024

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

On the beach was the fishing fleet and the smell of fishermen's catch. 

Leaving my side, I saw Jin walked closer to the waters and spread out his arms out wide. 

No longer did he find it repelling, it was just the smell of his hometown and he was proud of it and he wanted to stay. In the years that had gone by, Busan had turned into a bustling city, a common attraction now for all. Tourists can seen snapping up pictures, some sitting on the sand enjoying the sea breeze while others were just plainly running around in the waters and the sandy beach.

His worn sneakers kicked at the sand. Home, forever living with his family and fishing like his father, that was once what he had dreamt of but now, they were all shattered. Bending down, he picked up a pebble and tossed it into the sea, forming ripples in the water.

As for me, I remember this place as well. Dadaepo Beach, the sign at the entrance of the parking lot read when we turned in previously and at once, I recalled that this was one of the place my biological father used to bring me to. We were usually out at sea along with the other ahjusshi to fish, and then watching the sun set and all.

Smiling at myself, I walked over to Jin's side and joined him along in the fun. 

"You had fun memories here too?"

He looked sideways at me with a soft smile.

"Yeah, we used to come here as a family and I still remember this spot," he stomped his foot on the sand right underneath,

"Yi En and I would always sit by here to build our sandcastles,"

I arched my brows at him.

"But isn't this place too close to the waters? Wouldn't your sandcastles get washed away?"

He shook his head at me,

"We always love challenges and being close to the sea means that we two will have to work even harder to protect our castles. We wanted to prove to people that nothing can break us apart but...", he fretted for a moment, then gazed downwards. 

By then, I knew what he was thinking inside his head, so lifting up his arms slightly, I secured mine around his, resting my head against his broad shoulder. 

"Only good memories shall stay", I reminded him. 

"Anyway, my appa used to bring me around here too,"

"You live in Busan too when you were young?", he seemed a little shocked by the news.

"Yup, I'm sorry that I didn't mention that to you before. I was actually raised up in Busan and it was only after the fire that the Jeons decided to move to Seoul,"

"I see", he nodded his head to my words but then pouted. 

"Why the sad face?", I lifted up his chin and stared into his eyes.

"It wouldn't be a surprise for you then if you know this place as well as I do", he explained,

"'cos I wanted to show you what's right up at the front-"

"I know! Dadaepo Sunset Fountain of Dream!", I shrieked before he could even finish his words.

"You see what I mean now?", his lips curved downwards but I intertwined my hand with his and squeezed it tight.

Checking the time on my wristwatch, I beamed at him.

"Cheer up Jin, I feel great as long as you are here with me. Anyway, if I'm not wrong, there's a show coming up soon, woo-ri gaja", I pulled him along excitedly and soon, we were finding seats in front of the fountain, waiting for the show to begin.

"Just give me a moment", Jin suddenly stood up and the next moment, I saw him giving me a wink as he disappeared down into the crowd. 

"Wait", I shouted after him but to no avail. He was nowhere in sight. 

Thinking that he's probably just leaving to attend to the toilet, I placed my bag on the chair to save him a seat. Just as I was doing so, my phone vibrated in my pocket and seeing that it was Bomi who was calling, I answered it right away. 

"Ne unnie?"
"Moon Gi-ah," her voice sounded from across the line,

"Sorry to bother you during your camp, but I would just like to check with you on something", she said.

"Sure,"
"Erm... Earlier in the morning, I was just about to make Mark as a registered employee under COFFEE TERIOR but something weird happened," she paused,

"I couldn't find his form anywhere but instead, there was this one non-existent name. By any chance did you take in new part timers or so?"

"Not any that I can think of", I replied but the conversation didn't just stop there.

"Who's the extra person then?", I prompted.

"Molla, but the name read... Hold on a second, let me take a look at it again", Bomi held up the paper in her hand before announcing into the phone.

"Kim Yi En,"

My mouth faltered open right at that instant. Closing my eyes tight and though in a tiny voice, I muttered out his name.

"Mark,"

"What? I can't hear you Moon Gi. Do you mind speaking louder?", Bomi's voice echoed through the line, causing me to snap back to reality. 

Exhaling hard, I told her,

"Unnie, look, can I get back to you tomorrow? I think I will just need confirm some things with Mark,"

"Alright", she replied but just as she was about to hang up, I called her again,

"Bomi unnie,"
"Yes, I'm still on the line,"
"Could you head to my room and snap a picture of one of my works for me?"
"Of course, but which one?"
"My first work, titled Reunion,"
"Got it,"

By then, I could see Jin gradually walking back towards me from a far. Hence, mumbling a quick "thanks" to Bomi, I ended the call and stuffed my phone back into my pocket. 

"Someone called just now?", Jin's eyes flickered to the direction where I was keeping my phone and I simply nodded at him.

Scratching the non-existent itch around the back of my neck, I said to him,

"It was Bomi unnie secretly calling to check up on Seo-joon oppa", I forced out a laugh while Jin gave me a sly grin. 

Then, changing the topic quick, I asked where he went instead.

"To get us this", he waved the bag of ice cream in his hands like a happy child before he finally settled down next to me and helped me unwrap it.

"Here you go and oh, it's starting,"

His eyes were glistening with joy as the brightly coloured water shot up from the fountain. I was mesmerized by the scene as well and as I took a bite from my ice cream, a familiar song then started playing. 

- Just One Day (chapt 11)

Surprised, I looked up at Jin almost immediately for an explanation. 

"Isn't t-this y-your song?", I questioned. 

"I'm glad you noticed", he said, bringing his face up to mine and giving me a kiss on the cheek. Then, pulling back from me, he gave me a meaningful smile. 

"Awww, you look so cute with the cream on your cheeks now! Should I them away?", he teased but I pinched hard onto his cheeks instead.

"Not unless you give me an explanation", I challenged and gazing back at the fountain blankly, I felt my heart beating fast. 

"H-how did you do that?" 

I was curious. 

"I handed the mixtape over to them", Jin gestured with the flick of his head towards the team who was handling the audio,

"Of course they didn't have it in their playlist but I wanted them to play this song. Our song,"

I looked up, surprised at the sudden pick up line coming from him. Jin was smiling so brightly at me.

He puts his hands on my shoulder and as we face each other, he looked me right in the eyes. Right by my ear, I heard his heated whisper. 

"Moon Gi-ssi, saranghaeyo,"

My chest tightened, feeling his emotions and affection. 

I felt him drawing back seconds later and then giving me a cheeky grin, he suddenly drove the ice cream I was holding on to into my face. 

"Yah", his action took me by surprise and I scolded him only to find myself being attacked with kisses shortly after.

"Now, let me clean this up for you," Jin was smiling in between his teeth and before I could say anything, he sealed me with a kiss yet again. 

Closing my eyes, all I did was to put my arms around his back and hold on to him, as if to answer him,

"I love you too,"

---

It was close to midnight when he drove us back to the hotel. Walking back hand in hand along the pathway, we were nearing the entrance when I realised that I had left my bag in Suga's car. I informed Jin right away but he insisted that I stay indoor while he retrieve it for me.

A smile crept over my lips at his thoughtfulness and as I stood there laughing to myself idiotically, I didn't even realise that someone else was already standing by my side. 

"Boo," the voice made me jump and whipping my head around, I heaved a sigh of relief when I realised that it was just him. Rolling my eyes, I started attacking the intruder, hitting hard on his arms.

"Alright alright, stop it Moon Gi, before Jin sees how violent you can get and dump you," Seo-joon oppa joked, only to earn himself a glare from me. 

Placing my arms across my chest, I puffed out my cheeks at him.

"So, I see that you guys are together now", he squinted his eyes at me,

"But... What about Mark? It seemed to me like he's been harboring feelings for you", he blurted out, making me frown at his words. 

A ball lingered in my throat and I shook my head as my eyes rested on the ground in thought.

Silence fell between us until I heard Seo-joon oppa say again.

"Oh, speaking of him. There he appears,"

Following his finger to the direction it was pointing at, I saw Mark alighting from a stranger's car.

But wait, I squinted my eyes hard. 

He ain't a stranger, he was the ahjusshi I met at the columbarium earlier on!

"Weird," I then heard Seo-joon oppa mumbling beside me.

"Is it just me that that ahjusshi actually looks really familiar? Hmm... As if I've seen him somewhere before..."

I took a glance at him before I asked in a flat voice.

"You think he's familiar too uh,"
"Hmm?"
"Sunbae, think harder,"

Seo-joon oppa knitted his eyebrows at my words. As he pondered over my question, I took the time to check the image that Bomi had sent me. 

Clicking into the chat, I peered intently at the picture again. 

I was right, it's him. It was him all along. The uneasiness I'd been feeling from before intensifies. Locking my phone, I slid it back into my pocket before I left Seo-joon oppa's side.

"Wait, Moon Gi-ah, where are you going?"

I waved him off and stepping out of the automatic door, I stood in front of Mark, who was in the meantime waving goodbye to the ahjusshi as he drove away. Then, just as he turned around, he met my gaze. 

Mark stood rooted to the ground and stared at me for a short while before he decided to walk past me. However, I straightened out my arm and barricade him. 

"Mark, we need to talk,"

He faked a laugh and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I have nothing to talk to you about", he grunted and attempted to escape from my grip but the next string of words that came out from my mouth, it caught his full attention and caused him to halt in his steps.

"Then, what about Kim Yi En? I'm pretty sure he has a lot of things to share with me,"