#12 Revelation, Hotpacks, and Suspiciousness

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hopped out of the bus and tapped your t-money quickly meanwhile Chanyeol was following you from behind. Earlier, you convinced Chanyeol that you could go home by yourself because your home wasn’t far away from the bus stop which was the same bus stop that Chanyeol always got off when he said he had ‘schedule’. But for the second time, Chanyeol insisted that he wanted to accompany you home, to make sure you arrived at home safely. Finally, you just let him walk you home because you knew you couldn’t argue with him. The bus only had one seat left, so you sat there and Chanyeol stood beside you.

You wanted to ask him about your questions earlier, but the bus was so quiet that you were sure everybody would clearly hear what you were saying even though they didn’t mean to overhear, so you held back your questions and stayed silent. It seemed like Chanyeol was also aware of the situation inside the bus, so he didn’t talk to you as well. Now that you were out of the bus, you prepared yourself to ask him.

“Chanyeol-ah,” you called him while walking.

“Hmm?” Chanyeol hummed and glanced at you.

“Can I ask you something?” carefully, you asked. After you saw him nodded, a sign of agreement, you continued. “What were you doing at the radio broadcast building?” asked you as you tilted your head to the back as if the building were right behind you.

Chanyeol pursed his lips as he refused to answer at first. You decided to just ask him right into the core, “Were you DJ-ing radio?” Chanyeol’s pupils were wavering of your sudden question. “Were you perhaps… The DJ of the acoustic segment?” you continued to ask him.

Chanyeol exhaled loudly, making his own little fog in front of his nose and mouth. “How do you know?” he asked in a much more stable tone.

“So it’s true?!” you gasped loudly. Realizing that you were overreacting, you cleared your throat. “I mean—how…?”

“My sister works there,” Chanyeol answered with an entertained look. He looked like enjoying your surprise so much. “I’m just a substitute, actually. The real DJ was sick and it was pretty bad, so he went back to his hometown for a few months. My sister recommended me as the substitute to the manager and he agreed eventually,” he continued.

You digested his words carefully. So he has a sister… “Is your sister a noona or a younger one?” curiously you asked him. You imagined it would be really cute if he had a younger sister. You predicted he would be a pretty nice oppa and would act all sweet and caring to his younger sister.

Instead of answering, Chanyeol ped his backpack and searched for something inside. You were eyeing him as he pulled out his leather wallet and took one of photos which were slipped inside the wallet. Chanyeol gave you the photo with a wide grin on his face. “This is my noona,” he pointed the photo.

It was a selca—which you assumed he printed—of him and a very beautiful female who looked just like Chanyeol. A female version of Chanyeol. You left your mouth hung open while observing the photo closely because it was dark and you couldn’t see it clearly. Their eyes, their ears, their lips, even their expressions were the same. “You and your noona looked more like twins compared to me and Minkyung,” you commented.

Chanyeol laughed lowly. “Are we really that similar? We are not!” he stated.

“How could you say that when your faces are really similar to each other,” you pointed their facial features in the photo. “Your eyes, ears, smile, expression, everything, it just looked like her!” you added. Again, Chanyeol just laughed as he enjoyed your surprised look. You returned the photo to him as you said earnestly while smiling, “Your noona is really beautiful.”

Chanyeol put the photo back inside his wallet and smiled happily. “Because you said that we’re looked alike and my noona is pretty, so do you think I’m handsome?” he jokingly asked as he put his wallet inside his backpack and zipped it.

Heat was taking over your cheeks and thank God it was night, so he wouldn’t see you blushing. You knew he was just joking, but you were afraid of answering wrongly. Should you say ‘Yeah, I think you’re handsome!” directly or jokingly answer back ‘Eeey, what are you talking about?’ while laughing?

“I think you are,” you decided to just answer honestly, but not too direct. Your heart was thumping, waiting for his response. He was not going to be disgusted or something like that, right?

“That’s a relief,” his response was neutral so you sighed in relieved. You glanced at him only to found him smiling as he facing forward. Secretly, you also smiled seeing his happy expression. You thought he was the kind of boy who received tons of praise everyday so he was habituated by it, but instead of brushed off your comment coolly, he showed a normal response, just like other people. Happy and a bit shy. And you thought it was a cute of him.

You made a turn and Chanyeol followed you closely. Your house was a few blocks away. “I like to listen to your segment,” you commented on his radio segment. “It was always fun to hear.”

“Since when do you start to listen to it?” he asked curiously.

“Not long ago, actually it was just a few days ago, the day when you asked for my help,” you answered smoothly. You could not forget that day, for sure. “I’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter