#25 Impact from Isolation

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You opened your heavy eyes as you slowly gained back your consciousness. Your head felt dizzy, as if you were sleeping for too long. Blankets wrapped your body tightly, sent warm vibe all over you. Your whole body didn’t hurt and frozen anymore—thank God you could easily move your toenails.

After opening your eyes, you stared at the ceiling blankly. Blinked your eyes few times, you started to shift your gaze around the room. This was clearly not your group’s room. This room had four single beds, including the one you lay on, all in white sheets. At the corner of the room, there was a brown colored couch with coffee table in front of it. Not far beside the couch, there was a square dining table with ramyeon cup on it. It seemed like someone had already finished the ramyeon.

Your stomach suddenly growled. What time is it? The sunlight that went through the half-opened window told you it was either morning or noon, but you didn’t know the exact time. How long had you been unconscious? You didn’t know. Who moved you here from that extremely cold cottage? As you remembered the cottage, you wondered where Chanyeol was. Was he alright? What happened after you fainted? Did he manage to get out of the cottage by himself?

“Oh? You are awake,” someone said with melodious tone.

You diverted your gaze from the window on your right and saw a woman with white clothes was approaching you. She had stethoscope around her neck. She must be a doctor who worked for this resort.

She stood beside your bed and smiled a motherly smile. “How are you?”

Although your throat felt dry, you answered her as best as you could. “I think I’m fine,” you answered. “I’m sorry, but what time is it now?”

The doctor looked at her watch on her left wrist. “10.17 A.M. You woke up earlier than I expected. You seem to be fine, too,” she said. “Do you remember what happened last night?”

“A bit,” you admitted. You remembered being trapped with Chanyeol inside a cottage with a broken door that couldn’t be opened from inside. “But I don’t know how I got here. It seems like I fainted?”

The doctor nodded. “You fainted because you had been in such a cold place for too long. Your sister said even in normal situation you couldn’t stand too much cold. It must be a torture for you to be in a freezing environment like that,” she uttered.

“Where is my sister?” you asked. You wanted to meet Minkyung and ask for her explanation. Well, it was part of her fault too that you were trapped.

“I heard all of the students are scheduled to go somewhere today. They all went to ice museum. Your teacher said they will be back probably in the evening. Your sister did accompany you here last night. She also insisted to accompany you here today, but I explained to her that you might be not awake that early, so she decided to go along with others,” the doctor answered. “Beside, you already have someone who accompany you,” added her.

It might be either Soohyun or Yeri. As expected, they were really your best friends. “Who?” you asked curiously.

The doctor was about to answer when both of you heard the door being opened by someone. You couldn’t see who just entered the room because of the curtain that separated the beds from the front part of the room.

“Oh, there he is,” the doctor happily mumbled.

Chanyeol unveiled the curtain and showed up carrying his guitar case. He looked delighted when he saw you already woke up.

“Morning, Doctor,” Chanyeol greeted cheerfully.

“Morning,” the doctor greeted back with smile. She shifted her gaze from Chanyeol to you. “This guy said he will accompany you here today,” she explained. “He was also sleeping here last night. His condition is bad, but not as bad as yours.”

“I’m perfectly fine right now, Doctor. Thank you very much for treating us last night,” Chanyeol said thankfully. Chanyeol placed his guitar case on the couch and approached your bed. “How are you?” he asked caringly.

“I’m fine now,” you answered lowly as you observed him. Chanyeol’s nose was still red and his face was a bit pale. He was clearly not ‘perfectly fine’ as he said, but he overall he was okay.

Chanyeol smiled widely. “Glad to hear that.”

“I’ll tell the nurse to prepare a meal for you, you must be hungry,” the doctor said to you.

“I am hungry,” you admitted, “thank you, Doctor.”

The doctor again smiled a motherly smile. “I’ll be back at noon to check your condition after you eat, okay?”

You nodded. Chanyeol bowed politely to the doctor before she disappeared behind the curtain and left the room. Silence between you and Chanyeol as the doctor left both of you alone. Out of nowhere, you remembered Chanyeol hugged you last night. It made your cheeks blushed.

You stayed still when Chanyeol went to the front part of the room and came back with a glass of water. “You should drink,” he stated. “I hope it’s not too hot for you.”

Your throat was dry, so you gladly accept the water. You gulped down slowly. The water was lukewarm—not too hot and not too cold. “The water is just right,” you commented. “Thanks, Chanyeol-ah.”

Chanyeol offered to put the glass on the coffee table, then he dragged a chair and sat beside your bed. He reached for your left hand and held it tight. You were surprised by his overly-caring action, but you didn’t pull your hand from him. You let him held your hand. “I was really afraid last night when you fainted,” Chanyeol confessed.

You stared at him. “What happened after that?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter