team and pondered for a short while.

"In the Mood for Love,"

Upon hearing that, Seo-joon oppa choked on his own saliva.

"Are you referring to more of yourself?" he joked but after saying that, he took a glance at his watch.

"Hmm, it's about time. Go on and join the rest. I heard that he's bringing you somewhere tonight," he cocked his eyes brows at me,

"And don't you worry, I will able to handle editing these photos by myself. Have fun," he waved me off.

-
-
-

I have been sauntering up and down the lobby, waiting for the slow hands of the clock to reach the hour fixed for our departure. The fact that these hands never move soon started to release the impatience in me and during the wait, I had already seen a couple of members of the club leaving the hotel, off to party. In spite of being the only girl who was going to hang out with them, I was however the first to get ready. 

"Can't wait to hang out with me?", my head jerked up at the voice that sounded and facing the front, I saw Mark exiting from the elevator. 

"You're early,"
"Where's the rest?", I questioned impatiently.

"They will meet us there. For now, it's just you and me," he smiled cheekily and pulling me along, we left to first take the bus to the venue. 

-
-
-

The weather was just right, not too cold or warm for the night, perfect for a day at the carnival. Although the sky has already turned dark, a few candy-floss clouds were still visible from above.

Alighting from the bus, Mark took the lead and the entrance to the carnival could be seen in the distance, with the long queues edging forward slowly. Customers were becoming increasingly excited and impatient as they took a few steps forward every so often. Faint music could be heard from beyond the tall gates, with the occasional happy screams suddenly piercing through the air. 

Closer to the entrance, the massive structures of the rides could be seen - a rollercoaster, a big ferris wheel, a disco tagada ride. 

Below, younger children stood watching, eating their sweets and snacks. Ice creams wobbled perilously over the cones and dripped down their small fingers as they melted. Some were also seen munching onto brightly coloured balls soft sugar strands that dissolved on the tongue - sweeter than sweet and sticking to the teeth better than glue, whereas a few ate too much and complained to their mummies and daddies.

"Stick your hand out," 

I was still awed by the sight when Mark called out to me. Doing as told, I held out my arm for the attendant who was standing next to me to wind a tag round my wrist. 

"Have a great day," she then chimed.

"Thanks," I replied and seconds later, Mark joined me by my side and held onto my hand tightly.

"Just in case you get lost. Look at the crowd here," he explained before I looked at him for an answer.

"Anyway," it was more like he was shouting rather than speaking to me due to the loud music and noises which were circling around us. 

"Where shall we begin from?"

My eyes scanned through the surroundings and when it landed on the ride which got the most number of people screaming, I pointed my fingers at it. 

"That," I smiled smugly. 

"Call,"

-
-
-

"That was just way too awesome,"

Mark howled positively, slapping his hand up and down almost involuntarily and could barely breathe from laughing. Fat tears were rolling down from his cheeks and it took several minutes before it subsided. 

"Mark. Just are you alright?" I gave him a dubious look before handing him some tissues to wipe his face.

Only then could he tell me what he had found so amusing.

"My hearteu. I might just die from heart attack anytime," 

I never saw this as a joke, but in those moments of his laughter he was trying to use to cover up his fear with, the temperature around us rose a couple of degrees and I couldn't help but stifle a grin.

Taking the tissue from his hand, I decided to help him in wiping off the beads of perspiration which managed to form on his forehead despite this weather.

"You should have informed me earlier if you couldn't take the ride. We could have skipped it,"

"But that would defeat the whole purpose of coming to a carnival,"

"True," I finally formed an agreement to his words,

"Speaking of which, why don't I see the boys around?"

Mark's eyes wavered back and forth as he stood there, looking at me. He didn't say a word and that was when I realised it. 

"Don't tell me-"
"Bingo, it may be just what you're thinking,"

I stared at him in disbelief.

"Yah, Mark Tuan,"
"I didn't exactly force you to come along with me,"
"But you told me this wasn't a date,"

"And you are naive enough to believe what I said," he was half laughing, half hiccuping now. 

