#23 Misunderstanding

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Minkyung opened your group’s room, you immediately ran into one of the beds and lay on it. Soohyun the heater, meanwhile Yeri followed you picking her bed. The room consisted of two bunk beds, and you were too lazy to pick the upper one. You thought the stairs would be bothersome. The room was actually better than you expected—it was cozy, clean, and warm, the interior made you feel at home.

“My feet are frozen,” you stated as you observed your own feet. The nails had turned blue, indicating you were cold.

“Your cheeks started to get red, too,” Minkyung commented in concern.

You had this red blushes all over your body if you were too cold. Getting up from the bed, you observed yourself in front of a mirror. She was right—your cheeks started to reddened as if you were allergic to something.

“I should get warmed,” you decided. You sat closer to the heater to warm yourself. After skiing and snowboarding for couple hours, you really were freezing. Earlier during lunch, Soohyun assumed you were cold because you weren’t moving that much. She could be correct—your body didn’t cooperate with you and you kept falling while skiing. Didn’t want to embarrass yourself more in front of other students, you stopped skiing and started to make snow balls and snow angles instead. Childish, but you didn’t have anything else to do.

“Here, hot packs,” Minkyung handed you her hot packs. You accepted it gladly. You placed some inside your sweater and grabbed two others with your hands. When you accepted the hot packs from Minkyung, suddenly you remembered once you gave your hot packs to Chanyeol. It was a windy night in autumn back then. And your feelings for him were on its peak of blossom. Back then you were still naïve about just being friends with Chanyeol meanwhile you helped him to get to know Minkyung.

“Why are you zoning out?” Yeri asked, snapped you back from those memories.

“Nothing,” you replied whatever.

“What’s the next schedule?” Minkyung asked to Soohyun who was holding the trip schedule.

“We can rest until dinner, it said. It’s now 4 P.M and dinner will start at 7, so we have plenty of times to rest or doing something else, it’s up to you,” Soohyun explained.

“This resort has private ice-rink,” Yeri announced as she read the resort brochure.

Minkyung squealed in excitement. “I really want to go ice-skating!” she shrieked.

“It will be better if you go with a guy, though,” Soohyun joked.

You scoffed hearing Soohyun’s statement. “You’re imagining a romantic couple ice-skating with Jongdae, right?” you asked in amusement.

Soohyun was blushing, so you laughed at her. It was fun to tease the reserved Soohyun sometimes. Yeri joined you laughing.

“Ah, right. You are Kim Jongdae’s girlfriend,” Minkyung realized in surprised tone. “I don’t see both of you together that often at school…”

“They are always go home together,” you informed.

Minkyung was nodding her head slowly and made ‘O’ shape with . Suddenly the room was filled by the sound a short ringtone, indicating someone’s phone just got a message. You knew it wasn’t you who got a message because normally you set your phone in vibrate mode. It turned out to be Minkyung who got message.

“From one of your friends?” you asked.

 “Sulli,” Minkyung confirmed. “They are waiting for me at the sauna,” said Minkyung after she read the message.

“This resort also has its own sauna?” Yeri asked in excitement.

“The sauna is probably crowded,” you commented. There were six classes and one class consisted of around 30 students. You believed not only Minkyung and her peer who wanted to enjoy the sauna.

Minkyung frowned. “You’re right…”

Minkyung was typing another message and got a phone call in return. Soohyun, Yeri, and you didn’t make any sound. Unintentionally, you even held your breath.

“Sul?” Minkyung greeted after she picked up the phone call. She listened to Sulli who was explaining something. “Uh-hm? Really? That’s great!” Minkyung’s face got bright. “Cool, I’ll be there.” Minkyung ended the phone call.

You were staring at her, demanding for explanation why Minkyung was suddenly happy.

“This resort belongs to one of Sulli’s distant family members. They already booked a private room for five of us, including a spa treatment,” Minkyung explained.

“That’s cool, you could enjoy the sauna and spa without worries,” Soohyun commented with smile.

“I’m sorry I can’t bring all of you along with me,” Minkyung regretted. She looked apologetic.

You shook your head. “That’s okay. We didn’t want to go anyway.” You tried to shrug away her guilty feeling. Actually, you wanted to go to the sauna too because it would be warm there, but you didn’t want to be in a room crowded with too many people.

Soohyun and Yeri nodded their heads to support your statement.

“Alright... I’ll prepare myself first,” Minkyung mumbled. After she was done preparing herself, she held the door knob. “Once again, I am really sorry, I—”

“I said that’s okay,” you cut her with a calm tone. “I prefer to rest here,” you added.

Minkyung seemed to be calmed down. “Okay… I’ll be back soon!” She waved her hand toward three of you. You waved back at her. Then, she stepped out of the room and closed the door behind her.

“So… what do we do, now?” Yeri asked. She was the type that couldn’t remain inactive for too long.

“Let’s just rest. Miyeon’s face and body had gotten red,” Soohyun decided as she caught you scratching a red spot on your arm. It was itchy because of coldness that made your skin drier than usual.

“Alright,” Yeri finally gave in. “But can I turn on the TV? I will die of boredom.”

“Don’t be too loud,” you warned.

Yeri nodded. “Sure. Just sleep, Miyeon-ah.”

You sighed in relief. After positioning yourself on the bed, you closed your eyes and slept in just five minutes.

 

You woke up when Soohyun shook your shoulders. As you opened your eyes, you could see Minkyung had returned to the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter