#38 When The Magic Works

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Sehun were hanging out at their class after the school had ended. They sat on their chairs, circling Sehun’s table which was full of chocolates. It was Valentine’s Day, when females would give their boyfriends or males whom they’re interested with chocolate. Although Sehun’s chocolates looked tasty with all kinds of shapes and brands, all of them weren’t really paying attention to those chocolates. Instead, their gazes glued to chocolate in Baekhyun’s hand.

“You got one, huh?” Sehun asked, nodding to Baekhyun’s chocolate. Baekhyun didn’t know how to react, made Sehun bursted into laughter. “Yaa, this man is being single for too long, really. When was the last time you received chocolate?” Sehun .

“Shut up,” Baekhyun slapped the back of Sehun’s head lightly.

Sehun didn’t mind and took the chocolate instead. “Let’s see who’s the sender…” he mumbled as he took a closer look at the sender's name, “hmm, Shin Yeri. Wait, Shin Yeri?” Sehun was so sure he misread the name so he took the second glance and looked at the chocolate even closer than before.

“She doesn’t look like a girl who will give chocolate on Valentine’s Day, huh?” Baekhyun mumbled, “but she gave me one. How’s that supposed to mean?”

“Isn’t she one of Miyeon’s friends?” Sehun asked to Chanyeol without answering Baekhyun’s question.

Chanyeol nodded. “Maybe she’s interested in you?” Chanyeol guessed. One second after saying that, he chuckled lowly. “If you and Yeri were dating, both of you would the the dorkiest and loudest couple ever.”

“She isn’t really my type,” Baekhyun confessed as he stared at Yeri’s chocolate. It wasn’t the prettiest chocolate ever—it looked horrible, honestly speaking—but somehow Baekhyun could sense her sincerity. “But she’s quite interesting,” Baekhyun admitted. He continued to stare out of the window with dreamy look.

“Yah, Yeol, where’s your chocolate?” Sehun asked. Both Sehun and Baekhyun spotted Chanyeol’s empty hands.

“Miyeon didn’t give you one?” Baekhyun asked in surprise, meanwhile Sehun had his mouth hung open.

“It’s not like that,” Chanyeol assured his best friends, “she said she’s going to give her chocolate later since we will have dinner together.”

“Oooo,” Baekhyun and Sehun , made Chanyeol flustered.

“As expected from romantic guy Chanyeol!” Baekhyun exclaimed while clapping his hands loudly.

“I should learn a lot from you,” Sehun mumbled, looking serious.

Baekhyun again slapped Sehun’s head lightly. “Yah! Just focus on choosing one girl first, okay?”

Sehun slapped Baekhyun back. “You too! Just focus on how to deal with the girl who gave you chocolate. Are you going to leave her hanging?”

Chanyeol shook his head while seeing his friends slapping each other’s head. He got up and threw his bag over his shoulder. “I’ll be going now, I have something else to do.”

Baekhyun and Sehun were still busy arguing when Chanyeol stopped walking at the door and looked back. “Baekhyun-ah!” hecalled for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun and Sehun stopped their childish act and paid attention to him. Chanyeol continued with a smile, “I honestly think Shin Yeri would suit you well.”

 

Minkyung was rushing to your room with a bunch of her dresses in her arms. “You should wear dress or at least, skirt,” Minkyung nagged as soon as she stepped into your room.

You whined. “You know I don’t like wearing skirts,” you pouted.

“Still, today is Valentine’s Day!” Minkyung said with exaggerated gestures. She spread her dresses on your bed. “Pick one.”

You whined for the second time. Ignoring your whines, Minkyung started to observe the dresses one by one with her hawk eyes. “I think you’ll look good with this,” she commented while lifting a blue dress. Before you could comment, she shook her head and threw the blue dress away. “Nah, it’s Valentine’s Day. Should be pink or red,” she mumbled.

“I’ll wear skirt or dress as long as it’s not bloody red or pink,” you said, trying to negotiate with her.

Minkyung smiled as if she won a lottery. “Well, you said it yourself that you’ll wear dress or skirt,” she hummed happily. You rolled your eyeballs. “Ah! I think I bought you a skirt before…” Minkyung mumbled.

Honestly, you didn’t remember about Minkyung buying you a skirt. When was it again?

“You know, the skirt I bought for you when Sulli asked me to go shopping because she got a huge discount ticket,” Minkyung explained while trying to find the skirt inside your wardrobe.

Ahh, that skirt.

“Ta-dah!” Minkyung chimed after finding the skirt, “it’s cute! Come on, it’s not too short nor girly. It’s perfect for you! Most importantly, it’s not pink or bloody red.”

You agreed with her—it’s cute and definitely not too short. The peach color would suit your skin color well. Minkyung picked one of her tops. “This long-sleeved blouse will suit the skirt well. Oh—and you can wear your -colored coat if you want to match your coat with your outfit. How’s that?” Minkyung asked, waiting for your agreement.

Minkyung’s choice wasn’t bad and you couldn’t doubt Minkyung’s advice. She was better at wearing clothes than you, anyway. “I think that would be great,” you agreed right away, which made Minkyung’s smiled bloomed.

 

7 P.M., you were already on your way to the meeting point where Chanyeol and you had agreed to meet up before going together to the restaurant. Inside your sling bag there was your homemade Valentine’s Day chocolate. Remembering how you struggled making it, you wanted to give it to Chanyeol soon because the taste wasn’t bad at all. Although you messed up with some details, at least all of the chocolates were presentable and neat enough. Thanks to Minkyung’s help, you could accomplish your target to make Chanyeol a homemade chocolate for Valentine’s Day.

“Miyeon-ah!”

You raised your head up and saw Chanyeol waving his hands at the meeting point. When you saw him, your heart suddenly raced hard because of nervousness. Despite being nervous, you couldn’t help but to smile widely when Chanyeol stretched his arms to hug you.

“Hi, Yeol-ah,” you greeted happily, entering his warm embrace for a moment.

“You look lovely,” Chanyeol praised you whole-heartedly.

“Thanks,” you replied with shy smile, “Minkyung helped me to pick the outfit. You also look nice!”

Chanyeol was wearing khaki turtle neck, dark jeans, red-wine scarf around his neck, and his navy blue coat. He looked so… Boyfriend material.

Chanyeol smiled warmly. “Let’s get going, the restaurant is near.” He reached for your left hand and held it tightly while walking.

“You said it’s your n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter