025

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

Maybe he was afraid to be found out, so that's why he avoided eye contact with me after some time.

"Care for some explanation?", I prompted him again after the long silence we shared. 

His back was still facing me and I could see his shoulders rising up and down momentarily, which means that he was breathing rather heavily. I must have made him flustered by suddenly exposing the truth I had learnt but still, I felt that it was time to clear things up once and for all. 

Mark held his head up in the air and taking in one last deep breath and clearing his throat, I then heard him mumbled softly,

"Let us talk over some food,"

-
-
-

Very soon, the both of us patronized one of the street vendor's booth that was still set up for the night and settling down on the stools, Mark did the honour of ordering some Soju and fish cakes. During this entire time, I was watching him closely and when his eyes darted to mine, I immediately looked away from him.

"Now, what do you know about me?", he flicked his head at me and leaned his body forward, with his elbow supporting his chin. 

"Your real name is Kim Yi En,"
"U-huh,"

Strangely, I could hardly keep my head straight as I saw him acting so nonchalantly. Nevertheless, I continued on with my words.

"And... You are Jin's long lost dongsaeng,"

He raised his eyebrows at me and just as the ahjumma delivered our orders to the table, he reached for the Soju without any hesitation. Skillfully, he opened the lid and let the fluid run down his throat. I saw his Adam Apple moving up and down and when it stopped, he was staring still at me. 

"So, it seems like you've heard our story from him,"
"Yes. But Mark, it was a misunderstanding all along. Your eomma and hyung didn't abandon you-"

"NONSENSE", he had a huge reaction to those words and scoffing at me, he shook his head in denial.

"Don't try to speak up for them because I can still remember that day. The day which will forever be etched in my mind. The day when I opened my eyes and the next thing I found myself in was an unfamiliar setting", he ran his fingers through his hair in a few quick successions.

"No eomma, no hyung but strangers", there was this tinge of sadness in his voice as he reiterated those scenes to me.

I admit that my heart was cringing for him but recalling Jin's side of story, I wasn't willing to give up on convincing him that he might be wrong. There must be some area that Mark has left out. 

Mark had his head supported on the table now as he started to sob and reaching forward to his hair, I said softly to him,

"But Mark... It's all true. They didn't leave you on purpose. Jin was trying to save your eomma from the fire but unfortunately, you guys lost her in it", I paused and gave him a look of sympathy.

"I knew all this because I was there. If you do recall that that photograph of you and that ahjusshi was taken by me,"

Mark raised his head up slightly upon hearing my words. He tilted it to one side and wiping away the tears which were flowing down his cheeks unchecked, he asked with his brows knitted,

"F-fire? W-what fire?"

I looked at him a little strangely, then took a bite from the fish cake. 

"There was this massive fire that occurred at our apartments and everyone had to evacuate", I explained but seeing him frown, I could sense that something wasn't quite right. 

I looked at him skeptically and swallowing my throat, I asked him slowly, 

"Mark, by any chance do you not remember the fire?"

His head jerked up at once and looking into my eyes, he seemed as though he was trying to search for more answers. He closed his eyes and thought hard but when they finally fluttered open, all he showed me was a shake of his head. 

"I-i don't remember anything like this... But why does everyone keep telling me this? Papa Tuan and now, you...", he trailed as he formed a firm grip on his head. 

He groaned in pain after a short while and scrambling over to his side, I immediately held the bottle of Soju down from his hand and brought his head to my shoulder.

"Mark, you've had enough for the day. Let's just put an end to this and think of how you should reconcile with Jin now", I told him but shockingly, he flung his arms away from me and started throwing tantrums. 

"SILH-EOYO", he threw his arms up in the air and stood up abruptly, but stumbling once in a while as he couldn't keep his balance.

"I DON'T LIKE HOW HE MANAGE TO GET YOU WHEREAS ALL I CAN DO IS ONLY TO STAY BY YOUR SIDE AS A BROTHER", he continued yelling,

"Moon Gi-ah, I don't want to be your brother... Tell Papa Tuan for me... Tell him to forget the past promise and not adopt you. Chebal", he sniffed.

An oppressive silence filled the place. I sat there stunned, as I try to absorb the story he had just told me. I felt a dull, aching pain in my chest and I recalled the sadness in his eyes but what he had just said, what had it all meant?

I held my hands on his shoulders and shook him briefly.

"Yah Mark Tuan! What did you just say? Can you make yourself clear?"

"Hic", he hiccuped,

"You're Ra Moon Gil's daughter,"

I flinched and some drizzles started forming from the sky.

"Y-you know my f-father?"
"Hic. I don't. Hic. But Papa Tuan does hic,"

My hands slid down from his shoulders and staring down at the ground, I felt all the tiredness and stress that's accumulated in my body during the course of the day. 

Does that mean that woo-ri appa is still alive? 

Gradually, I stood up from my squatted position and studied Mark's figure in front of me. I knew that I couldn't possibly get him to say more with this situation he is in now, so I left the bills on the table.