I folded my arms across my chest, displeased with him for tricking me into joining him. So, leaving me alone to simmer down, he left for short while before returning with two sticks of hotdogs in his hands.

"Ja,"

My eyes flickered over to his and then to the hotdogs.

"Look, I'm sorry. But, since we are here, why not we enjoy ourselves?", he probed further.

Sensing his sincerity, I snatched the hotdog off from his hand and walked off. 

"Yah monkey, wait up,"

We walked around the carnival, played a few more rides and finally, Mark halted in his steps when we came across a booth with a lot of plushies attached towards the back. 

I saw him sticking out a few bills before passing it to the ahjusshi at the booth, who then handed him with a basket full of balls in exchange. 

Slowly, Mark picked one up, and with one of his eyes closed, he seemed like he was aiming for the cans that stood still over at the far end. 

"You reckon how many can I knock down?", he then asked me.

"Hmm, one or two maybe?", I made a guess and laughed. 

"Well, I shall prove you wrong then,"

Having said that, he gave a forceful but skillful , and in a moment's time, all of the cans were knocked out. My mouth gaped open at the sight and I clapped my hands impressively at him. 

"DAEBAK," the ahjusshi was shocked too and he even asked to shake his hands. 

"Impressive shot there son! Now, get your girlfriend here to choose whatever she likes,"

I waved my hands frantically at him.

"I'm not his girlfriend,"

"Of course it's not for you idiot, but please, do me a favour by helping me choose. I can never know what girls like," Mark chuckled while he suggested. 

I took a step forward to study the choices. After much contemplation, I pointed at the Kumamon which was hanging by the side and the ahjusshi got it down instantly. 

"There you go. Hope that you've had a great day,"

Mark held Kumamon in his arms while I took a few glances at him.

"Speak,"
"Huh,"
"Whatever's in your mind. Tell me,"

"I-", I stuttered at him for being able to see through me so easily.

Scratching the back of my neck, I formed a flat smirk across my crooked lips.

"I wonder who's the lucky girl getting Kumamon,"
"And who do you think she is,"
"If I know, I wouldn't be asking,"

Mark shrugged his shoulders. 

"I'm not sure too. I'm still thinking whether or not to give her actually,"

I turned my body around to face him.

"Why not?"
"I feel that she doesn't like me,"
"Just give it a try. I'm sure that it won't hurt,"
"You make it sound so simple," he rolled his eyes at me.

"And if I were to take your words, I will hold you responsible for it,"
"Sure,"

-
-
-

Mark and I parted ways before we entered our respective hotel rooms.

"Goodnight," I said to him before I scanned the card and entered my room. 

Turning in around the corner, I found Bora sitting on her bed, wearing a tiger mask. 

"Omona kkamjjakiya," I shot up in fright and holding onto my chest, I took a rest at the edge of the bed that was nearest to me. 

"Have you spoken to Jin?", she asked right when she saw me.

"Nope,"
"I advise you to do so soon, before I regret my decision," she warned and then climbing off from the bed, she headed towards the bathroom to wash up.

At the same time, the doorbell to our room rang and since I was conveniently standing near it, I attended to it right away. 

Pulling the door in, I was surprised to find Mark standing there with a nervous look on his face. And, in his hands, he was hugging tightly to the Kumamon which he had won from the carnival. 

I looked up at him skeptically and just when I figured out why he was here for, I excused myself for a minute before dragging Bora out with me.

"Here," I had a huge grin on my face.

"Do it Mark. Hwaiting!", I reckoned that he needed some support so I was pretty much giving him all the encouragement I could afford from the back. 

Bora however, was in a state of shock and she could only look back and forth at the two of us in confusion. 

"Eh... Mark?" I tried getting his attention back and when his eyes met mine, I saw a glint of determination. 

His large strong hand suddenly grasped mine and I couldn't stop my heart from pounding.

"You idiot. You can never tell, can you?", Mark let go of Kumamon and held me tightly into an embrace.

I tried to look up but he buried my face into his chest. Then, resting his chin on my head, I heard him whispering quietly into my ears,

"The one I like is you. Ra Moon Gi,"