#6 Fireworks and Notes

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miyeon-ah!” You heard Chanyeol was calling you, so you turned around and found him already finished setting his camera. You ran back to him.

“Are you finished?” you asked, eyeing his camera.

He nodded with smile. “But the fireworks show won’t be held here, but over there,” he said, pointing other park afar. “I think we should take a bicycle… Can you ride one, Miyeon-ah?”

You hesitated. “I… I think I can. But I haven’t riding one these days.”

“When was the last time you rode a bicycle?” Chanyeol asked.

You were thinking. Probably… 2 or 3 years ago. You decided to answer ‘2 years’. “Two years ago,” you answered. “I don’t have a reason to ride a bicycle, so I don’t ride it often… But, don’t worry! I can ride it, though.” You ended the explanation with smile and thumbs up. You weren't sure your smile was convincing enough.

“Let’s just rent the tandem bicycle,” Chanyeol pointed at the tandem bicycles which parked not far from your spot right now.

You smiled excitedly. “Whoa! I haven’t been rode a tandem bicycle before! I would like to try.”

Chanyeol laughed at your excitement. “Okay then.”

He rented a tandem bicycle for both of you and after he paid, both of you chose a red colored tandem bicycle. He took the front seat and you took the back seat. Your heart was pounding by the sight of his broad back. Chanyeol’s shoulders were not that wide, but it suited his long back perfectly. And you could smell his perfume, which made your heart fluttered. Thank God he couldn’t see your blushing face.

“Ready?” he asked, ready to pedaling.

“Let’s go!” you answered with an excited tone to cover your nervousness. Then, he began pedaling and so were you. Actually, you knew that tandem bicycle could be a little more unstable than the usual bicycle and you were afraid of falling. But with Chanyeol in front of you and his stable pedaling, you were at ease. You were really enjoying being at the back of the tandem bicycle, watching Chanyeol’s back as much as you wanted. Chanyeol kept talking about photography excitedly while pedaling. Suddenly, the wind blew pretty hard.

“Ack! I think I got something in my eye!” Chanyeol shrieked. He stopped the bicycle immediately to prevent any unwanted accident.

You asked him in concern, “Are you okay?”

Chanyeol kept rubbing his eyes, then he gave up. “Can you blow some air to my eye?”

You froze for a second, but nodded. “Sure.” Both of you left the tandem bicycle laying on the ground beside you. You wanted to blow some air to his eye but he was so tall that you had to tiptoeing to do that. Chanyeol realized that he was too tall for you so he bent down. You wished your face weren’t blushing because Chanyeol’s face was so close to yours right now. You widened his eye gently with your fingers and blew some air to his eye. He blinked a few times on your third blow and he stood up properly.

“Thank you for blowing some air into my eye,” he said, looking down on you who were shorter than him. Your proximity with him was still too close because of the previous action.

“It didn’t hurt anymore?” you asked to convince that he was okay.

“No, I’m fine now.” His wide smile appeared.

You were in awe, watching his charming smile in such a close distance. Realizing you stared at him without words, you quickly looked away and picked up the tandem bicycle. “Well, let’s go, then.” You heard Chanyeol chuckled and soon he helped you to pick up the bicycle. Once again, both of you were riding the tandem bicycle, but this time, in silence.

After 5 minutes cycling, you arrived where the fireworks show would be held. People already took some good spots, which were closer to the river. The fireworks would be popped out above the river, so you didn’t have to look up upon the sky too vertically and hurted your neck afterward.

You waited for Chanyeol to park the bicycle. The place was more crowded than you expected and you got pushed by some people. You stumbled here and there a few times before Chanyeol grabbed your wrist.

“It’s more crowded than I thought,” Chanyeol said. You glanced at his hand which was holding your left wrist. “Come on, we should get a nice spot to take some pictures.” He was still holding your left wrist protectively as he walked in the middle of the crowd. Your heart started beating in even faster speed as he held your hand, not your wrist. His hand was so big compared to yours although your fingers could be considered quite long. His hand which was holding you felt so warm in this windy night. “Your hand is really cold,” he said as if he read your mind.

“My hands and feet get cold easily,” you answered while looking down at your feet. He tightened his grip on your hand and kept moving forward. The show would start in a couple of minutes and you still hadn’t taking a spot.

“I think we have to watch from the back,” Chanyeol speculated. “Way too crowded. Do you mind watching from the back?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter