#10 Explanation

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You found Chanyeol leaning onto his favorite tree with his eyes closed. You didn’t approach him as soon as you found him—you were observing his side profile from the distance without making moves or sound. You thought he was asleep, but his fingers were tapping his smartphone which was placed beside him continuously in no particular beat, so you assumed he was just closing his eyes. Besides, he furrowed his eyebrows as if he was thinking about something. The wind was blowing softly, blew some hair of him which looked fluffy. He played with his lips as if he was nervous.

Suddenly, Chanyeol opened his eyes and tilted his head, looking straight to you. You froze, didn’t know what to do because it felt like you got caught observing him, but you didn’t want to make the atmosphere awkward so you approached him slowly and sat beside him.

“Are you done staring at me?” Chanyeol let out his joke to tease you.

Your cheeks flushed. How did he know I was there? “I didn’t want to bother you, I thought you were sleeping,” you excused without staring back at his eyes. Chanyeol didn’t reply for a while, so silence between you and him. You felt okay because it wasn’t an uncomfortable silence. The wind was howling pretty hard, blew some red colored leaves in front of you and also your hair. You hastily searched for your hairband inside your pocket and tied your hair into a bun so your hair wouldn’t get messy. Chanyeol was watching you, then removed his school blazer and put it around your shoulders.

“Why did you—”

“I can’t let you sick because of me for the second time or else Minkyung will kill me,” Chanyeol said while arranging his blazer to fit perfectly on your shoulder.

“Minkyung didn’t know you were the one who asked me to go to the Han river, though,” you commented as you let him put his blazer on your shoulder to prevent cold. “Thank you, anyway,” added you while adjusting the blazer on your body. Chanyeol’s blazer was probably in size L or XL for men because he had tall figure, so your palms disappeared as the length of the blazer was too long for you. You felt comfortable wearing Chanyeol’s blazer—you felt like you were wearing a boyfriend’s clothes which were usually oversize for the girlfriend. So this is the feeling. You took a deep breath before starting a conversation. “So…. How are you feeling?” asked you carefully.

Chanyeol sighed. “Complicated,” he answered without much emotion. You expected him to not answering clearly, but you also didn’t want to rush him so you stayed quiet. But you couldn’t stay quiet for too long because you were curious what he was thinking and feeling.

“I told you before,” finally, you braved yourself to be the first one who spoke after another silence.

“Told me what?” he asked as he lifted up his face.

“Told you that Kris is Minkyung’s ex-boyfriend,” you answered with a lower tone. “You said it was okay. But now you are not okay.”

“It’s not a problem that Kris is Minkyung’s ex-boyfriend,” Chanyeol stated statically as he didn’t make movements beside his lips.

You sighed lowly and asked, “Then why are you like this?”

Chanyeol became quiet once again, but you could notice that his face was becoming darker. “You didn’t tell me that Minkyung still liking him and there is a possibility that Kris still liking her too,” he said, again with monotous tone.

So Chanyeol also had the same assumption like you based on your observation of their conversation this morning—Minkyung was probably still liking Kris. You felt like he was accusing you for not telling him the whole story, but you couldn’t blame him because he was not at his clearest state of mind right now. It was useless to blame him back—you warned him about Kris being your twin’s ex-boyfriend yet he was still liking her.

“I’m sorry…” you whispered unintentionally, because you couldn’t let out your voice as loud as you wanted. You your dry lips before explaining further and tried to clear your voice. You couldn’t stutter at this kind of situation, you better not. “I didn’t know either. As far as I know, they haven’t talked properly since their break-up… Minkyung has never mentioned Kris in the middle of our conversation either. She didn’t have her lunch with him and his friends like the previous semester and hung out only with her girls instead. I really didn’t have thought that there is a possibility of Minkyung hasn’t got over Kris… yet,” you explained carefully. You knew that making excuses might not be your best decision right now, but you really had to explain to him that you were also on bewilderment.

“You said you’re close to her, why didn’t you know?” This time Chanyeol asked with a curious tone—thank God, at least he didn’t sound mad anymore.

You raised your shoulders. “Because she didn’t tell me, like I said,” you answered as you exhaled. “You know… everybody has secrets—I have secrets, Minkyung has secrets, and of course you have secrets too. And not everybody wants their secrets leaked even to their closest person. I always respect her privacy, but… I can’t deny that I feel she doesn’t trust me,” you continued.

Chanyeol stayed quiet, digesting your words carefully. Noticing that probably he wouldn’t comment, you started talking again to blurt out your disappointment towards Minkyung who didn’t share her feelings or problems and towards Chanyeol who blamed you. “I know much about Minkyung—her habits, things she likes, things she dislikes, her preferences, her embarrassing moments… But I don’t know much about her relationship with her friends or her boyfriend, because she didn’t tell me. I only know who her friends are,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter