Prologue

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

BUSAN, 4 DECEMBER 2005

 
"Seokjin-ah, ppal-li ka! Bring your dongsaeng out of this building", the middle-aged lady pleaded to her son as she shoved the dongsaeng into the arms of her nine year old boy hastily.
 
"E-eomma, w-what about y-you?", the boy was trembling so badly and he could only cry, shaking his head frantically at his mother as he asked.
 
"I've got to bring your appa together along with us", she looked at her son through her earnest eyes and took a glance at the sleeping child who was in the hyung's arms at the same time.
 
"Seokjin-ah", she knelt down, letting a tear escape from her eye before she placed both of her hands on her son's face and caressed it. 
 
"Listen to eomma oh? Bring your dongsaeng to a safer place now"
"Eomma..."
"Eomma will join you guys shortly"
"Eomma andwae-ji..."
"Yagsoghae", the lady ruffled her son's hair and offered him her little pinky. 
 
But, seeing no response from him, she gave him a reassuring smile before she found her way to his hand, making a prompt stamp on his thumb after she had entwined their little pinky together. After which, she spared no time before she got back up onto her feet and gave her son a push from his back. 
 
"Seokjin-ah, ppal-li ka", she shouted at him, "Take care of your dongsaeng in the meantime."
 
That was her last words to him before  she bravely disappeared back into the burning inferno. 
 
-
-
-
 
"Yi En-ah~ Ppal-li ireona!", he tried shaking his brother up from his sleep but to no avail. Although everyone else here was experiencing a huge crisis, this little dongsaeng of his was totally oblivious to the situation. 
 
Running his fingers through his hair, the boy became extremely devastated. His gaze kept switching back and forth between his dongsaeng and the building that was engulfed by the burning fire, causing him to feel a wild spin in his head.
 
Gritting his teeth and clenching his fist, he soon came to a hard decision. 
 
Leaning in to give a quick peck on his dongsaeng's forehead, he then whispered softly into his ears,
 
"My dongsaeng, wait for hyung right here alright? Hyung will be right back."
 
With that being said, he made a quick dash past the crowd, re-entering the dangerous portal all by himself.
 
-
-
-
 
Chunks of items were already falling apart from the ceiling and yet, she was still one of the brave souls who was hanging around in her house. She clearly knew that there might be a chance of her failing to escape but despite so, she's willing to risk it and she insist on bringing her beloved husband along with the family. 
 
Tears could be seen overflowing from her eyes as she gasped and panted non-stop from the thick smoke that was blocking her airways, choking her in the process. She made a few coughs and waving her hands to shake off the smoke that was affecting her vision, her eyes soon darted to the photo frame that was lying on the table far across the other end of the living room.
 
Finally, she found it.
 
Grabbing it off the table in no time, she made sure that it was carefully secured in her arms before she struggled to make her way out. 
 
"Yeobu, geogjeong maseyo. You are now safe in my arms. We can now reunite with our children."
 
-
-
-
 
"Hey kid! Stay out of this area! YAH!", the ahjusshi dressed in the fire fighter suit tried to block the boy's way when he made an attempt to enter further in into the building.
 
He had no idea how this boy had managed to make his way in again but he's definitely not letting go of this little survivor.
 
Headlocking him and holding him back, the ahjusshi tried his very best to drag the boy out of the danger zone.
 
"EOMMA~ DANGSIN EODIISS-EOYO?", the boy struggled at his grip and yelled at the top of his lungs hoping to get a reply from his mother. However, all he could hear was just the sound of the cackling fire.
 
Although his mother had made a promise to him that she will join his dongsaeng and him later on, he was still really doubtful and worried about the situation.
 
He is already nine years old, which means that he is actually clearly aware of the danger of a fire and more to more, this building looked as though it is going to collapse anytime.
 
"Oh ", it was then he heard the ahjusshi cursing under his breath.
 
"We are so screwed", he closed his eyes and said again.
"Ahjusshi... Waeyo?"
"Look right ahead kiddo"
 
And so, he did.
 
It was not just a fire. It could be death. It was a giant wave, a fire storm, rolling in on itself, undulating like some grotesque creature hell-bent on their murder. And, it was hurling towards them at a staggering speed.
 
The ahjusshi then yelled, "Run for the exit!" He ran as he was speaking, pulling along the boy with him despite the fact that he kept resisting. 
 
"ANDWAE-JI! EOMMA IS STILL IN THERE!", the boy had already broke down and was sniffling loudly, but this was an emergency that the ahjusshi had concluded that it would be better for the two to escape first.
 
"I'm sorry to hear about that kid, but on the count of three, we will have to jump."
 
He tightened his grip on him. 
 
"Hana"
"Dul"
"Set"
 
"JUMP!"
 
-
-
-
 
Slowly, he uncovered his eyes. 
 
plume of fire exploded into the blackness, the flame rolling outwards like the smoke of a mushroom cloud. The idea of the firefighters rushing in was ludicrous and it was an inferno fueled by the gallons of accelerant in the building. 
 
The heat was oppressive from where he was lying at and the eight year old sat up gradually, lifting up his arm to shield his face from the blazing heat.
 
What exactly is going on? What is he doing here? What's the situation? And most importantly, where is his eomma and hyung? 
 
As his eyes started searching frantically for any sight of them, it was then he felt a pair of strong arms scooping him up from the ground.
 
"Oh my kid, what are you doing here alone? Where are your family members?", the man spoke in fluent English which terrorized the child a little. 
 
After studying the boy's frightened face, he cooed again,
 
"It's too dangerous for you to stay around here boy. Don't worry, let me bring you to somewhere safe."
 
-
-
-
 
*CLICK! CLICK!* 
 
In the midst of all these chaos, a seven year old girl could be seen roaming about the area with her mini portable camera hanging around her neck. It was supposedly a birthday present from her parents, who were supportive of her fondness towards photography and that was the only item she managed to save before her entire family scurried off from the building when the fire alarm went off.
 
As she twirled around to look for more interesting things to capture, it was then a boy who was lying on the ground caught her attention. He had a rather sleepy look on his face initially but when he soon witnessed the scene before him, his eyes were literally bulging out.
 
The girl frowned hard and scratched her head as she looked at him. A moment ago, she clearly recalled seeing an older brother together with him, but turning her body around, she saw no one now. 
 
The boy looked so shocked and helpless as his gaze remained straight at the blazing fire which was standing before his eyes.
 
Carefully raising her camera to match her eye level, the girl didn't know why but she felt intimidated by the scene. She was all ready to give it a shot before two figures appeared in front of her, ruining her photo entirely.
 
"RA MOON GI! HOW COULD YOU TAKE PICTURES AT TIMES LIKE THIS?!", scolded her father, before he carried her up in his arms to prevent her from wandering off again. 
 
"Stop getting us worried my dear", her mother added,
 
"Look at Kookie, he can behave so well even though he's your dongsaeng", she rubbed her nose against her young son whom she was carrying in her arms.
 
The girl scoffed in displeasure at her mother's praise towards her dongsaeng and it angered her even more when she caught the four year old sticking out his tongue at her.
 
Giving in to her parents, she finally stayed still in her father's arms but
nevertheless, the girl's eyes were still fixed on that boy. She observed that a man was now coming close to him and very soon, he scooped him up into his arms. 
 
Ah, finally... A Reunion? 
 
Alright, it's now or never.
 
Slinging one arm over her father's neck, she held the camera up with her other hand.
 
And with that, she hit the shutter.