Bonus Chapter #2 (not a story update!)

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This Bonus Chapter’s topic would be:

“How do I develop the characters Miyeon and Minkyung?”

 

All I can say is Miyeon and Minkyung are real. Not exactly, but the inspiration for these two characters are based on real people: me and my high school friend (let’s just say her name is M). What makes me interested to bring up our characters for Miyeon and Minkyung?

Let’s go back to 2011, when I was still in second year in high school. M is my junior high friend, but I was not close to her at that time. For the first year of high school, we didn’t get into the same class. When we were classmates for two years (second and third year), we grew closer as we became chairmates. We often played bingo during physics class (don’t copy this, guys, kkk). We are partners in crime, you can say.

Our classmates called us ‘twins’. Why? Because we had similar height, weight, and hairstyles. We even have a close birthday dates—mine is late January and hers is early February. Although she is slightly shorter than me, we all agree that our body proportions are similar. Our hairstyles? Long hair with bangs. Like what I told you about Miyeon and Minkyung’s appearance on Chapter 2, her skin is glowing and she has fragrant hair. Basically, she is Minkyung and I am Miyeon. I described Miyeon of having wavy hair but not that tidy, it’s me. Although my hair now is much better, but back then is high school it was a mess (not really, but… I’d like to consider it as a mess). My hair is semi-wavy (you know what I mean, right), and her hair is straight and easily arranged. Just like Miyeon and Minkyung's hair.

I described Minkyung as the pretty one, and that is correct. M is pretty with a lot of talents. Aside from being pretty, she is friendly and easy-going. I’ve never met someone who doesn’t like her. She helped me being closer to our classmates because I am shy as a person. I’m the type to open up real hard after feeling comfortable with others, and M helped me with it.

Talents that M has make me envy her in a good way. We both like drawing, but damn, her drawings are better than mine. Mine was good, hers was excellent. Now she is majoring in design for communication and visual thanks to her ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter