#9 Not-Ended-Yet-Relationship?

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesterday, you spent your time at home boringly. Your mom went to work as usual and Minkyung went to school. Your dad was home for a short time in the afternoon, until he departed again to another business.

The TV shows weren’t showing good shows and you had no idea how to spend your day. So, you were at your room, making poems. It had been a long time since you made real poems, not just short poems you made besides your scribbles you wrote on your notes. You had mixed feelings recently—happy, worried, anxious, surprised, sad, hurt, and happy again. Since you couldn’t tell your feelings to people easily, even to Minkyung, making poems had always been your favorite alternative. It was fun to make words not understandable for most people. You slipped secret meaning behind it.

You expected Chanyeol to contact you yesterday. Unfortunately, he didn’t. Maybe it was because you told him that you wouldn’t go to school that day so he wasn’t curious about your condition. Or, maybe he spoke to Minkyung yesterday, asking her your condition so he didn’t have to contact you personally. Or… He didn’t feel like contacting you because the reason he contacted you the day you fell sick was his guilty towards your sickness. You forgave him, so he didn’t feel guilty anymore.

You didn’t know the reason for sure and you wanted to know the reason, but speculating and making assumptions made your head hurts. Listening to the acoustic segment on the radio at night made you soothe your mind. If the DJ was really Chanyeol, then you didn’t miss a chance to hear his voice that day.

Today, you went to school with a light heart. You couldn’t wait to finally Chanyeol after two days not seeing him. You didn’t mind your mom’s nagging to you. You had no appetite this morning, but it wasn’t because of the hurt feeling you always felt but more because you couldn’t wait for Minkyung to finish her breakfast and went to school as soon as possible.

“Minkyung-ah, we’ll be late,” you nagged her.

Minkyung stopped herself from eating cereal. “What’s wrong with you? It’s still early,” she said as she spooned another cereal. “You’re not eating?”

“I’m not hungry,” you answered.

“You should eat! You have to drink your medicine!” Minkyung scolded. She grabbed a banana and put it on the table, right in front of you. “At least, eat this. This will help with energy.”

You pouted, but Minkyung was right. You had to eat. You chewed the banana slowly. You felt that the banana was bigger than usual. It was hard to finish one. Minkyung ended up finish her breakfast first. She was not nagging you to eat faster. Instead of doing that, she prepared your medicine in front of you. As you finished a banana, you drank your medicine and a glass of water.

Finally, the moment you had been waiting for since you woke up this morning had come. You went to school with Minkyung. You knew that Chanyeol would be there, at the parking lot, to wait for Minkyung.

As soon as your car entered the parking lot, you saw Chanyeol. There he was, standing at his usual spot. His tall figure was really standing out. You couldn’t help but smile. You got off of the car and Minkyung followed you after arranging her hair.

“Hi, Minkyung!” Chanyeol greeted Minkyung with his soft smile, unlike his signature smile which was funny and wide. You were disappointed that he greeted Minkyung first, but what did you expect anyway.

“Oh, hi, Chanyeol!” Minkyung greeted him back, also with smile.

You smiled awkwardly and decided to just go inside the school building. You didn’t want to bother their conversation. Besides, this was Chanyeol’s chance to talk to Minkyung.

When you wanted to just walk past them, Chanyeol greeted you too. “Hi, Miyeon-ah. How’s your condition now?” he greeted with a wider smile.

You smiled back, feeling grateful that he greeted you. “Hi,” you replied lowly. “I’m totally fine right now, thanks for asking.”

“That’s a relief,” he sighed.

You felt Minkyung was observing the situation. “Did you contact Miyeon? I gave you her numbers,” Minkyung suddenly asked Chanyeol. You were wondering why Minkyung was asking that.

Chanyeol looked flustered. “Yes, I contacted Miyeon to ask her condition,” he answered

Minkyung looked satisfied. “Whoaa, so you guys are really friends,” Minkyung stated with an amused smile. “I’m glad that you are not getting Miyeon’s numbers to disturb her. Who knows that you are some creepy stalker?” she continued with ease, joking. You laughed hearing Minkyung’s joke.

Chanyeol’s ears were red. “I’m not! I really am not a creepy stalker,” Chanyeol convinced.

“Don’t worry, Minkyung-ah, he was really just a friend,” you helped Chanyeol. Just a friend. Those words rang in your ears.

Minkyung let out her cute chuckle. “I know, I know,” she calmed Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s red were gradually turning into its normal tone. “Just promise you wouldn’t hurt her and be a good friend,” she threatened him in a joking tone. You froze.

“I will be a good friend for both of you,” Chanyeol replied with smile. Minkyung chuckled again, satisfied with his reply, but you didn’t react.

You knew Chanyeol would hurt your heart anyway, later after he got closer with Minkyung. Chanyeol promised to be a good friend for you and Minkyung, fortunately he didn’t promise to not hurting you. He didn’t have to break his promise later. You didn’t know how to react—should you be happy that he won’t broke his promise or should you be sad that he didn’t promise not to hurt you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter