#37 Reminder for The Loving Day

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After sending off Chanyeol at the front door, you locked the door carefully and exhaled loudly. Too many information for one night, indeed, but at least you could breathe in relief now. Moreover, you already had the feeling that Chanyeol’s past would hurt you, so thankfully you didn’t get surprised that much.

“Hey, are you okay?”

You darted your gaze up, meeting Minkyung’s eyes who was leaning onto the wall. Her expression was like her usual, which you were glad about. Minkyung pitying you was the last thing you would want right now.

“Of course,” you answered as you formed a weak smile. “Did you over-hear our conversation?”

Minkyung stood straight and lifted her hands as if she was surrendering. “I swear to God, no,” Minkyung replied frantically.

Seeing her in panic, you couldn’t help but to laugh it off. “Don’t worry, I believe in you. I believe you wouldn’t do such thing,” you assured.

Minkyung breathed in relief and smiled thankfully. “Do you want to talk about it?” she asked carefully. You didn’t answer her immediately, made her in state of panic once more. “Eh—it’s late anyway, we can always talk about it later, um, if you want.”

You walked toward her and hugged her shoulders by an arm. “Yah, why are you being like this, it’s so not you,” you commented in amuse tone, “let’s have another round of hot cocoa and talk.”

Minkyung hugged you back, also with an arm. “I prefer cola, though,” she muttered.

“Do you want to get sore throat?” you snapped back. Sometimes Minkyung could be stupid too.

“But I don’t think I can drink any more hot cocoa tonight, I drank so much earlier,” Minkyung complained.

So there were you and Minkyung, sitting on the couch with a glass of warm honey water instead of hot cocoa. After a long, deep breath, you started telling her the full-story; from the day you went to Incheon until today. Minkyung didn’t comment often—she was just nodding or furrowing her eyebrows sometimes. When you told her about Choi Haera, you could tell she was surprised but tried her best to hide it.

It wasn’t easy to mention Choi Haera. All you could imagine was a pretty-looking girl with nice attitude, who was once Chanyeol’s girlfriend. Choi Haera went out with Chanyeol for a year until her death separated them, meanwhile it wasn’t even a year since Chanyeol and you officially met and got to know each other. You believed Choi Haera knew Chanyeol longer than a year. They could be classmates since their first year of high school—who knows? She must’ve known Chanyeol inside and out, probably better than you. Come to think of it, you didn’t know Chanyeol that much since you just knew him for months.

Until you finished telling her the whole story, Minkyung remained calm. At last, she spoke up her comment. “Even though I don’t know what it feels like, but I’m pretty sure you’re jealous because they broke up not because they wanted to, right? And you’re afraid about the possibility that Chanyeol still likes her. Am I right?”

You didn’t have any choice but to nod. Minkyung stared at you deeply. You prepared yourself to hear Minkyung’s lecture about how you shouldn’t think about it that much, about how present is more important, etc.

“It’s okay.”

You raised your head by her words and found Minkyung smiling to cheer you up.

“It’s okay,” she repeated firmly. “It’s okay to feel jealous. It’s okay to feel sad and even afraid. It’s weird if you don’t feel that way. You don’t have to hide your feelings, Miyeon-ah.”

“I’m afraid it will make me look like an inconsiderate person. I’m not the only one who gets hurt. I bet Chanyeol is having hard times too.”

“Feeling sad and jealous about this won’t make you look like inconsiderate ,” Minkyung assured. “I believe Chanyeol also understands. He also said he likes you, anyway. It’s you whom he likes from the start. He was saying farewell to Choi Haera and he didn’t genuinely like me because he likes you. He wants to start all over.”

Knowing Minkyung was right, so again you nodded. Minkyung approached you and gave you a warm hug. You were still hugging in silence for quite long when Minkyung spoke, “Hey, do you know what people always say about heartache? Let the time heals.”

 

When you arrived at school few days later, the first person who approached you was not Chanyeol, Soohyun, Yeri, or any student you knew but a familiar-looking female student whom you didn’t know her name. She had this big smile on her face as she handed you a hot pink brochure or something like that. Before you could process or even read the first sentence of it, she already blabbed out.

“Hi! I’m Heo Youngji, in case you don’t know me,” she introduced herself with wide smile on her face.

Puzzled, you tried to smile back. “Oh—hi. Are you also a senior? Sorry, I tend to forget people’s names and faces,” you asked with apologetic look.

“Yes, yes, I’m also a senior. You are Minkyung’s twin, right? I’m her classmate since the first year. Isn’t it an awesome coincidence?” Youngji replied in enthusiastic tone.

You weren’t sure what to reply, so you just lifted your thumbs up as you smiled, “Uh—sure. Yeah, fantastic.”

“Anyway, here’s the business,” Youngji pointed the brochure. Her exaggerated gesture made you paid attention back to the brochure. Youngji continued, still with enthusiastic tone, “Don’t you realize Valentine’s Day is nearing? My friends and I hold an event for Valentine’s Day. Look, you can order flower or chocolate to your crush or boyfriend. Oh, and guess what’s the best part of it?” Youngji stared at you with widened eyes and also widened smile, waiting for you to answer.

“Uh—my crush will accept my confession?” you guessed whatever.

Youngji waved her hand. “Pfft—no, we are not that expert. We aren’t love doctors, girl! We are mediators. Okay, since you have no idea, I’ll just tell you the best part,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter