#27 Remembering Unbelievable Moment

When You Loved the Other Half of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dad picked Minkyung and you at school the next day in the evening. The buses arrived at school a bit late than what schedule had predicted. Your father was glad that both of you were okay.

Your Dad was still busy arranging your luggage when you noticed Chanyeol with a good-looking lady that parked her car not too far from Dad’s car. You recognized her as Chanyeol’s older sister—and you just realized you didn’t know her name yet.

Her figure was slim and nice, her face was a girl version of Chanyeol. Her hair was not too long, barely touched her shoulders. She seemed mature—it made her had a different aura from Chanyeol.

Because you hadn’t entered the car yet, you could see them clearly. They seemed to be having a noona-dongsaeng relationship that worth to envy. You must be unintentionally staring at them quite long because finally Chanyeol noticed you. He waved at you with big smile plastered on his face.

You felt embarrassed because you got caught staring at them, but you waved back anyway. Chanyeol said something to his noona while gesturing to your spot. His noona stared at you with friendly but curious eyes. You felt the urge to bow at her—since she was older. She nodded to reply your bow and smiled at you. Then, she punched Chanyeol’s arm lightly with teasing face. Chanyeol seemed to be bothered or shy, so he quickly got into the car. His noona shook her head in disbelief and got in the car as well.

Just before Chanyeol’s noona drove away, she opened the car’s window and waved at you. You were surprised by her action, so you didn’t have the chance to wave back at her because she already drove away.

When finally all your belongings were inside the car, you got in the car—the back seat of course, while Minkyung took the front seat beside the driver’s seat. Minkyung excitedly told Dad about the field trip. She was talking non-stop until the car reached home. Mom welcomed both of you (or just Minkyung) and prepared dinner. It had been a long time since the whole family got to eat dinner together.

Minkyung continued her cut story about the field trip during dinner. She shared to your parents that finally she could watch fireworks.

“It’s not that bad at all, I realized,” Minkyung admitted. “Beautiful, even. I guess the unfortunate incident that makes me afraid of fireworks is really just unfortunate. It doesn’t matter anymore, as long as I am being careful while watching it, right, Mom?”

Your mom nodded. “Of course! Next year you can watch New Year’s firework show with friends if you want.”

You looked up immediately by her answer. “But you never allowed me,” you mumbled.

“Minkyung has many friends, she will be safe with them. You only have two or three friends—it might be dangerous if it’s just you and them,” Mom argued.

You couldn’t believe of what you just heard. Your close friends were only Soohyun and Yeri, but Minkyung’s close friends were also not that many. Or maybe you should count Kris and his friends—they were pretty close with Minkyung. Or should you count the whole cheerleader squad too? You swallowed the bitterness.

“But Miyeon’s friends are really nice, Mom,” Minkyung mediated cheerfully. You swore she noticed your dark expression, so she once again took your side and argued Mom for your sake. You hated it when Minkyung did it, you didn't know why.

“Really?” Mom asked with uninterested tone.

“Yeah, Miyeon and I shared the room with Soohyun and Yeri. Both of them are nice! I like them,” Minkyung said.

Dad stopped cutting the meat. “So your friends are also Miyeon’s friends?”

Wrong. It was your friends that were also Minkyung’s, not vice versa.

“Miyeon’s friends are also my friends,” Minkyung answered without really answering Dad’s question.

Your father didn’t ask further as if he knew Minkyung’s real answer. The dining room was silence for a moment. Clearly, Minkyung wasn’t being comfortable with the atmosphere, so she continued the story of her experiences during field trip.

Minkyung was smart enough not to open about the incident you experienced during your field trip. You also didn’t want to bring it up—it was unnecessary and stupid. You probably would get an hour length nagging from your parents if they knew. Of course they wouldn’t blame Minkyung at all cost.

After helping Mom washing the dishes and cleaning the table, you went upstairs, straight to your room. You locked it so anyone couldn’t enter. Before you relaxed yourself on the bed and couldn’t get up until next morning, you took a warm shower. Then, you put on warm clothes and wrapped thick blanket around your body. Your thoughts were drifting away to the New Year’s Eve.

 

“Happy new year, Miyeon-ah,” Chanyeol whispered near your right ear. Like always, his deep voice rang inside your ear. It always sent shivers to your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter