#16 Changed or Not?

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miyeon-ah, hold my camera bag for a moment,” Minkyung handed you her bag. You grabbed it tight and waited for Minkyung to tie her shoelace. Both of you were ready for the photo hunting session this Saturday morning. In the end, Minkyung was the one who decided the destination—she picked Namsan Tower. The reason she picked that location was she wanted to decorate her room with for autumn-feels and Namsan in autumn was really beautiful. You agreed right away because you hadn’t been to Namsan for like several years. When you told Chanyeol about it, he also agreed because of the same reason as yours. The destination had been decided and Chanyeol suggested for meeting up there at 10 in the morning.

At first, both of you wanted to go there by car, but Minkyung chose to ride subway instead for convenience. You didn’t mind ride the subway because it would be faster, so there you were, walking from the subway station exit after riding the subway Line 4 that headed to Myeongdong station. You noticed Minkyung had finished tying her shoelace, so you handed her camera bag back.

“Thank you,” thanked Minkyung, carried the bag on her shoulder. For this hunting session, Minkyung of course brought her treasured Canon EOS 7D Mark II and you brought your father’s Nikon DSLR because you didn’t have one on your own. You asked Minkyung to teach you how to set the camera, made Minkyung excited because she thought you were really want to learn photography. Your original intention was actually trying not to look stupid because you couldn’t adjust the camera the way you want, but you didn’t want to ruin Minkyung’s excitement.

“Oh, that’s the shuttle bus,” pointed you to a red bus that was not far away. Minkyung smiled happily because both of you didn’t have to wait for too long to ride the shuttle bus. Actually, to go to Namsan people could just ride the cable car, but Minkyung wanted to shoot picture at the walking track because there were many trees with tangerine and vermillion colors she was looking for.

“It would be more fun!” Minkyung said last time. For you who owned unfit body, this was a disadvantage, but Chanyeol excited about the idea walking uphill so you couldn’t argue anymore.

Minkyung hoped into the shuttle bus and you followed her from behind. Both of you would meet Chanyeol later at the shuttle bus stop at Namsan. You felt your smartphone inside your pocket vibrated, indicating you got one unread message. Checking who messaged you, it turned out to be Chanyeol. He informed that he already took the earlier shuttle bus and had arrived at the Namsan shuttle bus stop.

“Kyung, Chanyeol has arrived at the other bus stop,” informed you as you replied to Chanyeol to inform that you and Minkyung were on the bus and would be there in minutes.

“Whoa, he’s pretty quick,” praised Minkyung. “Boys tend to be the one who’s late.”

You were busy thinking, was Chanyeol arrived earlier because he was too excited to spend some times with Minkyung or because he wanted to show Minkyung his good quality? Brushing aside your previous assumptions, you believed that Chanyeol arrived early because it was his nature not to be late. Finally, after 10 minutes or so, the bus reached the bus stop at Namsan. Autumn breeze your face softly as soon as you got off the bus.

“Minkyung! Miyeon!”

You recognized the owner of that voice and couldn’t hide your smile. “Chanyeol-ah!” greeted you. You and Minkyung walked closer to him.

“Hi, Chanyeol!” greeted Minkyung energetically. “Thank you for inviting me,” added her.

Chanyeol’s ears became redder. “I knew from Miyeon that you rarely hunt pictures because you have no friend to do it together, so… yeah, I just happened to have the idea of inviting you,” replied Chanyeol shyly.

“These days my drawings are becoming boring. I need more references. Besides, I want to decorate my room with autumn-feel stuffs… This trip would refresh my mind to produce even better drawings,” told Minkyung with excited tone.

Chanyeol looked amazed. “I want to look at your paintings if I have a chance.”

“Sure!” Minkyung’s eyes widened, so did her smile. “Nobody really look at most of my paintings except my family… You should visit sometime at our house! Right, Miyeon-ie?” Minkyung nudged your shoulder.

“Ah? Ah—Right,” you were surprised by Minkyung’s invitation to Chanyeol. You could notice that Chanyeol looked happy hearing Minkyung’s friendly invitation.

“Okay then, should we start adjusting our camera’s setting?” Minkyung asked while pulling out her camera.

“I set my camera earlier,” answered Chanyeol. “Is that Canon?”

Minkyung nodded as she took some sample shots. “Canon EOS 7D,” confirmed Minkyung. “You are using Nikon?” Minkyung was eyeing Chanyeol’s camera. You diverted your gaze to Chanyeol’s camera as well.

“D810,” confirmed Chanyeol.

Minkyung gasped in awe. “Whoaa, you have a really good camera!” praised Minkyung.

“This is actually my father’s,” Chanyeol replied. “He likes photography. He is the one who introduced me to photography.”

You were listening carefully as Chanyeol and Minkyung drowned in a discussion about photography. You wanted to join, but because you were not into photography, you didn’t know how you should comment. Because of that, you tried to focus on setting your camera instead.

“I like to use picture references to make paintings because it h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter