008

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"So, you are telling me now that I'm paired up with HIM for future project works?", my eyes bulged out as I asked Namjoon. 

 
Namjoon, Hoseok, Jr, JB and Jackson have all dropped by the sick bay to visit me once they ended class. Placing my bag on the table next to me, Namjoon sat down beside me and felt for my hand.
 
"Mian, we were all paired up in a flash and we couldn't find anyone else who's a more suitable candidate for you other than Mark. Plus, it was tough 'cos you two were the only ones not present for class", he explained, with the others nodding their heads frantically in agreement.
 
Sitting across my bed, Mark is frowning hard as well. Unfolding his arms from his chest, he stood up and walked towards his buddy, 
 
"Yah, Wang Jackson, why didn't you tell Saem that you were going to partner with me?"
 
As soon as he asked that, Jackson took off his snapback and ruffled his hair. Biting hard into his lip, he looked at the rest for help but they only shook their heads at him in a mocking way. After mustering up some courage, he finally told Mark the truth, 
 
"Aishhh. 'Cos Heo Youngji asked me to pair up with her and so I agreed. Hyung, you do know that she's my eyecandy so-"
"Enough said," Mark massaged his temples, 
 
"You baesinja,"
 
That's all he said before he stomped out of the room. 
 
"Hyung,"
"Jackson-ah, just let him be", Jr held him back. 
 
"He've got to learn to grow up soon. He's supposed to be one year older than all of us but I don't get it as to why he always acts like this", JB muttered. 
 
"Eh? He's an oppa?", I shook my head in disbelief to which Namjoon responded to by nodding his head.
 
"I just heard from Jackson too,"
"Anyway, Bambam just texted us that Jungkookie had found a new place for his band, so let's head there now Moon Gi", Hoseok took my bag with him as he said to me.
 
However, my gaze was still fixed on the exit. Somehow, I felt that there was something just not quite right with Mark. After much contemplation, I held onto Hoseok's wrist, stopped him and brought down my bag from his shoulder.
 
"Ani-ya", I said to the boys, "You guys go ahead. I will just check up on my, you know, partner,"
 
-
-
-
 
Beads of perspiration trickled down from my forehead as the scorching sun beat upon my back. Checking the time on my watch, I realised that I have already spent an hour searching for Mark around the entire school. Squatting down to tie my loosened shoelace, I then decided to try my luck at the school garden. 
 
Just as I stepped out of the building, two seniors happened to pass by me and what both of them were talking about caught my attention. 
 
"Minhyuk-ah, isn't it weird that Jin didn't turn up when it's only the second day of school?"
"Yea,"
"Do you think that he's alright?"
"Molla,"
"But do you happen to have his address? I am thinking of checking up on him later-"
"Ah molla!", the male student suddenly flung his arms up and faced the girl irritatedly,
 
"Yah Yoon Bora, do you mind not talk about him when you are with me? It gets on my nerves,"
 
With that, the guy left, leaving the poor girl standing alone along the hallway. And, I was there all along too, watching the two converse.
 
Could the Jin they were talking about be the same Jin I have in my mind? And if it really is, why didn't he come to school today? My head was filled up with all these thoughts that I soon pushed aside my initial plan of finding Mark.
 
However, what I didn't realise was that I was still standing at the same position while being deep in thoughts, and that Bora sunbae might soon discover that I was eavesdropping to their conversation. Just as she was about to turn back to face me, someone pulled the top of my bag and dragged me out roughly.
 
"AHHH AHHH AHHH, HAJIMA~", I groaned in pain as the person was pulling with an abnormally strong force. When we were finally out in the sun once again, he halted and gave a final tug on my bag before he turned his back against me.
 
Placing an arm over my shoulder and rolling them backwards, I turned back slowly to face him.
 
To my surprise, I find a redhead leaning against the tree. 
 
"M-mark", I stuttered. 
 
"Look, it's okay if you don't want to partner with me. I can find Saem tomorrow and tell-"
"Ani-ya, I'm okay with it,"
"You what?", I noticed that his body flinched a little when he heard me.
 
Clearing my throat, I repeated myself.
 
"I say I'm okay with it,"
"Jinjjya?", this time, he finally turned his body around to face me. 
 
"Ne", I smiled, 
 
"Unless you are telling me that you won't contribute at all,"
"Do I seem like such a person?"
"Yes,"
 
He rolled his eyes at me and punched his fist on the bark of the tree.
 
"For goodness sake. This is only my second day knowing you and you are already judging me?"
"Come on, that's because you didn't exactly give me a good impression of yourself in the first place,"
"FINE", he grunted but gradually, his mouth started forming a cunning smile. Soon, all I could see was his face drawing closer to mine as he cornered me such that my back was leaning against the tree now.
 
"Anyway", I could feel his breath blowing against my ear as he asked,
 
"Are you perhaps looking for me all these while?"
 
He kept gazing enticingly at me and I could feel blood rushing to my face. 
 
"A-aniya.."
"Liar,"
 
He laughed straight into my face,
 
"I swear I saw a girl behaving like a monkey as she ran up and down the stairs looking for someone, and pssstt, I even heard her calling out for a person by the name of 'Mark Tuan'", he whispered into my ears.
 
"You saw...", I mumbled. 
 
Feeling rather uncomfortable by our close proximity and how he had humiliated me by exposing the truth, I brought his arm up and stepped away from him. Just as I was about to leave, he threw me another question.
 
"Yah Moon Gi-ssi. So what made you change your mind?"
 
This caused me to stop in my tracks. I gave it a thought before I answered him,
 
"I didn't want to disappoint you,"
"Heol, how did you know if I even was?"
"I can tell,"
"How-"
"Trust me,"
 
I turned and saw that he had an amused look on his face. 
 
"I have seen enough scenes to see through people's feelings", I answered. 
 
Nonetheless, Mark held a questionable look on his face as stepped forward. Placing his hands on my shoulder, he stared intently into my eyes as he said to me,
 
"Are you sure you that you were never once wrong about it?"
 
He was behaving so intimately that I just had to push him away from me this time. After adjusting his shirt, Mark threw his bag over his shoulder.
 
"Aren't you heading back to COFFEE TERIOR now?"
"Ani, I have somewhere else to go first,"
"Alright, suit yourself,"
 
-
-
-
 
After making a round at the convenience store, I realised that I'm back at the entrance to the basement once again. To be honest, I have no idea why am I always getting worried about him, but the fact that I saved him made me felt as though I am responsible for him now. 
 
Giving the door a few knocks, I called out to him at the same time.
 
"Sunbae, Jin sunbaenim. Neon gwaenchanhnayo?"
 
Within a few seconds, someone attended to the door and I immediately looked up at him worriedly. 
 
"Omo. Moon Gi-ah, looks like you found your way here,"
 
Much to my surprise, it was Namjoon standing by the door and following behind him, I soon saw the faces of Suga, Yugyeom, and V. 
 
"M-mwo? W-what are you guys d-doing here?"
 
-
-
-
 
I tried to slap myself awake as I stated at the sight in front of me in disbelief. Previously, the incident at the basement was more than enough to shock me, but now that I'm at home, and the fact that he is standing at our kitchen, makes it even more atrocious. 
 
Maldo andwae, I cried as I felt the stinging sensation which soon confirmed that it wasn't a dream. 
 
Jin, who is dressed in a pink apron, is now standing at our kitchen, in my house, cooking dinner for the entire gang. 
 
Occasionally, when he is done with a dish, he would came out and place them neatly on the table and give me a smile each time he appears. 
 
And, this is driving me crazy. 
 
"Ahhhh", I let out my mind but it only sent all eyes on me. 
 
Eomma had her eyes narrowed at me now for my inappropriate behaviour in front of all the guests. Feeling anxious of the look she was giving me, I tried to explain myself in all ways.
 
"Aniya eomma, I was thinking that how could you make sunbae cook when it's only his first day here? I understand that we are renting out a room to him now but this is-"
"Moon Gi-ssi, nan gwaenchanada", 
 
It was then Jin who appeared from the kitchen again. Settling the very last dish onto the table, he signaled for all of us to begin tucking in as he shared his joy for cooking,
 
"Yeoreoboon, I would like to thank all of you for giving me this chance to cook for all of you. If you don't know, I really enjoy cooking and I have this dream even since young. It might sound funny but it's the truth", he took a quick pause,
 
"I want to be a Jin that mothers would like watching on the TV,"
 
Upon hearing that, I almost choked on my drink but Jimin was quick enough to pat on my back.
 
"Gomawo Jimin", I thanked him.
 
The dining table was soon bustling with joy as everyone showed their pleasure with Jin's company. Shortly after everyone has finished their meal, woori abeoji was the first to stand up from his chair. 
 
Holding a glass of soju in his hand, he yelled out loud across the table,
 
"To Jin who will be joining us as part of the Jeon Family now! Let's all do a toast!"
 
As we all stood up for the toast, I then felt Seo-joon oppa nudging me,
 
"Woah Moon Gi-ah, looks like Jin ate your bait", he tried to fool around with me but I succeeded in stepping hard on his toes, causing him to yelp in pain. 
 
And very soon, the dinner ended just like this.
 
It was an hour later that Jin had a cold shower and stepping out from the bathroom, he had a towel draped around the lower part of his body. Just as he was just about to enter a room, he heard a voice calling out to him from behind.
 
"Sunbae, where do you think you are going?", I eyed him suspiciously and immediately stood in front of him to block his way. 
 
Looking up, he then realised that that was actually my room he was about to enter.
 
Chuckling to himself, he apologized to me quickly, 
 
"Ah mianhae, I kept thinking that this is my room as I have this serious obsession over pink. I'm really sorry about that,"
"It's okay,"
 
He turned around, preparing to walk off but I called him back,
 
"Gomawoyo sunbae. Thanks for giving up your place for Kookie. I really appreciate it,"
"More like I'm the one who should be thanking your family for taking me in", he beamed,
 
"Anyway goodnight,"
"Ne, jalja~"
 
Closing the door behind me, I couldn't help but to feel for my chest for my fluttering heartbeat. Oh my goodness, I just saw Jin with his hair wet and those dripping water that ran down his toned body in rivulets. It sent me haywire.
 
And also, not forgetting about his smile. It was like a ray of sunshine, and I am sunburnt.
 
Plunging onto my bed, I tried hard to settle down my thoughts when it was then my eyes just so happened to dart elsewhere and I realised something amiss.
 
My guitar, eodi geoya?