"I'm sorry Mark, but I've to go now,"

As soon as the words left my mouth and I stepped out of the booth, the patter turned into a downpour like buckets of water being thrown down from the sky. I ran down the sidewalk, slashing through the already deep puddles. 

If my appa is still alive, why didn't he come and find me?

"Moon Gi-ssi,"

Seconds later, I heard someone calling after me. He ran up to me shortly after and he was holding on to me so tightly, pressing me up against the wall after he led me into an alley.

"Please give me a chance", I could hear the self-loathing in his voice before his lips slammed against mine in the next moment.

This was so different from when he kissed me before. My heart fluttered and at the same time, I felt something warm tricking down my wet face. I'm suddenly aware that I'm crying. I was so angry and sad that I couldn't even bother to resist his kiss. Our lips parted later and he embraced me tightly. I was soaking wet but my body felt really warm. As he grunted my name, I felt his hot breath in my ear.

"Moon Gi-ssi, please let me take care of you,"

Without knowing, I leaned into his embrace but just then, I felt another hand pulling me aggressively towards him. I grimaced as the pain ran up my arm but nonetheless, his grip on me only got tighter.

"It's okay, I will take care of her from here. But thank you anyway, Mark,"

With that, Jin marched off with long strides, pulling me along with him as we leave Mark behind. He led me to a shelter which was just a short distance away. 

There, Jin stood still for a while without saying anything before he finally turned me around to face him. 

"You disappeared afterwards while I told you to wait. So, I ended up running up and down searching for you, but... You were with him..."

He brushed my hair back with his hand. His gaze was so cold that I felt like a complete stranger to him. It felt like there was a wall between us as I watched him putting up a front like this. 

Gradually, his hand slid down to caress my face. His hands on my cheeks were gentle, in contrast to the coldness to his voice.

"Moon Gi-ssi", he exhaled hard,

"Should I question you on what happened back there?"

As Jin stared into my eyes with a sharp look, his face got closer and closer. He was so close that his lips were almost on mine. However, he pulled back when he noticed that I only kept silent.

"You are all wet", he took a step back, scanned me from head to toes and taking off his sweater, he placed it gently over my shoulders. Then, turning his back against me, he bent down and gestured for me to get on top of him. 

"Ja, climb on", he offered. 

I was reluctant to get onto him at first but sensing it, he pulled my hand swiftly and secured my arms over his neck before I could even say anything.

"Now, have a goodnight sleep", he cooed as I finally let myself down and rested my head on his back. 

-
-
-

Neither of us spoke for the next day, the last day of our camp. Partly because that all of them was busy preparing for their last mission in the night while the other reason behind it was that Jin and Mark were both avoiding me. 

This lasted all the way till the night when the club was settled in at a camping site, awaiting for the finale to start. Everyone was seated at the back, facing the stage and in the middle, there were unlit logs and twigs situated there. 

At 7pm sharp, the finale begin. Time was flashing by fast and before you knew it, a few groups were already done with their performances and they could be seen heaving a sigh of relief that their turns were finally over. From below, Mr Park then went back up onto the stage to announce the next lineup. 

"Next up, Bangtan Sonyeondan,"

Jungkook, who was sitting next to me slid his arm across my shoulder.

"We are next, wish me luck noona,"
"Ne, fighting,"

"And here we go", Namjoon exhaled and asked for the guys to gather. They did a cheer and finally climbing up onto the stage, Namjoon took the mic. 

"Hana, dul, set! Bang! Tan! Annyeonghaseyo, Bangtan Sonyeondan ibnida", they all bowed and introduced themselves. 

"Today, in conjunction to the last mission, we are going perform this song called 'Boys In Luv' which is written by Jin hyung. We hope that all of you will like it,"

My eyes flickered to Jin right away and from the stage, he smiled and winked at me.

With that, the boys all got into their formations and waited for their mixtape to start playing. 

(Boys In Luv - BTS) 

I want to be your oppa I’m so hungry for your love I want to be your oppa I’ll have you, just watch

Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? Shaking up, shaking up

(Dad) Just how exactly did dad ask mom out? Should I write you a letter? What is this? I become like dust in front of you

You make me so angry and mad for no reason I’m serious but you make me into a loser, who picks fights with you Why do I care so much about you? You’re making a big boy act like a little kid
But I’ll turn things around From just knowing each other to becoming lovers

If it’s with you, I think I can go to a good college ABCDEFGH Hakuna Matata Your profile picture is the same but why do I keep checking it? But don’t misunderstand, I’m not an easy guy

I’m getting nervous, I’m getting nervous Who are you? Are you that great? Why do you keep teasing me? Just stop now, hold up, hold up

Hold me tight before I kiss you Before my heart lets you go Say what you want Say what you want What is it that you really want?

Hold me tight before I kiss you Before my heart lets you go Say what you want Say what you want What is it that you really want?

Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? Why are you shaking up my heart? Shaking up, shaking up

A bad bad girl on the outside An even more bad bad girl on the side If you lose a guy like me, you’ll regret it You checked my text message but you’re not pressing send The “1″ disappears, making me so anxious1
Maybe I’ll buy a GPS navigation (Quickly quickly quickly) 
I keep trying to appeal to you (trying trying trying) Genuine feelings? (I got em) Endurance? (I got em) The only thing I don’t have is your beauty beauty beauty

How should I change for you? (hold up) Playing mind games? Two-timing? I don’t know how to do that But if you’re ever sick, don’t call 911 but call me Tell me to cry, I’ll cry, tell me to smile, I’ll smile, tell me to roll around, I’ll roll around

I’m getting nervous, I’m getting nervous Who are you? Are you that great? Why do you keep teasing me? Just stop now, hold up, hold up

Hold me tight before I kiss you Before my heart lets you go Say what you want Say what you want What is it that you really want?

Hold me tight before I kiss you Before my heart lets you go Say what you want Say what you want What is it that you really want?

I want to be your oppa Why don’t you know my heart for you? Even if you ignore me Even if you act cold, I can’t push you out of my mind

I want to be your oppa I will be your man, just watch So that my heart can touch yours I will run to you right now

Hold me tight before I kiss you Before my heart lets you go Say what you want Say what you want What is it that you really want?

Hold me tight before I kiss you Before my heart lets you go Say what you want Say what you want What is it that you really want?

The music came to a stop and applauses could be heard everywhere. The boys gave one last bow before they all hurried back over to my side when their performance ended.

"Noona, that song was actually written to you if you noticed", Jimin leaned in to whisper to me, only to be pulled away by an annoyed looking Suga seconds later. 

Upon hearing that, my cheeks flushed pink and from upfront, I saw Jin heading towards my side. As he sat down next to me, he held onto my hand tightly.

"It was a great performance. And a great song too", I finally gathered the courage to speak to him.

"Thanks", he grinned before fixing his gaze back to the front.

And, for the last performance of the day, we had GOT7, which is the group comprising of JB, Jr, Mark, Jackson, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom. Their song is titled 'If You Do' and it was written by Mark. Same thing, they all looked really confident as they stood on the stage.

(If You Do - GOT7)

If you do it’s GOOD, if I do it’s DONE How can you always say that I’m wrong You always want to win Tears are your ultimate weapon
I was attracted to your confidence at first
But every day I went down on my knees You magnified even my minor mistakes And pushed me to the edge of the cliff
Well I love you anyway, that’s why I put up with you

Every day every night feel like a fool You gotta know Why why why are you always mad mad mad at me Can we go back to the way we were

If you do it always becomes the right words If you do I can never win Suddenly you become a different person When we get along well I get more nervous

If I do If I do If I say something you always say let’s break up So I can’t get any closer Can’t deepen my love for you

Your major is saying the same thing over and over You force me to do things to please you I am tired of these trials with already known results I’m desperate to break free

To you they’re just friends To me they’re jerks who could be flirting with you Another mistake, if you do it’s ok, but if I do huh

I wish you wouldn’t go too far but you just can’t stop
Now I say in my sleep, I’ll be good When there’s nothing to say you always say, I’m gonna go to bed Frustrated with no one to talk to Sometimes I delude myself that I’m trapped
If you do it always becomes the right words
If you do I can never win Suddenly you become a different person When we get along well I get more nervous

If I do If I do If I say something you always say let’s break up So I can’t get any closer Can’t deepen my love for you

Every day every night feel like a fool You gotta know Why why why are you always mad mad mad at me Can we go back to the way we were

If you do it-

Just as the song reached its , a ball of fire was dropped down from the top, lighting up the logs and the twigs which were initially placed in the centre, now forming a campfire. 

The fire crackled, projecting long shadows on the surrounding area. The light casted by the flames danced across the dark trunks of the trees, twisting and curling in obscure shapes and providing a small radius of light. Everyone was thrilled by the scene. The fire itself was pulsating, the glowing embers seemed to move in rhythm with the flames, matching every dip and sweep, as well as to the beat of the song. It was mesmerizing to watch, colours of orange and red gave way to yellow and white near the centre, where the emanating heat was the greatest.

However, as I paid more attention to GOT7's performance, my eyes widened at a sight soon after. 

Suddenly, all I saw was Mark, literally. Everything else falls away. I could no longer hear the song and the cheers. I couldn't notice the fire or even chew the gum that sat on my frozen tongue. Every natural body movement was on hold and I watched the change of his expressions in just a matter of seconds before he jumped off the stage and ran away. 

-
-
-

Mark couldn't believe his eyes. He didn’t want to anyway. He never saw something like that even in his worst nightmares. But that was only because his brain always woke him up before such a horrific image covered his mind. And now, he was seeing something his eyes won't ever be able to erase. 

The adrenaline flew over his veins like a carp through the river, but he couldn’t move a single muscle, not even to scream. The absolute horror completely paralyzed him, and the more he thought about running away, or simply moving a bit, the more he felt discouraged and utterly terrified. He didn’t remember being that scared in his life. And that was just the beginning. That idea only made it worse. If that was even possible. Flashes of memories replayed in his mind and when the truth finally surfaced, he could no longer take it all to himself. 

Without any further ado, he hopped off the stage and ran away abruptly, leaving everyone stunned by his sudden reaction. 

"Andwae. It can't be me", he choked.